What's the Truth and What's the Lie?

Scandal in the Cube

 

Gayoon’s POV

My intuition tells me that something bad will happen today.

The necklace which Hyunseung oppa gave to me, accidentally snapped. I tried to ignore the uncomfortable feeling in me by telling myself that I am just being paranoid.

 

“Unnie! There’s trouble.” Sohyun rushed towards me and grabbed my hands.

“What’s wrong? You look so serious.” I smiled.

“There’s no time to explain. You have to come with me.” She dragged me towards the lockers area.

 

Suddenly, everyone was crowding at the row of lockers went quiet as I entered.

They start observing me in a very weird way.

Gossipping voices increases as I made my way through them.

As I got closer, I saw Hyeyoung kneeling on the floor and crying. Hyunseung oppa was patting on her back and comforting her.

“Why must she do this to me?” She cried. “Did I do anything wrong to her? I don’t understand this at all!” She shook her head like crazy and almost choked while crying.

I frowned.

“What’s wrong?” I asked Hyunseung oppa.

Why is everyone looking at me like that?

Hyunseung stood up and looked at me seriously.

“Gayoon…” He asked softly and pointed at the mess in one locker. “Did you do this?”

I walked towards the locker and I was shocked.

 

Inside the locker, a pile of torn photos and a headless teddy bear laid quietly.

I recognized the teddy bear. It was the gift which I chose for Hyeyoung on her previous birthday party. Its head was gone now, as if being cut off on purpose.

The faces on every photo were Hyunseung and Hyeyoung smiling happily. But they were now torn apart. What’s worse was that Hyeyoung’s face was being cut up many times.

My mouth was opened wide and I was horrified at such a creepy scene.

“Did you do this, Gayoon?” Hyunseung oppa asked again, without showing any expression on his face.

“NO!” I shouted as if I would be the culprit if I did not say it loudly.

“Then is this yours?” Hyunseung pulled out a earring from his pocket. “I remembered you had one similar to this.”

That earring!

“It’s the earring I lost yesterday.” I told him the truth.

“This earring was found in the locker.” He looked at me deeply.

“I said I lost it.” I repeated myself.

“Gayoon unnie!” Hyeyoung kneeled in front of me. “If I do anything wrong, you can tell me. Why must you cut up my photos with Hyunseung oppa?!” She cried. “I really did not think of stealing Hyunseung oppa from you. Why didn’t you believe me?”

I was dumbfounded by her words.

When did I do that?

Suddenly, I realized everything.

“Is this a part of your plan?” I glared at Hyeyoung, trying to see through her plot.

“Oppa….” Hyeyoung shivered and hid behind Hyunseung.

“Hyunseung…” Jihyun who heard everything came out. “Gayoon is not a despicable person. You should not suspect her.”

“Yeah!” Hyuna stood out. “Gayoon unnie is the best and nicest person among us. You should know it.” Sohyun nodded in agreement.

“Hyunseung oppa!” Jiyoon put her hands on her waist. “We believe her. So must you.”

“Oppa….” Hyeyoung tears welled up again.

“Don’t worry.” Hyunseung patted her back. “Gayoon’s really not a person who would do that.” He said softly but he did not take a look at me.

Hyunseung oppa…. Is that really what you think?

Then why did I sense a bit of uncertainty in your voice?

My heart hurts when I saw Hyunseung trying to calm her down.

“I know it’s all my fault.” Hyeyoung sniffed. “I’m sorry, Hyeyoung.”

 

“Quit your acting.” I said coldly.

I turned towards Hyunseung.

“Hyunseung oppa, do you believe me?” I stared at him, hoping that his answer will be ‘yes’.

Hyunseung avoided my gaze and remained quiet.

My heart was beginning to drop as every second passes like a year.

“I believe you.” He sighed after a long thought. “That Gayoon I know, would not do something like this.”

I smiled, feeling very relieved.

 

Hyunseung’s POV

I am already feeling very vexed over the problem and still have to comfort Hyeyoung.

Seriously, I wanted to believe Gayoon.

But how did her earring end up in this locker?

I could not find a reason to explain this coincidence.

If it is just because of mere jealousy, then I have to try to clear this mess up.

 

“I believe you.” I sighed. “That Gayoon I know, would not do something like this.”

The main issue now, is to minimize the problem.

With all the hoobae trainees around, I cannot let them bully Gayoon even if she really did it.

“Everyone.” I turned to look at the crowd. “Gayoon is not the culprit. Fortunately, no one was hurt during this incident, so I want everyone to forget about this and never to mention it again. Understand?”

“Yes.” Everyone replied and went back to work.

“Let me take you home.” I helped Hyeyoung up and took her away.

I spotted Gayoon’s sadness but I have to ignore it for the sake of Hyeyoung.

 

-Back at practice room-

Jihyun’s POV

After Gayoon excused herself to go to the toilet, 4minute members started their conversation.

“IS HE A PABO?!” Jiyoon stomped her feet. “Why is he treating Gayoon like that? He said he believe her, but he is still helping that evil Hyeyoung.”

“Precisely!” Hyuna pouted her lips. “Gayoon unnie is soo poor thing.” She bawled and hugged Sohyun.

“Love is always complicated.” I sighed, remembering the scene which happened not long ago.

Just then, the Beast members entered the room.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!” Jiyoon glared at the guys. “Where’s that idiot? Let me give him a flying kick on his face!”

“Calm down.” Junhyung quickly held her in his arms. “Let them solve their problem themselves.”

I looked at Doojoon who was being deep in thought in one corner.

He seemed to be abit thinner. His cheeks are almost sunken in.

I wondered if he had his meals regularly.

*Sighs*

“Don’t worry, Jihyun noona.” Dongwoon grinned. “Hyunseung hyung is not that kind of guy that will hurt the girl he likes.”

“I hope Gayoon is the one he truly loves.” I smiled.

 

Gayoon’s POV

While they were talking about me, I was standing by the door.

Why are my tears kept on falling?

Hyunseung oppa…

 

That night, Hyunseung oppa sent me an SMS.

 

From: Hyunseung Oppa <3

I’m at Hyeyoung’s house now. She developed a fever and did not want me to leave. Sorry about today.

 

Sorry about what?

I stared at the SMS.

Sorry about not believing me?

Sorry about not comforting me?

Sorry for showing concern for Hyeyoung but not me?

I don’t know… I took a look at the ring lying beside the snapped necklace.

 

 

Days passed slowly and the incident was gradually being forgotten.

However, Hyunseung has been busy everyday.

And we seldom call each other since then.

Mainly because I wanted Hyunseung oppa to take the initiative to call me first. I realized that since we were together, I was the one who often call him.

I wanted to prove to myself that I am in his heart… but I am uncertain now.

Until one day….

 

*Phone vibrate*

Unknown number calling…

“Hello? Who is this?” I asked.

“It’s me.”

Instantly, I knew the owner of this voice.

“What do you want….Hyeyoung?” I answered coldly.

“If you want to know the truth, meet me at the practice room within 5 mins time.”

After she ended the sentence, she hung up.

 

What is it?

A part of me tell me not to listen to her… But the other part of me wanted me to get the truth.

“Where are you going, unnie?” Sohyun asked when I stood up suddenly.

“I’ll be back soon.” I smiled. “Just to settle some personal problem.”

Without leaving another word, I ran out.

 

-At the meeting place-

Hyeyoung’s POV

It’s time to get back what’s mine.

I glared at the ring on my hand.

 

//Flashback begins//

When Hyunseung oppa was at my house, I noticed a special necklace hanging on his neck.

“Oppa.” I pointed at it. “What’s that?”

“A secret.” He smiled as he played with the ring on it.

I recognized that warm look on his face.

It was... her.

 

One time is never enough to kill the bond between them.

Heo Gayoon… I mumbled that name which I hated to most.

//Flashback ends//

 

In the end, I stole the necklace while Hyunseung was asleep.

So what?

It was actually supposed to be for me.

It’s mine.

 

I dialed the phone.

 

“HYUNSEUNG OPPA!!!” I cried. “Gayoon asked me to meet her at the practice room now. She sounded so angry. I’m scared. What should I do? Help me!” And I hung up.

If Hyunseung oppa is suppose to come here from the recording studio. He’ll take 15 mins.

 

Perfect.

 

Just then, the door opened.

 

Gayoon’s POV

“I’m here.” I looked at Hyeyoung who was facing the window.

“Gayoon unnie.” She turned around and smiled. “I’m glad you came. I was worried you would not come.”

“Tell me.” I ignored her sweet smile. “Everything.”

“You should have guessed it, didn’t you?” She smirked. “Why do you still need me to clarify the facts?”

“You…..” I could not believe my ears.

“How could you do such a thing?!” I pointed my finger at her. “Why are you doing this?”

 

“Come on…. You’re not that dumb, are you?” She gave a fake laugh. “Because I hate you. You’re the one who came in between me and Hyunseung oppa.”

“I did not come in between both of you.” I glared at her. “You’re the one who gave him up.”

“NO!” She suddenly screamed at me. “You’re the one who stole him away! He loves me.”

I laughed.

“Hyunseung oppa is my boyfriend. Not yours.” I convinced myself and her.

“Really?” She giggled.

She suddenly flashes her hand.

“But he gave me this.”

I recognized that ring immediately. It was our couple ring.

How could he?!

My face turned white.

 

“He told me that he regretted being together with you after we broke up.” She admired the ring on her third finger. “He said that his heart will be with me forever. Just like this ring.”

“You know what?” She continued. “He told me that he did not believe you that day. He was just afraid that I would be hurt even more if you were exposed on the scene. He does not care about you.”

“No….” I stared at the ring and began to shake my head in denial.

Hyunseung oppa would never do this to me.

We have been through this much together… he loves me….

But the ring…. It was really on her hands…

The ring… our bond…

“NO!” I rushed towards her and tried to snatch the ring back. “Give it back to me!”

Even if he don’t want the ring… I won’t allow it to be given to another woman!

“Come and get it then.” Hyeyoung ran to the other end of the room.

I chased after her but she always avoided me before I could actually catch her.

While running, she accidentally knocked down a vase and the glass vase smashed onto the floor.

“GIVE IT BACK!” I shouted and finally caught up with her.

Suddenly, she pushed me away and fell to the ground.

The glass pieces on the floor scratched her white skin on her both arms.

I was overwhelmed by the sudden situation and I saw blood flowing out from her wounds.

“Are you happy now?” She cried. “What can I do to appease you?!”

I was confused by what she said.

“What are you….”

 

“WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE?!” Hyunseung appeared and shouted.

He rushed towards her and pushed me aside.

But he forgot to control his strength and I fell on the floor.

“I cannot believe you are this kind of person.” Hyunseung said coldly as he looked at Hyeyoung’s wounds.

“No… I did not….” I denied and shook my head frantically.

“Do you think I would believe you instead of my eyes?” He glared at me. “I thought you would be forgiving… But you were so cruel, even to a weak girl like Hyeyoung.”

My heart broke at his words.

“I really did not…” I tried to explain.

But he ignored me and carried Hyeyoung out.

All he cared about was Hyeyoung’s safety.

He did not even bother about my explanations.

I was so shocked that I could not move at all.

Just then, I saw blood oozing out from a wound on my elbow.

 

“Then what about me?” I mumbled as tears trickled down my cheeks.

Hyunseung’s POV

Why is everything like this?

I could not understand what happened to Gayoon.

Why did she do this?

I just can’t believe that she is such a person.

But just a while ago, I witnessed her pushing Hyeyoung on the floor with my own eyes.

But… why did she look so sad.

ARGHHH… If only someone tell me what happened.

“Oppa…”

“Hyeyoung…” I looked at Hyeyoung who came out of the clinic. “I’m sorry about what Gayoon did. I apologise for her actions.”

“It’s ok.” A tear rolled down from her eyes. “I’m alright now. But Gayoon unnie…”

“Don’t care about her anymore.” I sighed. “Let me send you home.”

 

A week passed quietly ever since that day and I was waiting for Gayoon’s explanation.

But nothing happened.

She did not even appear in front of my eyes.

I tried to find her and demand an answer.

As if knowing everything, the 4minute members did not allow me to see her.

Finally, I saw her alight from a black Ferrari at the gate of Cube Entertainment.

“Gayoon!”

 

Gayoon’s POV

“Are you feeling better already?” Taeyang looked at me, worried. “Your face is so pale.”

“I’m fine.” I smiled at the state of my misery. “Just lost a heart, but still breathing.”

“Gayoon…” Taeyang tried to tell me something but I stopped him.

“I’m sorry, Taeyang. It’s all because of the members that I bothered you.” I gave an awkward smile.

“It’s ok.” He grinned. “I’m glad to be of any help.”

“Thanks for the ride.” I thanked him and alight.

“Wait up.” Taeyang got off the car and passed me an album. “This is my latest album. I hope you would listen to it and give me some feedback.”

“Thanks. I will listen to it carefully.” I took it with a smile and was about to leave.

“Gayoon…” Taeyang grabbed my hand. “Can we meet again next time? Like not because of a call from your co-members, but from you? I know this seems abit abrupt but I hope we can be closer.” He blushed.

I looked at him and was about to reply when a voice interrupted.

“Looks like I’m not an existence to you.” Hyunseung said sarcastically with his hands in his pocket. “You did not even bother explaining the mess you created and went out with other guys?”

 

I felt maligned upon hearing his statement and I blew up.

“Why would you care about my explanations when you don’t even believe me?” I glared at him. “You are certain that I did it right? It’s all my fault right?”

If Hyunseung oppa would tell me that he believed me now and give me a hug now, I would forgive him.

But it turns out that I was too confident of myself.

 

“If you pushed her by accident, you should go apologise to her now. Come with me.” He grabbed my hand and tried to pull me away.

“What if I did not do it?” I swung his hands away and said coldly.

The fact that he did not believe me right from the start has already hit me hard. What saddens me even more, was that he treated me harshly just because of another girl.

Hyeyoung means more to him.

“Gayoon….” He sighed. “Can’t you just say sorry to her?”

My heart felt a sharp pain when I saw his sunken face.

He’s sad because of Hyeyoung’s wound, not mine.

This discovery made me feel bitter.

“I’m not going to say it because I did not do it.” I bit my lips and said.

I’m not going to lose my remaining dignity because of his begging tone.

“Why are you like this?” Hyunseung grabbed my shoulders and shaked me. “You were not like this? When did you become so vicious?!”

“Stop it, Hyunseung!” Taeyang pulled his arms away and held me with one arm before I fell.

I was dizzy so I did not reject the help from Taeyang.

“Don’t touch her!” Hyunseung tried to snatch me back but Taeyang pushed him away.

“You will hurt her.” Taeyang growled. “I don’t know what happened between both of you, but I believe Gayoon is a nice girl and you should not hurt her like that.”

“Fine… you like her right?” Hyunseung smiled sarcastically. “I knew something was going on between both of you. Did Gayoon tell you that she’s my girlfriend, hyung? Or is it that you don’t mind sharing?”

“You!” Taeyang was about to punch him when I shouted.

“STOP IT!” I screamed.

This is enough.

Why is everything making me heartbrokened?

“Please take me away, Taeyang oppa.” I begged Taeyang and pulled his arm.

 

Hyunseung’s POV

My feets were pinned onto the floor as I saw both of them left.

Gayoon’s pale face seems to remind me how rude I was.

But I just couldn’t stop myself from spitting these hurtful words after seeing how close both of them were.

I remembered Gayoon once told me that they were only ordinary friends, but now, I accused her.

I felt regretful but I really could not hold my temper.

Seeing Taeyang’s hands on her shoulders made me lose my mind.