Chapter 32

Love Is Confusing Me

 

 

I could not believe he's being like this way. I admit it he such a stubborn guy which makes me just want to knock his head on something hard sometimes. I don't know how many times I've let out a heavy sigh today. All I could do is keep quiet and just let him do whatever he want. I’m so done with him. I don’t want to argue with him for the small thing cause it is not helpful either.

He brought me at nearby stall not really far from our school. But at the moment I didn’t even let out any voice to talk with him as shut my mouth tight. He notices my mood has changed but he’s being dumb about it. Actually, I’m not that hungry cause I can eat in the school when the break time come, but the situation changes when he forced me like this. I couldn’t do anything when he keeps threatening me to touch me.

What makes me the most resentful was he ordered a lot of foods only for me while he didn’t order anything for himself. when I started to scold him, he just only shows me a cozy smile then mention me to eat up instead. It is not like I don’t want to eat but when thinking about he will pay the bill for me make me feel bad, guilty, poor and anythings sound like them.

I’ve told him that I can’t finish all of the meal but he refused to listen, and eventually he finished it for me instead. The moment when we go to the school again, the gate already closed and we end up skip the school today.

“Great, for the first time. I just break the school rules” I keep complaining with my hands fold over the chest, dissatisfied. Daehyun makes a thin smile while driving away his car to the road.

“Fine, you can blame on me for it but please stop complaining. You’re annoying me you know.” He finally speaks up right after hearing my complain. I make a face then look out of the window, sighing.

“Are you never breaking any rules before?” he suddenly asks when earning my silent from the passenger seat.

“No” I speedily answer without waiting any second. Then, something hit me. “Yes, I did” I bite my lower lip as shut my eyes for a moment. My words has attracted his attention as well.

“Really? Then, what kind of rule you have broken before?” he interesting asks me. I turn my head then stare up at him for a long time, letting the huge sigh.

‘It’s not the school rules, but your rules’ I whisper in my heart. He realizes my stare on him as he tilted his head for a moment to look at me.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” He confusedly asks, frowning. He notices my facial expression has changed, it’s not a good one but a bad one. I just shake my head before turning my head in front. His frown becomes more obvious upon my weird behavior but he just shrugs it off. He might think those are my worse past and laborious to let him know. I just let him think whatever he wants.

“You want me to take you home or somewhere else?” He changes the topic all of sudden. Seem like he is lost and don’t have any clue where should they go since he just drives everywhere he is feeling too. He either just drives with slow speed, not too fast.

I think for a moment, my eyes wander around the area where we have been now.

“Take me to the library” I announce as decide to just spend the time to the library when I realize this place is near the public library. At least I can erase the feeling of guilt for skipping the school. Beside, I can do my assignment and find the materials to assist on the topic that I’m working on lately. Daehyun doesn’t seem like wanting to object against my command instead he drives off to the location I wanted to go.

He parks the car in a parking lot then turn off the engine. His action attracts my attention as I tilt my head to him, frowning.

“Don’t you want to go home?” I confusedly ask him while hanging my bag on both of my shoulders, ready to get out.

“No, I don’t feel like going home, it’s boring” he takes out the key then open the dashboard before taking his sunglass out. He hangs them on his collar shirt and start to get out from his car, leaving me blinking on my seat. I make a face and make myself out of the car, slowly close the door back.

“What's with sunglass? keeping him cool, huh?” I silently scoff and earning his death stare instead. I turn around and pat my mouth a few times for taking uncivilized. I should watch my mouth next time. I take some breath before turning in front again but he is nowhere to be seen anymore. I quickly make a huge sigh before making my way to the front door. Seems like there is not many people come to the library at this time, probably because they are going to school or work now.

‘Ah, I should’ve in the school now’

I step into the huge building in silence, glancing around me. I intend to search him but I can’t find his figure at all at this moment. The librarian who is walking pass by immediately give me a weird look when she notices I keep looking around as if I lost in the supermarket. I hesitantly curl my lip into a smile before keeping my walk inside. She just shakes her head and start to do her work again right after seeing me disappear from her sight. I go immediately to the special room for user library to keep their stuff. I take a few of books that I need it along the other thing before shoving my bag into the one of the locker. I walk out of the room with all my book in my hand.

‘Ah, how much I’ve waste my time now.’ I silently groan and decide to just find a seat for me.

About Daehyun, I don’t have any idea where he is now. it’s not like I don’t want to find him but seeing a huge library like this make me probably think about twice. I’m just going to waste my time only to get him back. There have two floors in this building and it’s quite silence as if no one was there. I just assume him in the second floor cause in the first floor I totally can’t find his figure at all.

I stroll to the direction where is place a lot of tables and book shelf with a cozy smile face on my face. But without I realize, a heavy sigh escape from my small lip again, thinking about how irresponsible he is currently abandoning me alone just like that. It’s hurt me a little, seem like he doesn’t really care about me at the moment.

My feet keep walking to the small hall which my right is a lot of tables while the left is the row of the book shelf. At the moment, my mind already goes far away from the library and my body still left here with the blank expression on my bare face. As I'm in the deep thought suddenly someone yank my right hand and definitely make me almost yell in startled. He squeezes a bit my wrist as I automatically tilt my head to the side, opening my mouth.

“Yah, Jung-” My word has hanging up in the air when he roughly pulls my hand to him and I end up sit on his lap instead. My eyes grow big instantly, after realizing our position.

“Shhhhh...” He secretly shushes me against my ear, sending his warm breath again my skin. I quickly breathe in and out, losing the focus on him an instant.

“you’re going to kick out from here if you use your loud voice” His voice becomes soften. Seem like he just wants to warn me but can he stops doing stuff like this. He points his forefinger to the wall in front of us, Showing the notice for user library to keep quiet. But my focus now is not to the notice instead to a few of peoples around here who is already giving an uneasy stare to us, probably think that we’re going to do such a dirty thing here.

I quickly jump off from his lap before facing him. His grip still on my wrist and slightly tighter than before. I immediately swing my hand back and forth in rough, hoping he will release me. but the grip still haven’t released as I wish. I stare down at Daehyun with my cold eyes, biting my inner cheek.

“What are you trying to do, Daehyun. Let me go now” I grit my teeth under my breath, attempting as hard as can to lower my voice.

“I just want to scold you for making me wait for you such a long time” He stares up at me right in my eye. But seeing his face, doesn’t exactly look like he is going to scold me at all, mostly a calm face.

“if you want to scold me then do it but please don’t need to touch me like this, I’ve told you-”

“Yeah, yeah.. stay away from you in one meter. Don’t need to remind me for twice. You talk to me like I’m too desperate to make a skinship with you” he scoffs then release my wrist, looking forward. I secretly clench my fist due his word. It’s hurt me like hell, realizing the fact that he totally seems like didn’t care much about me. doesn’t he know how hard for me to accept the new feeling that unwilling attend into my heart? I've to swallow down the fact that I couldn’t express my feeling to him. can he understand a bit why I ask him to stay away from me? he more become my sensitive now.

“you’re more stupid than I thought” I sternly states, turning around before speed up my walks to the one of the shelves. The walk turn into the run as I step deep into the hall between shelf book. I end up reach the wall, which placing the end of the long shelf. I lean my back against the wall, covering my face with my palm in disappointment. I slowly slide myself down to the ground then bury my face on my knee, bursting my tears out.

‘Why he is always doing this to me?’ I thought,

he is good at everything, good making the people feel bad for him, good manipulated people’s view to him, He also good making my heart hurt like hell. He is surely an amazing guy. But I can’t totally handle the amazing guy like him, I’m not the right person to do that. And how hard I deny the fact about that, he will show his amazing to me with no mercy. I hate it.

My sobs a bit loud but for my luck there is nobody around here. Within a minute, suddenly a hand place on my shoulder with soft way. I didn’t even lift up my head since I know who the owner of the hand is.

“Don’t touch me” I push his hand away from my body.

“I’m sorry” He shortly says, managed get my attention as I lift up my head but I don’t look at his face instead look at the shelf in front of me with a blank expression.With the corner of my eyes I could see his feet and he stands a bit far from me, probably do as I’ve told him. stay away from me in one meter.  I heard he make a sigh before squat down on his spot, trying search my face.

Noticing his action, I quickly wipe my tears away with my palm then avoiding meet his eyes. I know he is trying to make eye contact with me.

“Is my word hurt you a lot?” he bluntly asks, more than confused. I press my lip together, didn’t reply him.

“I don’t have any idea why are you keep asking me to stay away from you.” He honestly say again, and trying to get close near me but seeing me like wanting to step back, He quickly stops to do so, sighing again.

“Seem like you really afraid of me. what should I do, then?” He states in surrender but earning nothing from me. He suddenly lower his head trying to look at my face again. I bite my bottom lip hardly before turning my head to him. Our eyes meet like a magic. His stare automatically land on my eyes. I feel inside of my heart pounding down crazily all of a sudden.

Afraid he will realize it, I quickly stand on my feet.  He blinks for a moment before mirror me too. I turn my body around, letting him facing my back. I start to curse into my heart, for my careless. I almost show him my feelings. I shouldn’t have to care for his word a while ago. I don’t have any idea why I've become more emotion today. He might suspicious with my weird behavior.

‘why am I being such a childish in front of him? I couldn’t believe I just let him see me crying like a kid’ I mentally shout in my heart.

“L..let’s forget about this. I don’t know why I act like this way.” Finally I open my mouth but my voice seems a bit vibrate. I still have my back to him as I don’t know what kind of the expression he is giving me now.

“Okay” He briefly agrees, didn’t say a lot of words. But the sound of his voice makes me sure that he really nears with me. I can sense his figure behind me.

“W..we should go back to our place now, we have waste much time by now” I hesitantly state, taking all my book on the floor then begin to walk out of the shelf book. My action secretly has earned a small smile from the male when he quietly steps forward, following me from behind.

We both arrived at the table where he has been sitting a while ago. I pull out immediately the chair and begin to sit on it while he takes a seat opposite with me. without waiting any minute, I quickly open my book in front of me, trying to avoid from our eye meet again. The situation has become more awkward right after the small accident occurred. I try to make myself busy so he doesn’t have to make a conversation to me.

“Need my help?” He suddenly asks.

“No need” I shortly say, without even lift my head up. He just shrugs on his spot.

“Okay, if you say so, then, I want to sleep” He inform as take his sunglass over his collar shirt before putting them on his eyes. He lowers himself a bit to make him comfortable on the chair then go to sleep with hand fold over his chest. I slowly raise my head up to look at him then let out a sigh of relief. At least I can breathe properly without even worried about how to erase our awkwardness.

‘You’re weird, Daehyun’ I whisper in my heart then curls my lip into a smile. I look down again and continue doing my assignment again, slightly pout at the thought of the trouble to do this kind of assignment. It’s quite hard for me to finish them since it’s for individuals not in a group. I slowly stand without even let out any sound then stroll to the shelf book, trying to search a few of books that can help me.

....

An hour has passed as I stop for a while from focusing over my assignment as I stretch the part of my body that I feel bellow all of sudden. I mash my shoulder a little to make the pain go away when suddenly my eye land to the sleeping guy in front of me. He till in his position and makes me wonder if he feels comfortable or not.

“is he still sleeping?” I whisper with a low voice while trying to search his eyes through the sunglass he is wearing now. I narrow my eyes a little but the glass too dark until I could see my reflection back through them. I can’t even guess whether his eyes are open or not.

I eventually give up as make a sigh silently, assuming he is still in dreamland. I tilt my head to the side and notice two teenage girls is standing between shelf not really far from our table, whispers to each other while one of them pointing her forefinger to our direction. I start to frown in my spot before following her point and gasp. They are talking about the guy in front of me now. and the second thing I know, they begin to fangirling over him. I only roll my eyes in irritation.

Seem like they aren’t noticed yet my presence cause they only have an eye on Daehyun. I keep staring at them for a long time until one of them realizes my presence . Her smile drop immediately when I enlarge my eyes to her, giving her hint to back off. She instantly pats her friend’s shoulder before whispering something to her friends. Then, the other female looks at me confusedly. within a minute both of them leave the place as I wish.

“He always grabs people’s attention even doing nothing. Such a troublesome” I murmur under my breath and without my realization I’ve grip the pen in my hand tightly.

‘Oh gosh, I can’t believe I’ve just become jealousy like this’ I silently thought, biting my lower lip. I look up again and notice Daehyun lip’s slightly smile all of sudden. I start to panic on my spot, afraid that he actually awake the whole of time and see whatever I do a while ago through his damn sunglass. Why he must wear them!?

“Daehyun, you’re up already?” I lean in a little while calling him. He didn’t seem like move from his spot at all. I wave my hand in front of his face while waiting for his reaction but nothing come at the moment. I start to suspicious him and decide to just take off his sunglass by myself so I can discover he exactly is sleeping or not. I reach my hand out then hesitate to go to his face. I take some breath when my finger almost touches his sunglass, but suddenly somebody nudges the side of my arm, cutting off my action. My hand drops immediately to the table because of shocked. Then I quickly look beside me with surprise expression.

“Oh hey” I greet the little boy who is showing his innocent face to me, a bit confused by his presence all of sudden. Where he comes from though?

“Nonna, Can I borrow your pencil?” He shows his smile to me. I response him by giving a wide smile back then my eyes instantly land to the book he is hugging over his chest now. I nod my head  and then take one of my pencil before  handing it to him.

“Here” I smile again. He shyly takes from my hand before turning around and the blink of eyes, he already isn’t in my sight any longer. I blink for a moment to process what just happened a while ago. A heavy sigh escapes from my lip as I look down to my mess book and a few of papers in front of me. My desire to take off Daehyun’s sunglass immediately gone as I grab the pen and begin to do my work again.

‘Maybe that’s actually his habit, smiling in his sleep, I shouldn’t bother him now’

....

I shot my eyes open in surprise and realize I’m not in the library anymore instead in....a car? I try to rub my eyes for a few times, hoping this is only in my dream. Cause I’m really sure that I was working on my assignment earlier and how the hell could I be here in the first place. That’s not make sense at all.

“Oh god, you’re up in the right time cause we’re already reaching near to your house” Daehyun’s voice make me realize that I’m not in my dream.

“How..how come....-” I don’t have a right word to say now cause I’m too surprised. The evening sunlight radiating through the glass in front of me as I shut a little my eyes, turning my head to the side, facing Daehyun who is calmly driving his car. He makes a sigh on his seat upon noticing my clueless.

“You fell asleep in the library” He shortly replies. I gawk on my spot.

“really? how come I’m not noticing” I mumble then try to recall back the moment when I was in the library a while ago.

“Why you didn’t wake me up?” I timidly asks, unable to believe he has carried me into the car instead wake me up. I look down and realize my bag perfectly lay on my lap. He probably takes them too from the locker.

Daehyun didn’t give any response this time as he keeps his mouth shut tightly. I just assume him that he has his own reason but I’m not sure about that too. I look out of the window and my house could be seen from here. His car stops in front of the gate just in time.

“Thanks” I mumble while yawning, seems like I still drowsiness. I’m about to open the door suddenly Daehyun hold me from my action by calling my name. I turn around instantly.

“Why?” I weakly asks but earning his silent again. Daehyun shoves his hand into the pocket before letting out something on his palm. He hands to me with a thin smile on his face. I frown on my spot at the thing in front of me.

“The little boy gave this back to you. he asked me to say Thank you for lending him a pencil” He explains, make my lip turn into circle shape. I slowly take them before putting them in my bag pack with my head lower down. Suddenly I feel something heavy on the top of my head, I look up immediately only to find Daehyun’s hand on the top of my head.

“What are you doi-”

“I just feel like doing this” He brushes a little my bangs  before drop his hand to the side, smiling. I can feel my tears fill in my eye instantly. I didn’t reply his smile instead get out immediately from the car as I run toward my house.

“Only Youngjae would do that to me cause I’m like his sister”

 

 


:D