Unexpected Return (Part 1)

Scandal in the Cube

 

Jihyun’s POV

“Are you done yet?” I knocked on the toilet door. “Yoon Doojoon, we’ll be late for the recording if you don’t hurry up.”

I can’t believe that how a guy can be so conscious about his look that he even spent an hour in the toilet.

“Forgive him, Jihyun.” Yoseob grinned when he saw my ‘pissed-off’ face. “Doojoon takes around one and a half hour to style himself.”

“What?! One and a HALF hour?” My shoulder dropped. “Does this means I have to wait for another 30 minutes?”

I was about to smash the door with my fist when it suddenly opened. Before I could react, I lose my balance and fell into the toilet and right into Doojoon.

“OUCH!!!”

Doojoon rubbed his chest and glared at me.

“Did anyone ever tell you that you’re heavy?” He complained with a smirk. “You should seriously lose some weight.”

“What?! You…” I gritted my teeth and was about to blow up.

Fortunately, Beast’s manager rushed in and stopped us.

“Both of you are late, hurry up.” He panicked and dragged us out.

What am I doing again? Why does this guy always able to make me lose my cool so easily?

 

Doojoon’s POV

I looked at Jihyun’s fuming face and I was really enjoying it.

Somehow, I am beginning to feel that I am an evil person. Just like those evil characters who enjoys torturing others.

But I just could not stop myself from doing it. I just love playing with her.

 

“So what are we recording today?” I asked my manager hyung when we were in the car.

“Today, you’ll be recording in the studio.” He replied as he flipped the schedule book. “It is a talk show about the couples in the dating show which both of you were also in.”

“Really? So he’ll be there too….?” Jihyun mumbled and looked out the window.

 He’ll be there?

Who’s the ‘he’?

No matter who he is, I don’t care. But I am beginning to feel unhappy when I know Jihyun was thinking about SOME OTHER GUY.

She is my ‘girlfriend’ for now, she should not be thinking about other guys other than me.

*Pout lips and looked away*

 

-In the resting room behind the studio-

“HEY YONGHWA!” I smiled at the person who came in and gave him a hug. “You’re filming today too?”

“Yeah… “He smiled shyly and introduced his girlfriend. “This is Seohyun from SNSD.”

Seohyun appeared from behind him and bowed.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Seohyun.” She said softly.

“Hi, I’m Doojoon from Beast.” I gave her a friendly smile.

 “Annyeonghaseyo, Doojoon-ssi.” She smiled and went behind Yonghwa again.

Suddenly, my ‘oppa’ genes came out and I thought Seohyun was so cute

 

“You’re a lucky guy, do you know it?” I looked at him with envious burning in my eyes. “SNSD’s maknae is such a cute and shy girl.”

“But you’re not that bad too.” Yonghwa grinned and looked at Jihyun who was looking at us. “Still say you have nothing to do with her?”

I shot a glare at him.

“Psk, we’re not what you think. We’re just friends.”

But when I saw Jihyun sitting at a corner quietly, she looked so lonely. So I decided to go and talk to her.

 

Jihyun’s POV

“Hey, Nami.” Doojoon came towards me. “Why are you so quiet today?”

“Nothing. I’m just feeling abit moody.” I replied weakly.

I just cannot stop thinking that Yonghwa oppa is so close to me. Never in my dreams did I know that we will meet in such a situation, when both of us were ‘attached’.

Haizz…

“Are you having…. ‘that’ thing?” Doojoon looked at me seriously.

“Are you crazy? NO!” I hit his chest and shouted. Doojoon then yelped and jumped back.

Just then, the others turned and looked at us.

Yonghwa started to burst into laughters and I blushed.

 

 Doojoon’s POV

I saw Jihyun looked at Yonghwa and then she blushed.

Almost immediately, I figured out who was the ‘he’ she mentioned before.

So she’s interested in Yonghwa?! Since when? Since school days?

I was so engrossed in my thoughts and was surprised when a hand tapped my shoulder.

“Please change into these costumes now.” A cody noona passed me a suit.

I stared at the tuxedo blankly.

Since when am I supposed to wear this?

I quickly took the synopsis of today’s episode and the big title shocked me.

“If We Were To Get Married” Specials

Oh… My… Gawd

A marriage special?

I am not prepared for this topic…

*Shocked*

“Please hurry up and change.” The noona pushed me into the changing room and proceed to helped the girls who went to another room to change.

After 15 minutes, I was done and was standing at the corridors, waiting for the rest to get ready.

“Want a drink?” Yonghwa passed me a packet of green tea and I took it.

“Thanks.”

~Moment of Silence~

Should I ask him?

But I would sound like a jealous freak if I ask him.

But if I don’t, I may be suffocated by my thoughts.

So, I decided.

“Yonghwa, were you close with Jihyun?” I asked him while looking away, making it seem as if I did not care about the answer.

“Not really.” Yonghwa answered after thinking. “We’ve talked to each other a couple of times, but it was just a short conversation.”

“Oh…” I felt relieved by his answers. “That’s great.” I whispered to myself with a grin.

“Why? You’re jealous?” Yonghwa stared at me.

I rolled my eyes.

“Who cares about her?”

“Haha, you’re good at lying.” Yonghwa dissed.

I was about to argue back when the door of the female changing room opened.

Seohyun was the first one to walk out.

She looked really cute. Just like an innocent and pure fairy who landed on Earth.

And I could see how happy and satisfied Yonghwa was from his opened mouth.

Psk, he should wipe off his saliva, it’s going to drip from his mouth.

“Where’s Jihyun?” I asked Seohyun.

“Jihyun unnie has finished changing, but she does not want to come out.” She answered.

“Why?” I was confused.

“Maybe she’s feeling embarrassed.” Yonghwa teased while holding Seohyun’s wedding dress. “Go get her.”

“No way.” I crossed my arms and leaned back on the wall.

After I ended my sentence, the door opened again.

Jihyun walked out gracefully, in a white wedding dress.

I almost forgot to breathe when I saw her.

She was beautiful, much more beautiful than I expected.

Maybe it was because I have seen too much manliness in her that made me forgot that she can be pretty and femaine as well.

“Is it ok?” Jihyun lowered her head, feeling abit embarrassed.

“You look gorgeous.” Yonghwa comforted her.

 

I felt uncomfortable.

 

“It’s too revealing.” I turned my head away and lied.

Maybe it was because I don’t like her looking like this in front of other men.

“You!” Jihyun growled and hit my back. “Can’t you say something nice? Hmph.”

She lifted her dress and stomped away.

 

Jihyun’s POV

What’s wrong with him today?

Can’t he just say something nice to me?

Although we may not be the closest pair of friends, but we’re still friends….

I stared at myself in the mirror and sighed.

Is it really that revealing?

I thought all brides should wear like this…

Doojoon… what exactly is on your mind?

I felt nervous.

It was my first time wearing a wedding dress afterall… and the ‘groom’ was my childhood nemesis.

 

“Jihyun unnie, it’s already time to start recording.” Seohyun came in.

“I’ll be right there.” I took my veil and stood up.

 

-At the studio-

Today, we’re recording ‘Come to Play’.

I was standing behind the set with Doojoon, waiting to be introduced.

Just then, Doojoon took my hand to link arms with him.

I was surprised so I turned and looked at him.

“It’s about time to go out now.” He looked away. “Stop looking at me.”

Hmph, who wants to look at you?!

 

~During the recording~

“So Doojoon-ssi, you and Jihyun-ssi were from the same entertainment company, right?” MC Jaesuk asked Doojoon.

“Yes, and we have known each other since young.” Doojoon put his hands around my shoulders and smiled. “We were really close.”

What the….

(Put your hands off me!) I shot a glare at him.

I used my elbow to attack him.

(Why? You’re feeling shy?) Doojoon smirked.

(Pwahaha! Me?! COME ON, you must be joking.) I rolled my eyes.

(Then why are you avoiding me? Huh?) Doojoon grinned.

I could not rebut what he said.

So I decided to lean on his shoulders.

Doojoon seemed surprised when I did that. I could even feel his body went stiff for a moment.

(Now look who’s shy. HAHA.) I gave an evil smile.

(Never mind. Let’s get closer.) Doojoon wrapped his hands even tightly around my shoulders.

(BWOH?!) I was shocked.

Now we’re even closer.

Am I playing with fire?

Why am I in a more uncomfortable position now?

What’s worse was that my heart is racing really fast now, what if he noticed it?

In the end, we maintained in this position throughout the whole interview.

 

Doojoon’s POV

“Jihyun-ssi, what do you like about Doojoon-ssi?” MC Jaesuk continued to ask.

I felt Jihyun’s body shuddered abit when she then smiled and replied.

“Doojoon oppa is a very nice guy. He took great care of people around him and it’s fun being with him. I remembered that I once thought he was really childish but after all the times we shared, I got to know him better.” She said seriously.

For that moment, I felt that it was her heartfelt words.

But I was also abit sad that there was a high chance that it is just for the show.

“If there is a chance for you to choose your partner again, will you choose him?”

I held my breath when I heard the question.

Even I am anticipating her answer.

After 10 seconds which seemed like forever, Jihyun finally nodded her head.

“Yeah… because we know each other best.”

 That was her reply.

Because we know each other best.

All the times we spent together… I just realized she has been in my life even longer than any of my other friends.

Since when did we start arguing? And why we started arguing?

I don’t really remember it now.

Despite all the arguments we had, there was never a time when I really hated her.

I recalled the time when we had a picnic during our date.

The food was delicious because it has all the dishes I liked since young.

And also, it was made by Jihyun early in the morning.

I knew it because I could hear her cooking from next door.

 

After the recording, we went to eat at a restaurant together.

“Jihyun, you like Yonghwa, is it?” I asked her seriously.

“What?!” Jihyun gave me an uneasy smile and starting drinking water.

“Don’t try to lie to me.” I leaned back on the chair. “I can see it.”

As if knowing she has nothing more to hide, Jihyun finally admitted.

“Yeah… since the old schooldays.” She laughed awkwardly.

“Do you want me to help you?” I suggested, despite I knew I felt sour about it.

“It’s okay…” She shook her head. “He already has Seohyun.”

“But they are just a couple on screen.” I comforted her.

And so are we…

 

“You should have noticed it, right?” Jihyun pulled a smile. “The look he had on his face throughout the whole interview.”

I don’t want to admit it, but I knew what she meant.

“Order anything you want today.” I grinned. “My treat.”

Since I can’t help her, I guess what I could do, was to make her happy.

 

Jihyun’s POV

WOAH, Doojoon’s treating me?!

Is the sky going to turn red?!

 

But I was glad because I knew it was his kind intention.

“Then don’t get angry with me if I ordered too much.” I joked.

“Try me.” He laughed.

In the end, I ordered just a simple set meal.

Not that I worry about his wallet.

I just…. Don’t want to owe him anything.

 

While eating, Doojoon got a called and so he left his seat for a while.

I looked at his steak which looked ‘ripped apart’ and decided to help cutting it up.

 

Doojoon’s POV

-Outside the restaurant-

“Hallo?” I answered the call.

It was a call from Mr Shin.

“Gina is returning to Seoul tomorrow and she wanted you to be her partner in her MV.”

I was shocked.

Noona’s returning tomorrow?

Why didn’t she tell me?

A surprise?

“Are you okay with it?” Mr Shin asked me.

“Yes.”

“Ok then, come to my office tomorrow evening and we’ll discuss the details.”

“Yes.”

 

She’s coming back tomorrow..

Tomorrow…

 

 

I slowly walked back to my seat and found my meat cut into cubes neatly.

I looked at Jihyun who gave an awkward smile.

“I decided to cut it for you, to thank you for the meal.” Jihyun blushed.

“Thanks.” I said nothing much and continued eating.

 

Jihyun’s POV

Doojoon was acting weird ever since he got that call.

He went quiet throughout the whole meal.

“Are you ok?” I was feeling worried.

“Yeah.” He said a word and continued to ignore me.

What’s wrong with him?

I thought we were having a good time together.