Chapter 1

Love Is Confusing Me


Walking alone in the big shopping mall isn't the weird thing. It's a normal thing for someone like me. Why? because I have no friends to hang out together. My life is simple, no one didn't dare to bother me.  Actually, I have friends but they are not that close with me, they just talk whenever they want then they will leave me alone by myself again. So, yeah.. I'm basically being used when they need me.

A light breath left my mouth.

With school uniform still on me, I walk down through the shops one by one. Honestly, I'm not the type to waste my money for the shopping, but I do love to hang out by myself. That's like my habit ,going somewhere after back from the school. After one hour wandering in the shopping mall, I go out and stop by the park near my house. It took me about ten minutes riding a bus.

Once I arrived there, I take a seat on one of the benches around here. My eyes lingers around and there's starting to fill a lot of people, mostly families. Then, I pull out my phone from my pocket to snap some pictures around me, when I found some nice natural things. Suddenly, I spot this guy who is talking with a girl that not far away from here through my phone camera, seem like they're a couple. Hmm. 

"I think I've met this guy before. but where?" I mumble, after noticing his face. I lower my phone down and watch it with my own eyes. Apparently, I keep on staring into his face, trying to figure out who is he actually. But, out of the blue, he turns his gaze at me back. Maybe, he had noticed that someone is looking at him at the moment. Our eyes meet for about a few seconds and quickly I look away, getting shocked by the way he stares at me. There's like a laser pointed straight on me.

"Jung Daehyun..." His name escapes from my mouth in a whisper way.

Who is it?

Actually, he's one of the popular guy in my school and quite famous among female students. Well, to be honest, I don't really know about him that much but the rumors say that he is the biggest player in our school. The fact that the girls always around him, definitely showing that he is a playboy. I've seen him once, sitting in the canteen school and around him was surrounded by diva girls or Queenka.

I try to glance at him once again and gasp, surprising because now he is walking in my direction. I focus my eyes back to the other thing other them him and then pretend like I'm playing with my phone instead, as if nothing happened.

For about a few seconds, The voice greets my eardrum.

"Kyungmi.." My eyes enlarges instantly. I know his voice. Don't tell me..

Did he called my name just now? how did he know my name?

I mentally ask to myself.

I'm starting to be panic as I grip down my phone in my palm hard. I gulp once before slowly look up at him with my beating heart. He's not alone but the girl who was talking with him a while ago is standing beside him either with kind of annoying face. I don't understand.

"Yes.." I force a smile to him, being polite as ever I could do it. Indeed, I begin to feel nervous now. My conscience is saying that something bad is going to happen soon.

And apparently it turns out right.

Suddenly he grabs my hand then pull me beside him, he quickly wraps his hand around my waist to make me close to his body. My eyes become wide by his dramatic action which giving me a electric shock all over my body. His aura is strong, and I never feel this way before.

"This is my girlfriend, see, I didn't lie to you. Do you believe me now?" He calmly states to the angry girl in front of us, making me snap right away. This time my jaws hang in shocked. I can't believe with what just I heard right now.

What is happening now? I mentally thought. This situation just left me speechless because I have no idea.

Confusing and restless, I start to struggle to get free from his hand. This is utterly wrong.

But thing goes the other way when his voice vibrates against my ear again..

"Please stay still or else.." He whispers under his breath right near to my ear, which make me froze in my spot. The sound of his voice, sounding a bit desperate or only me, but I shrug it off, For a moment, I really want to cry right now.

"No! I still can't believe you, Oppa" The girl bursts while shaking her head in disbelief, her face is tense. Then, I heard Daehyun makes a small sigh. 

"Why? Just why are you so hard to believe me? Stop chasing after me already." He squeezes a little the side of my waist which making me turn and stare on the side of his face.

"What is your name again? Hani. Ok listen, This is my girlfriend and I love her so much." He drops his hand on my waist before sliding down to my hand. Slowly, his finger intertwine with mine. I flinch a little as he grips my hand to show that we're really a real couple. I can see that girl's face changed immediately upon seeing our hands. 

I quickly runs my gaze again to the girl.

"Ugh..." I want to say something but the girl instantly gives me a deep yet sharp stare, So, I shut my mouth tight. her gaze runs to our hands and Daehyun's face, up and down.

"Fine!" She snorts hardly, focusing back to Daehyun's face. She finally gives up as turning around, leaving me with Daehyun. Both of us just watch her walking away without saying any of words. 

There's a moment of silent before I turn my head to the side, facing him in rage yet half-confused.

"You! What's now!!? I don't even know who you are.. how come I was your girlfriend?! Why you have to involve me in your problem? Don't joke around with me. I don't like it!" I burst out as I snort in frustration. I quickly yank my hand back from his as I give him a serious stare. I just don't like people easily making fun of me, that's why I don't have friends because I'm not easily trust people around me.

Strangely, he just keeps silent while watching me get angry at him.

"And one more thing, how did you know my name?" I ask him curiously, titling my head a little. He stays silent for about a few seconds, before pointing his index finger toward my backpack, which making me look at my backpack right away. My face turns red instantly as I realized that my name is obviously written on the key chain. 

"Oh" I've no idea what should I say afterward. Maintain my cold face, At last, I just simply shrug and turn around.

But seeing me about to walk away from him, his hand quickly grabs my wrist to stop me. I look at him, frowning.

"What?" I say lazily to him. I have to go home now. It's already getting late. The sky is turning yellow.

"I've not done yet with you." He states to me in a serious tone. I narrow my eye to him, reply back his eye contact in brave. For a moment, I start to be stubborn and trying to release my hand from his grip. He just makes me to feel suffocated by his skinship which I'm not used before. I don't want to be an easy girl.

"Do I look like I care? for me, I've done with you and there is nothing to talk about" I casually say while struggling hardly when he squeezed more my wrist.

But the luck not always on my side when suddenly a glimpse of phone drops down on the ground, the battery thrown out of the phone and I didn't realize I've stepped on it which making me stop my movement immediately, It's for sure not mine because I know what my phone look alike and my phone still safe in my grip.

Bluntly, That's belong to this guy.  I look down and stare blankly at the broken phone on the ground before quickly moving my feet away and wordless.

Oh

I bite down my lower lip. I've made his phone broken in this kind of situation.

Why? Just Why?

I hardly swallow my saliva down my throat once as slowly look up to see his face.

Guess what??

He smirks at me.

Ok. Great.

I'm dead.