Chapter 21

Love Is Confusing Me
 
 

At the moment when I walk to the school gate, the two figure guys playfully chase each other from behind, suddenly they run toward me then hit me from the rear body which make me lose my balance. I’m about to fall down on the ground but the person beside me quickly sneaks his hand and catch my arm up just in time. I let out a sigh of relief then look down to the boy who just bumped me. He is groaning on the ground probably got hurt after knocking hardly on the ground.

“Yah! Seriously, how old are you? you think this is kindergarten to chase around?" I scold at the person in front of me, ignoring the person who still has his fingers encircled on my arm, holding me in protect. The boy blinks for a few minutes before his friend who far a few meters from us laughing amusing at him.

“Idiot!!” His friend comments along with his hysterically laugh.

The boy gasps before quickly stands on his feet.

“Sorry” He gives me a quick apology before turning around, continuing on chasing his friend. Some curse words instantly slip out from the boy's mouth.

I blink on my spot, watching both of them running, blankly. Then, I notice the person beside me still has his hand on my arm. Immediately I pull my hand away and the second thing, I feel shame for forgetting his presence a while ago.

Don’t want him to suspicious my negligence, I put on my serious face at him then casually walk ahead first.

Daehyun narrows his eyes, glancing up at me in confusion before shrugging. He shoves his hands back in the pocket, start to walk again until he reaches beside me.

We both walk side by side to the school building. I stole a glance at Daehyun who is casually chewing the gum in his mouth with his hands in the pocket, putting on his poker face as usual.

‘Where did he get that thing?’

“Annyeong Kyungmi-ah, good morning!” Suddenly Myungsoo greets me who is leaning his back against the wall. He runs his finger through his hair which make the female students walking pass by squealing for his handsomeness.

Daehyun and me a bit startled at his voice, We both immediately turn our head to look at Myungsoo's unexpected figure. I click my tongue once to the sight of him.

“Don’t mess with me!” I warn Myungsoo, eyeing the students who already give me a disgust look. I totally don’t like much the attention, especially from the girls. They just creep me up, somehow look like they want to pounce on me.

Myungsoo can’t help but laugh at it, literally didn’t take that as a seriuos one. He turns to Daehyun then show his smirk.

“Hello, bro!” He greets Daehyun but he doesn’t reply him back instead blowing his gum into small balloon until they burst by itself on his mouth, letting out the pop sound.

Myungsoo rolls his eyes before throwing his hand to my shoulder, dragging my body a little to his.

I gasp

“Let’s go ,I take you to your class” He shows me the most of his charming smile, ignoring Daehyun beside me. He excitedly pulls me toward the stairs, leaving Daehyun behind. Daehyun blinks his eyes for a moment at the two of us.

I didn’t dispute or push his hand away instead just let me be dragged by him. I turn my head, looking at Daehyun through my shoulder. He just freezes on his spot and only stare at me. I give him a worried face but he startled me by giving me a warm smile all of sudden.

‘Did he just smile?’

I frown at him before a girl comes out of nowhere call out his name. I don’t know why but I feel hurt in the corner of my heart at the sight of Daehyun widely smile at Youngmi right after he saw her. He seems happy with her presence and the second thing the two of them disappearing from my sight.

I let out a small sigh before turning back my head in front.

“I couldn’t believe you aren’t even melt or fall over my handsomeness” Myungsoo’s voice echoes around which make me snap from my deep thought. I look up at him then spread him a tiny smile.

“It’s all because I’m not like those girls.” I simply say, looking down into my feet. The scene of Youngmi and Daehyun are playing on my mind again. I really want to push the thought out of my head but I can’t. Seem like it’s not working at all instead give me worse effect which make deep inside of my heart hurt.

“I see.. you’re not an easy girl” He softer says, making a small sigh. He tightly hugs my shoulder while leading me to my class. He brushes a little his finger against the side of my shoulder, sending me a comfortable one.

I response him as slowly raise my right hand then encircle them around his waist from the back of his body. He seems a bit startled by my actio  but then flash me a happy face.

At this moment, I really don’t have any idea what am I just doing. I really hope Myungsoo doesn’t misunderstand with my sudden action. It might be I just want me to release my tension a little about my new feeling that hurting me in my heart for no reason.

 

.....

 

The next ring of the bell is echoing around the school building. The noisy starts to be heard outside of the class, screaming for freedom. I really don’t have a mood now to go to the canteen and my appetite already gone somewhere.

I grab a few books that I need and decide to just go to the library school. That's the only place that I can calm myself a little. I silently dash out of the class then make my way to the hall. I suddenly trap into the sea of students who are walking to the canteen, I quickly sneak myself to escape from them.

The sigh of relief escapes from my mouth to the sight of the library in front of me. When I’m about to enter the library place suddenly someone run into me while shouting my name which make around the hall echoing with only her voice. I instantly turn around then facing my classmate who are already panting in front of me.

“What’s wrong, Haejin?” I ask with a frown on myself. She looks up right after she gets enough the oxygen to breath.

“You walk too fast!” she exclaims in teasing tone while flushing her cute smile, showing her dimple on the both side of her cheeks. I can’t help but squeal in my heart due to her cuteness. Her cuteness just remind me of zelo.

I let out a friendly laugh at her comment.

“Ah!” she claps her hand once “I want to tell you that someone want to see you now”

“Oh really, who?” I make a double frown at her.

She shrugs “I'm really not sure that but he had asked me to call you a moment ago. He said he’ll wait you at the school gate”

“I see... anyway, thanks Haejin” I say, giving her a pat on her shoulder once. I start to arrange the step to walk back to the hall.

“No problem... by the way, your boyfriend is so handsome!” she shouts then wink at me, teasing me.

I bitterly smile at her before speedily my walk, don’t respond at all.

‘Handsome? That’s not my problem’ I mutter then begin to run to the gate of the school. Don’t want to make the person wait for me.

When I’m about to reach the gate, someone's figure caught my sight immediately. My smile fade away immediately, for some reason I feel regret that I come here in the first place. I grip my fist hardly while biting my lower lip in anger.

‘What the hell my father doing here?’

Seem like he is talking with one of the female students over there. I start doubting with myself whether to continue my walk or turn around then walk away just like that. My anger still fills up in my heart about my father's behavior as the thought he got the money from Jung Daehyun without a single feeling of shame.

I turn around instantly. I can’t help but hate him even more. The hatred that already set in my heart will never disappear unless I settle the money back to Daehyun. It’s the only way for me to not invole him into my family problem.

The moment I turn and ready to walk away from the place, I got interrupted by someone's voice from behind me. I look over my shoulder before letting out a rough snort, a bit shocked.

‘What is this joke?’

“There you are, friend” Youngmi shows me her smile that almost look like a smirk. I glance up at her, giving her an uncomfortable look before turning my head to the person beside her.

Why am I so stupid for haven’t noticing that my father was talking to her a minute ago.

“Kyungmi-ah..” My father's voice softer calling me with his eyes straight at mine. His gentle voice didn’t get my attention at all but Youngmi in front of me. Honestly, I start to feel uneasy with her presence.

“Your father wants to see you” She shows me again her fake smile which make me want to puke right now in front of her face. She is acting like I was her best ever friend in the world.

Why she has to meet with my father? This is not right.

“Ahjushi, I have to go now” Youngmi bows to him in respect.

“Neh, Thank you” My father says with a small smile on his face, didn’t suspect anything. Youngmi nods her head once before making her way from here. She manages to glance at me with disgust face. I really don’t have any clue why she is doing this to me. What exactly her point?

“What bring you here?” I coldly ask him right after Youngmi disappeared from my sight, didn’t even want to look at his face.

“She is a good friend. Isn’t?” He didn’t answer my question instead talking something that I’m not supposed to listen. He searches my eye that I keep avoiding his eyes. Finally I glance up to him but with no expression on my face, just my blank face in front of him.

“You come here just because you want to say that. If it is, I will go now” I casually say then begin to arrange the step but he stops me. He stares at me warily. I notice my father looks a bit weird today. His stare look different than usual. The stare that I miss for a long time. The stare that gone after a long time ago.

“I’m sorry..” He calmly says. I’m a bit shocked by his sudden apologize but quickly hiding my expression from him. I just remain silent on my spot and just let my father talks again.

“I’m not supposed to accept the money from your boyfriend” He mutters again with a guilty face but I ignore it. I put my ego first as refusing to forgive him.

“You better go now and don’t you dare to come here again” I harshly say to him, don’t want to think about his feeling. It hurts me too for being rude at him again.  All the words that I’ve said to him surely not from my heart, I really didn’t mean it.

He gives me his confusion eyes, once again I avoid his eyes and turning around. I start to step ahead and keep blaming myself for being rude.

“kyungmi-ah I’m really sorry, please forgive me!” My father screams when he sees me walk away, he is too weak to chase after me and just let the words out from his mouth. His feet seem like have been glued down on the ground and preventing him to move forward.

“I”m going to pay him back. I promise!!” He confidently says again, wanting me to trust him. There is something that I don’t know about my father.

“Go away!” I yell in a rude tone without even wanting to turn around. My walk quickly turns into run while my eyes begin to feel heat.

As I running through the hall suddenly I bumped into someone which make me fall down immediately. I fall on my and make me groan in pain which created the crinkle on my face. I look up to see the person who is crossing her hands over her chest while showing her furious face to me.

I frown at the stare that Youngmi is giving me. Her face seems a little red and I don’t have any idea why she looks like that. Through her eyes, I can say that something bad is going to happen sooner or later.

I’m about to open my mouth but she suddenly violently grabs my hand, forcing me to stand on my feet. I glance at her for a while, trying to figure out what is happening now.

“Why-” My word has been cut with her immediately.

“Shut up!!” Her voice instantly echoes in the air around the empty hall. I swallow down my saliva through my throat due to her loud voice.

“Where are you bringing me?” I bravely ask, sounding a bit crack in my ears. She don’t say a single of a word instead dragging me somewhere. Then the two of us arrived at the back of the school, far away from the other students.

She quickly releases my hand then turns around, facing me.

“Youngm-“ I couldn’t finish my word when I feel something hurt on my left cheek. My cheek begins to feel hot as I quickly hold them in surprise. I glance at Youngmin in confusion.

‘Who the hell she is to slap me?’

“You Pauper!!! How dare you use Daehyun Oppa for the money!” She crazily screams. I’m startled by outburst as freezing myself on my spot.

“Yo.. you heard my conversation with my father?” I become stutter as my hand starts to shake. This is not supposed to happen.

“Did you know who you are? You are just a pauper who wants to earn the money from the rich man. That’s why you seduce him in the first place so that you can use his money for support your poor family.” She sarcastically says to me, ignoring my question. I glance at her, biting my lower lip hardly.

“I really don’t understand what he sees in you until he made you as his girlfriend. This is must be wrong. What you’ve done to him, huh?” She roughly pushes my shoulder, making my body shove backward by itself.

I just remain silent on my spot and my eyes don’t leave on her either.

“Don’t talk like you know me very well. You better mind of your business not mine” Finally I open my mouth, calmly mutter to her, don’t want to pick a fight.

She scoffs, responding to me.”Oh really?”

“If this is ralated with Daehyun oppa, then so that with me too. You don’t have the right to prevent me.” She adds, mockingly laugh at me. Hearing her laugh make me a little challenged by her.

“Then, what do you want me to do!?” I nearly shout on her face. For a moment, I try to control my emotion and take some breaths to calm myself a little. My tension didn’t go away yet but she has already added another one to me.

“Easy, break up with him. He is a nice and perfect person but you’ve ruined his perfection with your presence. You rather associate with trash. Don’t you know that?” She heartless says to me in a digusting face.

I make a heavy sigh “No, I can’t do that. Sorry”

I force swallow her words as I look away.

“Why? You don’t want to let him go because he has a lot of money, am I right?” She once again assault me. She gives me a dissatisfied face.

“Ah, I know, you must have been asked by your mother to come to school for seducing the rich guy then scrape their money, right?” She casually laughs again. I grip my fist hardly when she has mentioned my mom into this situation.

“I wonder, how come you pay for this school? Did your mom sell her body?” She suddenly asks, ignoring my red face. She knows that she has successed make me angry at her. She spreads me a satisfied smile.

“You better stop, Youngmi” I say under my breath, trying to control my anger.

“Why? You’re afraid that your secret will be spread around the school. You’re afraid that all the students know that your mother actually..” she pretends to let out a heavy sigh while leaning close to me. “..is a .” she whispers near my ear.

I can’t hold this anymore as I grab her collar, staring deep into her eyes.

“Stop talking about my mother!!!” I shout on her face and quickly raising my palm to slap her pretty face, but suddenly someone comes and blocks me. He grabs my hand to prevent me. Youngmi already had both of her hands, covering her face.

“Let me go Youngjae, I have to slap this girl!!” I already lost my control as screaming crazily.

“No, Kyungmi.. This is not right.. I know you well, this is not you” Youngjae tries to ease the situation. He shakes his head, narrowing his eyes to me, sending me the hint that I don’t understand. He still grips down my wrist while I keep on struggling to get free. I turn my head and instantly glance up at Youngjae with my red eyes.

“I don’t care!! You don’t understand me, Youngjae. She just insulted my mom in front of my face. So, you want me to just stand there then let her constantly talking bad about my mom?!!” I burst out my anger to Youngjae.

“But.. did you think that slapping her will make you be happy after this?” Youngjae tries to make reasonable. 

“If it would make me feel better, then I will do it...” I casually say then quickly pull my hand from his tight grip. Youngjae looks into my eyes deeper, making eyes contact.

“What are you waiting for? You said you want to slap me, then slap me!!” Youngmi suddenly says which make me turn to look at her again. She playfully pats her cheek, allowing me to slap her. I grip my fist hard.

“You just want Daehyun's money, you’re pauper!!” She adds again, keeping her harsh words to me. 

“YOUNGMI!!! stop it!!” Youngjae calls out her name, raising his voice. I give a death stare at her, ignoring Youngjae beside me.

“Don’t, Kyungmi..” Youngjae tries to beg at me. I quickly lift my palm again and ready to slap her cheek but Youngjae's next word surprises me.

“She is my sister”

 


 

Hello guys,

Sorry for the late update..huhu