Heartbeat

Scandal in the Cube

 

-Next day-

Gayoon’s POV

My head hurts and my body is burning.

Am I sick?

I snuggled into my blanket and hugged myself.

I feel so cold suddenly.

 

“Gayoon, it’s time to wake up.” Jiyoon pushed me.

“I’m sick now.” I moaned.

“Don’t bluff.” She laughed and took my blanket away. “You’re just being lazy.”

She pulled my arms and she got a shock.

“Gayoon! Why are you burning?!” She touched my forehead. “Is it because of the rain yesterday?”

“Maybe.” I took the blanket from her and continue to stay on bed. My head hurts so much that I don’t even feel like remembering anything.

Jiyoon ran out and told the other members.

“Gayoon, you should take your temperature now.” Jihyun passed me a thermometer.

I unwilling took it and put it in my mouth.

Beep~

I took it out and passed to Jihyun.

“Oh no. 40.5 degrees?!” Jihyun immediately pulled me off bed and rushed to call our manager.

“Jiyoon!” She shouted. “Help Gayoon change! We need to bring her to the hospital.”

Jiyoon and Hyuna immediately helped me get changed and Sohyun passed me a cup of water.

Everyone seemed so busy and I felt so weak that I can’t even walk.

“Unnie! We need help!” Hyuna squealed when I fell on the floor. Jihyun puts down the phone and tried to get me up on my feet.

“We need to call the guys to help.” Sohyun went out of the door.

 

Dongwoon’s POV

Ding Dong~

“Who’s here so early in the morning?” Doojoon complained and continued sleeping.

“Maknae Dongwoon go open the door.” Yoseob grunted and used the pillow to cover his ears.

Haiz, me again.

I opened the door to see Sohyun standing outside.

“Hi Sohyunnie!” I smiled.

“Who’s the strongest in this house?” She asked abruptly and entered the house.

“Gikwang hyung.” I answer honestly.

“Wake him up. We need him.” Sohyun rushed into the room.

 

Sohyun’s POV

I went into the room and spotted Gikwang oppa sleeping at the lower bunk.

“Wake up, Gikwang oppa.” I shook him.

“Huh?” He looks at me with one eye opened.

“Gayoon unnie is sick.” I explained. “We need to take her to the hospital.”

“Ok.” He got up. “Give me a minute.”

Both Dongwoon and Gikwang got ready in a minute.

Gikwang oppa quickly entered our dorm and carried Gayoon unnie out. Our manager oppa was waiting downstairs.

“Quick, get into the car.” He rushed the guys.

 

Gayoon’s POV

“It’s really okay…*cough*… Just let me down…” I patted on Gikwang’s shoulder. He was piggy-backing me and I was afraid that he might tire himself out.

“It’s ok.” He reassured me.

And I out.

 

Hyunseung’s POV

After I came home, I went into the room and took at look at the rest. 2 were missing and the rest were sleeping away.

I went out and sit by the table.

I was exhausted.

“Where’s Gikwang and Dongwoon?” I asked Junhyung who came out of the bedroom.

“I don’t know.” He rubbed his swollen eyes. “I heard they were called to help the girls next door.”

“Oh…” I poured myself a cup of water. “Want some water?” I offered him.

“Nah… I need to wash up first.” He pointed towards the toilet door. “Doojoon hyung’s occupying it now.”

Just then, Yoseob came out of the room too.

“Hyunseung, where have you been the whole night?” He stared at my clothes which was the same as yesterday night.

I did not come back yesterday night. I was at Hyeyoung’s apartment.

But, nothing happened between me and Hyeyoung. She was just whining and asking me to accompany her. I could not reject her, so I stayed until she fell asleep.

“Erm… something important cropped up…” I lied and avoided his gaze.

“You shouldn’t have left Gayoon alone.” Junhyung interrupted.

I looked at him. His expression was serious.

“Anything wrong?”

“Gayoon forgotten to bring her umbrella. And she got wet in the rain… You’re a guy, you shouldn’t just leave her there, hyung.”

“Really?” I was surprised. “I didn’t know…”

I suddenly remembered what happened yesterday night. I was too engrossed in helping Hyeyoung that I have totally forgotten about Gayoon’s feelings. But, I thought she would be fine alone.

Maybe I should go and apologized to her.

 

Yoseob’s POV

After a moment, Hyunseung gulped the last bit of water in his cup and walked out the door.

“Where is he going?” I asked Junhyung who was squatting outside the toilet.

“Maybe next door. Given his character, he should be going to apologise to Gayoon now.”

“Really?” I frowned.

Out of a sudden, Junhyung started jumping around.

“Ah... I need to use the toilet now….” He grumbled. “Doojoon hyung, hurry up and come out!” He complained loudly and banging the door.

 

Hyunseung’s POV

Ding Dong~

Hyuna’s head popped out between the door.

“Hi, Hyunseung oppa.” She smiled sweetly at me.

“Hi, Hyuna.” I looked behind her. “Is Gayoon at home?”

Hyuna shook her head.

“Ermm…. Gayoon’s in hospital now.” She replied.

What?!

 

Gayoon’s POV

When I woke up, I saw the white ceiling.

“Where am I?” I mumbled to myself.

The strong antiseptic and medicine smell make me frown.

“Gayoon! You’re awake.” Jiyoon rushed towards me from the side. She grabbed my hand and started to tear up. “I was so worried.”

I laughed softly but started coughing again.

“Jiyoon, stop making Gayoon laugh.” Jihyun, who was standing behind all the time, reprimanded her. “You’re making it worse.”

“Where am I?” I asked weakly. The last thing I remembered was when I was still at home? Oh wait, the girls changed my clothes…. And I got carried out…

“You’re in the hospital now.” Jihyun explained. “You were having quite a serious fever.”

“Hospital?” I looked at Jiyoon who nodded her head. “But we have a schedule later.” I recalled.

I was about to get off the bed when I got pushed by Jiyoon.

“Just rest.” She nagged. “We’ll take care of that.”

“Speaking of schedule, we need to set off now to fetch the rest.” Jihyun reminded Jiyoon.

“Gayoon, don’t worry too much. Just take a deep nap and rest well.” Jihyun said before she left.

And I was alone in the hospital room.

When I was alone, I started to recall what happened yesterday.

I wondered if he’s alright.

Does he know that I’m here?

I shook my head.

“Anniya… He’s probably busy now.”

I don’t blame him at all because I know that the girl we met yesterday seems really important to him.

I stare blankly at the white ceiling.

Somehow I feel that I’m really pathetic. Out of so many guys in the world, why did I have to fall for such a guy.

I covered myself under the blanket and scream into the pillow.

“GAYOON PABO!!!”

 

Hyunseung’s POV

After confirming with 4minute’s manager on the phone, I managed to know which room Gayoon is staying in.

When I entered the hospital, I realized that I did not bring anything for her. I scanned around me.

There’s floral shop was just across the street.

 “Room 1314…” I checked the door plates one by one. “There it is!”

I took a deep breath and knock the door.

“Come in.” A soft voice answered.

 I walked in and saw Gayoon lying on the bed, with blanket covered her whole body, including her head.

“Jaemin oppa… You don’t need to come here.” She said under the blanket. “I’m alright now.”

She mistaken me as Jaemin hyung?

I smiled.

“A patient should not cover her head like this.” I pulled her blanket down. “Your condition may get worse if you suffocate youself.”

Her eyes widened with shock when she saw me.

“Hyunseung oppa…why…” wide opened.

“I’m here to apologise to you for yesterday…” I look away. “Sorry…”

“… It’s… okay.” She replied softly. “I’m alright now.*cough**cough*” She sat up, to prove that she’s okay now.

I stopped her.

She looked so pale and weak now.

“It’s okay. Just lie down.” I put a pillow behind her back so that she can lean on.

“Thanks.”

 

Gayoon’s POV

My heart began thumping away when Hyunseung showed his concern for me.

Pabo Gayoon, Pabo Gayoon….

I started scolding my heart for being so useless.

Every sentence he says, brings my heart from rain to sunshine.

“Gayoon…” He passed me 3 roses. “These are for you.”

I was surprised and took the red roses.

The thorns on the roses were cut away and the red roses were beautiful.

“I asked the owner of the floral shop and she said girls love roses.” He scratched his head and smiled awkwardly. “I did not bring enough money, so…” He explained.

“Thank you.” I smiled happily and counted the roses.

1, 2, 3 roses.

“Do you know the meaning of 3 roses?” I asked him suddenly.

“Meaning of 3 roses?” He think deeply. “What is it?”

I grinned and shook my head.

“I don’t know too.” I lied.

Pabo Gayoon. Just 3 roses were enough to make you fall even deeper.