Chapter 20

Love Is Confusing Me

 

I slowly shot my eye open, my sight get a little blur until someone's face appears vividly in front of my face. My eyes become wide due to his closer face to mine.

He gives a stupid grin to me. "Finally, you're up idiot"

Quickly, I push his chest then get up in sit position, giving him a weird look. "What are you doing here, Youngjae?"

I turn my head to look around me then notice how unfamiliar this place is, totally not in my room. The decoration looks quite good. Honestly, I feel calm through this room due to the combination colours on the wall. White painted with a blue colour and it seems matched together well. That is perfect for someone like Daehyun. I do awake, I had not even have the time to check this room because my mind keep on filling by the owner room himself, Jung Daehyun.

I snap from my thought when I feel the weight sink on the bed when Youngjae lies down his body beside me, putting his hand under his head. I look down to him.

"Your damn boyfriend had asked me to bring you porridge. Seriously, did he forget that he is your boyfriend? He should take care of you not me.. That brat" Youngjae lets out a grunt of dissatisfied, staring at the ceiling above us.

I lightly hit his head once "Idiot! You do know for sure he's not my real boyfriend, it's not surprise though to think that he doesn't care about me, and one more thing, starting from now you need to stop calling him, my 'boyfriend'. Don't act like you don't know anything about our fake relationship." I hiss while pinching my temple a little.

Bluntly, he isn't helping at all instead giving me even more headache. 

He groans then get up in sit position like me, crossing his legs. He turns his head to look at me. "Who knew, you will be his real boyfriend soon"

My heart starts to pound hard, giving me a weird feeling. A blush appears on both of my cheeks all of sudden by his words. I hit him again but this time with the pillow.

"Don't expect that. it's not going to happen!" I nearly shout at him, trying to hide my nervousness. 

He smirks an instant "I'm just talking but you seem overreact about it" 

I make a heavy sigh.

"Look youngjae, who I am to expect him to be my boyfriend. I still have self-conscious about myself and didn't even forget about how lower standard is, which absolutely different from his. I just a girl who he had picked for help and it's funny to think that he will like me then make me as his girlfriend. I'm just a poor girl and I'm totally not his taste" I let out a fake laugh which Youngjae stares at me for a second.

"That's because you don't know him. You really don't know him, Kyungmi. If you let yourself know him, you'd never said that. I guarantee." Youngjae shakes his head, disagree it.

"If you don't try to get to know him. you will constantly confuse yourself." Youngjae honestly mutter to me. I bite my bottom lip, unsure.  Youngjae lightly smiles as he lifts his hand then pat the top of my head like he used to do.

"Let's eat porridge before they get cold" He exclaims then climbing off the bed, going to the bedside table to take the bowl of porridge he had brought a while ago.

He looks down at me "You want me to feed you or you want to do by yourself? " He asks in a concerned tone.

I waekly shake my head "I will do it by myself" I simply says. He nods then handing me a cup of bowl with porridge and a spoon. He sits back on the bed and touch my forehead while I start to eat in silence, didn't even care about his touch.

He is like my brother to me.

"Hm, seem like your cold slowly goes away. You're going to be fine soon" He informs to me, pulling his hand back. I just give him a short 'hum' then the atmosphere become silent around the room, only the sound of a spoon and bowl competing could be heard. His eyes never left on me.

"What happens to Daehyun's cheek? his cheek looks a bit red. Is he just blushing or something?" Youngjae suddenly speaks. I almost choke on my meal after hearing his question.

'Seriously, he is blushing? What the hell! it's not going to happen because he isn't a human. he doesn't have a soul and the feeling to even feel anything. He is not going to blush because of me even I'm in front of him.'

The thought about I slapped him on the face this afternoon flashing back in my mind. The way his expression didn't even show anything on his face after I've slapped him, making me so sure that he really doesn't have the kind of thing that called a emotion even the feeling of pain.

How am I going to know him when he keeps showing the different side of him to me? He is like wanting to fool me with his unexpected side.

"But if he was blushing, why only his left cheek got red?" Youngjae curiously asks. His voice snaps my thought again. He looks at me, wanting my answer.

I press my lips together as the spoon in my hand slowly I lower down. I don't think Youngjae is stupid enough to ask me the kind of those question unless his question may have hidden meaning.

"So, did something happen between both of you guys?" 

See, he is such a genius but unfortunately I only remain silent. I don't want to tell him the reason why I slapped his friend. 

He smiles again when earning no answer from my mouth.

"I guess yes, Don't worry I'm not going to ask you again." He puts a fake smile on his face but I still can see through his eyes, showing a bit disappointment.

I nod to him. 'Sorry Youngjae, I can't, I don't want to aggravate about my father.. It's enough.. it's enough only Daehyun know about this.'

"Where is Daehyun anyway?" I ask as finishing my last bite then put the spoon back in the bowl. 

"He's in the living room, I guess. Why?" Youngjae takes the empty bowl in my hand.

I shake my head. "Nothings, just asking." 

He nods, " Well, I should get going now. My work is over" he states like a soldier as get up from the bed.

"Okay" I simply mutter, drinking water from the glass. Youngjae show his grins again then walk to the door along the empty bowl.

"Youngjae-ah" I call out his name. He turns around than look at me again while raising a little his right eyebrow.

"Thank you." I say in a soft voice, sincere.

He frowns, "for what?"

"For understand me and willing to bring the porridge for me." I smile.

He chuckles, "You don't need to thanks me, Kyungmi. You have to thank the ahjumma who is the one selling this for me" 

I giggle at his joke then shake my head. "I really meant it, Youngjae. You've helped me a lot."

"Yeah, I know but for bringing you the porridge, I don't think you have to thank me for that." Youngjae suddenly mutters in a serious tone.

"Why?" I confusedly ask.

"You should thank him because he is the one asked me to buy you porridge. He does care about you" Youngjae bluntly says.

I keep quiet, already know who is him that he is talking about. 

Youngjae walks out of the room, leaving me alone with my own thought.

......

 

After Youngjae left, I just stay in his bedroom pretty long until I didn't realize that I just got 14 miss called from my mom. I look at the screen's phone in a blank way. My brain can't work properly when I keep thinking something that I don't understand.

The first thing I do is looking at the time and my eyes becomes wider. I've been here pretty long as I'm not realizing that now already turned night.

'How long I have been sleeping here?'

I quickly climb off the bed then stroll to the door. Before that, I manage to send a message for my mom, telling her that I'm fine. I don't want to make her worry and I'm a bit disappointed when nope of the message once coming from my father.

I walk to the stairs and slowly take the stairs one by one, going downstairs. When I reach the last stair, my eyes spot Daehyun's figure, who is lying down on the couch. 

"You really don't know him, Kyungmi"

Youngjae's words playing in my mind just in time.

"He does care about you"

I shut my eyes for a while, trying to calm myself.

"I need to apologize to him for slapping him this noon" I whisper in a low voice. I think I was too over-emotion until I could darely slap him on the face. This is the only way to make my guilt disappear away. I hope so. 

I make my way to the living room, heading to the male. Hearing my footstep, he quickly puts his right arm above his forehead then shut his eye and to be honest I've seen his act. Seem like he is trying to avoid me again. It's almost a week he has ignored me for no reason. 

I don't have any idea why.

I slowly arrange the steps, approaching him with my heavy heart.

"Daehyun" I call out his name, sounding crack in the tone. Maybe I'm nervous a bit. 

He doesn't give me any response, just letting my greeting passed like the wind.

I press my lip together while gripping my fist into ball. Apparently, he's challenging me a bit with his behavior.

Finally, I take some breaths, pulling myself together and kneel down in front the couch he is lying. Seeing his red cheek make me let out a sigh instantly. I almost couldn't control my temper toward him and I feel bad now.

"I'm sorry" Those words slip out of my mouth, don't want to wait any longer.

"For slapping you." I add then wait for him to give a respond. I see him shift his body a little , I bet my apology makes him feel uneasy a little but I don't want to care about that. 

"Daehyun, you're already know about my family, about my father and I don't have any idea how you found out about this. To be honest, I feel ashamed when my father told me that you had met him before and I'm so stupid for not knowing about that." I pause, looking down to my lap for a moment.

"How much you had given him the money? I promise I'm going to pay you back" I look at him back. He just moves his hand, resting to his eyes and letting me talk alone. I bite my bottom lip and begin to stand up on my feet.

"Yah, answer me!" I shake his shoulder a little. He pushes my hand away, still don't want to look at me even a quick glance. I silently scoff in disbelief.

"Are you going to be like this? ignoring me? Yah, Jung Daehyun!" I raise my voice a little, he just pisses me off less than one minute.

I run my fingers through my bangs hair then breathe out to calm a bit myself.

"What's wrong with you these days? did I do something wrong? If I did, I'm really sorry. I just don't know what to do. I'm sorry, ok?" I say again. He clicks his tongue before turning his body to the side, letting his back facing me. I quickly raise my fist into the air, pretending like to punch him. 

Seriously this guy! Arg, I'm mad!

But lastly, I end up kick his couch with full of my heart due to my resentful to him. "So annoying!" I grit my teeth under my breath.

I bite down the pain that I just got after kicking his couch as I stroll ahead to the main door, trying to be like him, don't feel hurt at all.

But..

The moment when I'm about to reach the door, "Ouch, ouch ouch ouch ouchhhh....it hurtttts!!" I couldn't hold this anymore and I'm screaming in pain, jumping with only my one leg. I rub the sore part softly almost in tear. I think my toes bone broke. 

"Idiot" Daehyun mutters behind the couch.

My cheeks become red for my silliness. "Aish, I'm not supposed to meet him in the first place. This's all Youngjae's fault" 

I jog toward him back then face him while crossing my hand over my chest. He seems doesn't close his eye anymore instead giving me a weird look. "What?"

"I thought you just swallowed a rock which make you mute all of sudden." I'm mocking say to him.

"HAHA.. funny" He casually mutters. He surely never get tired of making me go angry. Jung Daehyun will never change.

"Forget it about what I've said to you." I become serious again. I make eyes contact with him about a few minutes before looking away. "I may talk with a wrong person who don't have the feelings." I add in low voice when I can't really read his eyes. I walk to the door again.

I have to go home.

"Care about me? I should not believing Youngjae in the first place" I mumble silently, furious by myself.

"Yah Kyungmi!" He suddenly calls me. I gasp, shocked then turning around to look at him again. He already sat straight while looking at me over the couch.

"How are you feeling now? Better?" He asks.

I stare at him long. 

"Daehyun, You creep me up" There's only words that I can describe about him now. I'll never understand him forever.

 

 

 


Hi, 

I think this chapter is abit boring.. I'm really sorry 

hope you'll enjoy reading my story..Haha

I'm sorry for my mistake grammar...bye bye~