Chapter 49

Love Is Confusing Me

 

 

No One P.O.V

Youngmi rushes over the elevator while cursing under her breath. She just made Kyungmi wait for a long time and all blame had to be on her phone. She just lost track of her phone earlier where she had to search them almost the entire of their room. Luckily, she'd found eventually.

Youngmi quickly presses the button beside the elevator then wait in front of one of the shiny silver colored doors. About a few seconds the door slide open and before Youngmi could step in suddenly she saw someone familiar and after recognize that person properly her eyes wide immediately.

"What happened?" She asks in panic while eyeing unconscious Kyungmi in Myungsoo’s arm. Youngmi steps aback a little as give some space to Myungsoo to walk out from the elevator.

“She passed out, I think she is ill” Myungsoo says while his eyes on Kyungmi’s face before he lifts up his head, looking at Youngmi again.

“Oh really, but she was fine a while ago” Youngmi murmurs and place her palm on her friend’s forehead but her temperature is perfectly normal. Myungsoo just press his lip together while watching every movement of her.  Youngmi pulls back her hand then look up.

“She probably tired” Youngmi declared as she remembered how hard Kyungmi was refusing to go to the event this night. Suddenly the feeling of guilty begin to rush over the girl to the way she had forced her friend to go until not realizing whether she was fine or not. She really such a bad friend. Youngmi thought and silently bites her lower lip and her eyes still glued on her friend’s face.

“I hope so” Myungsoo replies and he can see the concerned is written all over her face. Myungsoo adjusts a little Kyungmi’s in his arms because of standing for long and Youngmi notices it.

“Ah sorry, let’s go, we take her to our room” Youngmi turns around and seem like she just canceling her intention to go down.

“Ah, that’s fine. let just me bring her to the room. You just can continue join the event” Myungsoo quickly cuts her off which make the girl stop in her track then turn back around, facing the male again.

“But, I don’t think I can leave Kyungmi alone” Youngmi seriously states. Myungsoo shakes his head then flush her a warm smile.

“It’s okay, I can take care of her. Plus, I really don’t have mood to go over there anymore” Myungsoo tries to convince the girl in front of him.

For a moment, Youngmi narrows her eyes at the boy while secretly study him. back then, before she has not been friend with Kyungmi yet, she always saw this guy with Kyungmi, but she quite not sure what kind of relation between them because all she knows, Kyungmi was Daehyun’s girlfriend that time and it’s impossible for kyungmi to have two guys at the same time. She knows that Kyungmi isn’t the type like that.

So, She just assumed him as Kyungmi’s friend but still she can’t trust this guy entirely.

Noticing how doubt this girl over himself with half suspicious, Myungsoo quickly opens his mouth again “Don’t worry, I won’t try to do anything funny to her. She is my friend too”

Youngmi didn’t say anything as she presses her lip together.

“Trust me, okay? What is your name?” Myungsoo nicely asks as Youngmi clears once.

“Okay, I trust you, dude” Youngmi firmly says then hand him a key of their room. With struggle, Myungsoo takes a key in Youngmi’s hand and before he could mumble ‘thank you’ , she cuts him off.

“And, My name is Youngmi, Yoo Youngmi”

“Oh okay, I’ll make sure to remember that” He smiles again and Youngmi just gives him a quick nod. She gives a last glance at the boy before slowly walking pass through his shoulder then once again she presses the button on the elevator. While waiting for it, she turns over her shoulder for a moment only to find Myungsoo already walks down through the long hallway, heading to their room.

“I need to tell Youngjae oppa” She mutters while entering the elevator after the door slide open.

Carefully, Myungsoo places Kyungmi down on one of the single beds once they are in her room and he isn’t quite sure which one is belong to Kyungmi. After putting her down he pulls the cover up until her chest then walk back to the door. For a moment, he opens the door than peek outside as if checking on something.

His eyes wander around the long hallway and it’s absolutely empty. He shuts the door back before his hand slowly lock them. Turning around, he begins to approach in Kyungmi direction again but he didn’t go to her instead take a seat at the couch almost near the bed. He leans his back on the couch while watching sleeping Kyungmi in silence. He can clearly see how peaceful she is, sleeping right now which make him pull a smile on his lip immediately.

“Look, What you have done to me, Kyungmi?” For a moment, Myungsoo rubs his face with both of his palms, a bit frustrated. He looks up again then observe her for quite some more before getting up from the couch. He steps forward with his eyes didn’t leave from Kyungmi’s figure either. To him, she is always attracted him and she is the one who almost makes his life completely turn upside down from the first time he saw her until now.

Myungsoo sits on the bed beside her then slowly run his hand through her pure face, tenderly her soft cheek with his fingers. “You know, you’ve taught me how feeling of being hurt and You taught me how to love someone with true feeling. Before, I always underestimated the thing called ‘love’ and didn’t take that seriously. but now, I can understand the feeling of all the girls that I’ve broke back then. Maybe this is my karma for what I’ve done to the girls out there.”He pauses, shutting his eyes for a second before He slowly breathe out.

“To be honest, when the first time I met you, I never have imagined that I would have such strong feeling like this for you. Also, I know, not all the things we love we can have it.” He pulls back his hand from her face.

“But those facts can’t make me strong enought to let you go easily, Kyungmi” Myungsoo admits while running his fingers through his hair this time.

“How funny,when I keep on thinking about you all the time but you never once think about me at all.” He laughs mocking, almost rather to himself. At the time, Kyungmi shifts a little as she turns to her side facing Myungsoo. Myungsoo watches her intently and he notices she is a bit uncomfortable with her cardigan still on her body.

Biting his lower lip, he pulls back the cover out of her figure then slowly lift up her upper body before carefully pulling the cardigan out from her body, revealing her milky shoulders and her dress still on her body. He puts her down back then his hand reach back to the cover and about to pull it up but stop when he noticed the strap of her dress fall a bit from her shoulder. He can’t help but stare at the spot and the strange feeling immediately greets him before slowly his gaze move to her face again.

Without his knowing, He leans forward, closing the gap between them as his eyes land to her pink lips.

....

The sound of waves beach clearly could be heard from when he is sitting now. After he paid a visit to his grandma a while ago, he straightly comes to the beach rather than get back to his hotel room. He just feels a bit relief after a long time didn’t come here, His own hometown where he was born and he really glad that he managed to see his grandmother again. It’s have been a year already after his sister died.

Heaving sigh, Daehyun plays the sand under him as twisting them with his fingers in the space between his legs while the other free hand, casually rested his elbow on his knee. The night wind blows strongly through his hair which make them floating a little. He knew, tonight the teacher had arranged the event for all the students but he really didn’t have any intention to go.

Suddenly, he wonders what Kyungmi is doing right now and is she going to join the event too. For a moment, He tilts his head to the side and from a far he can see the light from the events under the tents. He moves his gaze again and this time, facing the huge beach in front of him and at the same time, his hand stops playing with the sand right away.

He is about to make another sigh but suddenly his phone ring up. He lazily pulls out his phone from his pocket jean then taking a look at the caller ID on the screen. Reading the name, he quickly rolls his eyes as just let the phone keep on ringing by itself without bothering to pick up nor answer them.

After a few seconds, his phone become silent eventually. Daehyun is about to shove back his phone inside his pocket, but it begins to ring again for twice which make he grunts in irritation immediately. Can’t stand for the disturbance, He quickly presses the green button before lazily placing his phone near his ear.

"What do you want?!" He rudely asks, didn’t even give a change to the person to start first.

"Woah.. That's harsh.. anyway, guess who am I with now?" The voice finally said which make Daehyun grows more annoying.

"Whoever with you, that's not my problem. I don't have time to play with you, Myungsoo" Daehyun firmly say, that’s why he didn’t want to pick up the phone in the first place. It’s just waste his time.

"Play? hmm, sound interesting, isn't?" He playful says as if it’s fun.

"I'm hang up" Daehyun decided to just ignore his nonsense and about to pull away his phone from his ear but the next words of him has gained his attention back.

"Are you really sure you don't want to know who am I with right now?" Myungsoo pauses for a while on the other line, "Well, you're going to regret it if you don't.. Ah, or you really don't love her?"

"What the heck are you talking about?" Daehyun raises his voice, half confused because he doesn’t have any idea what is he trying to tell him. There is silent from the boy as Daehyun patiently wait for his next word.

"I'm talking about.. your Ex-fake girlfriend" He simply replies and Deahyun’s eyes wide instantly. Don’t tell him..

"Kyungmi? Park Kyungmi?" He asks in uneven tone, to make it sure.

"Bingo!" He admits which make Daehyun quickly his lip in uneasy. He can feel his stomach shrink inside at the thing he just heard.

"Are you seriously with her?" Unknowingly, he squeezes his phone.

"Uh huh.. alone.. in the room, but don't worry she is sleeping now, beside me.. She's cute though, don't you think?" Myungsoo lets out a small laugh and his sound seems trying to test the male’s patience.

"What you have done to her, huh?" Daehyun asks through his grit teeth.

"Hmm.. nothing much, just drugged her a little" He states as if that’s a small matter.

"What the F**k?!! Are you f**king kidding me?! You- Where are you right now?!!" He bursts out, he just can’t be patience anymore.

"Woah, woah.. calm down, bro!" Myungsoo tries to soothe the angry male but the sound of it, he seems enjoy it. "By the way, why should I tell you? it's not going to be fun you know.. Hey look, although I lift up her dress, she didn't even budge nor wake up. She's completely unconscious, huh. How about I strip her?" 

"Don't you even dare.." Daehyun lowers his voice into deep "To touch her.." He breathe out as give him small warning. If the guy in front of him, he might throw his fist on his face.

"Why can't I? her body is beautiful though.. You should look at her now" His voice ring again through the other line.

"I said, Don't touch her, you bastard!!" Daehyun yells with full of the rage in his voice.

"Aww, are you mad? too bad I already am..” He declared  “You know, Daehyun. I'm going to make her mine tonight.. you know what I mean, right? that's exactly my point to drug her in the first place" This time, Myungsoo states with a serious voice. No more joke around.

"You!-" Before Daehyun could say anything else the sound of beep interrupt him right away, showing that he already hang up the phone on purpose.

“Yah yah! Myungsoo! Kim Myungsoo!!” Daehyun once again yell at his phone and for a moment, he almost throws his phone on the ground. Through his body, he can feel his body starts to boil up and mix with flare in his eyes. He quickly stands up from the sand then starts to run somewhare, didn’t even bother to dust away the sand on his .

Well, he doesn’t need to because the most important is he must to find Park Kyungmi. The image of her with Myungsoo make him almost forget how to breath again. He just can’t accept it and he will make sure those things aren’t going to happen even he isn’t sure either whether he manages to make it or not.

“You stupid! How could you let a guy easily take a advantage on you!” Daehyun starts to mumble while running to the tents. “I thought you know how to take care of yourself but apparently, you are not” he secretly hisses under his breath as run his fingers through his hair.

How come he couldn’t get confused with himself when she always acted like a sister who need a protection from a brother.

As he approaching the tents, suddenly his gaze catch a familiar figure not really far from him. He quickly runs to her then pull her arm to spin her around.

“Youngmi” Daehyun breathless says while trying to catch some air for his lung.

“Oppa, you scared me!” Youngmi almost shouts as her eyes widen in surprised. Daehyun ignores her while squeezing her arm a bit.

“Where.. where is Kyungmi?” He tries to speak again even his breath still in unstable state. Youngmi’s lips quickly forming into ‘O’ shape as she stares at Daehyun’s red face. Also, she can see some sweat roll down to the side of his forehead. She wanted to ask him what’s wrong but she didn’t think that’s a good idea.

“She is in our room right now” Youngmi asnwers his question eventually and before she could tell him about Myungsoo is taking care of Kyungmi right now. Daehyun immediately lets her arm go then run away, didn’t give a chance for her to continue.

Youngmi blinks on her spot as sending her gaze at Daehyun’s figure and the blink of an eyes, his figure already out of her sight. Deep down, she starts to feel anxious and worry if something really happened, especially to Kyungmi. She also still can’t put a trust on that Myungsoo guy easily but what can’t she do then. She really sure that Daehyun knows something about it and secretly hope that Daehyun can handle it by himself.

....

Daehyun bursts the door of the room open without even knocking it first. The first thing he wants to see is Park Kyungmi. As soon as he gets in, his eyes immediately catch the figure who is lying down on the bed. For a moment, his mind goes blank as all the thought that has been running through his mind a while ago suddenly gone somewhere. He just can’t believe what just he has thought a minute ago.

Daehyun weary crushes his back against the flat wall before bringing up his hand, running them through his hair again and he doesn’t know how many times he had messed his hair for tonight. Suddenly his phone ring in his pocket again. he lets out his phone and without checking the caller ID this time, He quickly answers them by putting near his ear.

“Surprise, huh?” Myungsoo started. Daehyun didn’t replied.

Hearing nothing from the poor boy, Myungsoo begins to speak again “You must think I really did strip her, didn’t you?”

He remains silent again and for a moment Daehyun shuts his eyes as pressing his head behind the wall. Yes, he actually did. But he didn’t want to admit it.

Myungsoo On the other line, starts to laugh and he just assumed his silence as a yes. “Well, you’re lucky Jung Daehyun, to be honest, I really wanted to strip her or more than that but..” He pauses for a second, “But hearing her keep on calling your name in her sleep make me definitely feel sick”

Daehyun opens his eyes back then his gaze instantly land at Kyungmi in front of him. He can see how peaceful she is now on the bed and secretly grateful that something exactly didn’t happen to her.

“And?” Daehyun finally opens his mouth. Myungsoo quickly lets out a grunt.

“And I hate to admit it.. well, I give up. I won’t chasing after her again, I have to accept the fact that me and her absolutely didn’t meant to be” Myungsoo adds and his tone sound uneven as he makes a huge sigh.

“Correction, you have to accept the fact that she is meant to be with me” Daehyun casually states, almost sounds arrogant.

“Dude, I’m trying to be nice to you” Myungsoo grits his teeth. Daehyun simply laughs as his eyes can’t take off at the beautiful creature in front of him.

“But, once you hurt her, you’re dead Jung Daehyun!” Myungsoo suddenly gives him a warning and he sounds completely serious. Daehyun just pulls into a thin smile before giving him a simple ‘hum’ as his replied.

“She was the first girl who only looks at me once and never look at me for twice again, I mean, unlike those other girls who saw me then stare at me until I was out from their sight” Myungsoo confesses.

“So?”

“So I want to punch your face right now! Stop asking! Don’t make me say you’re lucky one because she had chosen to love you, idiot!” Myungsoo raises his voice in annoying at the way Daehyun playing dumb with him.

“You just saying” Daehyun chuckles.

“Whatever, I hang up” For a moment, the sound of beep could be heard. Daehyun can’t help but laugh and then shakes his head eventually. He places back his phone inside his pocket before lifting up his head only to find sleeping Kyungmi.

Slowly, he pushes his body away from the wall then take a few steps to approach her. He walks around the bed before carefully sliding himself inside the cover, lying next to her and Her sweet scent instantly greet his nose. Daehyun sneaks his hand under her neck before pulling her to him which make her head rest on his forearm instead of the pillow.

Smiling, Daehyun embraces her close for the first time as his heart begins to pound hardly under his chest. He just can’t describe how warm her body is against him and he totally love it.

Suddenly the sound of door burst open by someone, Daehyun instantly raises up a little his head to find Youngmi who already stay froze in front of the bed, probably stunned at the scene she is seeing right now.

“I bet, I come at the wrong timing” Youngmi quickly lets out a nervous laugh then speedily turning around to get out from their room.

“Youngmi, wait” Daehyun calls out, Youngmi stops take another step then look at him over her shoulder.

“Yes, Oppa?”

“Let’s exchange room tonight, okay?” Daehyun carefully asks after being silent for a few seconds.

Youngmi remains silent for a moment which make Daehyun opens his mouth again “I won’t do anything, I just want to accompany her”

Youngmi widen her eyes immediately before waving her hand in front of her face, “ No, No, I didn’t think that way, because I already trust Oppa”

Daehyun kindly smiles, “Thanks Youngmi”

“Ah, No problem, and I’m leaving now” She excuses then wink to Daehyun once before making herself to the door, going out of the room.

Hearing the door close, immediately Daehyun drops his head back on the pillow then tightly his embrace to Kyungmi. He tilts his head as watches her silently. He just wondering how much Myungsoo had given sleeping pills on her until she didn’t even budge in her sleep at all.

“This guy” He mutters before focusing again on her. For a moment, his eyes travel around her calm face.

“You’re really pretty, Kyungmi” Daehyun states, then brush off her hair a little out from her face with his free hand. He stops his movement dramatically as his face approach to her face abruptly, about to kiss her but Kyungmi suddenly shifts in her sleep as stretching out her hand until accidentally push Daehyun’s face.

“What the..” Daehyun instantly lets out a groan and gently grab her hand away from his face. When he notices she is about to turn to the other side away of him, He quickly rolls her back to him by pulling her shoulder, making her head on his chest again. Daehyun quickly making a heavy sigh.

“Seriously, is she usually sleep like this?” Daehyun mumbles under his breath but after that, his lips forming into an amused smile.

“Kyungmi, Kyungmi.. you just ruined our moment you know” His hand slowly pats at the side of her as if she is a baby. Kyungmi mumbles in his sleep all of sudden which make Daehyun stops patting her.

“What? What did you say?” Daehyun asks, then wait for a moment but nothing more out from . Daehyun narrows his eyes  for some few seconds before continue patting her again.

“Daehyun~” Kyungmi mumble again and this time her word could hear clearly. Daehyun can’t help but to smile ear to ear at the way his name escaped from her lips.

Daehyun yawns all of a sudden and decide to just go sleep. It's such a tiring day for him today. He slowly closes his eyes and it didn’t take long though when his ears catch Kyungmi mutters something again.

“I love you” Her murmurs almost whisper. Daehyun opens back his eyes right away in disbelief. he turns his head to observe her, pressing his lips together.

“You’re weird, Kyungmi” He randomly states as his eyes gradually turn into soften. He slowly shuts it back his eyes while gently mumbling back,

“Well, I love you too, Park Kyungmi”

 

 

 

THE END !

 

 

 

 


 

Just kidding!! hehe, one more chapter to go before this story complete so, wait for it, My lovely readers!!

By the way, I'm really sorry for Myungsoo's fan, I didn't mean to make him as a mean character but hey, at least he isn't that bad in this story, right? kekeke

​bye bye!

#PrayForNepal :(