Chapter 25

Love Is Confusing Me

 


 

“Stop, I’m tired already” I state as lift up my palm to Youngjae in surrender. I bend down and place both of my hand on my knee, trying to get some breath. I glance at Youngjae and seems like he is panting as well like me.

He looks up and catch me staring at him, he snorts "you started it first, why are you running away from me?!"

"because you seem like wanted to chase after me" I grin,giving him a nonsense answer. He hisses on his spot, totally done with me.

"That's because you call me a ert!" he exclaims, don't want to give up.

"Whatever" I roll my eyes.

before he could say another word ,I quickly drop myself down onto the green grass, resting my back on the grass as facing the sky above me.

Youngjae can't help but curls his lip into a thin smile immediately when he sees me lying down on the grass in relax. He slowly steps forward to my direction before dropping himself too right next to me, copying me. He puts both of his hands under his head then try to take the air that surrounding us.

I turn my head to the side and then both of us instantly exchange the friendly smile to each other before turning my head again, looking up into the sky. The sky looks slightly yellow and make me realize that it goings to be night sooner or later. 

Youngjae didn't say any of words instead be quiet beside me, probably don't want to ruin this moment. We stay in this position about a few minutes before Youngjae abruptly break the silence between us.

"Are you alright now? are you not getting mad at Daehyun, right?" He carefully asks, don't want me to feel uneasy by his word.

I slowly let out a light sigh before answering him. "No,Why would I?"

"Are you sure?" Youngjae turns his head to me, seem like don't believe with me. what is he expecting, exactly?

"yes" I simply give him an answer, without ever want to get off my gaze from the sky and then I hear Youngjae makes a small sigh as look up again into the sky.

I awkwardly laugh, trying to push my weird feeling away, why he has to bring about him now? it's not like I don't want to care about him or what but I just don't feel right with my heart whenever Daehyun's name appear or greet my ear. 

For me, Daehyun is the weird person that I've even met in my entire life and even since he appeared in my life. All I know, he could be a nice guy sometime but then change into a weird guy again. he is just really hard to predict whatever he does or say and make me wonder is he only being like that in front of me or to anyone who around him either.

"Daehyun..." Suddenly his name escape from my lips as I instantly pull Youngjae's attention to me. Youngjae raises his eyebrow and wait for my next word, his eyes straightly on my calm face right now. 

"...is he really a human?" I spit out a nonsense question to Youngjae. Youngjae narrows his eyes to me before bursting into laugh. he gets up  immediately and make a sit position on the grass. he turns his limb to me while crossing his leg as well, facing me who is still lying on the grass.

​"Of course he is a human , what do you think he is exactly? an alien?" his says along with a laugh as his cheekbone show up across his face. I bite my lower lip, unsure.

"yes" I innocently admit with my straight face. Youngjae can't help but laugh again uncontrollably as I silently hiss on my spot, annoying with his laughter.

"how come you say like that to him? huh? You're funny..you know." he shakes his head amusing, while slowing down his laugh.

" Yah, Don't laugh! , I just don't understand him. he is.. he is just something..yeah..something"I nod at my word as glance at youngjae once. 

"Something? what do you mean by something?" Youngjae brightly asks, interesting with this topic all of sudden. He folds his elbow down on his lap while resting his chin on his palm, looking down to me.

"He is creepy sometime, if you could see it." I say in a low voice as I don't know how to explain to him.  Youngjae starts to frown, don't get it what am I talking about.

"I mean, the way he was acting, speaking or thinking sometimes creep me up and I couldn't figure out what actually he means" I try my best to make him understand. he takes about a few minutes before nodding his head. seems like he is hesitation with my word.

"it is just felt horrible wherever I was around him. that's all I could say." I say again then take some air for a moment.

"I think you're overthink about him, kyungmi. let's just don't think about this anymore, okay? Don't miss your mind with things you are not sure." Youngjae persuades, attempting to get my mind free. 

I just remain silent, didn't say anything else or nod or shake my head at him. All I do right now, just stare blankly into the sky. hearing his word, make me believe that Daehyun just show his strange side only to me and not to his close friend. is daehyun expecting something from me? I have no clue.

Youngjae suddenly gets up and stand on his feet, then reach out his hand to me. "let's go in. we're been here pretty long. I want to continue watching the movie again" he smiles and I can tell through his voice that he is getting excited again with the movie we have been watching earlier. 

I slowly shake my head, ignoring his hand in front of me. "You go first, I want to stay for a little bit."

"Okay, if you say so" he nods and let his hand down to his side. he didn't say anything else as if he wants to give me some space to fix my mind again. I give him a thin smile then send him with my eyes when he starts arranging the step to the door.

Right after his figure disappear from my sight, I quickly make a huge sigh and then shut my eyes to rest my mind a little. There is slightly wind hitting my whole body as I just let the wind take my thought away from my mind. 

For a moment, suddenly I feel something like wet and cold against my left cheek and I quickly shot eyes open to look at the things beside my face. 

"Ah, you're scaring me!" I almost shout, placing my hand on my chest with my wide eyes.

"What are you doing here? how come you get in?" I slow down my voice as stare at a white cat beside me.The cat that I just met infront of Daehyun's door earlier. she lets out a cute sound to me.

"did you live here too? are you Daehyun's pet?" I ask again to her as if she will reply me as well. She just looks at me then her hand, cutely. I bite my bottom lip for being stupid, talking to the cat. I can't help but lift her up then place her on my stomach. seem like she doesn't give the sign to get off instead laid her body comfortably above me.

"you're so nice. I like you!" I happily states,

My lips instantly form into a wide smile and caressing her fur slowly. I shut my eyes again and the second things I'm already in dreamland.

 

....

 

I shot my eye open instantly as woke up in surprise. I get up from lying and then bump into something on my forehead hardly. The impact I got on my forehead make me fall down again.

"Ouch! what the hell is that?!" I shout as whine in pain. I bring my palm to my forehead for brush them a little before glancing up. I gasp when I see at the thing I just bumped. There is Daehyun who is sitting near me, rubbing his forehead too. 

What is he doing here? and What the hell he is so close with me?! I mentally shout when I see his position is really close with me. close enough. Very close enough for me to feel his manly scent.

I look around me and realize that I'm not on the grass anymore. "What happened?! where am I now?!" I ask almost shout.

"My house, Pabo! Aish you're noisy. don't you know that your head is hard like a rock!" He exclaims in annoying, his hand still rubs his sore forehead. I Ignore his nags as get up immediately then notice that I'm already on the couch in his living room.

who bring me here? I blink then turn my gaze at him back.

"I know, but what are you doing here? are you trying to do something bad to me?" I ask then quickly close my chest with both of my hands, giving him a scare look. His hand slowly falls down from his forehead to his side then his eyes search my eyes abruptly. he remains quiet all of sudden which make me frown this time. is he really wanting to do something to me while I was sleeping earlier? am I right?

The atmosphere suddenly turns into silent and his eyes never off of mine either which make me feel uneasy. He seems study me right now.

"Ha.ha.ha.." I awkwardly laugh, "You're not, right?, cause I'm already woke up and you won't able to do anything to me yet. fortunately, I woke up just in time" I force a smile then wait for his reaction.

"Yeah.. you woke up just in time....really just in time" His voice finally out of his mouth then runs his gaze away from me. I nod my head in agree, but deep inside of my heart I feel something else, something that doesn't feel right. I bite my lower lip.

"Where is youngjae?" I change the topic when I realise that Youngjae is not around here. Daehyun looks at me again.

"he just left this house, going home" He calmly replies me. My eyes grow wide then stand up immediately, pushing Dahyun's body away.

"What!? What time is now?" I Impatiently ask, start to panic. how dare he left me here with this guy!

"it's nine already" he makes a poker face, showing his bored face to me when I keeps screaming and asking him here and there. I snort in my spot.

how long I have been sleeping here? it is night now, unbelievable! .I thought. 

"I have to go now" I say to him then quickly grab my backpack on the other couch but when I'm about to arrange the step, suddenly I see Youngjae stand not really far between the door and living room, completely unmoving.

"Youngjae!" I call out his name an instant. He gazes not on me instead to his friend who is now staring at him too. They exchange the look that I never know. I turn my head to glance at youngjae and he seems like lost person in the first time. 

"I thought, you already left" Daehyun says and he is the one who breaks the silence between them and his voice sound restless a little. I blink, what is wrong with both of them,anyway?

Youngjae immediately snaps from his deep thought right after hearing his friend's voice.

"I left my phone" Youngjae horizontally say then run his gaze to me this time "You're up"

"Yeah.." I admit and before Youngjae could walk forward, I quickly walk to the coffee table then takes his phone since the place was near where am I standing right now. I jog to his direction then hand him his phone.

"Can you take me home?" I ask him, almost sounds begging. He takes his phone in my hand then look up to me. he flashes me his smile but his smile look terrible a little. his face seems to more  confuse than I thought. he glances at Daehyun once through my shoulder before looking at me again.

"Okay" he simply replies and turn around, stepping to door direction. I just follow him from behind without even dare to glance at Daehyun behind me. Both of us exit from Daehyun's house, heading to youngjae's car. At the moment, when I'm about to reach his car suddenly a white cat approach me while letting out a crying sound. 

I stop immediately on my track, looking down and found that the cat is rubbing her body on my leg. My small lip curls into a wide smile instantly as I kneel down to care his fur for a while. 

"Yah, Kyungmi-ah, hurry up" Youngjae's voice echoes around. he just found out that I'm not following him anymore.

"wait a minute!" I shout back to him who is already getting into his car.

"I'm sorry, I have to go now. we will meet again. I promise" I softly say to the white cat. I start to get up, straighten my body up, and begin to walk again but seem like she wants to follow me again, probably think that I want to take her somewhere.

I make a huge sigh, don't know what to do anymore . then, suddenly my eyes catch someone's figure who is standing in the doorway, calmly. I've no choose instead lift the cat up into my hand then run to Daehyun. I quickly hand him the cat.

"I believe this is your"I confidently say to him. he didn't say anything instead take the cat from my hand and bring her to his chest. I nod and make a thin smile to him before turning around, I run toward Yougjae's car and hop immediately into his car.

"Let's go" I say to Youngjae.

 

......

 

The atmosphere around the car is filled with the silent and awkwardness all of sudden. This is the first time Youngjae being quiet, he either didn't say a single of word since the car move. I glance at him with the corner of my eyes, seems like he is thinking of something but still his eyes didn't left from the road in front of him.

I'm debating with myself whether to ask him or not. it is because his confuse face makes me wonder what exactly on his mind right now. at last, I just let him be as I turn to the side, looking out of the window. 

For a moment I hear him mumble something. like " Now I get it, but still I don't understand" he speaks quite loud without him knowing.

"Youngjae, are you alright?" I look at him again then aske in concern and at the same time I can't hide my curiously to him.

"Yeah.. don't mind me. I'm just talking with myself" He timidly look at me but then turn his head forward again. I raise my eyebrow to him.

"What's wrong? are you bothering with something?" I ask him again, having a big hope that he will tell me. He stays quiet for a moment which make me being curious even more.

"Not really important. it's just, you are remind me of someone I know" he suddenly states but never look at me this time.

"Really? who?" I pay full attention at him but he just shakes his head, refusing to tell me.

I secretly let out a grunt as I pinch my nose once in uneasy.

"Can I know, Who carry me into the house a while ago?" I change the topic and ask him the other question.

"Daehyun" He casually replies.

"Then, what had happened when I was sleeping earlier?" I try to trap him. I really want to know, what exactly make him turn into like this. He starts to open his mouth again and I know that I still have the hope that he will tell me what is playing on his mind.

"Nothing's happened" he casually says, making my shoulder fall down immediately, losing all my hope. finally, I give up then look out of the window again. Seem like he really doesn't want to tell me at all.

I make a heavy sigh as rest my head on the window.

"You're right.." Youngjae's voice once again echoes around the air, grabbing my attention as well. I didn't bother to turn my head to him instead just glance at him with the corner of my eyes, waiting for his next word.

"..Daehyun is creepy" He make a deep sigh and still focus on the road, I startled on my spot with his unexpectedly word. I look at him in disbelief as I turn the whole of my body to him, facing him who is now looking blank and empty.

"What make you change your mind so dramatic?" I curiously ask, Youngjae being quiet again and this time no need to tell me twice because he'll never answer me.

 

 


 

hi guys,

I've updated.

I sorry for late updating my story. I'm just finished my trial.

Anyway, what Daehyun do until make his friend changed his mind all of sudden? and what he wants to do to Kyungmi? hmm..

I'm glad he wants to smile again. :)