4minute's New Neighbours (Part 1)

Scandal in the Cube

 

Jihyun’s POV

“Hey guys. Come out for a moment.” I shouted when I stepped into the house. It wasn’t before long that all the girls scurried out from their respective rooms and filled the living room.

“Have you heard that the members selected for the new project group?” I flung my bag to the sofa.

“Yeah.” Hyuna replied and stuffed another piece of chocolate into . “I heard that Gikwang oppa is in it.”

“I know, I know. Junhyung oppa’s in it too.” Jiyoon grinned. “I’m glad for him. He got into the same group with his buddy Hyunseung. Kekeke…”

“*Cough* I need to go to the toilet.” Gayoon stood up and walked away.

“My cousin, Dongwoon oppa was chosen too.” Sohyun said softly at a side. “But why must that idiot got in too?” She mumbled to herself.

“I heard that Yoon Doojoon will be chosen as the leader.” Hyuna raised her hand up and announced. I shot a glare at her. “For the time being…Hehehe….” She gave an awkward laugh.

“They will be debuting quite soon.” I paused. “If all 6 of them got chosen…”

Will he make it?

 

Gayoon’s POV

-Next day-

I was awaked by some commotion early in the morning.

Who’s the culprit?

I heard that someone will be moving in next door this week.

I shook Jiyoon who was sleeping on a bed next to mine.

“Jiyoon…. Go check who’s that…” I mumbled. “Ask them to keep quiet.”

I heard Jiyoon groaned before she slowly got off her bed.

“Why must it be me….” She groaned and slowly dragged herself out.

 

Jiyoon’s POV

“Aish… Gayoon is so troublesome….” I complained softly as I made my way towards the door.

I pulled the door open and shouted.

“YA! CAN YOU BE QUIET?! WE NEED SOME SLEEP. THANK YOU!” I yelled and was about to go back in.

“Jiyoon?” A nice male voice came out from in front.

“Huh?” I open my sleepy eyes.

 

Sohyun’s POV

“AHHHHHHHHHH” An unknown scream penetrated into my room and I woke up instantly.

“What’s that?” Hyuna unnie asked me, her eyes widened with shock too.

“I don’t know.” I shook my head. “It sounded like….”

That voice….

“JIYOON UNNIE!” Both of us shouted at the same time.

“She must be in trouble.” I said calmly.

“Let’s go.” Hyuna pulled me off the bed.

 

We immediately dashed out of the room and saw Gayoon unnie and Jihyun unnie coming out of their room as well.

We rushed towards the door to see Jiyoon unnie standing at the door.

“What happened?” Jihyun unnie asked her.

 

Jihyun’s POV

“What happened?” I asked Jiyoon who seems to be dumbfounded.

“Hi Jihyun.”

I looked up to see Doojoon staring at me. The rest of the guys were there too.

“What the…..” I muttered to myself.

Suddenly, the guys giggled at us. I looked at myself again.

OMG… WE’RE STILL IN OUR PYJAMAS AND OUR HAIR WERE MESSED UP!!

I immediately slammed the door shut.

“Everyone…” I calmed myself down. “Let’s get changed.”

 

Within 20 minutes, everyone has washed up and got changed. I took in a deep breath and pulled the door open.

“YOON DOOJOON!” I shouted across the corridor.

Doojoon came out of the house next door.

“Hi again.” He smirked.

“Why are you here?” I glared at him. He was holding some clothes in his hands.

NONONONONONONONONONONONO…. DON’T TELL ME…..

“We’re moving in today.” He announced.

*Face-palmed*

“So you’re the ones moving in today?” I re-confirmed again, hoping that it is just a stupid joke.

“Yes.” He said coldly.

Still the same old answer.

“Hi, Jihyun.” Junhyung popped his head out through the door.

“Hi Jihyun.” Gikwang grinned.

“Hi Jihyun.” Dongwoon and Yoseob shouted at the same time.

“Hi.” Hyunseung gave a nod.

 

“Hi….” Doojoon smirked. “Neighbour.”

I gritted my teeth and clasped my fist.

AHHHHHHH!!! WHY OF ALL PEOPLE!!!!

 

Gikwang’s POV

I was unpacking my stuff and started slotting it into the drawer.

Luckily, I got the lower bunk.

Man, the lights were just on top of the higher bunk.

I took a look around again.

“It’s comfortable.” I smiled in satisfaction.

 

“Gikwang oppa.” Hyuna popped out from behind behind.

“Hi Hyuna.” I greeted her with a smile.

“Do you need any help?” She asked softly. Her eyes were scanning everywhere.

“You wanna take a look around, right?” I saw through her intentions.

She nodded and smiled.

“Alright. Follow me.” I put my hands on her shoulder and led her around the dorm.

 

Yoseob’s POV

“Sohyunnie, do you have an extra broom?” Dongwoon shouted across.

“Yes.” Sohyun answered. In a few seconds, she appeared in front of our dorm with a broom.

“Thanks.” Dongwoon thanked her. She smiled back.

I was sitting on the sofa and staring at them.

*Jealous again*

“Do you need any help?” Sohyun asked him. “I’m very free today.” She looks around at the ‘horrifying’ environment.

Books, clothes and kitchen utensils were lying everywhere. Some of the boxes were not unpacked.

“Is it really ok?” Dongwoon asked again.

“Yup.” She nodded her head. “What should I do?”

“The kitchen utensils need to be put into the cupboard.” He pointed towards the kitchen. “Let me help you.” He carried one of the boxes that has the plates and cups.

I immediately took the box from him.

“I’ll help her. Go sweep the floor first, Dongwoon.” I ordered him once again. Dongwoon unwillingly took the broom and started sweeping away.

“Where should I put these?” I asked Sohyun who was wiping the cupboards. She was standing on a stool since she can’t reach it where.

“Put it there.” She pointed at the floor without looking back.

“Ok.” I obediently laid the box at a corner.

When I walked back, I noticed the stool wobbled a bit and she was about to fall.

“AHH” Sohyun squealed.

“Sohyunnie!” I dashed towards her and grabbed hold of her waist before she toppled over from the stool.

Phew, she almost fell.

Both of us were panting due to the shock.

After a while…

“Thank…you…Yo…Seob..” She stuttered.

“It’s… al….right…” I replied, still shocked from what has happened.

“Erm… Yoseob.” She said softly.

“Yea?” I looked up.

“Your hands…”

I looked at my hands. They were still on her waist. I immediately removed them.

“Opps… sorry…” I smiled.

Sohyunnie’s face was soooo red. Kekeke…

I took out the plates and started washing them. From the corner of my eyes, I can still see Sohyunnie working hard to clean the cupboards. Her long hair was neatly tied up and she was perspiring. I opened the fridge to take a can of apple juice for her.

“Here.” I passed it to her. “Have a rest.”

“Done.” She smiled very happily and stepped down the stool to take the can. She looked very satisfied with her work. Her smile was like an angel.

Once again, I think I fell in love with this little girl again.

 

Doojoon’s POV

I was lazing on the sofa, looking at the other members packing their stuff when Jihyun came in.

“What do you think you are doing?” She looked down at me, with her arms crossed. “Is this what you called ‘leadership’?” She raised an eyebrow.

“I’m done with mine.” I smirked and took a sip from the cup of cold water.

“Oh really?” She said sacarstically. “I’ve told Mrs Yoon (Doojoon’s mom) the address and she’ll be coming here to visit you later this afternoon.” She slowly turns around and walks away.

“WHAT?!” I exclaimed.

Umma’s coming?!

I immediately jumped off the sofa and started packing.

Umma will forbid me to become a celebrity if I can’t take care of myself! Argh!

 

Jihyun’s POV

I laughed while watching Doojoon cleaning the living room.

He’s so hilarious

Can’t he see that it’s a lie? HAHA

DUMB

If I told Mrs Yoon where he lives (which was just my next door), then Umma would come along with her and starts nagging at me.

I won’t be that dumb, would I?

 

Hyunseung’s POV

Why am I in charge of throwing the garbage?

I stared at the 2 big bags of garbage on the floor. Everyone is so busy with other things.

BUT I DON’T KNOW HOW TO GET TO THE GARBAGE DUMP!

I have been standing at the door, lost for 10 minutes.

“Forget it. I’ll find my way eventually.” I hissed and was about to take the bags up.

“Do you need any help?”

 

Gayoon’s POV

I wondered how are they doing?

I took a peek outside and saw Hyunseung oppa standing next door. He looked…. Lost?

After a few thoughts, I decided to approach him.

“Do you need any help?” I asked him softly.

He looked at me coldly. I shivered.

“That.” He pointed towards the bags on the floor. “I need to take it to the garbage dump.”

“Oh…” I nodded. “I’ll take you there.” I bent down to help him with one bag when he suddenly stopped me.

“I’ll take those.” He took both garbage bags alone.

Omo… Is he worried that it’s too heavy for me?

He’s really sensitive and nice..

We went quiet when we took the lift down together. It seemed like this goes forever.

He followed behind me quietly while I led the way towards the nearest garbage dump.

“You can just leave it there.” I pointed at the pile. He threw the bags there.

“Thanks for leading the way.” He said softly.

 

Junhyung’s POV

I was appointed to move those furnitures. THOSE HEAVY BULKY FURNITURES.

Why can’t it be Gikwang? He’s so muscular….

I looked at my thin arms and sighed.

I pushed the table to the side and a screechy sound came out.

“JUNHYUNG AHH” Doojoon shouted from the room. “BE CAREFUL WITH THE FLOOR.”

*Speechless*

Why can’t he help me out with this? *pout lips*

“Junhyung oppa, I can help you with that.” Jiyoon popped out of nowhere.

“You?” I look at her again. “HAHA… It’s okay.” I laughed.

“Never mind!” She smiled brightly. “I can do it.” She patted her arms. “My arms are strong.”

Is she kidding me? Her arms were even thinner than mine.

I ignored her and started pushing the table again.

Suddenly, the table was lifted up by the other end. The whole table looked like it’s going to fly.

“Come on.” Jiyoon said from the end of the table after she put it down. “Let’s lift this together.”

You got to be kidding…. She lifted it so easily…