I'm Her Brother, Boyfriend And A Friend (Part 2)

Scandal in the Cube

 

Jiyoon’s POV

I brought Junhyung oppa to my favorite restaurant at the end of the street. It was a small traditional Korean restaurant. During my school days, I often come here to have my meals since I was in close terms with the halmoni and ahjussi. Halmoni was a very nice old lady, she always treated me like her granddaughter and ahjussi was her son.

“Halmoni, Jiyoonnie is here.” I shouted as I pushed the door opened. Junhyung oppa followed me behind.

“Jiyoonnie! I’ve have not seen you for some time!” Halmoni came out of the kitchen immediately and gave me a big tight hug. “What have you been doing? You looked so thin now. Did you forget halmoni?” She complained.

“Anniya, halmoni.” I shook my head. “How would I forget my halmoni! I love you so much.” I aegyo-ed.

Halmoni giggled and pinched my cheeks. She always does that when I aegyo.

“Hi, ahjussi.” I greeted ahjussi who came into the restaurant.

“Hi, Jiyoonnie.” He smiled. “Who is this behind you? Your boyfriend?” He looked at Junhyung oppa who was standing beside me.

“OMO! Jiyoonnie has a boyfriend?!?!” Halmoni exclaimed and quickly went closer to observe Junhyung oppa.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” Junhyung oppa greeted softly and bowed. “My name is Yong Junhyung.”

“Not bad… Not bad…” Halmoni nodded her head and gave a satisfied smile. “Our Jiyoonie does have a good eye for guys.”

“Anniya… He’s…” I was about to speak the truth when ahjussi suddenly interrupt.

“Umma, you finally have a grandson-in-law.” Ahjussi laughed and gave Junhyung oppa a pat on his shoulder, which made him choked. “Your wish has finally come true.”

Halmoni nodded her head and turned to look at me.

“Jiyoonnie arh…” Her eyes were wet. “Halmoni does not wish for anything else, but for you to find a good decent boyfriend.” She wipes off a tear from the corner of her eyes.

“Halmoni…” I stuttered.

“Junhyungie.” Halmoni asked Junhyung oppa. “What would you like to eat?” She led us to a table and passed us a menu.

“Erm…” Junhyung oppa was still shocked from what happened and could not answer her.

“Never mind.” Halmoni took the menu away. “I’ll cook something delicious and healthy. Only for both of you.” She giggled and walked back into the kitchen, leaving both of us behind.

“Hehehe…” I awkwardly smiled at Junhyung oppa who was sitting opposite me. “My halmoni is abit too hyper sometimes.”

“…”

“About the ‘you-are-jiyoonnie’s-boyfriend’ topic.” I bit the straw nervously. “Can we just ‘pretend’ to be a couple for the current time?” I said softly while observing Junhyung oppa’s expression from the corner of my eyes.

“…” He was still sitting there coolly.

“I mean… since we are ‘sisters’, you should help me right?” My voice got softer and softer until the ‘right’ disappeared like air.

“Alright.” He gave a nod. “Only for the sake of your halmoni.”

“Really?!” I was surprised. “KAMSAHAMNIDA!!!”

 

Junhyung’s POV

Now the game starts, Jiyoon.

I planned an evil plot and was beginning to think that I’m a genius.

 

“Since we are ‘couples’ now, we should act like one.” I grinned.

“How?” Jiyoon looked at me, clueless.

“First…” I paused. “You have to sit beside me.”

Jiyoon slowly stood up and sat beside me.

“Then now what, unnie?” She chuckled.

“You should stop calling me unnie.” I rolled my eyes. “Call me Honey. Try it.” I smirked.

“…”

“Try it.” I repeated.

She took in a deep breath and looked like she’s about to jump into the sea.

“…Ho….Ne…y” She stuttered.

“HAHAHAHA…” I burst out laughing again.

“What?!” She pouted her lips.

“Hahahaha… never mind.” I wiped my tears off my eyes. “Just call me oppa then.” I decided to let her off, but her ‘constipated’ face when saying “Honey” was so hilarious.

“Next, was when we were eating…” I took a peek at her expression. “We should feed each other.”

I was satisfied to see Jiyoon’s face turning red.

This girl still sees me as a guy. At least that’s something good.

“Why?!” She whined and pointed towards other ahjussi and ahjummas on the other tables. “They did not do it too.”

I have expected her to say that, so I have already thought of an excuse.

“We are supposed to be a couple who are still in the most loving stage.” I explained without any expression. “Other young couples do that too.” I lied.

“Really?”

“Of course.” I reassured her.

Just then, halmoni came out with a few dishes.

“Kamsahamnida, we’ll eat well.” We thanked her.

I took a spoon of rice and fed Jiyoon. Halmoni, who was still standing at the side of the table, smiled very happily.

“Eat more.” She gave me a thumb up before she left.

“Saw that?” I smirked at Jiyoon who was chewing her rice with much difficulty. She looked as if she can’t even breathe.

“Let’s eat.” She ignored me and started attacking the pork stew soup. “OUCH! It’s hot!” She squealed when she took a sip of the soup.

“HAHA… Are you alright?” I laughed as I passed her a cup of water.

I did not realize that my concern came so instantly that it was like I have done this for her many times before

“Don’t choke on the water.” I patted her back.

What’s wrong with you, Yong Junhyung?

 

Jiyoon’s POV

I almost choked myself to death.

This guy is a ‘sister’.

Why is my heart pounding so hard when he showed his concern for me?

This kind of feeling feels so unusual.

Not like how it feels when Gina unnie took care of me.

I can’t explain what is wrong with my body and face heating up.

Maybe it’s because of pork stew soup, it’s hot.

I took a glance at Junhyung and immediately look away when he looked at me.

Sh*t, I almost choked again.

 

Throughout the whole meal, we kept really quiet. Awkwardly quiet.