Chapter 9

Love Is Confusing Me

 

 

"Oh" It's all I managed to utter after him introducing himself, showing that I'm not interesting at all by this unexpected meeting. He nods his head then I see he makes an order for himself. Does he seriously want to sit here? I thought as I look around me. There, still many empty seats that available for him to sit to but why he rathers choose to sit here instead.

I quickly lift my cup of the coffee to take a sip again when I notice he keeps staring over me. What's wrong with this guy? 

Ignoring his attractive yet seductive stare, I turn my head to the side to look outside of the window again. I secretly let out a small sigh.

After a couple of times, his order has finally arrived, he manly takes a sip but his eyes still lock on me. I clear my throat once.

"Stop staring at me" I demand when I can't hold this anymore. His stare is killing me. I thought he would stop but instead he bursts into a laugh over my reaction. I roll my eyes at him.

"Cute!" He mutters after finishing his laugh. I blush when I heard his casually word. Someone never says that before especially a guy. I fake a cough for a few times, composed myself.

"Err.. Myungsoo, right?" I say then pause for a while to confirm it since I don't quite remember his name yet. Then he gives me a quick nods. 

"Look, Myungsoo-shi.. I don't want to be rude.. but what are you doing here?" finally I start a conversation with him after a long awkward moment. He doesn't answer me yet instead he takes a sip once again.

"What kind of the question you're asking me? of course I'm here to have a coffee" He calmy says to me then show me a smile. I make a sigh.. He surely didn't get it what actually I meant.

"I know that... I'm not stupid" I grit my teeth, annoying.

"I mean.. why are you sitting here when you know there's empty seat that you can sit instead." I explain to him, hoping he will understand. I try to be nice and put a fake smile.

"Oh.. I just don't want to drink alone." he simply states. After that, his phone start to ring up to show that someone is calling him now. He takes out his phone from his pocket then peek to look at the screen. I lean my back to the chair and just observing his movement in silent. He doesn't answer the phone instead he makes a snort then throwing his phone on the table. Just let them ringing without answer it.

"Plus.. I want to get to know you" he adds again when he notices I keep on staring over his ringing phone.

"Aren't you going to pick up the phone?" ignoring his cheesy words, I ask him a question, getting annoyed with the loud sound which made by his phone.

"Don't mind them.. It's not important though." He takes such a long time to answer my question. I just nod, don't really care about that. After a few minutes, his phone stop ringing. Myungsoo makes a small sigh of a relief.

Suddenly, a pretty girl appears from nowhere and standing right next to our table. Her face looks obviously red while staring madly at Myungsoo. Myungsoo doesn't realize yet because he is too busy with his lovely coffee. I want to tell him, but no words are coming out from my mouth.

"KIM.MYUNG.SOO!!" The girl finally screams his name, completely gets his attention. I blink for a moment when I heard her loud voice.

Seriously, this girl. Where is her manner as a girl? I look around me when I see some of the costumers are looking over us almost weirdly. 

"Ah, that's why you didn't answer my phone.! You're having fun with another girl behind me..? How dare you cheat on me.. you stupid bastard!" She shouts angrily to him as start to hit him. I just remain silent as enjoying the scene in front of me. Myungsoo suddenly stands up from his seat, his face looks calm. seems like he is getting used to this kind of the situation. I begin to feel uncomfortable with this situation to be honest, it reminds me when the first time I met with Jung Daehyun. 

"listen girl, who are you to say I'm cheating on you? I'm not your boyfriend." He exclaims then casually fix his shirt back. Didn't bother to think about this girl's feelings.

"I thought you loved me" The girl states in dissatisfied as her eye is straightly locking on him. A smirk appears across his lips in a mocking way.

"I never say that to you, never in my life when I was with a girl that I actually never serious." He sarcastically mentions to her. I gawk in shocked by his statement. So, he just sort of plays around with this girl? Now, I agree with this stranger girl. He's bastard.

"Why are you doing this to me?" Her voice start to calm. I know, it must hurt her a lot. Suddenly, I feel sad, why Daehyun asked me to be his girlfriend? What if I fall for him? Am I going to be hurt like this girl? That's what I'm afraid of. I'm afraid I'll fall for Daehyun then he'll break my heart like the way Myungsoo did to this girl. This scenario is starting to form in my mind.

The throw of water on Myungsoo's face make me snap from my deep thought. I quickly look up and found Myungsoo's face already wet because of it. I try not to laugh as I turn my head away. knowing that the girl just pouring the water on his face. Luckily, it just a water not his coffee. It's going to be such a mess. I totally can picture it well, kekeke.

"You will regret it" She says the last words then drag her feet out from the coffee shop. Myungsoo slowly wipes his face with his left palm.

"You can laugh, don't have to control it" he says under his breath. I burst into laugh immediately upon him saying that to me.

"You're lucky because she didn't slap you on your handsome face, Myungsoo-shi." I'm mocking said to him. My laugh slowly fade away then I look at Myungsoo who's busying wipe his face with napkin this time.

"At least, you call me handsome, I thought you didn't notice my handsomeness, By the way, Just call me L." He states all of sudden. I furrow my eyebrow and at last I end up rolling my eyes. 

"What.Ever.. Mr. Playboy" I casually say then start to get up from my seat. I don't want to be here for a long time with this guy after knowing his true side. I couldn't believe I meet someone that's same type like Daehyun, playboy and... Good looking (?)

I left a few pieces of money on the table then walk away leaving Myungsoo alone on his spot, without turning my head behind to look at him. I smile to myself, hoping I'll never meet this guy again.

 

~~~

 

I thought I was free but actually not. I turn my head to the side and found out Myungsoo is walking beside me while his hand shoving in his pockets.

The hell, he follows me!!

I make a heavy sigh as we walk passing some of the shops. Totally ignore the person beside me.

"What do you want, actually?" I say coldly to him, totally give up to escape from him.

"I want you, Beautiful" He calmly says to me. I make a face at his word. I'm not that beautiful because obviously. He is lying.

"So, you use those words to get a girl?" I sarcastically ask him. He didn't answer me but just keep silent.

"For your information, It's not working on me at all" I bluntly tell him. He turns to look at my face then smile sweetly at me. 

"I know.. That's why I'm interesting in you" he states as a smile never left his lips. I roll my eyes at his sweet talked again.

"What a romantic guy, Myungsoo-shi." I state as avoids his stare, trying not to make eyes contact with him.

"I've told you to call me L" He reminds me once again but I ignore his word because something is catching my attention now. I saw someone that very familiar to me. I narrow my eyes to get a better sight to look at the person. For a moment, my eyes enlarge by itself. I quickly drag Myungsoo.. Oh I mean L's wrist then lead him along with me, hiding behind the wall immediately. I peek my head through the wall to look at the two people through the shop's glass in front of us.

Seeing the girl holding his arm make me feel uneasy. Besides, the guy doesn't seem bothered by her touch. I take some breath. what's wrong with me? 

L taps my shoulder twice, which make me back to reality and realized actually I'm not alone. I look behind me.

"What are we doing here anyway?" He innocently asks. I feel like wanting to laugh when I see his face.

"Shhh... Don't talk. They will see us" I whisper to him then turn back my head in front. L frowns by my sudden action. He looks at me in confusion then he follows my gaze.

"Who are they?" L curiously asks, looking at my face again but I didn't look at him because I'm too busy looking at the pair of the couple who is walking around inside the shop. I think Daehyun with the girl named YoungMi that Youngjae have told me earlier in the school.

"My boyfriend" I states but quickly cover my mouth with my own palm after realizing what just I've said. He seems shocked when I mentioned about that.

"What? You have a boyfriend? Why you didn't tell me?" L suddenly change his facial expression, almost in anger. I frown at him.

"Why should I? we just met a few minutes ago.. Don't you remember?" I remind him as I raise my voice a little. Who is he to get angry? It's not like, when I just know someone I have to tell them everything about me. L makes a sigh after hearing my words. He frustrated runs his finger through his hair. I don't know why he seems like this.

"Then, What are you waiting for? your boyfriend is cheating on you now. He is hanging up with the other girl not you.. aren't you going to face him or mad at him?" L straightly scolds me. I didn't answer him. I tightly shut my mouth . I don't know What should I say. As you know, Daehyun actually is not my real boyfriend and of course I'm not going to tell L about it. This is our secret. It's enough only Youngjae knows about this.

I just lower my head, staring at the hard floor. Then, I lift my head when L's palm landing on the top of my head. He gives me a meaningful smile. I start to feel like something bad is going to happen soon. He pats once my head then walks out of our hiding place. I weakly look at him walking away. Wait.. but where is he going? I start to get panic when I see L is walking toward the shop where Daehyun at. Seems like he wants to enter the shop.

"Yah, yah where are you going?" I nervously shout as run to catch his fast step. He turns around for a moment, loosing more his tie uniform.

"Seem like you didn't dare to make a move. so, I'll help you" He causally states then continue his walk. I dumbfounded in my spot. I mentally cry in my heart, didn't believe what just I heard.

"Don't do something stupid, Kim Myungsoo!!" I shout in frustration when I noticed  he already getting into the shop. I'm late. Great! I have no choice but to get in along with him.

When I get into the shop. my jaw drops immediately when I see L already drags Daehyun by the collar of his shirt.