Hurt (Part 1)

Scandal in the Cube

 

Hyunseung’s POV

“Are you feeling nervous?” I held Gayoon’s hand. It felt really cold, so I decided to put it into my coat pocket to give her warmth.

“I’m alright…” She sighed. “It’s just… It’s my first time going to this kind of party. What if I mess up?”

“Don’t worry about it.” I smiled. “You looked beautiful today.

“Really?!” Her eyes twinkled upon my compliments. “Thank you.”

 

I stared at her smile and felt guilty once again.

It was her first time to a party, yet this party is just a show.

To show Hyeyoung that I’m already over her, but am I?

What’s worse was that, although Gayoon agreed to act as my girlfriend, I had never been a nice boyfriend to her.

I heard from Hyuna that 4minute girls have never dated before. So that makes me her first ‘boyfriend’.

But throughout this time, she allowed me to make use of her.

The longer the time I spent with her, the more guilty I felt.

“What’s wrong?” Gayoon turned back when she saw me staring into space.

“Nothing. Let’s go in.” I put my hands around her waist and proceeded towards the door.

Once we entered, people started noticing and started gossiping. I knew what they were thinking. They were all YG trainees.

Although I knew that I will be facing these situations if I am coming to this party, but I still came.

Because I’m not that kind of people who runs away from danger or threats.

Suddenly, I felt Gayoon’s hand holding mine.

I looked at her and she nodded.

I smiled and felt thankful that she is by my side at this moment.

 

Gayoon’s POV

I quietly followed Hyunseung around.

Although he did not say anything, but I could feel that he is holding something in.

So I decided to stay by his side quietly to give him some form of comfort.

“Are you hungry? Why don’t we go and get some food over there?” I pointed towards the food table at a corner.

“Ok.”

 

Hyunseung’s POV

I helped Gayoon with her food and was enjoying her accompany.

“Hyunseung oppa.” Hyeyoung appeared out of nowhere suddenly.

“Happy Birthday.” I smiled and passed her a present. “It’s a present for you.”

“Thank you, oppa.” Hyeyoung gave me a hug.

“I hope you like it.” Gayoon said with a smile. “It’s chosen by both of us.”

Just then, Hyeyoung’s expression changes and she glared at Gayoon.

“Hyunseung oppa.” She continued. “I have an announcement to make later.”

“What announcement?” I asked.

I was curious and wanted to know more, but she refused to reveal more about it.

“Oppa…” She aegyo-ed.  “Dance with me.”

I took a look at Gayoon who has been quiet all this while.

“I’m sorry, Hyeyoung.” I wrapped my arms around Gayoon’s shoulder. “I need to accompany my partner.”

“You!” Hyeyoung pouted her lips and stomped away.

 

Gayoon’s POV

I was surprised.

Totally surprised.

Never have I thought that Hyunseung would reject Hyeyoung for me.

“Do you wanna dance?” Hyunseung asked.

I nodded.

 

Hyunseung’s POV

As the slow music starts, I held her hands and led her towards the dancefloor.

“Put your hands on my shouders.” I smiled when I noticed her nervousness.

She was so stiff when I put my hands at her waist.

“Relax.” I whispered.

Gayoon smiled uncomfortably. “I’m just not used to dancing with a guy.”

I laughed.

“From now on… we should practice more.” I chuckled.

Then I saw her blushed.

Gayoon’s a great girl… maybe being with her, wasn’t that bad after all.

“Hyunseung…” Gayoon bit her lips. “Can we… really…”

I was about to lean closer towards her to hear what she said when the lights went out.

 

Gayoon’s POV

Whenever we’re together, my heart races as if it wants to run out of my chest.

I rathered he treated me coldly sometimes, because the nicer he treats me, the more I was afraid that this relationship ends.

Should I ask him?

“Hyunseung oppa…” I looked into his eyes and gathered all my courage. “Can we… really…”

Just then, the lights went out and a spot light shined across the hall onto a small stage in the middle.

It was Hyeyoung.

“Hyeyoung?” I heard Hyunseung mumbled.

“Thank you everybody, for coming to my birthday party tonight.” She smiled sweetly. “It has been such a great time being a trainee in YG. As you all know, I have been a trainee in YG for more than 6 years… and I’m glad to know all of you. Thank you.” She bowed.

Everyone clapped and cheered.

“However..” She continued on. “I’m sad to say… I’m leaving YG soon.”

Suddenly, everyone was shocked and started whispering.

Hyeyoung is leaving YG? Why?

I took a peek at Hyunseung oppa face and saw that he was staring at Hyeyoung with his eyes wide opened.

“Although I may not be in the same company as you guys… I’ll promise that we will meet on the same stage one day.” She ended her speech and left.

When I saw Hyunseung’s gaze followed her out the door, I knew what will happen.

“I’ll be back in a moment.” He said and went off.

 Just as I expected.

When will he start noticing me standing beside him?

I sat on the chair and starting looking at different couples in the room.

A sense of loneliness overwhelmed me.

“Are you from 4minute?” A guy stood in front of me, blocking my view.

I looked up and recognized him immediately.

It was Taeyang.

“Yes, my name’s Gayoon.” I bowed slightly.

“Why are you alone here?” He smiled. “Where’s Hyunseung?”

“He went to somewhere he wanted to go for a long time.” I gave him a bitter smile.

Taeyang looked at me for a while and gave me a pat on my shoulder.

“Do you want something to drink?” He suggested.

“Yes, please.” I nodded.

I do need something to calm myself down now.

 

Hyunseung’s POV

-In the garden-

“Just what are you thinking?!” I pulled Hyeyoung back. “You’ve been in YG for so long! Why are you even thinking of leaving?”

“Why did you care?” She stared at me. “Are you worried for me?”

“I…”

Yes, I’m worried. YG was the first ever company she auditioned for, and she had never been to others.

Although she was rich, but I was worried that other companies may have a motive of accepting her.

“You should reconsider it again.” I sighed. “It’s not that easy.”

I understood how hard it was, to find another company and adapting to a total new environment.

I was in this kind of situation before.

When I first entered Cube, I was mocked and teased by some other trainees who had been there for a long time.

Fortunately, I met those guys. Those people who could understand me.

 

“Hyunseung oppa…” Hyeyoung grabbed my hand. “You’re worrying for me… right?”

I wanted to swing her hand off, but I can’t.

I still can’t bring myself to be mean to her.

“It’s getting late…” I pretended to ignore her question. “I should go back now.”

I took a step, and suddenly, her arms went around my waist from the back.

“Don’t go…” She cried. “Please don’t go… I love you.”

I was stunned.

“Hyeyoung… I…” I was about to reject her when I suddenly hear something behind us.

“Gayoon!” Someone shouted.

Gayoon?

I quickly turned and saw Taeyang chasing a girl.

Did she see us?

Has she mistakened about us?

I wanted to chase after her too, but Hyeyoung ran the other way.

I guess Gayoon should be safe with Taeyang?

 

Gayoon’s POV

I need to run away, as far as possible, from the scene which I feared most.

I thought I would be ready for this, ever since the first day he asked me out and told me his story.

But I was wrong.

I overestimated my ability.

“Gayoon! Wait up!” Taeyang shouted.

But I ignored him.

I was afraid to let him see my face covered with tears.

“Don’t come near me.” I said when I found my road ended at a wall.

“Gayoon?” Taeyang took a step forward.

“Leave me alone…. Please.” I pleaded.

 “Ok…” Taeyang surrendered. “Call me when you need me, I’ll be around here.”

“Thanks…”

 

Taeyang’s POV

I should have tried to stop her, when I noticed something was wrong with her.

 

//Flashback//

“Gayoon… Are you sure you’re ok?” I stared at the emptied glasses on the table.

Gosh, she drank 8 glasses of wine!

“I feel nauseous and uncomfortable.” She moaned. “I need fresh air.”

“Do you want to go out and take a breather?” I smiled.

“Sure…”

I led her out of room and towards the garden.

“This garden is beautiful.” She scanned around. “I wanna sit at that bench!”

She rushed towards the bench and sat down.

I laughed at her change.

It must have been the effect of wine.

“This pair of shoes is so uncomfortable.” She took off her slippers and happily giggling away.

“Gayoon… you’re drunk…” I tried to stop her, but she is behaving too weirdly.

I stared at her innocent smile, and I thought that she looked like a fairy.

 

Just then, 2 female hoobae trainees walked past.

“Did you see Hyunseung oppa and Hyeyoung unnie there? They looked close.” A young girl said to another girl.

 “Didn’t you know? Both of them were couples before.” The other girl said.

I looked at the bench quickly, but Gayoon had started to walk towards the direction where both girls came from.

She left her shoes behind.

I quickly followed her, fearing that something bad may happen.

But I was too late, to protect her.

//Flashback ends//

 

Gayoon’s POV

After crying, my head hurts so much that I leaned on the wall.

“Taeyang…” I called out weakly.

Almost immediately, Taeyang appeared beside me.

I felt so touched when I knew that he has been by my side all this while.

“Can you take me home? Don’t take me to the hospital…” I groaned.

I told him the address and then…

I out.

 

When I woke up, I found myself on my bed with the other members looking at me worringly.

“What happened to you?” Hyuna asked. “I thought you went to a party?”

“Do you know that you’re carried home by Taeyang oppa?!” Jiyoon squealed. “OMG! BIG BANG!!!”

Suddenly, it all came back to me.

“I want some time alone.” I said softly.

Jihyun nodded and led everyone out.

 

Hyunseung’s POV

“Hyunseung, where did you get that bruise on your face?” Doojoon pointed on my left cheek.

“Nothing.” I tried to look as if it was nothing.

But it hurts.

Taeyang must have used a lot of his force on it.

 

//Flashback//

After I had calmed Hyeyoung down, it was already midnight.

So I started walking towards home when I saw a car stopped beside me.

It was Taeyang who came out of the car.

“Taeyang?” I was surprised to see him on my way home.

Then I remembered that he was with Gayoon.

Did he send Gayoon home?

Upon the thought of both of them together, I felt a bit frustrated.

As if he took something away from me without me knowing.

But Gayoon was not even my girlfriend!

I pretended that I did not care and walked towards him with a smile.

“You sent her home?” I grinned. “Both of you sure looked close, I thought…”

Suddenly, Taeyang punched me on my face.

I was shocked.

“If you wasn’t my friend, I would not even bother talking to you.” Taeyang gritted his teeth. “ARE YOU A MAN? HOW COULD YOU JUST LEAVE YOUR PARTNER ALONE DURING THE PARTY?!”

I felt angry too.

“What about you?” I smirked. “You were with her right? In the middle of the night and alone.”

I knew that nothing happened between them, but I can’t stop my anger after being punched.

Taeyang was fuming too. He came forward and grabbed my collar.

“I don’t mind if you said that to me, but don’t you dare to say that to her!” He yelled. “She’s a nice girl.”

“Who do you think you are?” I rebutted. “You just knew her today, right?”

Taeyang glared at me and finally released his grip.

“If I were you, I would treat her so much better. She is that kind of girls who needs protection.” He said before he left.

//Flashback ends//

 

“If I were you, I would treat her so much better. She is that kind of girls who needs protection.”

I thought about what he said last night.

Didn’t I treat her good enough? Didn’t I protect her?

I recalled the time when we first met, when I rescued her from the drunkard.

I felt vexed.

Things have gotten much more complicated than I thought it would be.

If I like her, why do I still feel something for Hyeyoung?

But if I don’t like her, why do I feel jealous when she’s with Taeyang?

Gayoon…

How do I actually feel about her?

Well, I guess there is only one way to find out…