4minute Debuts!

Scandal in the Cube

 

Jihyun’s POV

It’s time.

There’s no turning back.

We have to give it our all.

 

I was sitting in the waiting room with the rest, waiting quietly to be called.

Just a week ago, our manager oppa, Jaemin oppa, informed us that there are officially 6,000 people registered in our fansite. All of us were excited and can’t wait to perform for our fans. We practiced even harder than usual, with only 3 hours to sleep every day. However, due to the heavy amount of practices, I sprained my leg (mainly due to the split).

Being the leader of the group, I know I have to keep it from my members to save them from worrying for me.

Ouch, it hurts.

I rubbed my thigh lightly, trying to soothe the pain.

“4minute needs to go backstage and get ready now.” A guy came in and informed us.

“Ok!! Let’s do a cheer before we go out.” Jiyoon put her hand out and everyone stacked their hands on top.

“4minute! 4minute! Hwaiting!” We cheered. Everyone felt very energetic after the cheer and I was glad that no one noticed.

 

Gayoon’s POV

I was feeling nervous when we waited for our turn to go up on the stage. I shivered on the thought of stepping up and facing the audience. I have worked very hard for this, I know all the others have worked hard too.

Especially Jihyun.

I took a glance at her left leg and sighed.

Yes, I knew it since she first injured herself. She has been trying to suppress her pain during these few days so as not to let us notice. I understood her intentions, and that was why I did not point it out.

I do hope she’ll be fine…

 

Hyuna’s POV

Just before we walked out the room, I received a call.

“Anonymous” calling….

Who is it?

Feeling very curious, I pressed the button “Answer”.

“Hello?”

“Hi, Hyuna. I’m AJ oppa.” A voice answered.

What? AJ? Why is he calling now?

“Erm… Wazzup?” I tried to remain my composure by lowering my voice.

“Haha, nothing much. Just remembered that you’re debut stage is today.” He chuckled.

“Erm, ya. Hey, I got to go now. Talk to you later.” I was about to put down my phone when he suddenly spoke.

“Wait. I just wanna say good luck to you and I’ll be watching you from home. Hwaiting!! Hyuna is Jjang!” He shouted on the phone and I blushed when the other members looked at me.

“Thanks, AJ oppa. I’ll do my best.” I replied quickly and threw my handphone to Jaemin oppa.

 

“Who’s that?” Jiyoon grinned. “Your special somebody?”

Jiyoon started to move towards me with those ‘craving’ eyes (like a child craving for a bed time story).

“Anniya!” I whined and walked in front.

My face feels hot when Jiyoon mentioned AJ oppa as ‘special somebody’.

No. I’m not blushing… I’m… just… angry. Yes! Angry. That’s the word. How would I thought of AJ oppa as my ‘special somebody’?

As if escaping from my crazy thoughts, I walked even faster towards backstage.

 

Nobody’s POV

“AHH!!! 4minute!!! Hyuna!!! Jihyun!!! Jiyoon!!! Gayoon!!! Sohyun!!!” The fans beside me screamed as 5 girls came on stage. They were wearing bright colour costume and what attracts my attention most, was a girl’s ‘ripped tights’?

 Woah, daring colour and design.

“Who are these girls?” I asked a guy beside me.

“Don’t you know? They are the latest rookie group, 4minute.” The guy replied with his eyes sparkling. After a minute, he joins the rest screaming with his cracking high-pitched voice.

A typical fan boy fan-boying over a girl group. I laughed softly.

Suddenly, lights went dim and filming starts.

The background music started playing and strong beats flooded the whole recording studio. I started to get excited too.

“M-I-NUTE 4…” 4minute started chanting and I began to notice every of them.

“Meoli bootuh balggeut ggaji hot issue. Nae modeun gut hana hana hot issue…”
 

They started dancing and I was attracted to their lively image.

A very cool girl group, much wilder than I thought.

Their dance were cute, I was especially attracted to the ‘poking-of-the-cheeks’ action.

I added a few points to my first impression for them.

In the end, I enjoyed the performance so much more than I expected and started to cheer for 4minute too.

Man, the audience reactions were crazy. And I was one of them too.

4minute, you have gotten yourself another fan. ; )