Farewell Party (Part 1)

Scandal in the Cube

 

Gayoon’s POV

There was a farewell party for Gina unnie today. It was held in the function room in Cube. All trainees were invited.

Since I seldom mix with other trainees, I was reluctant to participate.

I laid on my bed and watch Jiyoon choosing her clothes.

“Gayoon unnie, why aren’t you getting ready?” Sohyun stuck her head through the door gap and asked.

“ I’m not going.”

“Why?” Hyuna whined from next door.

“Come on unnie, it’ll be fun.” Jiyoon pulled me off the bed.

“No… I want to stay in the dorm.” I hugged my pillow and shook my head.

Of course I’m not going… If I go… I’ll see…

“But it’s a farewell party for Gina unnie.” Jihyun entered the room and sat on my bed.

“Come on, let’s go together.” Jiyoon and Hyuna begged.

I looked at their pleading faces and finally, I nodded my head.

“Yeah!” Jiyoon and Hyuna high-fived.

Haizz…

 

8.00pm

Hyunseung’s POV

Junhyung and I had arrived early to help with the decoration in the room and we were busy hanging up the balloons.

Where are the rest of the guys?

“Where’s Doojoon hyung?” Junhyung asked Yoseob who has just arrived.

Yoseob shrugged. “I don’t think he’s coming. He said he wasn’t feeling well.”

“Hey guys.” Dongwoon approached us with his usual big smile.

“Hmph.” Yoseob turned away upon seeing him.

“Hi Dongwoon.” Junhyung smiled.

“Hi.” I passed him an inflated balloon. “Hang this up.” I commanded as I got down the chair.

“Yes, sir.” Dongwoon saluted and stepped on the chair. He reached the ceiling easily with his hands up. Just a few moments later, he has hung up 10 balloons already, while Junhyung is still working on his 5th one.

This guy (Dongwoon) is really tall.

He seemed to be very happy today. He was even more hyper the usual. He started to talk to Junhyung about all kinds of stuff, from aliens to insects, robots to kimchi.

Does he even feel tired?

I smiled.

Such an interesting dongsaeng.

Suddenly, there was a small commotion coming from the door. I looked towards the direction to see 4minute entering the room.

It was her. The girl I saved the other day.

I recognised her big and shiny eyes. Her name was Gayoon. She looked very pretty today, wearing a white dress and her hair was put down.

I was distracted until Junhyung waved in front of my eyes. He has already completed his task and was ready to attack the food table.

“Hallo? Earth to Hyunseung?” He continued waving.

“Yes? Hyunseung’s back on Earth.” I chuckled as I pushed his hand away.

“Want some food?” Junhyung passed me a plate.

“Neh.”I shook my head and pour myself a cup of juice. “Enjoy it yourself, I’m full.”

 

“Hi Junhyung oppa.” Jiyoon patted Junhyung on his shoulder.

“Hey Jiyoon.” Junhyung turned around and started to chat with her.

I noticed Gayoon was standing beside Jiyoon and she looked like she’s being left out of the conversation.

What are you thinking about, Jang Hyunseung? You feel sorry for her? Don’t you remember what happened between you and Hyeyoung?

I pretended that I did not see Gayoon and talked to another trainee.

 

Gayoon’s POV

It was a wrong idea to have agreed to come here. Everyone has someone to talk to, but not me. I followed Jiyoon around and she was busy talking to Junhyung.

I felt left out.

My heart started racing when I accidentally caught Hyunseung oppa staring at me.

Gayoon…. Calm down…. He’s… not into you… He’ll never be…

I want to leave this place. It’s suffocating me.

Quietly, I left the room but I did not notice that someone followed me from behind.

 

Hyunseung’s POV

From the corner of my eyes, I noticed Gayoon leaving the room alone.

Is she going back now? But it’s getting late now. Will she be alright herself?

As I was unable to stop myself from thinking about all the possibilities of her in danger, I decided to follow her.

I followed her down the streets, keeping 2-cars distance between us.

 

“Hyunseung oppa?” When Gayoon turned into a corner, someone called me from behind. I stopped and turned.

“Hi, Hyeyoung.”