Chapter 46

Love Is Confusing Me

 

 


 

“Fine” Daehyun’s face suddenly tenses up as he backs away a little from me. My gaze lands to him again, and noticing how his stare turns into almost as usual. He seems like he just finds himself back and I start to feel regret because the part of me saying, I might find out the answer behind him. The truth about his feelings.

But at the same time, I hate him for doing this all of sudden. For being concerned after making me suffering for ingoring me. It’s just, That’s sound no right. What has come through his head to be honest? What is wrong with him right now?

He gives me one last look before turning around. He saunters around the counter before walking pass through Youngjae’s shoulder. Youngjae’s eyes silently following his figure in uneasy.

“Daehyun!” but, there is no response instead, he pretends like to not hear it. For a moment, the sound of closing door could be heard around the air. Knowing that he just leaves the place. Youngjae secretly clenches his fist at how stubborn his friend is. He turns his head in front again and then take a deep breath when he sees me still standing in the same spot.

He runs his fingers through his black hair in frustration before approaching me.

My heart feels crumpled this time and it hurts like hell. The way he walked away like nothing happened making me feel so sick. I want him to offend and has a slight guilt washes over him but apparently, nope of them was written over his face, instead he puts his ego first as he’s being merciless by just showing his emotionless face.

I grit my teeth hardly as I force my tears to not flowing easily. But not to long, I feel youngjae gently wraps his palm around my wrist then carefully drag me to the counter. I didn’t bouncy even once since I’m still in the horrible mood and my energy to do anything gone right away as if Daehyun had brought it out along with him together.

Youngjae pushes my body down at one of the chair then move to take a seat beside me afterward. I don’t look at him at all instead I throw my gaze at my cut finger in silence. Bluntly, the pain in my finger don’t give me any pain. It’s just nothing than the pain in my heart.

“How come he can be here?” I ask coldly and at the same time, I break the ice between us. Youngjae don’t answer me instead he takes the cotton then put an ointment on it. After done, he reaches out his hand to pull my hand but I quickly hide them, still waiting for his response while staring deep in his face.

Youngjae stops his movement then secretly make a small sigh. he finally raises up his head to face me.”Kyungmi.. please”

“No, answer me!” I give him a hard look as I show him how serious I am right now. He lets out another sigh again at my stubbornness

“I’m sorry..” That's all he can mutter right now while lowering his head down. I feel my heart clenched in pain at his simple apology. That’s actually the same words his friend just said. I’m beginning to hate those words from now on.

“What is the matter with the sorry, Youngjae? I’ve heard the word of sorry just few minutes ago which making me confused completely and now you’re saying sorry too?! Why can you guys just telling me in an actual word?!” I spit out in frustration while slamming my palm once against the counter in front of me.

Youngjae seems a bit stumble and don’t know how to react at my sudden burst out.

“I-I didn’t know he would come to my house today, that’s just no in the plan at all. No, I never plan anything, trust me, kyungmi. It just happened” Youngjae tries to convince me as his face looks really determination with slightly guilt.

“If that so, then why did you let him know my presence here? You are not planning that too, didn’t you?” I eventually lower my voice again when I found myself a bit calm and soften after hearing his reasonable explanation.

He presses his lips together and reading to his expression, seem like I’m right. For the certain time, he mumbles those words again “I’m sorry..”

I remain quiet in my spot while frozen myself. Youngjae ends up look up at me when he noticed no response come out from me. He bites his bottom lip in anxious and carefully reaches his hand out again to me.

“Let me..” He wraps his fingers around my wrist then stop for a while as he waits for my reaction. But, I give him nope which assured him that I’ve given in already. Slowly, he pulls my hand to his way then gently apply the ointment against my cut.

I whine a little as my body tense up a little, suddenly the thought about the earlier scene happens to appear again in my head.  The way Daehyun dragged me downstairs with different side of him, hurting me a little bit. The way he squeezed my hand, didn’t seem like he wants to hurt me or anything but there is something else. Bluntly, Despite his expression was not showing much he care but I know he is actually does. Right now, I really don’t know what should I do?

There's only one question totally get stuck in my head.

How far the story of my love is going to be?

Slowly, I feel the warm tears fill in the space of my eyes and when I lower my head, automatically they are falling down to the surface of the flat counter.  For a moment, I end up sob again. I know, I can’t possibly endure the tears for a long time. No, Not for this time.

“D-Does it really hurt?” Youngjae begins to panic, when he suddenly heard the sound of sniff and totally distracted him from treating my cut. He stops immediately, glancing up to me in worried. I take this opportunity to pull back my hand from his grip then slam my head down on the counter as I sob in my arms.

“Why he’s doing this again? Why did he suddenly care about me?” I mumble quietly, and Youngjae speechless for a second. He eyes gradually narrow, knowing that I'm just talking about his friend. He remains silent in his spot afterward.

“Can I say something funny?” I lift up my head then gaze softly to him. Youngjae returns my gaze and hesitate whether to give me a response or not. I straighten my body then flush him a thin smile. He begins to feel worried and the smile I show to him definitely feel no right.

“I’m still madly in love with your friend. funny, right?”

Silent. No response from the male.

“And the most funniest ever, he don’t even love me but he acts like he does” I let out a small laugh, throwing the gaze at the huge fridge through Youngjae’s shoulder.

“Kyungmi..”

 “I hate myself for still loving him!” I firmly state, cutting him off.

“Why doesn’t he just come to me and state he hates me? Why? Why he doesn’t want to do that?” I pause, As I give a space to me to catch my breath. “At.. at least I can use that for me to move on. At least I have the actual reason to hate him either” I spit out again. Youngjae calmly watches me and his eyes obviously covers with painful.

“But he just left me in confused and hurtful here” My voice goes down immediately as my throat start to go dry. I choke on my sob while bringing up my palm to my chest. I lower my head deep, almost breaking down.

“Kyungmi, Please don’t be like this..”

“No, Youngjae, you don’t understand because you’re not in my position right now” I snap instantly then rose up my head to face him. The tension starts to shoot over him as his face slowly tense up. Through his facial expression, I can feel he is offended by my word.

“You’re wrong, I do understand you.. more than you expecting” Youngjae suddenly retorts, sounding a bit different in his voice for the first time. I furrow my eyebrow in curiosity as he looks away instantly “I think you more worse than Daehyun” He seriously mutters.

I shoot up as my eyes wide enough to how his words unexpectedly come out from his mouth. It seems like his words are not joking at all instead he shows his innocent face. My hand auctomatically pulls his cheek to face me.

 “What do you mean? Did you just entirely put blame on me, Youngjae?” I question him in an uneven voice as I see the desperation in his eyes.

“I didn’t mean to snap you like that.. it just-“

“Just what?!” I nearly shout at him, letting my hand slips off his cheek afterward. I take some breaths to calm my body and mind a little while my hand holding my head that I feel pain all of a sudden.

“Kyungmi.. I lo-“

“Youngjae, I thought you are the one who would comfort me like always but apparently you‘re blaming me instead. I don’t want to say this but, I’m a bit upset with you” I tilt my head to him, narrowing my eyes in sadness. His lips apart a little upon his word was cut by me before pressing back them together.

“I understand” Youngjae suddenly mutters as his hand starts working to pack back the medication items inside the box, averting his gaze away. I speechless for a while over his briefly words.

After done, he pushes the box aside before tapping the top of the box hardly to gain my attention.

“But kyungmi, that’s not really what I meant and I know , you really don’t have any idea what was I going to say to you a while ago” He states and tilt his head to me, his tense eyes shoot right on mine which make my stomach seared in fear. He waits for a moment to study my eyes before running them away. He stands up immediately.

“W-Where are you going?” I bravely ask when I notics he is about to arrange the first step. He stops in his track.

“I think it will be better for you to rest and calm yourself” He bitterly declare, don’t even bother to look at me nor turn around.

“But-”

“I will ask Youngmi to check on you right after she comes back” He cuts me off instantly, secretly letting out a small sigh. He begins to make his way out from the kitchen room as my eyes silently follow his figure. My shoulders slowly slumps over when his shadow disappeared behind the wall. I lower my head and the part of me gradually to feel guilty.

 

No one P.O.V

Youngjae weary shuts the main door then walk forward before setting himself down at the small stairs in front of his doorway. The late evening wind quickly runs through his body, bringing him up to some of peaceful mood. He takes a deep breath before exhaling them with a heavy heart. He rests his arms onto either side of his knees while his eyes staring blankly at his gate.

For a moment, he brings up his right hand then press on his temple hardly to soothe his mind that messy all of sudden. Then, he looks up afterward.

“What you’ve done, Youngjae?” He grumbles under his breath in frustration. The tension begin to gather around him gradually as he bites his inner cheek fidgety.

“I almost spit it out” He helplessly rubs his face once to how careless he was when he almost burst his secret in front of Kyungmi. The secret that he had been keeping them for a long time. The secret that had changed his life completely. But today, he nearly couldn’t control it. It just, he bluntly can’t stand anymore but luckily he managed to bring himself back before he ruined everything.

The reality suddenly hit him as he quickly stretches his left leg out to make him easily let out his phone from his pocket jean. He impatiently dials the familiar number before placing them near his ear.

“Daehyun, Let’s talk” He demands in monotone voice right after the person of the other line pick up his phone. Youngjae waits for a moment for his response before opening his mouth again. “Where are you now? I’ll go to you”

“Okay” he ends the phone then shoving back into his pocket. He anticipatedly know that his friend must be in the park because that is exactly his regular place for him.

“Let’s fix this, Youngjae” he tells to himself before his lips tugs in a small smirk. He pushes himself up away from the stairs before skipping them to the gate. Suddenly, he feels impatient to meet his friend.

....

Daehyun stares intently at the artificial lake in front of him while waiting for youngjae to come over. For a moment, he runs his fingers through his hair in restless. He thinks, he just make a mistake to allow youngjae to meet him right now because his mood still in unstable yet at this moment. To be honest, many thought running over his head that make him almost go crazy right away.

His eyes stay in one spot before his ears catch the sound of foot step behind him, knowing that Youngjae already arrived there. He lazily turns around and before he could be able to utter anything, suddenly a strong fist lands on his right cheek which make him collapse down on the ground. He groans under his breath before angrily look up.

“What th-”

“This is what I wanted to do a long time ago” Youngjae confesses casually in breathless after using all of his energy to punch his friend’s face. The rage feeling slowly decreasing inside of Daehyun when his saw youngjae’s eyes a bit different than unusual.

“Why?” He tries to swallow down his anger while speaking in emotionless.

“You asked me why? Listen, Jung Daehyun. Please stop this bull” He bursts out in frustration while running his fingers through his dark hair. He just can’t believe his friend could be this stupid. Like, seriously. Extremely stupid.

“What are you talking about?” Daehyun frowns this time which definitely make Youngjae almost throws his fist for twice on his handsome face. Youngjae stays silent for a second while studying his friend who is still staring up to him, waiting for his reply. He makes a small sigh before opening his mouth again.

“Kyungmi, I’m talking about Kyungmi” Youngjae eventually admits, completely giving up.

“You know, I’m already tired with both of your guys problem, why don’t you just telling her your true feeling?” He starts, confusing the male again.

“True.. feeling?” He asks in puzzle voice then slowly shift his gaze to look in front of him.

“Yeah, you love her and you know it” Youngjae confidently states, narrow his eyes down at the male and trying to test him at the same time. Daehyun his lower lip silently then meet his friend’s gaze again.

“What make you really sure I love her? It could be I just look her as my sister” He says, looking completely calm as ever. Youngjae quickly clicks his tongue once then scoff.

“Don’t lie, Daehyun. If you think she as your sister. You won’t even dare to kiss her that day” Youngjae sarcastically remarks along with a smirk. He can sense that he will win against his friend this time when he notice his facial expression tense up a bit.

Daehyun secretly clenches his fist over the grass under him, throwing his gaze away.

There is no suspicious anymore for him  because the true is Youngjae really did see him kissing her in the living room that night. At first, he doubted a bit about that and always deny it to himself that youngjae didn’t see it, even the part of him saying that was too obvious he could possibly saw it. Now, Daehyun already discovered about that.

He can’t help but swallow down the fact with a force and he knows Youngjae even dare using that to make him can’t defend himself at all at this moment. He completely lost against him.

“You’re lucky one Daehyun, because she actually loves you.” Youngjae’s voice gains his attention back before he looks up again then notice Youngjae's smirk no longer on his face.

“Her love for you is so strong until.. until She never once noticed me.. not at all” This time, youngjae averts his gaze away from his friend.

Daehyun gasps secretly before muttering “Don’t tell me..”

“Yes, I like her too. No, I love her. I love her even since she didn’t realize her feeling yet for you” Youngjae breathes out as he feels his heart as if bleeding slowly which make him suffocating for a moment. He really don’t want to mention about his true feeling because he perfectly knows that there is no use for him either. The most important is he never have a slight chance in this battle and he knows it well.

“But, unfortunately she only see me when she wants to talk about you. You know, Daehyun here, Daehyun there and now, I’m starting to get sick of it” He bluntly spits out, letting out a huge sigh afterward, then for a moment he laughs before glancing down again to his friend. Youngjae hides his smile when he sees his friend's stare on him almost dangerously.

“Why? are you feel threaten because I like her, Daehyun?” Youngjae playfully raises his eyebrow, teasing him a bit.

“Don’t worry, I still have the limit and I won’t ever destroy my own friend” He honestly states and it really comes from his heart. He never ever does that just because of the small thing. He doesn’t want their friendship ruining just like that after almost entire his age he spent his life with Daehyun.

Daehyun remains silent in his spot, don’t ever response but his stare still on Youngjae. Youngjae casually reaches out his hand to help him stand but Daehyun instantly slaps it off, signaling that he really doesn’t need it but Youngjae found it that quite funny as he laughs again in order to annoy his friend more.

At last, Youngjae pulls back his hand then shrug. “Stubborn boy” he mutters speculatively. Daehyun ignores his unimportant comment. Youngjae can’t help but smile again before shaking his head.                 

“But if you don’t even make a move as a man then don’t blame me, if neither me or Myungsoo steal her from you.” Youngjae suddenly says, almost sounds like warning to his ears. Daehyun lowers a little his head then look forward in unreadable face and for a moment, he suddenly feels Youngjae’s palm softly placed on his shoulder.

“You better hurry, because Myungsoo seems really desperate to make her his” He seriously states, Just remember what had happened to kyungmi today. Then he chuckles a little. Daehyun only be able hiss under his breath, knowing that his friend only to irritate him like always.

Patting twice his shoulder, “I’m leaving” Youngjae softly mutters then turn around before making his way to his house way, leaving his friend behind.

Youngjae slowly wipes off his smile right after the distance between him and Daehyun increased “I envy you, Daehyun” He secretly whispers.

Daehyun silently watches his friend’s figure gradually farther away from him until they disappear from his sight. He stays still in his position, completely ignoring some people who are observing him weirdly. He pokes his tongue once to his inner cheek before silently whine in pain.

“Damn you, Youngjae!” He instantly curses under his breath then wipping his lip with his thumb. He makes a small sigh and, instead of standing up he casually lay down on the green grass. His eyes automatically stare up into the sky that almost turn into dark as the wind brushing tenderly on his figure. The environment in this park don’t disappointed him as usual and that’s why he always stuck in here, to calm himself down.

The thought of Youngjae's confession immediately comes into his mind. Youngjae confessed that he likes her and to be honest, he is a bit shocked at that fact.

“Park Kyungmi.. I don’t know you have such a power that be able to make two men driving crazy over you..”He murmurs while placing both of his hands under his head then shut his eyes in case to enjoy the wind. He suddenly take a deep breath

“..Including me” He adds, slowly opening his eyes back.

 

 


 

Hi,

Oh by the way, who say I wanted to stop writing, huh? Lol, I didn't even mention about that, I only said, I lost interest to write and it's don't mean I'll stop writing ... hehe so, don't worry about that, ok? :)

And to ttbh_teressa (if you read this)

How do you know? Aish, you've ruined my mood you know! hehe Just kidding. Yes, He did kiss her in her sleep and Youngjae saw it without him noticing.. (check back on the chapter 25)

 

  

 


HAPPY BIRTHDAY YONGGUK ><