Chapter 12

Love Is Confusing Me

 

 

While eating the meal, only they are talking and I just keep silent in my seat. Sometimes I laugh at their nonsense talk but then I become silent again. Their sense of humour is hard to understand, that's why I chose to be quiet. I think I’ve eaten the food more than them either.

I just notice it actually I didn’t eat anything after school ended. That’s why I look hungry.

I've realized too Daehyun’s eyes keeps on glancing over me whenever his friends are busying talk to each other. But I just pretend like I didn’t notice it instead continue on chewing on my fried chicken instead.

I let out a heavy sigh. I really want to go home now but I can’t do so because I know my father still in my house.

One hour passed by. Time flies so fast. 

My eyes almost close due to my overload sleepy. I try my best not to sleep on the couch.

While, on the other hand.

Daehyun’s friends are watching an action movie on the big screen television, except for Daehyun. I don’t have an idea where is Daehyun, because he is nowhere to be found in this living room now.

However the loud noises that made by his friend at least make me still awake. Their mouths seem can't quiet either. Youngjae's laugh, the sound of the television.

Unfortunately, my eyes is too stubborn when they are getting heavy and heavy. Finally I fall asleep on the couch. Forgetting the noise around me for a while.

I slowly open my eyes when I feel someone shakes my shoulder. The vibration is getting strong and strong, I quickly rub my eyes then looking up five pairs of eyes are staring over me already.

All of them show their sweet smile to me. I blink for a moment.

“You look cute when you sleep. No wonder Daehyun chose you to be his girlfriend.” Himchan playfully says and patting the top of my head softly. I frown.

‘Daehyun? Girlfriend?’ I thought. Don’t get it.

They all laugh due to my clueness.

“It’s okay maybe you still sleepy. By the way.. Kyungmi-ah... Honestly, we already want to take our leave” Youngguk bluntly mutters with his deep voice but gentle at the same time.

“If you don’t mind. We can take you home since now is quite late for a girl like you and is not really safe for you either to go home alone. How is it?” Yongguk adds again, showing his full concerned like a big brother.

For a second, my eyes roam around me.

I just realized that I’m still in Daehyun's beautiful house.

Biting my lower lip, I stare into Yongguk's eyes, doubting with his kind offer then I run my eyes to look at Youngjae this time.

Slowly, he shows his smile then nod to me.

I'm about to answer it but Daehyun’s voice cuts me off.

“It’s okay Hyung. I will take her home.” Daehyun comes from nowhere, calmly states while his hands shove into the pocket pants.

"Oh, if you said so.. then, we'll let you take her home" Yongguk says then shrug. I stay in silence which the best way.

To be honest, I really wanted to scream refusing Daehyun to take me home but my mouth won't open now. I hate myself.

Youngjae pinches my left cheek which makes me instantly snap from my own thought.

"Well, have fun.. I mean be careful" Youngjae playfully give me a wink. What's wrong with him, lately?

I roll my eyes in annoying but only earning his amusing laugh. I admit it Youngjae now is starting to tease me for a fun. especially when it's relating with his friend, Daehyun.

I don't have any idea why he has to do that.

"Seems like both of you are getting close. Kyungmi-ah, Make sure you don't too close with Youngjae, cause someone will burst into jealousy soon." Yongguk mocking says as eyeing cold Jung Daehyun at the corner room, wanting to see the male reaction.

This time Daehyun rolls his eye, don't take that as a serious one. He clicks his tongue once.

"Are you guys done yet? If you've done, can you please get out.. Or want me to kick all of you one by one, your choice" Daehyun casually says as point to the door's direction behind him, already feel annoying by his ridiculous friends. 

"Oooo.. someone is impatient" Jongup exclaims then run toward the door immediately, afraid Daehyun will attack him, Zelo bids a goodbye as give me a quick hug then run after Jongup. 

"We're leaving now" Yongguk gives me a smile then pats Daehyun's shoulder once before strolling to the door along with Himchan. 

"See you tomorrow and thanks for buying us food" Youngjae rubs the top of my head softly

"One more thing, We're sorry because we really didn't know that you will come to Daehyun's house." He pauses. "I know, Daehyun must have asked you to buy more food because we were coming over his house all of sudden. We're sorry again for disturbing-" Youngjae explains but Daehyun quickly cuts him off.

"You're talking too much!" Daehyun instantly drags Youngjae to the doorway by pulling the back of his collar. Then he kicks Youngjae out and wave his hand toward his friends with an innocent face.

I quickly stand up, suddenly feeling uncomfortable being in this house alone with Daehyun. The air is like being stuck and hard for me to breath.

Daehyun shuts the door immediately upon seeing his friend's car disappeared from his sight. He makes a small sigh, turning his body then stop when he sees me. Our eyes meet for a while, then he quickly looks away.

I just watch his movement who is walking pass by me. Daehyun grabs his white cardigan on the chair then pounce the car key on the table. 

He calmly walks to the door back without even looking at me once. I don't see his smile now but a serious one.

"You don't want to go home?" His voice startled me a little. I look up immediately and saw him standing right in front of the door, waiting for me. 

"Ah, Ye.. yes" I say in stutter voice then jogging to his direction. Why him is being cold all of sudden?

 

......

 

The atmosphere in the car is really quiet, only our breaths could be heard because both of us just keep silent in our seat. Daehyun is calmly driving the car across the street at the thick night. 

I turn my head to look at him, he seems like in uneasy state as he stretches a little his neck. Does something bother his mind? 

I wonder, did L's words giving him some effect? I recall back this noon when L was attacking him.

Unknowingly, I snort in silence when I remember about the guy named myungsoo a.k.a  L.

Why did he suddenly appear ?

So many things happened in one day. I let out a heavy sigh then shut my eyes for a moment to calm myself.

After twenty minutes driving, finally we arrived right in front of my house. I quickly look out of the window car, warily, checking my house. Have my father already left?

I still don't move from the passenger seat at all instead my eye keeps on roaming around my house through the glass window. totally forgetting about Daehyun who is already looking at me strangely. 

"Why?" Daehyun bluntly asks with a curiosity.

"Ah, It's no-nothing." I mutter as turning at him again. Daehyun stares deeply into my gaze trying to find something but I quickly look away. My heart suddenly beats so fast.

"Oh, right.. I should go now.." I quickly mutter then about to open the door car but Daehyun cuts me off.

"KyungMi-ah"

He calls out my name which make me stop right away. he called me by my name again, I thought. 

"Yes" I reply with a low voice. Don't dare to make any eyes contact with him.

There's awkward silent about a few minutes.

The sudden silent totally kill me when I found out that I just keep on adjusting my position in my seat, feeling anxious.

What is he wanting to talk about?

"Who was that guy?" Daehyun boldly asks.

"Huh?" I'm speechless.

Guy? who was he mean? Kim Myungsoo ? L?!!

I don't say anything.

"Can I ask you something?" He asks another question when earning no answer from me. I just give him a quick nod.

There's silent again. I try to glance at him in the corner of my eyes.

He grips the steering wheel hardly, Seems like he is in dilemma whether to ask me or not. He takes some breaths as starting to speak up again.

"When the first time you meet me, what do think about me?" He confidently asks me as straightly look at me. I blink for a moment by his unexpected question.

I recall back when the first time I met him, Well, he was with the girl that time..

But why all of sudden he asks me? 

"You want me to be honest or lie?" I reply with a question back. He lets out a heavy sigh.

"H-honest" He stammers on replying me, unsure with himself again. I look up immediately.

This time I copy him, staring into his eyes trying to find something into his black eyes. I bite my lower lip.

'How I wish I could get the power of reading people mind.. No, it's not people mind but only Jung Daehyun's mind. I really want to know what is he thinking now.' I whisper in my heart.

"A-a playboy" I admit as instantly look down into my lap. feeling bad. I'm not supposed to say that to him.

"Do you believe it? " He asks again and for this question I really don't have any of an answer. I remain silent again as I stare over him. I'm about to open my mouth but,

"I think you should go inside now. It's already late." Suddenly he murmurs in a low voice and turning his head away to look in front of him. 

I let out a small sigh.

"Thank you for sending me home" I glance once at his blank face before opening the door, Slowly get out of his car. He reveals down the car window then softly look at me who is standing beside the car.

"Tomorrow, I will pick you up like alwaya, to go to school" Then he pauses for a second  "Good night.. KyungMi" He weakly mutters.

"Good night Daehyun.." I force a smile.

Then he drives his car away leaving me who is still standing there, watching his car slowly disappear from my sight. 

I don't move instead stares on the road blankly. Then, I weakly laugh.

'What are you thinking, Daehyun? Are you deliberately plan this? I'm confused, really confused'