Chapter 7

Love Is Confusing Me


As soon as we are walking down the street, no one say a word. After youngjae told me about 'Daehyun's strange behavior'. I just shut my mouth. I only can think as an ashamed start to feel up inside me. That was super embarrassing to me. Is Daehyun trying to play with me?

Not only that, I also feel shamed on Youngjae. He must laugh at me now. I take a heavy sigh as trying to calm myself. I have to think positive and don't want to jump into my own conclusion. Suddenly I start to get angry at him. Why didn't he just tell me the truth so that I will not let him eat my awful cooking, instead I could order him the other food outside.

Many feelings that I feel right now. Sometimes I feel happy that Daehyun was gentlemanly, didn't tell me because he doesn't want me to be sad but at the same time I'm mad yet embarrassed to him. I'm confused. Really confused.

I stop immediately, after noticing that we're already arrived in front of my house. I turn my head to the side to see Youngjae. I open my mouth but once again no words are coming out from it. Youngjae shakes his head when he sees my reaction. He raises his hand then pat the top of my head softly.

"Don't think so much about him. Someday you will understand him. You know what? Sometimes, I also can't understand him" He says then giggle a little by his words. I let out a small chuckle but inside I doubt about what just he said. Is that true? Should I believe him?

I stare at him about two secondss then nod my head. I don't know why, but I've already felt comfortable with him. In fact, we just know each other today. He seems different and easy to make friends. 

"Now go inside. It's already late" He tenderly say as start to messing my bangs bravely. I pout when I see my hair getting messy by him.

"Yah!" I smack his head. After earnning the smacked from me, he groans in pain then give me a sharp glance. He gives me the What-The-hell look. I smirk then stuck my tongue out toward him.

"Aish this kid!" he pretends wanting to hit me with his knuckle but I already run away toward my doorway.

"Bye, Youngjae!" I shout then quickly shut my door, afraid that Youngjae will attack me.

"I'm home!" I exclaim then stroll to the living room as slam my on the couch.  Suddenly something pop out from my mind. I instandly stand up then go looking for my mom. I stroll to the kitchen then saw my mom is cooking in the kitchen. I silently walk toward her then hug her from behind. She get shocked and immediately turn around so that she can see me who's grinning with showing my full white teeth. 

"Oh you already home, why are you late today?" She smiles then turning back to her work, washing vegetables in the sink. I don't know what should I say to her instead I start to massage both of her shoulders like I always do, but unexpectedly earning a rough whine from her as soon as my hand touches her skin. Seems like she is groaning in pain. She immediately shuts with her palm after realizing what just she did.

"Why are you groaning? did something happen when I was not here?" I ask her suspiciously. Her back is facing me.

"I..It's nothing" She takes about a few seconds to answer me back. I know something was happening to my mom. I turn her shoulders around to face me but she just looks down didn't dare to look into my eyes. I snort silently.

"Please, mom don't lie to me" I say as hoping she will tell me the truth. I love my mom. I don't want anyone hurt her. I grab her shoulders once again and like a minute ago she groans again but this time in a low voice. I can't take this anymore. I don't want to be rude but I have to. I instantly grab her collar shirt to take a look on her shoulder and get shocked when I see her bruise shoulder on the left. My eyes start to tear up. I hurt, I hurt when I see this.

"Did he do this to you?" My tears already running down on my cheeks. My mom didn't say anything, she just keeps silent as looking at my face. 

"Answer me, mom! Did that bastard do this to you?!!" I yell in anger, when I see no response has come from my mom. She shakes her head for many times, denying.

"Kyungmi-ah. He is your father. It's not nice to say like that to him.." My mom softly reminds me, wanting me to get calm.

"NO, He's not my father!! He is someone who likes to gamble around and just come back here only to get the money from us!! What kind of father he is? Where is his responsibility for us? As a father, as a husband? Where!?" I pause as try to take a breath. The tears seem didn't stop from falling down. I feel my chest tight.

"Stop defending him, mom.. he didn't even think about us, didn't even care about us at all.. He is full of selfish..." My voice start to become softer. My mom slowly comes near me then drag me into her embrace, trying to calm me down. she keeps saying sorry to me as crying along with me.

That's my father. He isn't like the other father who would like caring about his family. My father is different, he didn't go to work but like to gamble here and there more. Not just like that, He would go back home only to get the money from us . Also, if we didn't give him the money he is going to be violent toward my mom and forcing her to give the money. Of course the money he got he will use to gamble again.

But there's unsettled. I never be there when he was hitting her. It's usually I discovered after I saw the bruised already formed on her body. She just crying over my father's name which I believe he is the one capable to do this.

~~~

After crying with my mom, I lazily hop upstairs to clear up myself. Suddenly Daehyun's name pop out in my mind. I let out my phone then start to type text messages to him while strolling to my bedroom. I don't know why but My heart is curious why he didn't tell me the truth.

To: My fake boyfriend

Hey Daehyun, Let's cancel one of the rules about 'I'm going to cook for you.'
I just found out about my worst food that I cooked for you earlier
I don't want to make you sick because of my bad cooking.
beside, I don't want you to pretend like my cooking is good but actually not.
How about it? can you cancel it?
by the way, I wonder why did you lie to me?
just tell me the truth. 

I slam my on the bed then press the button of 'send' to his number. I wait for him to reply me back, but he still don't give me any response. I tap my phone on my lap as waiting for him again.

Why he didn't reply? I start to send him text message again.

 

Hello? are you asleep already ?
How is it?

 

I'm still waiting for his reply but my phone don't like showing a sign to vibrate at all. seem like him have been ignoring my messages. I start to get impatient and attacking him with the text again.again. and again.

 

Yah! Don't ignore my message!
I want your answer! 
Now!

 

It's still early, and I know. You are not sleep yet, right!
Please give me the answer, so that tomorrow I don't have to come to your house again.

....

Daehyunie~~,Daehyunah~~ Daehyun paboo~~
Where are yoouuuuu.....??????
Are you forgetting the key password on your screen phone?

 

Finally I give up as throw away my phone on my bed. That jerk! I think, he goes to the club or something? Maybe he is having fun with his other girls. I snort as grab my towel on the chair then walk to my bathroom to get the shower.

I've done showered myself then quickly put on my pyjamas. I immediately go downstairs to have a dinner with my mom. We have a dinner while chatting and we already forget about what just happened earlier. I don't want my mother to feel sad that's why I didn't ever bring up about my father in our conversation.

After done having a dinner, I go upstairs back and decide to do my homework. About an hour, my homework already finished. I quickly make my way to my bed and laying my body on them. I didn't off the lamp beside the bed yet and just let them on. I grab my phone beside me only to see if Daehyun replies me or not but still no sign of message from him. I'm about to put back my phone on the table but suddenly my phone vibrates. I quickly look at the screen.

"Finally!" I exclaim in joy, when I got the message from him.

Why took him so long? Ignoring my own question, I quickly press open to see the message body, hoping he will gives the positive answer but instead..

 

Girl!! seriously!!! Don't you have a better work to do??
Stop texting me!!!
YOU!!
GO SLEEP NOW BEFORE I GET YOU AND kill you
!!!

 

"THAT'S ALL ?! I've been waiting for him to reply for real long AND he replied me just because he wanted to ask me to go to SLEEP!! He's not my mom!! I want his answer not his stupid order!!" I mumble as I throw my phone away, getting annoying by his ridiculous message. I'm laying on my side which I start to hit the bed repeatedly when suddenly my phone vibrate once again. Because of too angry, I grab the phone roughly. I lazily read the message and this time my anger slowly fades away then replace with something feeling that I never know.

 

 

I'm sorry ,okay. Now go to sleep. It's already late.
Tomorrow we will discuss about this..
just..... go to sleep

Good nite girlfriend..

 

 


 

I've updated it ^^, 

are you guys waiting for my update?
I hope no.. Hahaha