Epilogue ❤

Love Is Confusing Me

 

Hi again, I know, nope of you guys asking for this but don't worry. I am the one who wanted to do it. So, just enjoy ok?! Hoo-ah!


“Wah, that was so cute movie I’ve ever watched” I exclaim in such a satisfied feeling, smiling.

If you want to know, I and the arrogant person next to me bluntly is having our date right now and we just finished watching the movie which most kind of romatic movie. Honestly, Daehyun seems didn’t like it the idea of watching those kind of movies and now he’s proven which not giving me any response to me. Just right now.

Great, just great. Could you just not to be too obvious, my perfect boyfriend? I secretly thought.

Outside, I pout silently while side-glanced at him who is having his usually poker face. Both of his hand stay still inside of his pockets in casual way. Although, almost two years we are dating, he still has not change his personality even a bit and still looking cold as always.

At last, I let out a small sigh, don’t have any mood to sulk for a long time with him. It’s not use either. Apparently, Daehyun seems to notice it as he hides his smile behind.

We stroll out from the huge cinema and seems like both of us has been squeezed by the crowd around us which really difficult for us to walk freely. My body tense up a little when abruptly a hand sneak up, wrapping around my waist protectly. He pulls me a bit closer by his side, preventing me from losing from his sight. My lips forming into a small smile immediately by his minor action.

That’s why I couldn’t stay mad at him for a long time.

“Where are we going next?” Daehyun asks while slowly releasing my waist as soon as the crowd not around us anymore. Suddenly I feel empty right away when his hand no longer around my waist like before, but it’s not long though when he trails his hand down, searching for my hand before intertwine his fingers with mine.

Instantly, I can feel the butterflies flying inside of my stomach as my smile become huge immediately. I tilt my head to him “Hm, I’m not sure”

He makes a tiny smile then nod a little. He raises up his free other hand then peek at the watch in his wrist to check the time.

“How about we fill up our stomach first?” He gentlely asks, staying his eyes on the watch for a while before lift up his head again, looking at me “Are you hungry?”

I quickly nod my head. “Yup!”

He giggles by my quick response, dropping his hand by his side “Ok, let’s go eat first”

Squeezing my palm a little more then dragging me to the food section. I only obediently follow him wherever he goes, cause I’m not the type of person who is complaining much, including when it comes into food. He seems wanting to try a chiness food and I only agree everything the choice that he made.

It takes about an hour we’re having our meal in the restaurant before we went out, roaming to the huge mall building again. Today is weekend, so, there no such a surprise for us when found out a lot of people walking here and there, neither a couple or family.

“Oh look, it’s so cute” I poke Daehyun’s side with my finger to gain his attention then point to the big white teddy bear across the glass of the accessory store. My feet had stopped by it own already as I stroll closer to the glass, pressing both of my palms against them. Daehyun also stops in his track then his gaze follow into the direction where I’ve been point at.

Noticing my presence no longer beside him, he approaches me slowly who is focusing at the teddy bear intently. I silently observe them with my sparkle eyes, running my fingers through the surface of glass. For a moment, I turn my head at him who is kindly standing next to me.

“How is it? It’s cute, right?” I curiosity ask his opinion while my gaze completely set on the side of his face, waiting for some kind of reaction. He remains silent for a second as watch the thing up and down with both of his hands inside the pockets. He bends down a little to get a better look before straighten back his body.

He shrugs, “I don’t know”

My smile promptly drop upon earning his answer. That’s not what am I expecting from him.

“Bwoya? You’re not fun at all” I whine then playfully pinch a little his shoulder, sulking. He blinks at my reaction which make me let out a sigh right away. He sure knows how to ruin people’s mood, especially with his blank expression.

“Ah forget it” I mutter, then turn around, walking ahead and leaving him with the jaw hanging open slightly, confusing with me completely. He quickly chases after me who is walking without him, cursing under his breath.

“Hey,” He reached beside me and trying to get my attention.

“Hmm” I give him reaction though. Hearing that, making him let out a small sigh of relief immediately, probably think that I may be sulking with him even the true is I am. Somehow, I quite can’t figure out whether he is stupid or what. He seems like one when it comes into the feeling.

Suddenly a group of girls which have around four girls happen walking pass by us. For a moment, their voice could be heard around the air which catching my attention completely.

“Hey guys, look at the guy” One of them calling for her friends.

“What?” The other three instantly turning their head at the female, confusing. They stop walking automatically.

“Turn around” She mentions to her friends as they do as she told. All of them turning their heads and for a second the sound of their fangirling could be clearly heard in my hear which I found most annoying.

“Wah, He’s so handsome!”

“Right, I never saw a guy as perfect as him!”

“I would love to have a boyfriend like him”

“Me too” The other friends said and nod in agreement.

I stop in my track immediately then turning around to face them. They promptly gasp as if just realized that I exactly exist by Daehyun’s side since they keep on admiring the creature next to me a.k.a my boyfriend. my lower lip, I slowly arrange my step in their direction, leaving Daehyun behind who is not aware by my missing beside him.

Four of them begin to panic when notice I’m approaching their way. I can clearly see through their face though. However, they seem didn’t even bother to run away or what, otherwise froze themselves in one spot.

“Are you guys seriously want to date with him?” I quickly open my mouth right after I reached in front of them. Not to mention, their expression immediately changed at my sudden question, didn’t even expect that. Four of them blinks in puzzle with their lips apart a little.

I watch in amusing before continuing, “ I suggest you better don’t”

“Eh” They gasp in disbelief.

I quickly lean in a little, as wanting to talk to them in private “He is not as what as you guys see”

“Wae?” One of them bravely asks me. My lips quickly forming into a wide smile.

“He’s not a human. He’s mean and don’t have any feeling. It’s just going to hurt you more if you’re dating with him. Trust me” I confidently state. Their eyebrows furrow deeply in confusion.

“Is that true? But he is handsome.”

“Yes, he is. But you don’t know, how serious I am, regreting date with him” I make a face, pointing my finger behind me without looking at the back.

“If one of you want to try to date with him, just go ahead. I allow it”

“Really?” their eyes sparkle brightly, didn’t believe what have they listened.

“Of cours-”

I haven’t finished my words when suddenly my mouth has been cupped by someone’s palm from behind.

“Ahahaha..” The person behind me quickly lets out an awkward laugh while eyeing the young girls one by one. I could feel the vibrate of his body through my back due to his laugh and his palm still in my mouth. The girls silently let out a small shriek when his face clearly in their sight.

For a second, Daehyun slowly drops his smile. “I’m not dating anyone, except her” He states with serious voice all of a sudden and emphasize the last words under his breath. The girls quickly fright by his sudden expression while I swallow my saliva.

The sound of his voice, signalling me that I’m seriously in the trouble now.

“Ah Unnie, we have to go now” One of them suddenly excuse as pat my shoulder once, nervously smile. Before I could prevent them, they promptly scamper away from us and left me with a big problem here. I feel like crying right now. Daehyun smile with satisfied and watching they fade away from the crowd.

Daehyun releases my mouth then he inhales “Park Kyungmi”

“Ah, Daehyun-ah! I’m really sorry” I turn around an instant and face him, clashing both of my palm together. I look down immediately, don’t have a courage to meet his sharp gaze at those moments. It’s such giving me a goosebumps all over my body. I know, I should haven’t gone too far like this. It’s all my fault but well, I can’t really help it too.

“What do you think you’re doing, Kyungmi? Am I not important to you?” Daehyun seriously asks which sending me in shiver. He folds his arms over his chest while setting his eyes at my tiny figure. He narrows his eyes a little and ignoring people who walk past us endlessly. Some are giving us a weird look, while some are just giving a quick glance, probably because both of us is standing right in the middle of way.

I promptly rose up my head “I just”

“I’ll punish you” Daehyun firmly states, cutting my words an instant. My lips apart in surprise as my eyes open wide by his unexpected words just now.

Did he just say that? Seriously?

“Daehyun” I slowly exclaim, but his expression didn’t change a bit which the worry growing more inside of me. I study his face once more for a second before nodding my head in defeat. I let out a heavy sight.

Look what’ve I done! Aish!

“You stay here until I come back again, get it?” His voice turn deep but not sound to harsh and begin to turn around from me. I surprisingly snap up and catch his wrist immediately. He stops as gaze at me back over his shoulder.

“W-where are you going?”

He remains silent for a few seconds before open his mouth again, “Take a stroll by myself”

“What?” My eyes wide in unbelievable. I promptly let out a small whine and about to protest by his ridiculous demand but he interrupts me right away.

“This is punishment to you, no complaining”

My facial expression turn into serious as observe him, hoping that he will tell me that he was joking, however, nothings change instead he waits for my reaction calmly. I remain silent by my spot, staring at his face for some kind of hope. At last, I make a heavy sigh.

“You’re mean” I mutter, running my gaze away. Slowly, letting his wrist go.

“You’re mean too, Park kyungmi. Don’t you know how much those effects on me” He states, I speechless by his words as I look up at him again. My mouth slightly open to say something but nope of words come out at the moment, which making me press my lips together back. I lower my head down in fear. The last time I saw his serious face about two years ago and I couldn’t believe I will see it again. Right here, right now.

How am I going to make up again? I don’t want us to fight like this. This is no right.

I bite my lower lip then slowly rose up my head, opening my mouth.

“But-“ I puase right away when he turns around as if wanting to ignore my next words and casually walk away.  I narrow my eyes in sadness before murmuring again “I was just joking..” I breathe out.

Taking some breaths into my lung, I watch his back without a word.  Right after his figure gone behind the crowd, I let out a small sigh and try to think positive.

Probably, he wants some time for himself. I’ll wait for him after him calm down a bit.

I nod to myself then my eyes roam around me. I quickly spot the benches near me in order for people to have a seat if they are tired or what. I take some strides forward then I reach at one of the benches. There have about three benches and two of them has been taken away. So, only left one more which one person sitting that one and there still have some room for me to take a seat. Waste no time, I quickly set myself down and breathe out in relief.

I relax myself with lean my back on the bench then silently observing people who are walking past by me. At the some time, my palms rub over my lap in uneasy as I feel them sweating a bit.

I’m worrying about Daehyun.

There is something on my mind, what if he really doesn’t come back again?

For a moment, I change my position as I rest my albow in my lap and support my chin with my palm. I set my eyes down at my white shoes bellow me, pondering for what have I done. Suddenly the sound of clicking tongue greet my eardrum, I titl my head to the side, and found the boy who is sitting beside me, running his hand through his hair in frustration.

He seems to notice someone has watching him as he instantly turns to me. For a moment, the shade of pink could be visible in his ears in embarrassment. He bows once in apology. I just give him a small smile.

“Alone?” He starts the conversation, probably want to erase his embarrassment.

“Kind of, but I’m waiting for my boyfriend to come over” I states, smiling a bit as hiding my upset face inside. He nods his head and giving me his kind smile.

He’s so cute though.

And with that, both of us start to chat in comfortable way in other to kill our time. I found out, the reason he’s being here is because he is waiting for his sister. He keeps on complaining how annoying his sister is, who is loving shopping here and there and due to his sister doesn’t have a single boyfriend yet. So, he is the one who has to take the job to accompany her whenever she wants to go. He even telling me his age, which younger four years than me. I found myself a bit relax than a while ago as I enjoy his story unknowingly.

“I rather have Noona as my sister than her” He hisses then pouts cutely. I just laugh at his nonsense talk, shaking my head.

“Aigoo, but she still your sister and she sure love you, Jung kook-ah” I reply with amusing smile on my facle. I raise up my hand to pat his head but suddenly a hand catch my wrist to stop me from doing so. I startled a bit as I look up immediately only to find daehyun’s figure stand in front of us and what most important is, his face seems didn’t happy at all at the moment.

Before I could say a word, he quickly pulls me up from my seat. My eyes wide by his surprise action.

I try open my mouth to say something but Daehyun drags me away from the place which I don’t have a slight chance to excuse myself to Jungkook at all. We only leave him blinking on his spot. I look over my shoulder for a moment and silently mouth him a “sorry”. He just shakes his head, showing that he really doesn’t mind. I smile in return before turning in front again and letting Daehyun pulls me away without protest.

Once we reached his car, he roughly opens the door for me then push me a little.

“Get in” he firmly orders. I quickly turn around and hold the door of his car, don’t want to get in yet. I face him as watch his sour face.

“Daehyun” I call out, meeting his ork dark eyes.

“That was not what you think, I was just having a talk with him” I continue when earning nothing from him. He didn’t say anything and only remain silent in his spot. He studies my face a bit with seriousness. I hesitate but open my mouth again.

“Trust me, plus, he just is like my brother to me since he’s younger than me” I try again and my voice turning low little by little and wait for his reaction afterward, but he still shuts his mouth close.

Deep down, I’m beginning to worry as I bite my lower lip.

“Please.. say something” I plead in guilty. My voice vibrate a little as I on my own breath. If he going to be like this, I’m not even hesitate to cry in front of him. I just don’t want something like this. He’s the person I really love after all.

He takes a small sigh and eventually open his mouth “Get in”

“Daehyun”

“Turn around and get in” He declared, but his voice not that harsh and I only found them sound more gentle in my ears. My shoulders slump an instant in disappointment. I’m not sure whether he’s mad or jealous, or neither both of them. I can’t possibly read his facial expression at all. He just knows how to manipulate my sight.

Gingerly, I obediently turn around and about to get in his car but a small yell escape from my mouth as I turn around again and hide my face in his chest. There is something big surprise me completely.

“Hey” Daehyun brings up his hand on my back then rub them.

“Wh-what is that?” I point my finger at the thing on the passenger seat without turning around. Suddenly I feel vibration in his chest as he snickers quietly. Weirdly, I slowly pulling away my face from his chest then rose up my head to look at him. I can see he is smilling now. I immediate frown at him.

“Yah, what’s so funny?” I softly hit his chest a little. He shakes his head as his hand still on my back.

“Try look again at your back” He mentions me to turn around, but I shake my head in horror.

“No, are you trying to pull a prank on me, right” I slam my face again in his chest.

“Kyungmi, trust me. I won’t. Just turn around, ok?” He placed his hands on both of my shoulders before tenderly pulling me off from his body. I look up, studying him a bit before nodding my head.

Shutting my eyes, I force my body to turn around and slowly open my eyes. The second thing, I gasp in disbelief when I figure out the thing. I promptly jump in to the passenger seat then hug the big white teddy bear I’ve watching earlier.

“Wah!” I shriek in joy and couldn’t believe he actually bought it for me. To be honest, I didn’t ask for him to buy though. I just found the thing was so cute and only wanted to make him know about it.

I inhale eagerly and my hand run through the soft fur of the huge bear. I snap up a little by my tiny trance then pull away the bear from me as I climb off from the car. I turn on my heel then give Daehyun a comfort hug.

“Thanks Daehyun-ah” I mutter and pressing my head in his chest. He flinches by my action but his body slowly become relax by it own afterward. For about a few seconds, I pull away and watch his face with smile on my face. I put my hand on his shoulders for supporting my body then tip top a little before pressing my lips on his forehead.

He blinks in puzzle for a second then look at me in red face, didn’t expect he will get a kiss from me. Despite the kiss he got only in the forehead, he can’t deny it that how fast his heart are inside of his chest. I smile at his rare reaction, totally enjoy at my result.

I let go of him then get into the car again and joyfully wait for him to get in too.

.....

The atmosphere inside the car turn completely quiet but mostly in comfortably way. Daehyun drive off his car calmly while I watch him drive in silent. My hands wrap around the teddy bear protectly, as if afraid of someone will steal them from me. I think, this thing will become my treasure from now on and I will keep them forever.

“Did you really like it?” He breaks the silents between us as give a quick glance in my direction.

“A lot” I state with a grin. He can’t help but pull his lips into a smile, totally satisfactory with my answer. I watch the side of his face intently and never get tired of it at all.

“Anyway, how long are you going to stare at me?” He suddenly asks after a short silent and didn’t glance at me this time.

I slyly smile “Wae? I’m not allowing to stare at my own boyfriend?”

He laughs at my playful words before shaking his head. “I didn’t say you can’t, it just you” He suddenly fakes a cough “ you make me nervous”

“Oh I see, then I’ll keep staring, because I love the nervous Jung Daehyun” I spit out in teasing tone.

“Yah” He pouts cutely. I can’t help but melt right away. Why he’s so handsome?

“Daehyun” I softly call him and he only give me a small ‘hum’ while focusing on his driving.

“Are you still mad at me?” I hesitantly ask as the curiosity greet me all of sudden about the moment ago. He smiles at my question before open his mouth.

“Kyungmi, I know what kind of person you are. If you really flirting with him, I don’t think you will be right beside me right now. You can do that a long time ago with Myungsoo or Youngjae” He honestly explains. I blink at him.

“How does those things come up all of sudden?”

“I just described the truth of you and I trust you, girlfriend. The way you pushed them away, telling me everything that you’re not the type of the person who like to flirt with any of guys. So yeah, I didn’t mad at you to be honest” He adds, smiling.

“Is that so?” I tilt my head in understanding. I mused for a second before starting ask again “But why you mentioned Youngjae’s name? As far as I know, Only Myungsoo who was the one liked me.”

“Oh, really? I’m just saying” Daehyun shrugs, letting out a nervous laugh which I blink at him in confusion. At last, I nod without saying a word afterward.

Speaking about Youngjae, Bluntly, He’s currently not in Seoul and he actually in Busan where his university was placed. To be honest, I’m not quite understanding why he rather chooses the far one while he could apply in here instead. It’s just a bit suspicious me. However, I’m glad he could find his future over there. It should not be something that I should bother about.

After a few minutes driving, His car pull in to the big garage of his house. A while ago, He said to me that we are going to have a dinner in his house and he kindly offered that he will be the one who will cook for us. I just gladly agree without protest anything. I’m fine with anything as far as I’m with him.

I’m about to open the door of his car when suddenly Daehyun holds my arm to prevent me. I stop my movement right away then turn to look at his obvious panic face. “Wae?”

“Wait, don’t move” He declared while his eyes roaming around his house as if searching of something. I follow his gaze but found nothing and all I know there have an unfamiliar car and the lights of his house are all switch on. Bluntly, I didn’t find them weird.

“What’s wrong?” I ask again, but he only remains silent which worrying me a bit. I softly nudge his arm with my finger and he snaps up a little by my touch, back into his sense. He turns in my direction and force a smile on me.

“Let’s just eat at the restaurant, ok?” He suddenly says. I frown deeply.

“Why all of sudden?” I’m still not satisfied with all of this. He as if hiding something from me.

“I just remembered that my house have nothing to cook” He states, sounding more like excuse. But what for? I narrow my eyes at him in suspicious before I feel he squeezes my palm a bit to convince me. I can’t say anthing instead give him a quick nod, breathing out slowly.

He quickly lets go of my hand and his hands automatic placed on the steering wheel, ready to pull out his car from the garage. However the sound of his phone ringing around the air which make him press the brake dramatically. My body shift forward a bit as my eyes wide in surprise.

“Are you ok? I’m sorry” He instantly asks about my condition and a guilty is written over his face. I look at him then flush him a small smile.

“I’m fine, just answer the phone” I mentions him to pick up his phone. He seems hesitate at first but pick up his phone eventually. Upon his press the green button, the first thing I know, someone’s voice shout out through his phone with loud even he didn’t turn into speaker. I gasp in completely startled.

“Don’t you even think to run away, Jung Daehyun!!”

.....

Daehyun’s gaze not any longer seem as soft as before instead, it has been replaced with the dark one. His face also has turn as well, which show more serious and there no sign of smile at all across his bare face. The atmosphere around him completely tense up and there also have one person sitting opposite him, with the same expression as him. They share the stare to each other with no one didn’t even have a courage to break it.

Now both of them is having their seat at the dinning table in Daehyun’s house and apparently he seems had to force himself to confront the person that he hated the most. Daehyun’s hands fold casually over his chest as he relax his body by leaning his back against the chair and the person infront of him also had the same position like him.

Like father, like son.

“What brought you guys here?” Daehyun starts, looking very serious with his cold voice. The guy in front of him quickly lets out a scoff under his breath before shaking his head.

“You haven’t changed , son” He states, ignoring his question. “Rude as always” he adds, smirk a little.

Daehyun curls the corner of his lip upward by his words “Is that so? Well, I’m just being rude at the person who really deserve it”

His facial expression automatic changed by his son’s deep, sharp words, totally shoot up through his heart. But soon, his lips slowly forming into a small smile.

“I bet, you’re still mad with us, didn’t you?” His father tries to search his eyes. Daehyun on the other hand, only presses his lips together, don’t have a mood to answer him when he really sure, his father knows the answer though. Mr. Jung quickly nods by his silent.

“That’s exactly the reason why we’re here. Me and your mother want to apologize to you and fix it back what have we done” Mr Jung breathe out heavyly.

“Tsk” Daehyun suddenly hiss under his breath, feeling irritated after hearing those words.

“Fix it back? As if you can bring back my sister” Daehyun mutters slowly, running his gaze away from his old ork eyes. Mr Jung silently bites his lower lips, a bit offended by his words. But He had promised to himself, he will swallow down everything his son said because he knows, there is no use to be mad about , it’s obviously all of their faults.

“Daehyun” Mr jung breahe out with sign of sadness behind his eyes.

“I hope I can bring back your sister but I can’t. Now we really regret it” His father lowers his head down, and his face definitely show how much guilty they are. Daehyun seems to notice it well as he makes a heavy sigh eventually after holding that for a long time.

“Bluntly, I’m not mad because of her death but” Daehyun pauses, shifting his gaze and stare at his father again. “I just mad with both of you for not spending time with her at the end of her life. That’s all” He acknowledges honestly.

Mr Jung can’t help himself as a huge smile immdiate show up across his face after those words greet his eardrums. “Thank-”

“But I didn’t say, I’ll forgive you” Daehyun firmly states, sounding serious again. His shoulders plump right away in disappointment.

He nods his head, smiling “I understand”

“But, it’s doesn’t mean , I will give up easily, Daehyun. Me and your mother will try harder to make you forgive us back.” Mr jung suddenly said, already having something on his mind. Daehyun quickly furrows his eyebrow together before a small smirk appear on his lips.

“Then, try me” Daehyun challenge his own father. Mr. Jung nods again before leaning in abruptly which make Daehyun watches him curiously.

“You must don’t have any idea that we know everything you do here, in Seoul, right?” Mr jung roses up his eyebrow at his son. Daehyun presses his lips together as ponder of something. For a second, he scoffs when something hit him.

“Are you seriously spying on me, didn’t you?” Daehyun asks, narrow his eyes.

“You’re our son after all, So why would we not?” He smiles, almost in complacency. Daehyun quickly tsks in his spot but nothing come out from his mouth at the moment. Mr Jung takes that as chance to speak up again.

“You know what, throughout we’re not here, everything that come into you will be in our hand completely. So yeah, almost everything you do, we know. About your school, your attitude, your friends and” he puases which making Daehyun impatiently wait for his next word. He either didn’t even avert his gaze away.

“No exception either about the girl you brought just now” He finished.

Daehyun’s body quickly tense up and his gaze become hard automatically. The part of his body begin to feel ache of nervousness but for his sake, he knows how to control his expression really well. Daehyun his lip once before open his mouth.

“What’s your point to be honest?” Daehyun curiosity ask, straightforward. Mr jung instantly make a huge sigh, give up when his son seem didn’t even effect by his words.

“We have this expection that you won’t even forgive us, So, Let’s make a deal” His father bluntly say, raising his eyebrows.

“Go on” Daehyun just nods, ready to listen whatever plan that playing on his mind. His eyes showing a judgement look over his father.

“You’re going to forgive us” He started as puase and wait for his son’s reaction. Daehyun raise his eyebrow this time, make his eyes into tiny.

“And, I’m going to marry you with that girl” Mr Jung point to the kitchen’s direction.

Daehyun’s eyes wide right away, shocking by his word. This time he can’t resist anymore his true face. He knows who actually he was talking about.

“I know your dream, Daehyun. At this age of you, you are planing to get married early, right? And I don’t think you’re waiting for someone now because you already have one in your heart” Mr Jung smirks when he successfully buy his son’s attention.

Daehyun’s lips slightly apart as he feels something on his throat block him to let out any voice. He closes his mouth back as slowly dropping his hands from his chest.

“So, My stubborn son, what do you think about it? Deal?” Mr Jung let out his hand in front of his son as wathcing him intently.

 Daehyun waits for a moment, before a small smile forming well across his lips. He confidently reaches out his hand to him before meeting his father’s palm with his “Deal”

.....

I stay froze in one spot, didn’t dare to make a slight move at the moment, nervously observing Mrs. Jung preparing the dinner. She is busying cut down the ingredients while having her back toward me.

“How long you’ve known my son?” I jump in suprise when her voice achoes around the air. My heart beat madly under my chest in fear. From the beginning, I haven’t yet seen her smile until now. So, I just assumed that she probably doesn’t like me.

“T-two years” I stumble with my own words. at this moment, I really want to slap myself hard.

She placed the knife down then turn around to face me, I fright right away when her stare shoot on mine like a laser. For a moment, she averts the gaze then point behind me “Get me that”

I quickly push myself off from the counter then turn around only to find a bottle of sauce. I quickly get it in my hand before approaching her then hand her the thing. She takes it then turn around again, making same position as earlier. I breath out immediately when she is no longer facing me.

“So, do you know how to cook?” She asks again. I quickly straighten my body up and look up as if musing of something.

“Not really, but I’m trying hard to cook better” I states then nod, rather to myself.

“Did you know how much daehyun like to eat?” She asks again, without turning her head to me.

“He is?” I stupidly asks, which make his mother quickly turning around.

“You don’t know? Aren’t you dating him about two years already? Then How could you know nothing about him?” She shots me a question in slightly rage. I gulp down immeidtaely, feeling ache inside of my stomach because of fear.

“It’s not like I don’t know about him but.. sometimes, he seems doesn’t show much about himself” I blurt out without shame. For a second, I finally realized what’ve I said when his mother stares at me hard.

Oktoke?! Why I talk back to her. Aish!

“Is that how you win your mother in law’s heart?” She asks after a long silent. I froze instantly in worry.

“I’m sorry, I’m really sorry” I quickly bows in front of her for being rude. She watches me for a moment before making a small sigh. Suddenly something hit me.

“Wait? Mother in law?” I whisper slowly under my breath but unfortunately Mrs. Jung heard it well in her ears.

“You know, you are too naive, dear” She states which I lift up my head at her in surprised by her words. I frown my eyebrows in confusion and before I know, Mrs. Jung approaching me with a smile on her face. I stunned in my spot because seeing her smile eventually. 

She is so pretty.

Out of blue, She lovely tucks my long hair behind my ear as my body become numb by her sudden action. “Don’t worry, You will find out soon”

.....

Under the dark night, drawing a beautiful sky above with the millions of stars. The wind blow up sheepishly around us while both of us inhale the fresh night air together. Now, Me and Daehyun is having out moment at the bench in his yard as we cuddle to each other in lovely.

My head leans comfortably onto Daehyun’s shoulder while his hand resting around my shoulder with full of love. Our eyes stay at the variety of magnificent flowers not far from us. I shut my eyes for a while when I feel his thumb rub against the side of my shoulder gentlely. I feel really safe in his arm.

“Girlfriend” Daehyun suddenly calls out as I feel he shift a little

“Hmm” I simpily response.

“Do you want to know about my dream?” He softly asks, running his fingers through my hair. I lift up my head as I stare at him, weirdly.

“What is it?” I ask eventually in curious, leaning back my head on his shoulder. He waits for a moment, probably arranging the right words.

“I want to get married with someone I love” He mentioned. I quickly let out a small chuckle, slapping his arm a little.

“Bwoya? I thought you want to become a detective or what”

Daehyun laughs at my words, shaking his head “But I’m serious, If I could, I would love to get married early”

I remain silent.

“Ok, So, who you’re going to marry with?” I open my mouth again after a long silent. Daehyun stops twist my hair instantly as he stare down at me, almost in frustration.

“What do you mean by who am I going to marry with, huh? Of course, I want to marry with you”

I sense his voice change a bit as I slowly lift up my head away from his shoulder. I straighten my body properly then turn to face him.

“I don’t want to put a finger on you yet, so that’s why I ask you, only if I’m not that person” I bluntly state, smiling a bit. He studies me a bit before letting out a snort under his breath.

“If so, then, who do you think I want to marry with besides you?” He shoot an unreadable stare into mine.

“Jina Unnie?”

“What?! She’s five years older than me and she even my senior, Kyungmi!” He raise a bit his voice in frustration. I chuckle at his reaction. Jina is his senior in his university and he always complained to me that this Noona keeps on disturbing him here and there.

“Still, it’s doesn’t matter. She seems to like you a lot and she is pretty too”

“Who care!” He shouts this time. I blink at him for a while before lowering my head down.

“But I care, I always worry if you do regret making me as your girlfriend because I’m not that beautiful like the other girls outside there.” My voice turn low while setting my mygaze over his lap. For a moment, I heard he makes a heavy sigh.

“Kyungmi, look at me” He suddenly demands. I silently bite my lower lip before hesitantly lifting up my head to him. His eyes searching mine then he quickly places his palm at the top of my palm, squeezing a bit.

“Listen carefully my lovely girlfriend, You’re beautiful, really beautiful. Maybe you don’t want to accept the fact about that, that’s why you keeps denying it. But trust me you’re really beautiful, Out and inside. If people think, you’re not beautiful then, I will be the one who happy about it, why?” He pauses for the air before open his mouth again.

“Because I’m grateful that only I could be able to see your beauty but they are not. So, technically in my eyes, all about you are beautiful and pretty.”

“So girlfriend” His voice suddenly turning deep as he slowly sneaks up both of his palms against my cheeks. He shifts a bit to me, before leaning in.

“I” He says then peck my lips once

“Only” peck again.

“Want” again

“to” again

“Marry” again

“You” Then after the last word, he presses his lips against mine tenderly. I shut my eyes and feel his lips on me. For a few seconds, he pulls away. I look at him shyly.

“You understand now?” He asks kindly, smiling. I nod my head, feeling how hot my cheek are. Suddenly something interrupted our moment when his phone ring up. He secretly hiss under his breath as drop his hand from my cheeks. He pulls out his phone then start to answer it, standing up.

“What do you want?!”

I look up to see his annoying face then I giggle a little.

“Hm ok”His voice turn into normal again before I heard he bids a simple goodbye to the person on the line. He makes a small sigh then mutter something under his mouth which I couldn’t figure out any of it.

He approaches in my direction before taking a seat beside me again. “Youngjae”

“What’s with him?” I asks curiously.

“He said he’s been here already, in Seoul”

“Oh really?, it’s a good thing though. How long I haven’t meet him to be honest” I state happily.

“Yah!” Daehyun pouts, I can’t help but laugh at his little jealousy.

“Ok ok, So what did he want from you?” I smile,

Afterward, he seems a bit relax as he leans his back against the bench. “He invited me for a drink”

“Oh really? Can’t I join too?”I make a puppy eyes to him. He looks at me weirdly before shaking his head “No, You can’t”

“Ah waeee? Daehyunah..”

“Because he might tries to seduce you” He casually states, looking very serious. I wide my eyes instantly, surprised by his nonsense words.

“What the hell-”

He quickly covers my mouth with his palm. “Don’t curse, girlfriend. You’re girl. It’s not nice of you”

I blink at his words. Trust me, a while ago, I feel like getting angry at him but now I really want to laugh my off over his kind advice.

Then, he pulls me up by the arm before dragging me into his house again.

I smile ear to ear. He is indeed my happiness and I’m glad I found him in my life.