Unexpected Return (Part 3)

Scandal in the Cube

 

Hyunseung’s POV

After our meal, we went back to Cube Entertainment together.

“Why are there so many people there?” Gayoon pointed at the group of people standing outside the practice room.

“I don’t know.” I shook my head. “Let’s go take a look.”

“What’s happening?” I patted on a trainee junior’s shoulders.

“Hyung, there’s a new trainee here today.” He grinned. “And it’s a girl!”

“What’s so special about her?” I frowned as I scanned through the amount of guys peeping through the window.

“I heard she was about to debut through YG but decided to come here instead.” A girl spoke with a smirk. “I thought how talented she could be, but I guess it must be because of her family background.”

“I think so too.” Another girl gossiped. “A friend of mine from YG told me that she was a treated like a princess by the staff because her father is the chairperson of XXX company.”

“No way…” Dongwoon dropped his jaw. “And a girl like her rather come here? Why?”

“A female trainee from YG?” Gayoon looked at me. “Maybe you might know her.” She gave me a wink.

 

“PSSSK, she’s coming out.” A trainee said and everyone immediately pretended that they were doing something.

At the next second, a girl came out of the room.

My eyes opened wide when I saw her.

 

“HI OPPA!” As if there was no one around us, she ran towards me and gave me a hug.

“Hi…. Hyeyoung.”

 

Gayoon’s POV

Everyone around started whispering and mumbling words when they saw Hyeyoung hugging Hyunseung.

But I could not say a word.

Things happened too fast and I could not even react.

“Oppa! Have you eaten your lunch yet?” She arm-linked with Hyunseung.

“Yea… I just came back from lunch with Gayoon.” Hyunseung looked at me and tried to escape from her ‘claws’.

I suddenly felt comforted.

Doesn’t this means that Hyunseung actually cared for my feelings?

I gave him a reassured smile.

“Hi Gayoon.” Hyeyoung smirked. “I did not see you there.”

“Hi Hyeyoung.” I put on a friendly smile. “I heard you are an official trainee here.”

“I just joined today, oppa.” She ignored me and looked at Hyunseung, as if treating me as thin air. “I’m not familiar with this place. Can you bring me around?”

“Errr…” Hyunseung took a look at me.

“I’m alright.” I shrugged my shoulders, trying to look big-hearted. “I’ve got training later anyway. Have fun!”

After saying it, I immediately turned and walked away.

 

I need a space to breathe.

 

After that day, I have not seen Hyunseung in the company for a few days.

But rumours were spreading like fire in this building.

 

“Do you know? Hyeyoung and Hyunseung oppa were a couple in YG!” Girl A whispered.

“REALLY?! No wonder they were so close.” Girl B exclaimed. As if sensing my gaze, she lowered her voice. “But how did you know?”

“An unnie I know worked in YG.” Girl A announced proudly. “I heard they broke up because of a reason.”

“What reason?” Girl C asked with her eyes wide opened.

The group of girls snuggled closer.

“There are a few versions I heard. Some people said it was because Hyunseung oppa got kicked out of YG, so Hyeyoung broke up with him. Others said it was because Hyunseung oppa met another woman.”

Upon hearing this, I could not take it anymore.

I stood up from my seat and glared at the trainees.

“Hyunseung did not betray her.” I gritted my teeth as I could not stand others badmouthing Hyunseung.

The trainees looked at me suspiciously and started whispering again.

“UNNIE!” Hyuna and Sohyun suddenly dashed into the canteen and pulled me out.

 

“What is it?” I looked at them, feeling amused by their nervous faces.

“Did you hear the rumour?” Hyuna stared at me.

“What rumours?” I frowned.

“People were spreading that you were the 3rd party who broke Hyunseung oppa and Hyeyoung up!” Jihyun said as she walked towards us.

 

“WHAT!” I was stunned.

“But we believe you, Gayoon.” Jiyoon jumped out from nowhere, giving me a shock.

“Thanks Jiyoon. But stop scaring me like that.” I shot a glare at her.

“Hehehe… Sorry…” She did a merong.

“Unnie…” Hyuna held my hand. “So what are you going to do about it?”

“I don’t know…”

 

“If I’m not wrong… Hyeyoung was the one that spread this rumour.” Sohyun thought deeply. “I remembered her crying to another trainee just a few days ago.”

“WHAT!?! But why would she treat Gayoon like that?” Jiyoon scratched her head, feeling very confused.

“Because of him, right?” Jihyun spotted my depressed expression and pointed out.

-After explaining for 10 mins-

“So that’s how I got with him…” I blushed. “Sorry for not telling you earlier.”

“Wow…. You did a really good job hiding it.” Jiyoon was amazed. “Not like me and Junhyung oppa… We were caught on our 1st date.”

“Who asked you both to date just a street across our dorms?” Jihyun rolled her eyes.

Hyuna bursted out laughing and Sohyun giggled.

“YA! We both thought that it would be easier to pretend that we just meet accidentally on our way home.” Jiyoon complained.

“While holding hands and sharing one cone of ice cream?” Sohyun said sarcastically.

“YA!” Jiyoon blushed. “Stop mentioning it already.”

“Anyway… back on topic.” Jihyun turned to look at me. “Are you going to tell Hyunseung about it?”

“Tell what?”

“Tell him that Hyeyoung is doing all this behind his back?”

“And what?” I lowered my head. “Let him make a choice between both of us for once? I’m still not that confident. Moreover,” I continued. “Beast is preparing for their coming album, I don’t want to disturb him at a time like this.”

“Those sounds like excuses to me.” Jihyun gave me a stare that makes me feel uncomfortable. “But if that is what you decided to do…” She sighed. “Then 4minute will support you.”

“ Thanks.” I heaved a sigh of relief, however I still feel something heavy in my chest.

 

That night, I was chatting on the phone with Hyunseung.

Beast members have not been back at their dorm for days. This is because they have to utilize their time to practice and recording.

Therefore we promised to call each other every 2 days to keep in touch.

“Is everything alright today?” Hyunseung asked with a weak voice.

“Today, I...” I was about to tell him but I decided not to. “Everything’s fine.” I replied softly. “What happened to your voice?”

“I caught a bit of a cold today.”

“Did you see the doctor?” I was worried.

“Yeah.. I just ate my medicine. Don’t worry.” He reassured me.

“You must take good care of yourself.” I frowned. “Let’s not talk. You should go and take a nap.”

“I will. And Gayoon…” Hyunseung said suddenly. “Let’s meet up for lunch tomorrow.”

I smiled.

I knew it was his only break time in this few days.

“Ok.” I answered sweetly before I said goodbye.

Why should I worry about Hyeyoung? Hyunseung oppa is really nice to me.

 

-Next day-

“Oppa!” I waved at Hyunseung who was scanning around the restaurant. “Here!”

Hyunseung smiled and walked towards me.

“Hi.” He sat on a seat opposite to mine and looked at the menu. “Have you decided on what to eat?”

“Nope.” I shook my head and grinned. “I was waiting for you to decide.”

“Haha… Because I would be paying, right?” Hyunseung patted my head.

“Of course. It’s to make up for the days we missed.” I pouted my lips. “You better start worry about your wallet now.” I joked.

 

Hyunseung’s POV

When the waitress brought our food onto the table, Gayoon took my plate immediately.

I looked at her, feeling abit confused.

However, it was not long before I understand what she was trying to do.

Gayoon was busy cutting up the steak into neat bite-sized.

Looking at her serious expression, I suddenly felt a strong thud in my heart.

I was moved by her thoughtful actions. It has been a very long time ever since someone did that for me…

“Done!” She passed me the plate. “Here.”

I stared at her until she blushed.

“Why are you staring at me like that?” She lowered her head.

I grabbed her hands on the table.

 

Hyeyoung’s POV

I hate Cube entertainment.

Everyone is so dumb and low standards. They always say that they were a family, but there is no real friendship in this industry.

How naïve.

If it wasn’t for Hyunseung oppa, I would never step into this place.

Ironically, I have to make friends with these people in order to get him back.

 

“Hyeyoung, isn’t that Hyunseung oppa and Gayoon unnie?” Trainee A pointed at the window.

I looked at the direction she was pointing and saw Hyunseung oppa with Gayoon. They were talking happily in a restaurant and I saw Hyunseung oppa holding her hand.

“So the rumour’s true? They are really dating.” Trainee B giggled. Suddenly Trainee A elbowed her and she went quiet.

“They are just friends.” I growled.

Both of them look at me suspiciously.

I gritted my teeth and stomped away.

Hmph… I will make her pay.