Chapter 24

Love Is Confusing Me

 


 

The atmosphere turn into the silent one in the living room. I glance at Daehyun who is sleeping on the couch with sitting position, crossing his hand over his chest. I pout on my spot, taking a seat on the other couch as drag my leg up to cross over the couch. 

"what should I do now?" I mumble under my breath, looking around me. A while ago I managed help him keep all of his ice cream inside the fridge, afraid all of them will be melted in the plastic bag.

It’s only been three minutes but it feels as if ten minutes had passed. I let out a light sigh this time, regretting for coming to his house in the first place. I should’ve just go home and take a nap all the evening.

My stomach let out a loud sound abruptly which makes me notice that I’m not grabbing anything heavy food yet but ice cream today.

“Ah, I’m hungry” I whine while holding my tummy. I let my feet down on the cold floor as get off of the couch, heading to his kitchen. The kitchen seems quite clean and make me wonder who is cleaning all of this. Does he?

Ignoring my thought, I go to his fridge as wish that there will be have something that I can eat since I don’t know how to cook. Believe it or not, I now in the middle of learning how to cook with my mom. I remember that day when I suddenly asked my mom to teach me how to cook and she gave me a shocked reaction than I expected it. Then she started to suspicious me, saying that I’ve hidden something from her. Well, she knows me really well.

I grin widely as my hand quickly open the fridge in excitement. I bend down a little to peek inside the fridge but I couldn’t find something that I can eat unless the cheesecake.

“Bwoya? Cheesecake?!” I nearly shout, straighten back my body again. I don’t have any idea how much this guy really loves cheesecake? The sight of them really makes me feel sick. I stomp my feet once onto the floor and eventually pull out the cheesecake from the fridge. I bring them to the living room as set down to the coffee table in an instant.

I go back to the couch then sit on it with the same position, crossing my leg. I can’t help but only stare down to the plate of the cheesecake in disgusting. it’s not like this cheesecake is not good but I really can’t eat it. My throat won’t be accept it. Yes, I admit it. I do LOVE cake but not cheese. I couldn’t even eat the food that will relate with cheese.

I make a heavy sigh again when I heard the sound again in my stomach. I’m really hungry right now. How am I going to handle this. I really don’t have any choice but eat the cake in front of me now.

“I will try to eat it” I'm forcing myself to get off the couch then slowly crawl down toward the coffee table that placed a few steps away of the couch. Before that I manage glance at Daehyun once, making sure he will still in dreamland. If he is awake, I swear he will be the one who force me then tease me.

I sit in front of the coffee table while hugging my knee, debating with myself. I stare for a moment before slowly reaches out my hand toward the cake. I poke the cream with my forefinger then bring them to my mouth, shutting my eyes.

I shot my eye open after tasting the cake and the second thing I make a face “Ah, I can’t, I can’t.. I really can’t do this”

I whine as taking the cushion that laying on the floor before slamming my face onto it, screaming in frustration.  If I take another bite, I swear I will be vomit back.

“Yah, What happen?!” Daehyun’s voice interrupt me all of sudden as I lift my head up with my bitter face, turning my head at him. I show him a piteous face with make him stare at me in confusion. He awake because of my loud voice.

“I can’t eat this cheesecake. I’ve tried it but still I can’t eat it” I curl my lower lip up. His eyes land to the cake then to my face again. He lets out a sigh of relief and leaning his back again to the couch. He narrows his eyes down to me then let out a sigh again.

“Seriously, you just scared me out with things that really ridiculous. If you don’t want to eat, then don’t eat it” He hiss on his spot, starting to annoy.

“But, I’m too hungry” I honestly say in a low voice while lowering my head down. However, Daehyun still can hear me since the atmosphere in the living room really quiet.

“Great, I still have less than ten minutes before I wake up but you have ruined it” he mutters while yawning on his spot.

“I’m sorry, I really didn’t mean it” I say again upon hearing his complain, didn’t even look up. He clears his throat once.

“You can turn on the Tv first, we’re going to watch the Movie right after I finish cooking for us.” He suddenly states with no tone in his voice. He starts to get up from the couch then without waiting fo me to answer he already walks away, heading to the Kitchen.

I blink on my spot for a while, progressing for his word before forming my lip into the smile.

“Thank you!!” I stand up then shout at him loud enough to make sure he hears it. I quickly do as he said, turning on the tv then slam my down on the couch again in excitement.

“I will repay back to you, when I really can cook well. I promise” I mumble to myself, grinning. I watch some cartoon while waiting for him to prepare the food for us. The cartoon seems bored for me as my eyelid begins to feel heavy and heavy.

When my eye is about to close, the bell abruptly ring just in time from the main door which make me straighten my body up. Someone has come to his house.

“hey girlfriend ! , go open the door!” Daehyun’s voice echoes around the house, shouting from the kitchen.

“ughh...I’m lazy” I suddenly say, refuse to listen at him. Unknowing, I show him the other side of mine. Then, the ring turn into the knock as if the person is going to crash the door anytime. Daehyun can’t help but pop out his head to look at me then begin to shout again.

“bwo? Lazy?! I don’t care, now go open it or no food for you, Park Kyungmi !” He starts to order around.

“Okay, Okay,..I’ll get it...Aish!” I lazily get up then stroll to the door.

“he’s annoying” I manage mumble alone and begin to open the door to the person who is waiting on the othe side. When I widely open the door, I instantly get shocked at his presence that already show his grin at me.

 I’m about to close the door back, don’t want to let him in but he is so fast as he prevent me to do so. He quickly pushes the door while I push on the other side hardly since he is too strong. Well, he’s a man after all.

“Yah, Park kyungmi, this’s not funny!” Youngjae raise his voice when he starts to piss off with my dramatic action.

“What are you doing here? Go away!!” I shout back at him, didn’t even let go the knobs on the door. Pushing forward even more.

“Seriously, Can I come to my own friend's house?!” He adds, his voice sound frustration a bit.

“No. You can’t. You just come at the wrong time” I say again but I don’t know that my word has given Youngjae the wrong thought.

“Oh really? Wae? Is there something that you guys want to do or you’re afraid that I will know what you and Daehyun is going to do?” Youngjae shot me death questions which make my face flush red immediately. I remain silent and I can tell that behind the door he already smirks in victory.

“Oh Come on, Kyungmi-ah..Don’t be shy...just admit it-” he says again,teasing me at the same time he tries to push the door open.

“You! How could you say like that to me!! You jerk! I hate you!” I start to get angry at his word and end up let the knob go immediately but unfortunately when the door finally been open suddenly Youngjae lost his balance because he doesn’t know that I didn’t push the door anymore.

He falls down along with me cause me to lay on my back while Youngjae on top of me. I groan in pain when my back crash into the hard floor and don’t even realize that Youngjae already stare down at me. I look up as my eye become wide immediately. Youngjae’s face is really close to mine which make me hard for breath all of sudden.

“What are you guys doing?” Daehyun suddenly asks as pops out from nowhere. At the same time he breaks our awkward moment. A frown starts to draw on his face while looking down at the two of us.

“Yah, get off. You’re heavy!” I say as sneak my hand to his chest to push him away. Youngjae quickly snaps from his deep thought as he quickly gets up from me. I struggle to get up by myself since my back hurt like hell but believe it or not, no one want to help me up.

“Great, they are not getleman at all” I thought as fix my uniform.

I glance at Daehyun, seem like he doesn’t show any expression... like mad or anything. For some reason I’m a bit disappointed and I hate myself for worrying about his feeling. I shouldn’t think like that in the first place. I shouldn’t care about how he feels right now. I shouldn’t think that he is Jealous.

Gosh, What is wrong with me.? I look up at Youngjae then give him a death glance. Youngjae can’t help but grin innocently at me before turning his head to his friend.

“Don’t get me wrong. This is just an unexpected accident” Youngjae casually states, trying to find his friend's reaction. To him, Daehyun is unpredictable.

“I didn’t say anything” he shrugs his shoulders, seem like all of this situation didn’t give him any impact through his heart.

“The food is ready” he manages to tell me and then he starts to turn around as walk away, leaving the two of us. I quickly look at Youngjae back, showing him my unhappy face.

“Don’t even try to talk to me” I warn  him an instant then walk away, heading to the kitchen.

 Youngjae just shrugs “ like I will do what she said.” He mumbles under his breath while dragging his feet too, following me from behind.

.....

 

There are two men in the living room with me, and for some reason I’m a bit uncomfortable with this atmosphere and I don’t have any idea why. I'm still being sulk with Youngjae as I try not to glance at him. Youngjae took a seat on the couch while I and Daehyun have a seat in same couch.

Daehyun glances at me with the corner of his eye, probably feel strange when I’m not even glanced and talk to Youngjae like I used did. he can’t help but frown as well and didn’t even like the fact that I choose to sit beside him rather than Youngjae. He just doesn’t feel right with this situation.

Youngjae’s voice suddenly echoes around the living room as he bursts into laugh when the movie we are watching now turn into funny scene. But on the other hand, I start to annoying with his loud voice. For a moment Youngjae roll off the couch as fall down on the floor because of hardly laugh.

“Tsk” I grunt at his overreact. Only his voice echo around the air which make me turn to look at Daehyun who is frown on his spot rather than laugh. He narrows his eye at the screen oo tv, trying to find if the scene is really funny until can make his friend laugh crazily. But He doesn’t find one.

I grip my fist into annoying, seriously this guy, does he feel tired or what? Laughing like no more tomorrow. I really want to shout at him so badly but at the same time I don’t want to talk with him. So I decide to use Daehyun as the third person since he is the one is here.

“Daehyun-ah, can you ask your friend to shut up for a moment. He is annoying” I shift my body a little since I sit at the end of the couch.

Daehyun seems a bit startled at my soft yet sweet voice as he eyes immediately off from the screen tv. I grin hopely at him.

“No.” He says factly then pay attention back to the movie, completely ignore me. Youngjae stop for a moment to catch some breath  and make me sigh in relief. I start to lose interest at this movie as I pull out my phone and begin playing them, ignoring two people in this living room.

One second,

 

Two second,

 

“Buwahahahahaahahahahahah” he starts again, laugh,laugh and laugh, laying on his back while kicking his feet in the air. I can hold this anymore as I face Daehyun then grip his arm.

“Please...shut him up..” I point at youngjae then hold his arm tightly, I shift at him closely which make him frozen  on his sit, unmoving. I look up and try to meet with his eyes.

“Just ask him to be quiet then I won’t ask you anymore.. please Daehyun...” I beg at him and I know I’m not suppose to do so far like this way cause my heart start to pound down in my chest. I hug his arm a little, slightly shake them.

“What's with you guys?” suddenly Youngjae says with smirk when he saw our position on the couch.. He has already stopped laughing as he sits back onto the couch with his eye glue on us. He lifts his eyebrow to us.

“is there something that I don’t know, Kyungmi? You guys really real dating?” He looks at Daehyun then at me with suspicion. I don’t know. Did he really serious with his question? because he does know that we just having a fake relation.

I press my lip together, no word has come out of my mouth. Daehyun suddenly snorts then push my forehead with his finger, making me release  his arm. He shows his frustration face at us which make me confuse. Is he frustration about Youngjae’s word or my sudden action against him?

“You both..ahh.. really... seriously, What's wrong with you guys? You, kyungmi!. you always stuck with him wherever he goes and today you guys are just being such a ..Just talk to him,already!!! I don’t care. I want the two of you fix this back before I start to piss off and no hesitate to kick both of you out of my house!!” Daehyun harshly run his finger through his hair as get up of the couch.

“And you Youngjae, stop with your nonsense. She still my fake girlfriend and nothing can change that but me. Gosh I don’t have any idea how do you found out about this and I don’t want to know.” He points his index finger toward Youngjae before turning around, walking to the stairs going upstairs.

“What’s.. wrong with him? I was just teasing him ” Youngjae blinks on his spot, trying to understand his friend’s odd behavior. Then he move his gaze toward me who is stand in silence, without move ever an inch.

“Yah..” he begins to speak up but I've already lifted my hand up to him, asking him to stop. I think my brain just separated  from my body until I can’t even use the brain properly to think. I try to progress everything Daehyun’s word into my brain. His word just makes me realize that I’m really his unreal girlfriend but it doesn’t mean he has to control me. Why I’m too fool to realize that.

“...nothing can change that but me” those lines of his word, totally make me hurt. That’s why he always does whatever he like. He just control me.

I take some breath then walk away, leaving the living room. I need air, I really need some air that can make me feel better.Ignoring Youngjae, I stroll to the glass window then slowly open it, step out to go to the small garden. I don’t know that his house has this such a beautiful garden. There are a lot flowers and I can see a homemade fountain too.

I arrange the step toward the fountain, looking down. There are a lot fishes inside of the water and I can’t help but stare at it as smile starting to form on my mouth. The atmosphere seems calm and peace as make me  forget everthing that mess into my mind earlier.

“Hey..I’m sorry..” Youngjae’s voice suddenly grabs my attention as I turn around to look at him, smiling. He stares at me for a while with a frown, trying to study my expression. I know he must be weird when he look at my smiling face all of sudden.

“it’s okay but I’m still sulking with you”I say  then pout a little, reminding him about his sibling relation with Kyungmi.

“Gosh, What are you? How could you change so dramatically” Youngjae points his short finger toward my face while showing his shock face, unbelievable. He couldn’t believe that my mood can change up and down at one time. 

I grin at him.

“Whatever” then, I roll my eye response to his word before turning around again, facing the fountain.

 I’m about to breathe the air again but when suddenly my body has been spun by someone from behind and the second thing I already in his embrace, startled. He hugs my head, bringing them to his chest.

“Yah what are you doing?”I nearly shouted and trying to push him away but he is too strong as he hugging me even move. When I’m about to raise my head up, he quickly blocking me with his hand as push them to his chest again.

“I know. You’re not okay. Kyungmi I know it but please don’t mind with Daehyun’s word. He really didn’t mean to” Youngjae pleads as down my hair in gentle.

“You’re really his best friend” I mutter. my lip curls into smile instantly while hearing the sound of his heart beat against my ear. You’re really kind Youngjae. You always do understand me.

“Yah, are you trying to take advantage on me, Youngjae?” I playfully say, refuse to bring this topic again. I use with all my strength then quickly push him away. He ends up release me, dumfounded.

“What did you say? who you think I am?” Youngjae exclaims, pretend to get angry.

“A ert!!” I shout then ready to run when I see Youngjae start to arrange the step for chasing me. I can’t help but run around the small garden along with laughter. Youngjae plays along as he playfully chases me.

but

They don’t know that someone has been watching them all the moment from above. He stand on the balcony with so many thought plays in his mind. His eye never left on them since earlier as if he is like a spy or something. However, no expression is shown on his face right now like usual and for a moment he manages to run his gaze away from them before looking up to the sky.