Chapter 45

Love Is Confusing Me

 

 

Youngjae’s car pull in right in front of his house. The view of his almost big house visible clearly in my eyes. However, I stay froze in the passenger seat, didn’t even budge at all. Seeing my silent, making youngjae lets out a small sigh right away.

During the ride a while ago, I managed to ask Youngjae, how he found me. he just said, he is happened saw me had been pulled by Myungsoo in the school when he went to get his car and he started to feel insecure about it, that’s why he decided to follow Myungsoo’s car instead. It seems come out true and I feel realized that he was following us to be honest. If not, Myungsoo might go too far against me.

 “We’re here” He kindly informs. I just give him a simple ‘hum’ as a response.

Youngjae turns off the engine then unbuckle his seatbelt and before he could help me, I quickly unbuckle mine. His lip tugs in a tiny smile immediately, finding it a bit amusing before shaking his head.

Before I know, he grabs my bag then slung them onto his shoulder while his, on the other shoulder. I’m about to protest but he instantly climbs off the car, didn’t give me a slight chance. I make a small sigh then slowly open the door beside me before stepping out from the car. I obediently  follow Youngjae from the back in silence.

Youngjae calmly opens the door then the view of inside his house immediately reveal in my eye.  He steps inside and I tailed behind him again until Youngmi pops out from no where in front of us, calling his brother name but stop right away when she saw me.

“Oh.. hey Kyungmi” She frowns, confusing with my sudden presence. She cutely blinks for a moment before open again.

“What are you-”

“Youngmi, help me bring her to my room, okay? She need a rest” Youngjae cuts her away instantly. He manages to give her ‘I will tell you later’ look when he saw her about to open again.

“Neh,oppa” She gives up eventually. I secretly hide my smile.

“ugh.. Before that kyungmi, can you hand me your phone?” Youngjae suddenly turns around which shocking me a bit.

“Huh? What do you want to do with my phone” I give him a confuse look. He sweetly smiles at my expression.

“I’ll call your mom, informing that you’re here” He calmly states.

“No, It’s fine, I can-”

“No, you just go up and rest. I will handle it all” He cuts me off, trying assure me. I look at him for a while before letting out a sigh of defeat. I slowly let out my phone from my pocket then give it to him. His lip forms a satisfactory smile while taking them away.

On the other hand, Youngmi just watch all the scene in front of her without saying anything. I nudge her arm which snap her up. She immediately grin to me before asking me to follow her upstairs.

“Kyungmi, what’s wrong? Are you okay?” she starts to ask again and I can sense her voice sounding a bit worry. My lip curls in a small smile instantly, feeling grateful.

“I’m fine, don’t worry okay? By the way, Is that fine I stay here for a while? I mean, it’s not take so-”

“it’s fine, kyungmi. I would not mind to. plus, no one living here but only me and my brother” She smile and by the look at her face, I can tell she already knows I’d changed the topic on purpose. But she just pretend to not know it. I press my lip together and didn’t say anything more.

Inside of my heart, starting to wonder where is their parent.

“Here we are” She informs, making me back to reality. I gaze at the yellow door in front of me before Youngmi opens them carefully. She impatiently shove me inside but not that hard. “I’ll leave you alone, because I want to go downstairs” she grins.

I nod then blink at the way she disappear right away. I just shake my head then turn around only to be greeted by the view of Youngjae’s room. They are way too neat and beautiful which making me stunned for a second. The space quite large when has been filled with the bedroom stuff. Bluntly, I didn’t expect that the boy room can be this neat and tidy. Maybe, because youngjae is the type who care about his surrounded.

My eyes wander around while my feet stroll to the bed and then carefully take a sit on the edge. There is the bathroom too that had connected to this room. But compare to Daehyun’s room with him, I think both of them are almost same.. calm and comfortable. For a moment, I forget about what had happened to me earlier.

Suddenly the door has been knocked twice from the other side before Youngmi’s head pops out through the door, grinning to me. I smile as watch her approaching me an instant with something in her hand.

“Kyungmi, here my clothes, you can borrow them.” She sets down the clothes over the bed before turning to me again “You can take a shower over there and hope those clothes will suit you well” she winks.

She pats my shoulder twice as mumbling excuse for leaving. She is about to walk out from the room but I quickly prevent her.

“Youngmi, wait!”

She turns around then raise her eyebrow to me. I bite my bottom lip in hesitation. “ugh.. can you sit here for a while” I pat the spot beside me.

She blinks for a second but nod eventually as she walks up to me again before setting herself down on the bed. Without waiting a minute, I open my mouth again.

“Youngmi, I’m not trying to be rude but why only both of you live here? Where is your parent?” I turn to face her entirely with a curious face. She smiles at my sudden question.

“Well, it’s not actually our plan” She states.

“Huh?” I frown a bit but then remain silent and wait for her to continue.

“This is our second house that my father builded​ after our main house. Before that, we did live with our parent in one house but then suddenly my father infromed us that he and my mom desired to build a house for our future.” She starts.

“For your guys.. future?” I confusedly ask.

“Yeah, you know how the parent will act when it comes about their children. They are way too forward about our future, even we never once thought about stuff like that yet” She rolls her eye for a moment before open again.

“I mean, they decided to build a house for neither me or my brother to live with our special one one day” she groans.

 “You mean, when you get married?” I question curiously and seem like I’m right when she responses with a quick nod. I almost choke on my saliva at the fact, didn’t expect that the situation like that would happened at some parents. Well, it quite rare to hear.

“Woah, That was-”

“Ridiculous. I know” She rolls her eye again. I wide my eyes instantly, it’s not what I mean.

“No, No, that was awesome yet slightly.. weird.” I bluntly say along with frown. She lets out a soft laugh.

“However, they sure love both of you guys” I add and she nods this time. Definitely agree.

“Yeah, they are” She smiles.

“To be honest, This house was completed earlier than we thought and there my brother out of blue, decided to live here and didn’t want to let this house abandon for a long time without occupants. He also said, he could take care of this house at the same time” she says with almost serious tone.

“And you follow his track.” I mention. She laughs immediately at my word.

“Yeah, Yeah.. You’re right. But apparently, living with my brother wasn’t fun as I thought. He’s boring person you know. I often leave him alone in this house and frequently visited my parent’s house instead.” She makes a face.

“Oh, I can see that” I chuckle.

“Of course!” She cocky admits.

“Be the way, why he lets me stay in his room? I think this is too much” My eyes quickly wander around, observing Youngjae’s large room. I guess this is the main bedroom.

“Well, we do have a guest room but it’s too small than ours. That’s why my brother asked me to bring you to his bedroom instead” She shrugs unsurely but then nod slightly.

“Kyungmi, I think I better leave you now, My brother will scold me if he found out I’m still here. Go take a shower then rest, Okay?” she suddenly excuses herself when she realized the time. I nod and watch her get up from the bed before walking out of the bedroom. I make a small sigh then get up eventually as I weakly stroll to the bathroom. I managed to grab the things Youngmi given to me a while ago.

“Err..” I’m standing awkwardly at the big mirror in front of me, observing my current appearance. Seriously, I look at myself again that wearing something unusual, a short and a tiny shirt with hello ketty in my chest. I groan, even this shirt a bit tiny but they are not that tight, however, I still not comfortable with this. Not in this house.

A knock on the door startled me as well as I turn around immediately.“Come in”

Youngjae carefully opens the door and for a second, he stunned as soon as he raised up his head to look at me. I start to feel uneasy and I noticed the tip of his ears begin to turn into red.

“Damn you, Youngmi!” He silently curses under his breath as he looks away for a moment. He clears his throat then face me again, setting his eye on my face.

“Ah, here your phone” He hands back my phone, I walk to him then slowly take them. I managed to mumble ‘thanks’ and he just nods.

“Anyway, I’m sorry, I shouldn’t asked Youngmi to lend her clothes to you in the first place” He rubs the back of his neck then give me a smile.

“Oh, it’s okay, I think I’m.. erm.. fine with it, I guess” I look down, scanning the clothes once again before looking up. I let out a awkward yet nervous laugh. Youngjae can’t help but laugh in amusing. I bring my head down in embarrassment.

“Are you alright now?” His tone suddenly changed. I bite down my bottom lip before nodding slowly. He nods too then smile again.

“Don’t think so much. You should sleep for a while. I’ll leave you by now. And let me know if you need something, ok?” He kindly pats my head. I just nod again, didn’t have a mood to say anything this time. He turns around and begins make himself out from the room. I’m about to close the door but suddenly I hear youngjae’s voice echoed around the hall, angrily calling for her sister by her full name.

I just shake my head, “Siblings problem”

I make a deep sigh before heading to the bed. I put down my phone on the bedside table then slid myself under the cover as I lay on the bed. I stare at the ceiling and the horrible scene earlier start to play over my head for a second time. Seriously, that is the most scariest things I’ve seen in Myungsoo. I quickly shake my head to throw it out then change my position, turning to the side.

My gaze go stare at the wardrobe that belong to Youngjae.

I can’t blame Myungsoo either, I know he just out of the control. He did this because he had been controlling by his own feeling. I’m also in same position as him but I still managed to control myself.

To be honest, If I ponder again,

Myungsoo is the brave one who shameless chase after me and letting himself did something he doesn’t want. I am a coward one to tell the truth about my feeling toward Daehyun and Daehyun is the worst one that rather shut his freaking mouth, completely confusing me. So, whose fault should I put a blame on?

Myungsoo, me or Daehyun?

Just thinking about those things making me headache immediately. I shut my eye close and try to sleep instead, maybe I can rid all my curiousness. But there still have the most thing I curious about than others. It about Youngjae’s statement in the car.

What did he mean by Myungsoo was not the one who stole my first kiss? Then, who? How did he know? And the worst is, how the hell I don’t even know about that at all?

....

I suddenly wake up after two hours of sleep. I blink a little to get a better vision as rub my eye softly. I lift up my upper body before scan around me. For a moment, I become lost, where I am now. but there I realized, I’m in youngjae’s house.

“Hey Kyungmi, you’re up already” I heard a voice as my gaze run instantly toward Youngmi that only poke her head through the door with a small smile. I groan then answering her eventually.

“Hmm” I give her a look of confusion at her presence. She grins timidly.

“I want to go to the convenience store, Do you want something?” she asks, raising her beautiful eyebrow.

“No,” I wave my hand to her, shaking my head.

“Okay!” She shouts then bang the door close back. I just shake my head at her childish side. This girl..

I rest my head again over the pillow and stay still without moving. After a few minutes, I get up from the bed then slowly stroll to the bathroom. I wash up my whole face to fresh me up a little before heading out again from the bathroom. I grab the towel then wipe my wet face and suddenly my eyes land to the tray of meal on the table. My lip form into a tiny smile. That’s must be Youngjae or Youngmi brought them up while I was sleeping earlier.

I ignore that since I don’t have any appetite at those moment. So, I just decide to go downstairs instead. I hang the towel on the chair before heading to the door. I wrap my palm around the knob and before I could twist them, my ears suddenly catch a heavy foot step outside as if they are heading to this bedroom.

For a moment, I froze myself as the familiar voice greets me this time. I know that voice. I know really well. My heart run faster right away.

“Wh-what is he doing here?” I mutter, finally bringing myself back to reality. I quickly let go the knob as my palm begin to break into a sweat all of sudden. I look down at the knob in front of me and notice someone is about to open them from the other side. Before I could run to hide myself, the door apparently burst open which make me have no choice but to hide behind the door instead as I press hard against the wall.

I can see the back of Daehyun’s figure in front of me. Deep inside of my heart, I keep on praying that, he won’t notice me. He is scanning around the room as if searching for something.

“Yah, Yoo Youngjae, I can’t find anything here!” I close my eyes when his voice rings around the air while the both of my palm press hardly onto my mouth, preventing me to let out any voice.

“Is he trying to pull a prank on me?”He mutters then turn around as I slid deep inside at the tiny space, hoping he won’t see me. I’ve trapped between the door and wall but I don’t care about it at all.

“Aish this guy! I will kill him.. Yah, Yoo youngjae!!” For a moment, he disappears as the door shut close immediately. I let out a huge breath that I’ve not realized That I’ve been held a while ago.

“Youngjae”I mumble in breathless “is he doing this on purpose?..  D-Don’t he know that I don’t want to see his friend at all?” I shut my eyes as lean my head against the wall behind me.

My heart still beating so hard and I can feel that clearly. I instantly run to the table then quickly pour the water into the glass before forcing swallow down through my dry throat. I finish the drink right away without left any single water. I pour again the water but now, I drink up them slowly as I feel my heart beating in normal again.

I make a sigh of relief and I can feel myself a bit calm than before. I walk to the window then stop in front of it. I stare outside as I squeeze down the glass in rage. Yes, I’m mad now.

Youngjae. He is the problem now.

“Kyungmi,..” I heard youngjae’s voice behind me, knowing that he just entering this room. The anger grow more inside of me, completely control me. I turn around an instant and begin to throw him a tantrum.

“Yah, Yoo Youngja-”

I stop and the sound of the glass crash down on the floor, fill up around the air. I found myself completely froze in my spot. The anger in me had gone somewhere and been replaced with the shocking one. My gaze go straight to his dark orbs and I found myself lost at the moment. He also showing the shock expression, probably didn’t expect me to be here.

But for a few minute his expression change again into a calm one, his gaze become soften but still unreadable.

“Kyungmi.. ”Youngjae’s voice successfully snap me up as I run my gaze to him immediately. But it just for a second, before I notice a million piece of glass dispersed under me. I wide my eyes instantly.

“Ah, I-I’m sorry, I-I will clear it up” I stammered hard as I quickly squat down in panic. I reach out my hand to pick up the piece but I found them shake up strongly. But I still continue to pick them, ignoring how crazy my hand shaking.

“Don’t!”

“Ouch” I hiss in pain when one of the piece accidentally cut my finger. Youngjae eyes grow big and the next thing, he run in my direction an instant as squat in front of me.

“I told you, let me see!” Youngjae yanks my hand all of sudden.

“I-It’s fine, Youngjae” I hardly say while trying pull back my hand but he grips too tight.

“No, isn’t!” He insists, then scan down at the cut in my finger.

“I said, I’m fine, Youngjae!” I raise my voice all of sudden as yank my hand away from his. seem like I’ve shocked him, when I notice his body tense up a little. I bite my lips after realizing the expression on Youngjae’s face, at the same time, I try to resist from looking at Daehyun’s way because I could feel how strong his stare on me right now. He still loyalty stand at the frame of the door.

I suddenly stand up as I lower my head down. “I need to go home” I inform in uneven voice, and before Youngjae can reply me, I immediately skip him then walk to the door. I try hard to not meet daehyun’s eye and stroll pass his shoulder but before I could proceed, his hand pull my wrist to stop.

“What are you doing?!” I wide my eyes as big as I can, surprising by his unexpected action. I look up and found him staring down at me with those almost sadness eye. I ignore it as try to release my wrist from his grip but it’s not work at all instead I yell in pain when he squeezes hard my wrist. Before I could scold him up, he turns around then drag me to the hall.

“No, let me go!” I struggle as he drags me downstairs. My other hand automatically hit his hand that grip my wrist, asking to let go. But he refuses it as he ignores me as well.

“Daehyun!” I yell, and at the same time I don’t give up on struggling too.

“Don’t be stubborn!” He finally shouts and before I know we are already reached the kitchen room.

“I’m no- Ouch” I whine when the cold water touches my finger all of sudden. I look down and found Daehyun has brought my hand to the sink and let the water running down through my cut finger. I'm about to jerk my hand away back but Daehyun quickly grips tight my hand to make them still in the position. I slightly let out a small whine in pain.

“I’m sorry..” Daehyun suddenly mutters, startling me off. For a moment, I froze in my spot, processing the word in my brain properly. There are a lot of questions running through my head.

Is that real? What did he mean? What is exactly his sorry for? Is he saying sorry for this or he's saying sorry for something else? I'm confused.

I slowly look up to face him but seem like he didn’t look at me instead at my fingers. He squeezes my hand once again before letting them go eventually. He closes the water then walk around the kitchen to find the first aid. He seems know this place well when he gets the box easily in the cabinet. I watch every his movement in expressionless face while standing there like a statue.

He turns to me and found I’m still being froze, didn’t move at all. He makes a small sigh, setting the box down to the counter then approaching me again. he is about to reach my hand but I quickly hide them behind my back. he seems surprised as his lip apart a little.

“Kyungmi..” He calls out as take one step forward to me but I back away immediately, looking away.

I-I hate this, he did it again. Why? Just why? I don't understand..

“I want Youngjae to do it” I firmly say when I sense he is about to approach me again. the space in my eye already filled with tears but I try to endure it.

“But-”

“Just leave her to me, Daehyun” Youngjae who has been watching the entire scene eventually interrupt us.

 

 

 


 

I'm starting to lost interest in writing, even I do have a lot of ideas. :3 I'm sorry guys, but I think this is the normal thing as an author sometime or I'm wrong? huhu