Chapter 36

Love Is Confusing Me

 

I weary get into my house as I kick my shoes away, I don't know how long I've been spent in the Park earlier until I'm not realizing that the time already turn into late evening. the night is going to take over soon really quick. I toss my bag onto the couch as I throw myself along, sighing. Since my mom still in her working place at this time, I just assume she will be home after a few hours later at night.

With school uniform still on my body, I didn't even bother to change into something comfortable or what instead I stay on the couch quietly, staring at the thing in front of me. The dead television has attractive me as well but soon I snap again from my deep thought. I let out a heavy sigh , shutting my eyes for a few moment before getting up from the couch eventually.

"Such waste a time, thinking about him" I mumble under my breath as I slowly climb the stairs one by one. 

Althought I said such a thing but believe me, he is the most thing I'm going to think over, over and over again all the time. I'm starting to hate about that. The part of me saying that something must go wrong with Daehyun but the other part of me saying that it must be my fate and I have to accept it no matter what. I'm not sure either with my conscience.

I reach my bedroom as soon as I arrived at the second floor. I enter my own room then without wait any minute, I grab the towel and make my way to the bathroom that connected with my room. I want to relax myself as wash everything that stuck into my brain since yesterday. Maybe a warm, long shower could make me feel better at least a little, I suppose.

After a half of hour, finally I pop out myself right after taking such a long shower a while ago. I could finally find myself smiling a little as I wipe my wet hair with the dry towel while another towel wrap protectly around my tiny body. I take my pyjamas and put them on when I ensure my hair completely dry from the water. I quickly throw myself onto my soft bed as I stretch out my hand around the surface bed when suddenly my hand touch something soft above my head. 

I spin around instantly as I lie on my stomach only to spot the very familiar teddy bear that make my mood go down again. Yes, Daehyun's teddy bear that I've been kept until now. a loud grunt escapes my lip, annoying just seen at the thing. I'm not going to let the thing accompany me again tonight.

Immediately, I get up from the bed and with rough I grab the teddy bear in my hand as I lazily approaching my closet. I violently open the closet before throwing them inside it. I let out a breath of relief when the teddy bear perfectly land inside them along with my clothes. however, I didn't close back instead stare at it for a moment, biting my lower lip.

According to my heart, I hardly want to just go to his house right now then throw the stuff through the gate of his house. I would like to do so but does it sound a bit impudent to me.

"You will see the owner of you very soon" I slam the door of the closet as soon as I said those words. 

Yeah, as I promise to him, I will return back to him right after our fake relation end. I always keep my word. 

....

The next day, I go to the school with different atmosphere as I ride the bus all the way to my school. Though, it's a bit awkward at first but I'm sure I will handle it sooner or later. The school went really well as I expected it and for my sake I didn't even meet or bump into Daehyun as soon as I'm in the school. that's such a relief because I'm starting to think what if I accidentally meet him or walk pass him when we are in the hallway. What kind of reaction should I give and is he really will pretend like he doesn't know me at all? like a stranger?

I have no clue

The period time starts to end as the recess time begins to come. As soon as the teacher dismissed the class, the atmosphere has gradually become noise by the students which make the teacher only able shake her head at her students behave. On the other hand, I begin to tidy up my desk before getting up from my seat. I have a tiny conversation with Eung jong for a few minutes before make my way out from the class.

I'm not planning to eat lunch or go to the canteen so I stroll to the library, intending to finish my homework instead and at the same time I can kill my time by making myself as busy as I can.

For some point, I really hope I will have a female friend who I'd trust on but sadly I don't have one. I don't even have a best friend or close friend either. how sad my life is. only if I have one, I can possibly share my problem with her and she will be the one who comforts me right here, giving some strength, well who know can make me feel better at this kind of state, I suppose.

I didn't take long in the library when I realise my homework already been finished only thirty minutes. I make a light sigh then quietly make myself out from the place. I can tell that my face obviously show a dreary face as the smile didn't display across my lip at all. 

Seem like I need a few book more at the next lesson, so I decide to stop by in the locker place first before heading to the classroom. The locker place is not quite far from the library place, so I just have to take a few minutes to arrive there through the other blocks. At the moment, I hold my books tight in my chest as I stroll to the destination with the empty thought in my brain.

When I'm about to walk pass the small garden, I heard a familiar voice greet my eardrum. it's not that loud but it vague for me to fastly recognize the voice well. My feet automatic stop on my track by itself. Unknowingly, I nervously bite down my lip.

“No way..” I breathe out as I saw two figure stand not really far from when I’m standing now. I nearly gasp out loud, didn’t even believe my sight right now. I hardly attempt to make myself small enough, hoping that they didn’t have an intention to notice my presence at this moment. I carefully take a step forward to their direction, enough for me to hear every single word that will out from their mouth.

For some point why I eavesdrop their conversation is because they has some relate to me. They are people who walked into my life the past few months ago and there is no way for me to just walk away, acting like nothing is happening. It’s surprising me either because these people I perfectly know that they never get along since I met them. It’s kinda strange and I’m starting to have a bad conscience about this.

“What do you want to talk? I don’t have time now” Daehyun uninterestingly start as he stands calmly on his spot with both of his hands shove in his pocket. He eye the boy in front of him, observing him in silence.

“Well..” Myungsoo starts, his lip slightly form into a smirk.

“I just want to make sure you are really did let her go or are you planning something else?” Myungsoo lifts up his eyebrow to him, giving him a judgement look. Daehyun scoffs under his breath, didn’t believe what just he heard.

“What are you expecting me to plan? you’re already getting what you want so, why are you laborious to worry about what am I going to do? Just go on with your plan to get her love. You should worry about how she’s going to accept you not about what am I going to plan because I’m not planning anything” Daehyun said with no tone on his voice before turning around .

“There is nothing for you to worry about. You are lucky enough I’m not the person as you think” He manages to mutter and take a step forward.

On the other hand, I hug my book hardly in my chest as Daehyun’s voice ring in my ear earlier. I quietly scratch the book with my nails as I feel my heart flutter all of sudden.

“W-what are they talking about? They are not talking about me, right?” I whisper alone as I press my back against the flat wall behind me. I didn’t bother to move until I hear another voice again but this time Myungsoo’s voice.

“I couldn’t believe my conscience exactly it was true. You never date her for real and you guys acting like one. Seriously, do you think the relationship is something to you to play on?”

Myungsoo’s word completely make Daehyun frozen on his spot but he didn’t bother to face him at the moment. His face obviously show an unreadable face as only calm face show up.

“From the beginning I was starting to suspicious about your relationship with her. For the first time we met, I knew something must be up with your guys relationship and it turns out I was right. you guys just pretending like you guys are couple and fooling people around you. you know what? That's why I still chase after her until now even I knew she have you by her side. I still didn’t get my answer until yesterday you reveal them by yourself.” Myungsoo voiced up, successfully grab his attention.

“You such a great person, Jung Daehyun” He mocking says as click his tongue once, annoying. There is silence around them until Daehyun open his mouth eventually.

“You have already discovered the answer so, I’m happy for that” Daehyun casually state, as If nothing is serious to him. his word simpily makes Myungsoo clench his fist secretly.

“I don’t have any idea what is truly your point exactly,  Daehyun? I only asked you to admit your love in font of your girlfriend because I want to watch it with my own eyes but what are you doing instead? You intentionally end your fake relation and you particularly know I was watching you yesterday. You totally out of our plan, Daehyun” Myungsoo silently grit his teeth. He’s waiting for the boy to say something.

“..and don’t forget, Myungsoo. I don’t know your point either. What is your reason asking her for a date all of sudden?” Daehyun’s word completely shut him up. he eventually turn around again, facing the boy that talking non-stop from the beginning. At the moment, Daehyun raise his eyebrow at him. his lip almost curls into smirk.

Earning nothing yet come from the boy’s mouth, Daehyun end up shrug off as he just gives him a boring look. His face didn’t show he was too desperate either to find out about the answer as he turns around and ready to walk away but Myungsoo prevent him again by shouting the unexpected word.

“You love her”

“You love her, right?” Myungsoo bursts out again. His face slightly red, attempting control his anger. He slowly starts to get frustrated when Daehyun only stay silent on his spot.

“You actually love Park Kyung-”

“That’s not your business” He casually cut off his word, didn’t even let my name out from Myungsoo’s mouth. I lower my head down.  Honestly, Deep inside of my heart I really want to know what he feels about me. did he even have a feeling of love to me? I hardly want to know that. About his true feeling.

I let out a heavy sigh as I look up for a moment and at the same time I’m not really paying attention at their conversation after that as I space out for a while. However, there is kind of statement that make me almost immediate drop my book to the ground. Even I missed for a second what are they talking about earlier but his last word at the moment completely get my attention.

“Are you really want to know. Listen carefully, I just assume her as my sister so, there is no love between us” he bluntly says, his face is serious as well.  Suddenly, something hit him.

“Love?” daehyun whispers the word silently, rather to himself. Then, He looks up as shot him a glance right into his eyes.

“Why must you ask me something I’m confused? I never know about love! Then, how am I suppose to know I love her or not when I know nothing about love. All I know I just saw her as my sister. so, don’t make things more complicated, I have enough of it. ” Daehyun spits out before make his way out from the place, leaving the speechless boy on his spot. He didn’t even give him a change to speak anything as he walks away leaving the place.

Upon Noticing his figure slowly disappear, I weary push myself away from the wall to walk to the locker room.

Finally, After feel like forever, I arrived at the locker place and I’m not expecting that there would be another person right now but I just ignore her presence as she probably wants to get her stuff too. It’s not like this place only mine.

‘his answer is clear. I just nothing for him’

Sighing, I carefully open my locker then take the book that I need for the next class. At the moment, I feel some glance toward me as I instantly peek beside me and my conscience is right when I realize Youngmi keep looking at my way. I can’t figure out what is her intention now. is she want to mess up with me again? I already hurt enough by her word before and I don’t think I will be able to hear her insult me again. At least not today. There a lot things make me hurt already compared to yesterday and today.

Yeah, a lot, mostly my emotions.

Or maybe she senses something from me? I totally forget something. She likes Daehyun. Maybe the look she gives to me is because she wants to know development about our relationship. Well, seem like she appear to the right time.

“Kyungmi-”

I slam the door of the locker, cutting her off as well. She seems hesitate a bit with my sudden action. I didn’t mean to scare her or what but I’m too surprised she bravely open and now I ready to stand for myself only if she want to argue with me again. but at the moment, I didn’t have any mood to talk to her so let just her know about the main point she talks to me.

“Daehyun have already broken up with me, you must be happy, right?” I suddenly announce, walk pass her shoulder but Youngmi quickly hold my arm, prevent me. I glance at her,showing my serious face.

“What? you want to laugh at me? then go ahead”  I fold my arm over my chest with my book in my hand, waiting to be laugh by her. But she just remain silent which make me turn into frown. Her face seem didn’t enjoy with this new. It’s totally opposite with what am I expecting.

“No, isn’t like that,” she nearly shouts, attempting to convince me. I’m a bit startled with her loud voice as I narrow my eyes to her. She bites her lip guilty then, play with her finger.

“I..I just want to ask, are you alright?” her word startled me again as I look at her straight into her eyes.

“Of course I am, why would I’m not?” I say almost whisper, looking away instantly. I‘m confused, what all of sudden she ask such a question like that? it's really out of topic.

“Are you really breaking up with him?" she asks in unbelievable written on her face. I seem a bit doubt but end up nod at her with heavy heart, well, that's reality.

"How come? I thought..ah never mind, I really feel sorry about you and Daehyun, I really didn’t expect that you guys will break up. To be honest, I never mind at all with your guys relationship. You deserve him, no. he is the one who deserve yo -”

“Stop” I immediately raise my right hand to stop her, it’s too painful to bear anything she talks about our relation. She is too much because I’m starting to feel the warm tear fill my eyes and I don’t have any idea why. She notices my facial expression has changed as she tries to approach me but I quickly step back with my big eye.

“Why? Why are you doing this to me?” I exclaim to her. Confusing about her action. Why she suddenly cares about me? is it not she is the one who insulted me before? We never get along before. She just sister of Youngjae but why all of sudden she act like his brother? I don’t understand.

“Can I be your friend?” She surprises me with another question again, completely ignore my frustration. I think I’m going crazy now.

“Why do you want to be my friend? There is no reason-”

“so I can do this to you..” Youngmi interrupts me as she bravely approaching me then quickly wrap her arm around me. Not to mention, I quite surprise with her brave movement. I blink for a moment and didn’t bother to push her away either. Slowly, I feel his palm on my back, rubbing in concerned.

“You know what Kyungmi, that night you come to my house, I mean my brother house makes me realized something. I was mad at first because you find my brother at late at night. I thought you’re too greedy cause you already have daehyun but you still come to my brother. Then, I accidentally saw you crying onto my brother.  Seen you that state make the hatred I had to you gradually disappear without I know and been replaced with something feeling I didn’t know. All I know, you seemed really sad at the moment. You seem  more like needed and desperately.” She my hair this time. I still in clueness. so, she was there too that night. I thought she lived with their parents. I don't know she lived with her brother instead.

“You don’t have friends, that’s why you always looking for my brother but don’t you know he is a boy after all. I can tell even you feel comfortable around him,  telling all about your problem , go to him whenever you feel down. It’s actually awkward for you, right?. I know deep inside of your heart, you had wished once that my brother is a girl Or I’m wrong” she let out a light chuckle while I slowly hide my face in her hair, embarrassed with myself. I don’t know I’ve been observed by Youngjae’s sister.

“I’m sorry, Kyungmi.. I’m sorry about everything I did to you, everything  I said to you, especially about your mother. I know you must hate me for that”

I’m not realizing that my hand have already encircled around her tightly, as I slowly cry on her shoulder. letting it out once again but in the person I didn't expected at all. I never feel this way before, she is right, even with youngjae. It’s totally different. I never know that I’m looking obviously a needed now. plus, after the new about me and Daehyun. I literally need a friend and apparently a female friend is a better than a male.

“Daehyun said I more like his sister and I really hurt hearing those words from his mouth” I confess all of sudden as my sob become aggressive. She can feel how terrible I am under her hold as she tightly her hold onto me. letting me know that I’m not alone anymore.

“Do you want to know something. I always told him that I like him but you know what he said to me..” she pauses for a while before open again. I just found myself look like a five year old. I wait for her to continue her unfinished word.

“He only replied ‘Oh you’ve grown up’. Look, does it sound like I’m more like his sister instead.” She laughs, pulling away from me. I quickly wipe my tear away as I glance at Youngmi who is confidently smiling toward me back. his smile simply gives me some peace.

“Now, I don’t care anymore whether he likes me or not because I realized he isn’t for me. he maybe for someone else, I suppose.”

“What do you mean?” I hesitantly ask, frowning when she gives me a meaningful smile.

“You” she suddenly points her finger to me. I shake my head immediately , totally disagree with her. That’s didn’t make sense at all.

“I don’t think so, I told you already he said-”

Youngmi quickly cut me off as she said the word that make me more confused.

“sometimes people would lie about their feeling, did you think those words actually come from his heart?”

 

 

 


 

Hey guys, I'm sorry for the late update..