Chapter 3

Love Is Confusing Me


 

After taking a bath, I stroll to my bedroom with the towel over my head. My thought about this evening keep playing in my mind. I'm wondering why he has to do so. well, it's so strange that the kingka who is really famous in my school were asking me to be his girlfriend. Even just a fake girlfriend, that's to ridiculous for me. 

I slam my body onto the bed and lay comfortably. I snort softly as I remember about the rules that Daehyun gave to me. 

"Aish, that jerk" I grit my teeth then grip my hand into a fist. For a moment, I mess my own hair in frustration.

Get stuck with him is really not my life. I don't care if he's good looking or what, and still I don't want to relate with him.

After a couple of times I'm cursing him, finally I fall asleep in my soft bed.

~~~

A vibrate of my phone is disturbing my sleep. I frown then quickly grab my phone on my table beside the bed with a small yawn. My eyes get blurred a little as I blink for a few times. With my tiny eyes, I check the caller's name and the next thing, I click my tongue when I notice who is waiting on the other line. I lazily press the button to answer then put my phone near my ear.

"Hey, girlfriend.. wake up~~" Daehyun singsong to me.

What the... but I do admit it he has such a sweet voice.

Wait, wasn't his phone broken yesterday? -Oh, maybe he already buy another One. 

Well, he is rich after all.

"Why?" I ask to him as rolling my body around.

"What why? Remember, we will go to the school together."

I don't response, instead closing my eyes, sleepy.

"Don't tell me you had forgetten about the rules. didn't you?" I open my eyes back then roll them. I never forget about that.

Actually I'm afraid. I'm afraid what is going to happen to me soon. how about the students in my school? what's the reaction they will give to me if they find out that I'm dating one of the guy they are dreaming about. I never thought I will date with anyone before. I'm totally not ready yet for that.

"Hello.. Park Kyungmi are you there?" Daehyun's voice makes me snap out from my thought right away.

Is it his voice normally loud like this?

I silently groan before replying just with a simple hum to him as my response. From here, I can catch the sound of he is making a sigh.

"Okay then.. I will arrive there about 30 minute.." he informs, sounding low in my ear, then hang up the phone without waiting for me to give an answer. I shrug as throwing my blanket away from my body before jumping off from my bed. I make my way to the bathroom.

Ok. Let's see. One of his rules is:

We must go to the school together!!

When I asked him why. He just said I'm his girlfriend..

 

~~~

I put on my shoes then bid a goodbye to my mom. I stroll to the main door then exit from my house. I can see Daehyun is waitting for me while leaning his body against my gate. The presence of him make me nervous all of sudden and I don't know why. I take some breathes before slowly walking toward him. Seems like he noticed me well who is walking over him now. I try to draw a smile on my lips when I see he is smiling too.

His expressionn look quite weird this morning, making me feel uncomfortable.

"Hi, girlfriend.. " He greets me nicely and of course I'm a bit shocked by his rare action.

Yesterday he was being a devil and now he becomes an angel. Wow, I'm confused.

"H-hi.." I stutter, Great! What's wrong with you kyungmi-ah? Maybe because of his lovely voice.

I end up lower my head down, staring on my shoes instead. Why am I suddenly blushing. Am I falling for him already. No.. I can't

One of the rules said:

We can't fall in love with each other!

I think, among of all his rules, I'm going to take that one really seriously. It makes sense to be called rule. 

"Stop calling me 'girlfriend'.." I mumble in a very low voice.

He frowns when he sees my mouth was moving but he can't hear any of my voice at all.

"Are you saying something, kyungmi?" He asks me. I let out a small sigh. seems like he didn't hear me. Awesome!

"It's nothing. let's go, We will be late soon." I walk p him which I left him behind me as well. he just shrugs then run after me to match my pace. he walks beside me. For a moment, we're walking in completely silent without letting out any of word. We both make our way to the bus stop. 

"Hey, Daehyun.." I called him abruptly to pull his attention. He glances at me and lift up his left eyebrow. I turn to him and our eyes meet each other.

"I'm scared" I eventually confess to him with my narrow eyes. Then I run my eyes away from his gaze, playing with my hands.

My silence a while ago is a battle of my mind and heart that keeps arguing about this stupid relationship that just happened now. 

"Why?" he asks curiously as his eyes still glued on me. His voice still remains soft and I think I like it. 

I let him wondering for a second then I don't know why, I feel like I just woke up from the reality and my face turn shape of pink a little because of embarrassed. I should not say that, I mean, Why I have to tell him about my worry because I swear he will never care about that. For what I have seen, he seems don't give a about other's feeling and look the way he forced me to be his fake girlfriend, It's just full of himself.

"Hm?" Daehyun asks again when I remain silent all of sudden.

I panic for a second but suddenly an idea pops out of my mind.

I know it might sound stupid..

"I was thinking, just in case if your crazy fans might kill me then throw me in the ravine!" I joke saying to him and secretly face palmed by myself.

I look stupid, right?

To be honest, I wanted to change the atmosphere around us while trying to . Well, it's not an easy to tease a popular guy in our school, right? This is my golden chance. I mentally laugh in my heart.

He gawks himself, trying to catch my words in his head.

"Yah! What was that for? Are you trying to fool me" He grits his teeth. I chuckle at him as I push him a little on his chest.

One second.. two seconds..

I found myself frozen by my spot, he is speechless.

What am I doing? did I just push him on the chest?

Now, Daehyun lips turns into a smirk. I swallow my saliva hard.

"Now, you're already showed me the side of you, Park Kyungmi" He proudly says as shoving both of his hands in the pockets.

I silently bite my inner mouth,

Luckily, the bus had come, and our conversation end just like that. I let out a quick sigh of a relief while trying not to look at him at the moment. 

We took the bus without a word.

Finally the both of us reached in front of our huge school.

However,

My body feels weird all of sudden as the fear start to creep within me. My hands starts to shake secretly which they break into sweat.

Seriously, now I'm really terrified.

I want so bad to tell Daehyun that I can't pretend to be his girlfriend. It's just sound bad and I really really want to stop all of this. This is just only beginning yet I already feel so scared now. I can say that this is just the horror for me and going to make my life change hundred percent. I'm pretty sure of it. 

I can't do this! I really can't. Once I step forward, I will never can go back again.

A minute ago, I was joking around and now I'm really afraid that his fans will bully me or do something which making me hurt whether my soul or my physical.

Taking a deep breath, I shut close my eyes tightly while trying hard to think positive when suddenly a warm palm comes into mine. I look down to my hand and found out our intertwined fingers and gasp. He tightly his grip against mine, knowing that he is trying to give me some strengths.

My chest seem like going to expose out to the fact that a guy is holding me for the first time before he starts to speak.

"Don't worry, I won't let my crazy fans lay their hands on you, because you're my girlfriend now, Park Kyungmi"