Chapter 40

Love Is Confusing Me

 

 

I read the date and time for quite few times, trying to confirm my eyes again. Maybe, I'm to sleepy from the lack of sleep last night and make my sight become blurred now. However, everything quickly has been answered when Youngjae give my shoulder a soft nudge which make me face the reality immediately. I give a last look to my screen phone before sighing lightly.

To my disappointed, it seems turn out right. The person I've called last night is Jung Daehyun a.k.a my Ex unreal boyfriend. The uneasy feeling starts to rush all over my body.

"Hey, What is wrong? are you alright?" Youngjae kindly asks when he notices I didn't ever shift in my spot.  Also, he noticed how change my expression was right after I check my phone.

"um, nothing..urh. I'm fine" I quickly shove back my phone to my pocket upon realizing he is trying to peek to my screen phone. He looks up at me as stare at me weirdly but shrug it off anyway. he is about to speak but I cut him right away.

"Forget it about what I've said to you"  I breathe out.

"huh?" he shows me a puzzle face. My lips form into a amused smile immediately at his cute expression.

"I didn't make any call to anyone last night" I lied,

"Ah, I always daydreaming.. Aish!" I hiss as knock my head once before nervously let out a laugh, covering everything that shake me up under my chest. He forms his lip into 'O' immediately. I can tell through his face show half confused half suspicious to me.

"but-"

"I have to go now, Youngjae. my class seems like going to start soon" I pat his shoulder an instant as give him an excuses for leaving​. He seems a bit hesitate​ at first but let me go eventually. 

"Okay" His eyes slightly narrow in concerned​.

"You've been acting weird lately." He mutters and I smile at his blunt comments. I didn't reply him instead turn around then start to walk away, leaving him behind. I can sense he is sending me with his eye as I walk through the hallway.

I let out a sigh as slowly let out my phone again. I unlocked the screen before revealing the history of my logs. I stare down at the screen, with so many thought in my mind.

"He knows.." I squeeze my phone in my hand, hard to believe the certain fact. How come I can be so careless?

Without thinking twice, I quickly delete his number from the contacts. There is no use for me to keep his number for a long time. I'm afraid I would make the same mistake like last night. it's enough, he heard everything about what I've said to him and even worse mostly I talked about him. Just recall a single word I said to him make me become more stupid, ashamed​ and desperately.

I don't understand what kind of situation I've been putting now. it's such a difficult for me to through it.

What has his presence mean to my life?

.....

Seems like the concentration in the class gradually gone. I keep spacing out in my own seat as I couldn’t caught every word the teacher said. This situation just same like before where Daehyun end up our fake relation all of sudden. Though, outside I look like I don’t give a damn about it but deep inside of my heart I really wonder what is running through his mind upon hearing everything I said about him.

Weird. I complained about him and at the same time the person who was listening to it is himself. Okay. That’s freaking crazy. No one in the world ever brave to do that except me. it’s only ME! Oh My %#%^#%^$% !!!

That’s the stupidest thing I’ve even done in my entire life.

For a moment, I tap my forefinger to the desk for a few time while creating the annoyed sound in my ear. I’m in deep thought as I’m thinking of something to get rip my uneasy feeling away from me.

I think the best way is talking with him. At the same time I should apologize to him too for calling him at late at night even though I really didn't expect that the kind of situation would happened. I really didn't mean to call him since I have no reason for that too but now the problem is I should tell him the truth. 

And about everything I've said to him I really don't have any idea about that. it's just happened in blink of an eye. I hope he didn't take that as a serious one.

Finally the period of the last lesson end as the bell echoes around the school. I make a sigh while tidy up my book on my desk then wait for a few minutes, letting my classmate to go out first. I don't quite like the crowd especially around the boys. The room starts to empty after the last girl went out from the class.

I grab my bag and before I could get up from my seat, the familiar voice greet me immediately.

"Yo!" I raise up my head and Youngmi's face pops out through the door.

"Hey" I casually greet her back, sending her a tiny smile. She crosses her arm then lean her back against the frame door of my classroom, waiting for me. I slowly bring myself to her.

"What's up? you seem a bit.. bleak​" Youngmi voiced up when my face clearly in her sight.

I weary shake my head to her. "Nothing.. Let's go"

I skip through her shoulder then begins walk down to the silence hallway. she presses her lips together then pushing away her body from the door as walk after me.

"Don't lie, stop acting like you're good at lying but the reality you're not." Youngmi blunts out, a bit annoying at my obviously behavior​. I take a long breath.

"I know.. I'm not but..." I glance up at her "Can't you just pretend like I'm a good one? you know, not all the things are easy . Even telling a problem to a friend" I softly say, don't want to offend the female.

Youngmi shuts instantly as pondering over my word. There is silence hanging around the air for a few minutes before Youngmi takes a heavy sigh "Okay, I'll let you go this time" she gives up.

My lips form into a smile immediately."Thank you.."I murmur.

"I do this because you've forced me. so, don't thank me" She grits her teeth. I can sense her word is something.

"Youngmi, I do believe you but it just-"

"Kyungmi, you.." she cuts me off as hiss in her spot. " You are really Irritating​ me you know"

I flinch at her sudden word but then quickly maintain into a calm face again. I wait for her next word.

"Please, stop doing this, you're just really something. I don't understand you.. From the beginning I really don't understand you. I tried to find out about you by this friendship but it's still hard for me to know you. Yes, I admit you're bad at lying, but your thoughts I really can't figure out well. Although you're telling me honestly about the things, something inside me just make me refused to believe it because I know you will change the thought after that." 

I blankly stare in front of me while trying to process each word she said into my brain. am I really like that?

"When you said I'm not okay to me then after that you smile widely as if you're the most happiest in the world.. You're unreadable, Kyungmi" Youngmi adds as breathe out hardly. I stop on my track immediately before open my mouth.

"Are you a fan of me? or a stalker?" 

Youngmi stops her feet from walking then look through her shoulder when she notices I'm not beside her anymore. She narrows her eyes to me, for a moment she clicks her tongue once.

"See.. you're really something just same like Daehyun Oppa.. I don't understand both of you." She confesses based of the point of her view. She turns her head in front before start walking again, leaving me blinking in my spot.

"Yah, wait up for me" I runs after her upon realizing she quite far away from me. I softly nudge her arm when I reach beside her.

"Hey, Why are you so serious ? You are not you today." I carefully say and to be honest, I still don't get it. why she seems like interesting to know about me? there isn't something special though.

"You made me like this, then you ask me again.. Oh god, please tell me, am I really being friend with a human?" She sarcastically​ says with a serious face. I laugh at her word then shake my head.

"Yes, I'm not a human" I try to play along with her but she seems like more annoyed as she glance at me.

"Okay, okay.. You become like this because I refused to tell you my problem, right? then, I will tell you" I say and at the same time I'm not sure either about my decision​. To be honest, there is something I didn't tell her about. it's about my fake relationship with Daehyun. She just thinks I broke up with him and I was upset about that. 

Yeah, since she doesn't know about that, I always be careful whenever I have a conversation with her. especially when we talk about him and I don't know perhaps the reason she doesn't understand me because of that.​That's the reason too why I still have connection with his brother. Sometime when she was being my listener, I almost spit out about how bad I want to tell Daehyun about my feelings to her but luckily the thought about my secret quickly awaken me.

"It's okay, you don't need to tell me" Youngmi's voice interrupt my thought right away. Unknowingly, I let out a sigh of relief. I focus back in front of me when I notice we almost near the gate. For a moment, I look around me and my eye catch the familiar figure.

"Youngmi, You go first, I have something to do" I softly elbow her in the arm while my eye keeps looking at the person, afraid I will lose his track. 

"Hmm,Okay, Seem like my brother wait for me already" She says while pointing toward the car with , unhappy. I glance at her then give her a small chuckle. I know she likes to spend time with me instead.

"Yah, Hurry up! don't you know my get burn already because of waiting for you" Youngjae pops out his head through the door of his car. He just notices his sister from a far while waiting for her in the car.

"I'm coming!!" She shouts back to his brother, sounding like wanting to create a war.

"I swear I will burn his for real" She mutter through her teeth before running toward his brother immediately.

I laugh in amused at her last word while wave my hand toward her. I didn't fully watch her until she gets in the car when I instantly turn around then approach to the person who I had an eye earlier.

He is walking to his car place and without knowing my presence at all. I slowly approach his back while taking some breath around me. I don't know this is a good idea or not but I don't think I can keep this for a long time. I don't know either where should I start first since he is perfectly near me. no. I'm the one who near him. I can tell my heart keeps pumping under my chest as if they want to jump out from their own place.

I want him to forget about the call and for some reason I'm not care that much actually because I didn't even mention that I love him last night instead I just mention how much I miss him. So, he still doesn't know that I have a feeling to him.

The scent of his cologne quickly greets my nose. He still smells nice even the time turns into almost evening. I secretly bite my bottom lip before I bravely pull the tip of behind his shirt, stopping the male immediately."Daehyun.."

"Let's talk for a while" I nervously demand, looking at the back of his head. I know he'd recognize​ my voice very well so, I don't need to tell him who I am. he didn't turn his head instead give me a short 'hum' as his reply.

The grip of his shirt become tighten. I don't know how to start first "..ugh.. about the call.."

"I fell asleep" He cut me off instantly "I fell asleep after I pick up your call."

My eyes enlarge for a few second before they become narrow. I slowly loose my grip then release his shirt right away, letting my hand fall to the side.

"..and I'm not sure about what you were talking about last night" He adds upon realizing his shirt has been released by me. he still didn't face me instead he throws the gaze to his car in front of him.

I stay still behind him without even move a bit. I should be relief about that but why some part of me saying that he is lying to me. I even don't have any confidence​ over his words. look at me now, I supposed to go, but why my feet still glued over here. I don't understand but being positive I am, I shove the thought away.

"I hope you didn't lie" I casually say, waiting for his reaction. my eyes still set on his head. I press my lip together as he takes such a long time before giving me the response.

"I didn't" he seems confident about that. I silently clench my hand into fist.

"But why the part of me​ tell me that you're acting like one?" I retort as give him a test. He didn't answer and let the atmosphere become silent again.

After I feel like forever, he finally opens his mouth."Are we.."

he pauses then look through his shoulder as our eyes meet an instant."..talking about what?"

Talking about us, STUPID!

For the first time, I feel like wanting to throw my fist on his handsome face right away. Seriously, I really can't bear with his attitude. My eyes already flare with fire as I stare straight into his eyes, I control my temper before I calm myself with a huge sigh. 

"Nothing.." I weary mutter as break our eye contacts immediately. He is so mean and I hate him. I can feel the space of my eyes already filled with tear. Without saying anything, I turn around then begin to walk away, leaving him just like that.

I can sense he is sending me with his eye right now.

I try to hold in my tear back before something feeling appears in my heart. He seems didn't give a damn about me, so this is what I'm going to do right now.

"From now on, you're no one to me but a stranger"

 

 

 

 

 


 

Sorry , this chapter is a bit short.. 

bye. I'm sleepy