Truth Hurts

Scandal in the Cube

 

Gayoon’s POV

Just 2 weeks ago, I have been crying almost everyday.

Despite receiving comforts from the members, I can’t overcome my heartbreak.

Every night, I will often have the same nightmare of Hyunseung throwing me into the darkness.

Even breathing, seems painful to me.

I don’t know why does it hurts so much like I’m about to die the next minute.

And in the end, I even resorted to drastic means to lower my pain.

 

“GAYOON!!!” Jihyun screamed when she opened the door and discovered me.

I was lying on the floor, gradually losing my consciousness as blood oozed out from a new wound around my wrist.

Only this method, could make me forget.

And I out.

 

Hyunseung’s POV

I rushed to the hospital immediately after receiving a call from Gikwang.

 

//Flashback begins//

I was roaming on the streets after getting drunk as usual.

Being drunk becomes a regular routine in my life ever since Gayoon and I faced relationship problems.

Why did we come to this?

*Phone vibrated*

Before I could even answer, Gikwang’s voice blasted through.

“HYUNG! GAYOON IS IN THE HOSPITAL! SHE COMMITED SUICIDE!”

My heart stopped a beat.

And I could not remember what he said after that.

//Flashback ends//

 

“Gayoon!” I searched frantically at the corridors and spotted Beast and 4minute members.

“You idiot!” Jiyoon came forward and gave me a slap. “WHY ARE YOU HERE!” Her tears dropped as Junhyung came to give her a hug.

“You’re a murderer.” Hyuna burst into tears and hide into Gikwang’s arms.

“You better make sure she’s safe.” Jihyun glares at me. “If not, you’re be sorry.”

I did not rebut what they said.

All I could think of, is Gayoon.

“The doctors are saving her now, hyung. Don’t worry, she’ll be fine.” Dongwoon gave a pat on my shoulder.

Suddenly, Taeyang stood up and grabbed me by my collar.

“How many times are you going to hurt her?” He growled. “TELL ME!”

“I told you not to hurt her.” He warned. “And you did it. You forced her to commit suicide.”

I stared into space, not showing any reaction.

My heart felt like it’s going to die too, along with Gayoon.

“Why did you do this?” A tear filled with regret, rolled down my eyes.

 

And the next 2 hours, felt like a lifetime.

When the doctor came out of the room, everyone crowded around him.

“Don’t worry.” The doctor gave a warm smile. “She’ll be fine.”

I was relieved.

“Go home now.” Doojoon said. “I’ll tell you her condition at the dorm.”

“But I…”

I wanted to stay.

“Go back now.” Junhyung sighed. “Your existence will only remind Gayoon of her pain.”

“Then I better get going.” I looked at the closed door briefly before leaving.

 

-A month later-

Ever since that day, I no longer hear of any news from Gayoon.

Doojoon told me that Gayoon moved out of 4minute dorm in order to get more rest.

But I know that it was to avoid me.

 

From: Seungri

Meet me at the coffee house next to YG building. I have something to tell you. It’s about Gayoon.

 

Despite I am unwilling to meet him again, but for the sake of Gayoon, I will.

 

-At the coffee house-

“What do you want to tell me about Gayoon?” I asked straightaway. “You know her?”

“SO you still care a lot about this girl?” Seungri stared at me.

“OF COURSE I DO!” I slammed the table. “If not why would I be here?”

This idiot… Is he trying to make a fool out of me?

I was about to leave when he speaks again.

“Hyung, I think maybe you should know something before you go.” He said calmly.

“What thing?” I glared at his peaceful face.

“Hyeyoung… is not that kind of girl that you think she is.” He hinted.

I was confused.

“When we were together in the past...” He started to reveal many things that shocked me again and again.

(Author’s note: Please add all the weird and evil incidents here.)

“So… don’t believe that girl.” He concluded and left the seat.

“Then why did you tell me all these?” I asked before he stepped out of the shop. “We were rivals, isn’t it?”

“Yeah, you’re right…” He smirked. “Why did I tell you?”

“Hey Seungri… Thank you.”

 

Taeyang’s POV

I moved closer to Gayoon who was sobbing away at a corner.

“Gayoon… it’s me…” I whispered, afraid that I would agitate her accidentally.

“Go away.” She croaked. “I want to be alone.”

“Ok…” I surrendered. “I come by another day.”

 

“You’re really nice to drop by.” Jihyun smiled when she saw me closed the door lightly. “It’s a pity Gayoon…” She sighed.

“I’ll be fine as long as she’s happy. It doesn’t matter who she decides to be with.”

“Does this mean you’re giving her up?” Jihyun raised her eyebrow.

“I just want her to be happy.” I shrugged, not giving any direct answer to her question.

 

Gayoon’s POV

I felt sorry for my members. They looked so tired while caring for me. That incident shocked them and they never left me alone since then.

So I decided that I have to continue living.

For my family and friends.

I took a sip of the porridge which Hyuna brought into the room and her eyes widened in delight.

“GAYOON UNNIE IS EATING!!” She cheered and ran out of the room to announced the ‘good’ news to the rest.

All of them rushed into the room and stared at me eating.

Relieved smiles appeared on their faces.

And I knew I did the right thing.

 

Hyunseung’s POV

I shot a glare at Hyeyoung who was still acting away.

Before I met her today, I have already confirmed Seungri’s statement by clarifying with previous colleagues.

To my surprise, Hyeyoung did not ‘quit’ YG, instead she was kicked out due to mental issues.

I clutched my fist below the table.

How can she lie to me?

I recalled Gayoon’s tears when I scolded her.

Gayoon…. Mianhae…

“Oppa, what do you want to drink? There’s too much to decide.” She pouted her lips.

“How longer are you going to put on an act?” I said coldly.

“What are you saying, oppa?” She blinked her eyes innocently. “I don’t understand.”

“Do you know how much I wanna strangle you with these hands?” I threatened. “How can you do this to us?”

I regretted believing her instead of Gayoon.

“What happened?” Her eyes went teary.

“Look at these.” I threw the information which I found onto the table.

Her face turned white and she trembled when she saw a mental report.

“I believe a person like you would be crazy enough to do to this extent just to malign Gayoon.” I gritted my teeth. “I must have been blind.”

“I never do anything like that!” She shrieked and pushed the files off the table.

“Do you think I’ll believe you?” I smirked.

“Hyunseung oppa.” She begged and pulled my sleeves.

I gripped her wrist and she yelped in pain.

“Where’s my ring?” I asked, recalling that I lost it at her apartment the other day.

She must have took it.

“I’ve thrown it away.” She escaped my clutch and smirked.

“Since I can’t have you, she can’t have you too.” She laughed, feeling proud of herself.

“Get out of my sight now. Don’t ever let me see you again.” I warned her.

“You’ll regret it, Hyunseung oppa.” Her lips curled into a cruel smile before she left.

I already regretted it.

 

Gayoon’s POV

I stared out of window and see him standing down there again.

Why is he not leaving me alone?

Why must he remind me of the painful memories?

“Stop caring about that idiot.” Hyuna blocked my view and closed the curtains.

“You should rest more.” She hurried me to my bed.

“I’m not that weak.” I pulled a smile.

“You are a patient.” Hyuna put her hands on her waist and ordered.

“Yes… Hyuna.” I rolled my eyes and sat on the bed obediently.

“I’ll be going out for a recording now.” Hyuna said. “So you’ll be alone here. Cody unnie will come here only half an hour later to look after you. Will you be ok?”

“I’ll be fine.” I promised.

“Really?” She looked at me with suspicion.

“Yes... Don’t worry.” I reassured her with a smile.

“Ok…” She checked the clock. “AHH! I’m late!”

And within a minute, she disappeared from the room.

 

Hyunseung’s POV

“Hyuna…” I approached Hyuna who walked out of building. “Where are you going?”

“That’s none of your business.” She rolled her eyes.

“But isn’t Gayoon alone in the house now?” I asked.

Hyuna stopped and glared at me.

“What’s your problem now?” She folded her arms. “You’re the reason she’s becoming like this.”

“I’m sorry…” I lowered my head in shame.

Hyuna’s expression softened.

“If you’re worried…” She handed me a card key. “You can go and take a look at her.”

“Thanks.” I grabbed it and dashed into the building.