Gayoon's Saviour

Scandal in the Cube

 

Gayoon’s POV

It was around 7pm when we ended our daily practice and were getting ready to leave.

“Hey everyone, let’s go have dinner at the Korean BBQ restaurant across the road.” Jihyun said. 

“BBQ meat?! YEAH!!! WOOHOO!!!” Jiyoon cheered with her hands high up. I looked at her and giggled.

 

“Anything… I’m hungry.” Hyuna whined as she ‘drop dead’ on the floor.

 

“Why don’t we have chocolate sundae after dinner?” She suggested suddenly. Her eyes were twinkling upon the thought of chocolate.

 

“Hyuna… aren’t you afraid that you’ll get fat?” Jihyun raised her eyebrow.

Hyuna smiled and shook her head.

“Nope… Only carbohydrates make me fat. Chocolates make me happy.” She grinned.

 

“What about you, Sohyunie? Are you going?” Jihyun looked at Sohyun who was drinking water from her bottle.

“Ok.” She answered with a smile.

“Good. Gayoon?” She turned and asked me.

“You guys get going first, I need to ask Mrs Kim about something.” I replied softly.

“About your vocal parts again?” She stared at me.

“Yes… hehehe…”

“Ok... We’ll go there first. Come find us later.” Jihyun said as she signaled others to get going.

I watched them left and took my bag. I walked down the stairs and turned towards a room.

Before I knocked, I heard a voice. Someone was singing an English song in there. I listened closely. The voice was filled with so much sorrow that it made me felt very sad even though I did not understand a single word he sang.

“Good job, go home and practice like this to improve on your feelings. Arasso?” Mrs Kim said.  

“Neh…” a male voice rang from the other side of the door.

Suddenly, the door opened. As I was leaning on the door, I got a shock and jumped away. A guy stepped out and looked at me coldly before walking away. He was Jang Hyunseung.

I immediately recognized him because he was very famous in our batch of trainees. He was previously going to debut with Big Bang but was unfortunately disqualified in the end. He was then transferred to Cube Entertainment as a trainee. I heard that he was very cold to almost everyone except for his close buddies.

My face heated up when I suddenly remembered that he just stared at me.

 I wondered what song was he singing just now? It sounded so touching…

 

“Gayoon? Why are you here?” Mrs Kim asked when she saw me standing outside the room.

I immediately turned around.

“Mrs Kim, I want to ask you about …..”

***

 

After consulting Mrs Kim for half an hour, I realized I was late to meet the others.

“Oh no…. I’m late... Jihyun is going to slaughter me!” I shrieked when I read my watch. I immediately got my stuff and headed out of the building.

When I stepped out of the door, suddenly an unknown man d me. He was reeking of alcohol and smiled lustily at me.

“Hey pretty girl, I see you coming out from this building… are you a star?” He mumbled as he leaned against me.

I screamed and pushed him away. However, as he was putting all his weight on me, I could not even move him an inch.

“Go away!” I shouted and tried to struggle. Suddenly, a hand pulled me away from the drunkard and I fell into an embrace.

I looked up to see Hyunseung oppa glaring at the drunkard.

“Didn’t you hear what this girl said? Scram before I call the police.” He said coldly.

Omo… Hyunseung oppa’s arms held me really tight… *Blushes*

The drunkard squinted at Hyunseung and grinned.  

“Goodbye pretty girl, see you soon.” The drunkard mumbled as he walked unsteadily down the streets.

After seeing the drunkard walked a distance away, Hyunseung let go of his hands.

“Thank you… for saving me.” I said weakly, still shocked from what just happened.

“…”

“Can I give you a treat someday to thank you?” I asked.

Silence.

Ok…. It’s getting a bit….. awkward. Maybe my invitation sounded like I’m desperate to ask him out or something…

“Erm, it’s okay if you don’t want.” I felt rather embarrassed and was beginning to wish that there is a hole or a river in front of me to dive in.

 “…”

He continued staring at me.

OH GOD… I am so embarrassing… Do I look stupid in his eyes or what? TT

“Erm… I better get going now. Haha…. Bye.” I immediately turned around and started walking to a different direction.

“Where are you going?” He asked me suddenly. I was surprised by his question and turn back to stare at him.

“I’m not trying to be a stalker or anything, but I think it’s better if I walk you there, just in case.” He explained, without any emotion on his face.

“Oh, I’m going to the Korean BBQ restaurant across the street.”

After I replied, Hyunseung oppa started to walk towards the restaurant without waiting for me and I immediately hurried behind him with quick little steps.

Hyunseung oppa is really nice… He may seem to be cold on the surface, but he actually cares for others…

I studied his side view to find him really attractive. My heartbeat skipped a beat when I noticed he slowed down a bit to walk beside me.

When we reached the restaurant, he looked at me coldly and just walked off without saying goodbye.

Omo… Hyunseung oppa is so cool… Just like the male lead from a manga… *_*

I was staring at his back as he walked further away and suddenly my phone rang.

“Hello?” I answered.

There was a pause and suddenly Jihyun’s voice burst out.

“WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU?! WE’VE BEEN WAITING FOR AN HOUR!”

“Sorry…Jihyun, something just happened… I’m outside the restaurant now…” I ended the phone conversation and rushed into the restaurant.

 

When I walked into the restaurant, I immediately spotted the 4 ladies sitting at the table. Jiyoon was waving to me happily. As I got closer to them, I glanced at the table and was shocked to see so many empty plates.

WHAT! THEY’RE DONE EATING?!

“Stop staring, Gayoon. You’re late and you should not expect us to wait for you right?” Jihyun smirked.

“Yah, unnie, you were so late…” Hyuna pouted her lips and looked at me pitifully.

“Sorry, I was hungry.” Sohyun apologized.

 “The late one must be punished.” Jiyoon grinned.

“Fine… what punishment?” I asked.

An evil smile appeared on Jiyoon’s face and I am starting to have a bad feeling.

“You shall pay for this meal.” Jiyoon announced proudly.

“BWOH! WAE~” I whined as the other girls cheered.