Chapter 37

Love Is Confusing Me

 

I couldn't believe people that the most hate me, abruptly wants to be my friend. it's a bit weird and awkward but I just shrug it off. at least, I don't have enemy anymore. I let out a small sigh. I'm on my way to the class as I walk through the corridor in silence while Youngmi is following from behind. I know Youngmi must wants to give me some space, that's why she lets me walk first.

Right after the scene in the locker place, we become awkward again and not to mention, the last word she has said to me a while ago keep repeating in my head for several of times.

'What is she mean by those words? is Daehyun lied?' I really doesn't have any idea right now.

The recess time seem like going to over later as I notice the students start to arrange the step to go back to their own class. At the moment, suddenly a finger tap my shoulder twice. I looks over my shoulder immediately as I face Youngmi who show me a serious face. I frown at her sudden change expression.

"Well Kyungmi, Welcome to my club" she gives me a smile that I think mostly like a smirk.

"W-what do you mean?" I fully face her, and at the same time trying to discover the meaning of her word.

"What I mean is..." before I could prepare anything, she suddenly attack me by pull my hair. I quickly yell as impact of shock and pain.

"..this." she continue her unfinished statement then pull hardly my hair. The books I'm holding in my hand already scattered on the ground as I try to save my hair. 

I don't understand now

What the heck is this?!!

The confusion begin to rush over me, didn't understand the situation I've been now. but do you think I will just remain silent and let her pull my hair? of course not. I hardly push her against the wall with rough until I heard she ground in pain upon her back touch the flat wall. There is something make me wonder at the moment, she didn't even flinch at my sudden move instead showing her sarcastic smile.

"What is wrong with you?" I grip her uniform as trap her between the wall. The expression she is giving to me totally  freak me out. her hand still didn't let my hair go.

"I thought we're friends" I breathe out, staring right into her eyes. For a moment, I feel my hair slowly been released by her.

She even didn't answer me either as my grip become loose but when I'm about to let her uniform go. suddenly, Youngmi roughly pushes me until I fall down on the ground. 

"Of course, we are!" She exclaims then quickly get on top of me, her hand starts to grip my hair again. I yell and I can feel that my eyes flare with fire already.

"Do you want to fight with me?! Fine, let's fight!" I lost my patient as I grip her hair this time, I roll both of us as I sit on top of her, pulling her hair hard.

We sudden fight, has attracted the students who is wall pass by. They start to gather around us who is fighting in the middle of the hall. Some of students begins to cheer up for us while the others, whispering to each other, amusing. There is no one really bother to unbind us instead watching us until one of crowd seem like recognize one of us. The male quickly sneak out from the crowd as he runs immediately to find the person who can stop us.

On the other hand, We both keeps rolling on the ground, completely ignore the students around us. I don't care anymore about the crowd because my problem now is with this girl. seriously, aren't she is the one who talked nicely with me earlier? then, What the hell all of sudden she turns like this way?! I've already had enough of it but she adds more again. 

To be honest, this is definitely surprise me too, I don't know why I become like this. This is totally not me. I'm not the kind of person to reply back but here I am, pulling her hair. I probably have a problem with my mental now. My condition isn't completely fine yet as the frustration about me and Daehyun still bother me. Apparently, our fake relationship has given me a big affected and seem like I still can't accept the fact that Daehyun end our fake relationship.

For a moment, I feel pair of hand quickly pull me up since I'm on the top of youngmi. Someone has finally pull us apart, I look over my shoulder for a while and noticed youngjae who is the one pull me. I can tell the frown start to draw on his face in confusion.

"What happen here" He says almost raise his voice. his hand tightly encircle around my waist from behind.

"Let me go, youngjae!" I shout as start to struggle in his hand, wanting to get free.

At the moment, Youngmi gets up immediately and about to attack me again but there has someone instantly catch her just in time then hold her like the way Youngjae do to me. I stop dramatically from struggle as soon as my eye land to Daehyun, who is the one holding Youngmi now. His eye also stare at me at the same time.

"Let me go, Oppa!" Youngmi's voice snap my thought all of sudden as I manage run my gaze to her this time. Seem like she is trying to escape from Daehyun's hold when she's struggling uncontrollable in his hand. I bite my bottom lip, realizing that our small fight has embarrassed me. 

"Youngmi, what is wrong with you!? please, don't create a problem again!" Youngjae scolds his sister, giving his sharp stare at his stubborn sister. Youngmi simply ignore her brother's remark as she keeps struggling while screaming to let her go. 

Without warning, Youngmi step on Daehyun's feet which make him release her instantly. All the students gasp at the sight in front of them, didn't believe Youngmi has such a brave like that to step at one of the popular guy's feet.

But for me, isn't the problem now because my eyes become wide already when I notice Youngmi runs to my direction as if a lion want to attack her target. And this time, I give up. I won't fight her again as I shut my eyes tightly. I acquiesce with what will happen next.

I wait for her to approach me and expecting she will yank my hair again but I'm totally wrong when I feel the fingers wrap surprisingly around my wrist instead. then, the second things, Youngjae already lost his hold onto me as I've been pulled by someone. I shot my eyes open and get shock when Youngmi grabs my hand then she drags me to run away, leaving the blinking students, a dumfounded Youngjae and the confused Daehyun on their spot.

"What now?" I thought silently as letting youngmi drags me away from them.

Unknowingly, the frown become more deep than before, I don't have any idea what is wrong with Youngjae's sister. is she plan all of this but why? it's more sound like crazy. why on earth she wants planning such a thing like this? I think, I'm going to be crazy soon cause found a girl like her.

I press my lip together, preferring being silent. We run to the stairs as we climb them one by one. I don't know where are we going until we reach the top of the building. now, I know. we are heading to the rooftop exactly. upon the door have been opened by youngmi, the crazy wind immediately greet us. 

Youngmi lets my hand go as she run to the middle of the place then stretch out both of her hand, enjoying the wind.

"did you see my brother's face? it's kind of funny" she exclaims all of sudden then chuckle a little, didn't even bother to look at me. I blink on my spot.

"Yo-youngmi." I found myself lost as the tone of my voice seem uneven.

"I-I don't understand.." I honestly state, slowly approach her. I stop behind her. breathe in the air. seriously I really don't understand right now.

Youngmi turns around, facing me with smile on her face. Both of her hand slowly fall to each her side.

"How do you feeling right now? fine?" She asks me another question. I didn't answer her instead give her a long stare in confused state.

"Okay, okay, Aish, you're not fun" she pouts.

"I just want to make you feel better" She shortly replies then sigh lightly. "I really meant it when I said we're friends" 

I blink again, her word sound like nonsense. but I can't hide my smile. her statement give me such a soften, anyway.

"Seriously, then why on earth are you doing that? you've ruined my hair you know" I hiss, as touch my hair. it's getting extremely​ messed.

"ugh.. about that.. sorry?" Youngmi lifts up her eyebrow, grinning.

"I always thought to do that with my friends, but I didn't have brave enough. Well, since both of us have first argue before, why not I try with you instead?" She laughs nervously.

My jaw drop immediately upon hearing her answer. 

"You're insane!" I casually say, as walking forward, wanting to look at the view of the school . "so, you want to be friend with me because you want to do that?"

"No, no no.. of course not" She quickly response as turn around, facing the back of me. I tidy up my hair back with my hand while my eye didn't left from the beautiful view in front of me.

Youngmi make her way to me then stand beside me in silence. I glance to her with the corner of my eye for a moment.

"You should fix your hair too. they look beyond horrible" I chuckle at her look..

she quickly fix her hair while let out a sound of grunt. Then, We both look to each other for a few second before bursting into laugh, amusing. 

"Yah, you look more horrible than me" she points his finger to my awful hair.

"That's all your fault!" I roll my eyes, then laugh again.

Suddenly, The bang sound has been heard as someone push the door violently.

"Yah,Yoo Youngmi, what the hell was... oh." Youngjae's word hang in the air when he saw both of us laughing together. His expression seem shocked as ever. He stands there in confusion.

The both of us instantly turn around to look at the owner of the voice. Youngmi's lip quickly form into a huge smile when his figure in her sight.

"Oppa look, We become good friends.." Youngmi slugs her hand around my shoulder then glance at me. "right, kyungmi-ah?"  she adds.

I'm a bit doubt at first, but give a quick nod eventually. 

"Okay girls. I really desperately need an explanation now" youngjae approaches us, frowning. He looks like wanting the explanation more from his sister than me as his stare only at his sister. I silently try to hold my laugh from come out. 

"Oppa, I've changed already," Youngmi state, sounding a bit arrogant.

"That's not the answer I want, Youngmi" Youngjae crosses his arm over his chest. "Since when both of you become this close and what just happened earlier? why on earth are you guys fighting? you know, this is school, luckily the teachers didn't sense anything or else you guys will get into a trouble"

Youngmi quickly rolls her eyes in irritation when his brother starts to scold them.

"Relax Oppa, We just did this for fun" Youngmi casually state, and quickly earning a hit on the head from his brother. she moans in pain.

"For fun? do you think this is funny. I'm damn serious right now" Youngjae's face become serious as he said. Our facial expression immediately change.

"Okay, fine.. I'm sorry. I just want to help Kyungmi. that's all" Youngmi bluntly says.

"Eh?" I tilt my head to look at her while Youngjae didn't give any response.

"I thought with that can light up her mood..I just want to cheer her up as a friend" Youngmi lowers her head down. She is totally different than earlier. I'm definitely touching with her action but don't you think that is too much. Youngjae is right, we might get caught by the teacher or maybe we get injured too.

I'm about to open my mouth but shut it back when I see youngjae lift up his hand than pat his sister's head.

"I'm glad you want to be friend with Kyungmi" Youngjae's eyes land to me as his lip form into a kind smile. I smile back in return.

"Oppa, I think you should try to do that too. you can do that with Daehyun Oppa" Youngmi suddenly looks up at his brother as she give a suggestion that I think ridiculous. once again, she earned the hit from his brother.

"Are you kidding me? do you want me to fight with Daehyun? Yah, did you happy if we end up being in hospital?" Youngjae shot her a lot of questions. I giggle at my spot, seriously, this siblings are fun to be watched.

"it's not like that. it's just... Daehyun Oppa seems like have same condition like Kyungmi.." 

Youngmi's statement completely shut me and Youngjae as well then we both exchange the look to each other.The atmosphere turn into awkward for a moment when there is no one is talking among us. Youngmin realize what just she said as she quickly bite her inner cheek in uneasy. Youngjae clears his throat all of sudden.

"No, I'm not going to do that.. and you also don't even you dare to do that again, understand?" youngjae gives her sister a warning.

Youngmin just give a quick nod as her brother start to speak up again. "let's just don't talk about this, okay"

Youngjae let out a sigh of relief then turn his head to me "call I talk to you for a while?" 

"Ugh..Okay" I say with a low tone.

"But oppa you can't take her away from me" Youngmi pretends to pout on her spot all of sudden.

"Youngmi, don't be such a childish" Youngjae remarks while he grabs my wrist immediately to lead me a bit far from his sister. Youngmi makes a face before continuing enjoy the wind again.

"what is it?" I impatiently ask right after making sure we are far enough from Youngmi. Youngjae seems a bit doubt but eventually open his mouth.

"About Myungsoo. are you really serious about that?" Youngjae carefully asks me. I press my lip together as didn't expect that youngjae will mention about it again.

"have you given up already? are you going to move on?" Youngjae shot a question again when nope response comes out from me. He even holds both of my shoulders, almost shake them. he had thought about it like a crazy person. He really want to know the reason why all of sudden I asked myungsoo to go on the date that day. is it because of Jung Daehyun?

"Youngjae, please.." I plead as a small sigh escape from my lip. I stare at him in frustration.

"..can we just don't talk about it now" I say again. hopefully he will understand the situation now. plus, I don't know either. what kind of answer should I give him. Youngjae's shoulders slump in disappointed​ as his hands slowly fall to his sides. he makes a heavy sigh but then his lip curls into a thin smile.

"Okay, but if you ready to tell me, then find me. I always there for you" He weakly state. I just give him a quick nod and manage to mumble 'thanks' to him.

 

....

 

The bell of the school finally echoes around as a sign for us to leave the school. All the students immediately rush out from the classroom while I'm still on my seat, watching the impatient my classmate dash out through the door.

The classroom finally empty as I wish. I get up from my seat, putting on my bag over my shoulder then begin to make my way out from the class. The corridor seems empty and silence already as I saunter​ through it.

After a few minutes later, I reach almost to the gate then when I about to step out from the gate, suddenly I saw a figure of someone. he seems like walking to my direction. I simply narrow my eyes to get a better look. For a moment, a gasp escape from my mouth upon recognizing him. he is getting closer and I can tell my heart begin to beat crazily. 

I lower my head down and the second thing, he walks pass over my shoulder as if I'm not there. he didn't even glance to me either. I grip my skirt hardly, a bit disappointed​ with his ignorance. he really sees me as a stranger. I turn around and accidentally step on the rock bellow me. I bend down then quickly pick up one of them. I straighten my body again then my eye land to Daehyun's back instantly.

I silently squeeze a rock in my palm. there is a lot of feelings rushing over me, lately. I can't hold this anymore as I throw a rock over his direction as if I throw all my thought away but apparently today is not my day when a rock perfectly hit the back of his head.

"Omo, What am I doing?" I cover my mouth with shocked. I didn't expect that a rock can go so far like that.

"I shouldn't do that, Aish" I hiss as I've no option instead run away. I quickly run out from the gate of school, keep praying that he isn't noticed me.

 

....

Daehyun stops immediately when he feels something hit the back of his head. he looks down then found a small rock beside his feet. He slowly bend down then pick up a rock before examining the thing for a moment.

"What a weird girl" he mutters, shoving his hands back into his pocket along with a rock then he begins to walk again. he just left something under his desk, that why he get back into the school.