Audition For Beast

Scandal in the Cube

 

 Yoseob’s POV

“I’m nervous, hyung.” I repeated again and again, rubbing my palms together.

“Calm down.” He rolled his eyes. “We’ll make it. I’m sure.” He comforted me.

I scanned around the room. There were so many trainees here and I heard that only 5 will be chosen.

Suddenly, I saw Dongwoon walked into the room.

Hmph, what is that guy doing here?

Sohyunnie was following behind him.

“Hwaiting, oppa!” She cheered with a smile when Dongwoon sat at a corner.

*Jealous*

“Hi Sohyunnie.” I waved towards her direction. She looked at me for a second and goes back to talk to Dongwoon.

*Pouts lips*

“Hyung, I’ll be back in a moment.” I excused myself and went towards them.

“Hi Yoseob hyung.” Dongwoon gave me a village idiot smile.

I ignored him.

“Sohyunnie, it’s going to be my turn.” I whined. “I’m nervous.”

“Oh really?” She said sarcastically.

*Nods*

 

Sohyun’s POV

It’s the audition for Cube’s new project group today.

I was asked by Dongwoon oppa to accompany him and give him support. I agreed without a second thought.

However, I forgotten about one thing.

Yes, baby Yoseob is there too.

As expected, he approached us right when we stepped into this room.

“Sohyunnie, it’s going to be my turn.” He whined. “I’m nervous.”

“Oh really?”

Yoseob nodded and shot me with those ‘Shrek’s-puss-in-boots’ pleading eyes.

Fine, fine, fine…

I’ll be nice this time.

“Yoseob oppa. Hwaiting!” I cheered with the most gross aegyo voice I have ever made. Even my goosebumps came out.

“Next one is Yang Yoseob.” A lady announced.

Yoseob grinned and walked towards the audition room proudly. He waved to everyone and gave me a cheesy smile before he stepped inside.

Great, he’s gone now.

 

Yoseob’s POV

I can’t believe that Sohyunnie would cheer for me.

THIS IS MY LUCKY DAY!!!!

A satisfied smile went up my face and I felt so motivated that I forgotten how nervous I was a minute ago.

 

Jihyun’s POV

I must be crazy doing this.

Why did I think of doing this?

It’s not my problem, it’s his.

But he must have been so depressed now…. I should help him…. Right?

I took a deep breath and pat on his shoulder.

“I don’t know why I’m saying this.” I avoided his gaze. “Just wanna say that if you wanna beat me…” I cleared my throat. “Pass this audition first.”

Gosh, this is embarrassing.

I was about to turn and run away when I suddenly remembered that I forgot to say goodbye.

“Bye.”

After much difficulty, I finally completed what I wanted to say and hurried out of the room.

Sometimes, even I myself don’t understand myself.

 

Doojoon’s POV

I stared at Jihyun who hurried out of the room after throwing me a ‘bomb’.

Did that girl…. Just tried to encourage me?

Upon hearing my name being called by the staff, I threw this little incident to the back of my mind and started to concentrate on the audition.

Yoseob who has just completed came out and gave me a hi-five.

Here it goes, Yoon Doojoon.

 

Junhyung’s POV

I looked at the sms which I received earlier.

From: ‘Sister’ Jiyoon

Junhyung unnie, don’t be nervous. Hwaiting!!

 

I laughed to myself again.

This girl…

 

Nobody’s POV

A notice was pinned up on the notice board after a week.

To all Cube trainees,

Thank you for participating actively in the audition for the newest project boy group. We appreciate all your efforts.

The members selected for the group will be as follows:

  1. Yoon Doojoon
  2. Yang Yoseob
  3. Jang Hyunseung
  4. Yong Junhyung
  5. Lee Gikwang
  6. Son Dongwoon

Thank you for all your efforts once again. Please do not lose hope because there will always be chances for others in future.

Mr Shin, CEO of Cube Entertainment

 

“What the h*ll… I practiced so hard for it. TT” I mumbled while scanning the notice once again.

“Oh come on, all the members chosen were of top-notched qualities.” A girl trainee friend of mine giggled. “All of them are sooo handsome. They’ll do very well.”

“Hmph. We’ll see…” I scoffed.

*Jealous*