Hurt (Part 2)

Scandal in the Cube

 

-In the Cafeteria-

Gayoon’s POV

Everyone forced me to ask Taeyang out today, to thank him for his help yesterday.

But actually, it was for their own greed.

I looked at the table at the corner.

Do they seriously think that no one could notice them?

I glared at Jiyoon who waved at me when I spotted them and Jihyun knocked her head.

Hyuna was gulping down her chocolate pie and Sohyunnie gave a shy smile.

*Face-palmed*

 

“Sorry, I’m late” Taeyang smiled and sat down in front of me.

“It’s okay, Taeyang ssi.” I passed him a menu. “Choose something to eat. It’s my treat today.”

“Nonono. I should be the one paying, I’m a guy.” He insisted.

I gave an awkward smile and decided to pay the bill secretly.

“So.. are you feeling much better now?” Taeyang looked at me suspiciously.

“Kind of…” I muttered, trying to get away from the topic.

But Taeyang seemed not willing to let it go.

“It’s Hyunseung… isn’t it?” He said seriously.

I was surprised that he said it so directly.

“Err… Hehehe… Sorry about yesterday…” I laughed embarrassingly.

“Why are you sorry?” He grinned mischievously, as if enjoying my panic. “Did you do anything wrong?”

“I’m kind of a disgrace, isn’t it?” I mocked at myself. “A celebrity, being drunk during a party and ended up crying because of another guy.”

“I prefer to think that as….” He paused. “An act of honesty.”

“An act of honesty?” I was interested by his words.

“You see… once a person enters this industry, not only will he be covered by glamour that no other people have, he will eventually cover his heart with lies.” He sighed. “I know of many people who entered this industry with an innocent heart, but eventually turned to stranger who hid all their true feelings.”

“What about you?” I asked him.

“I did hid a part of my true self from the screen.” He winked. “Only my closest friends have seen it.”

I laughed when he winked.

“Being a gentleman, is only a part of me that everyone wanted to see. And so, I made it looked like I was 100% gentleman on screen.” He explained. “There isn’t a perfect person in this world…”

I thought for a moment.

Is it really so?

“I like this side of you.” Taeyang rested his chin on his hand. “The side when you are not afraid to show your feelings for someone else.

I blushed.

Although I did not really thought of Taeyang as my ideal type, but I have to admit that he gives off an aura that made me feel so relaxed and comfortable. Just like how my blanket feels, warm and fluffy.

After a long chat, I convinced him that I’ll pay the bill by allowing him to treat me to a movie in return.

 

Hyunseung’s POV

I waited at the door when the 4minute girls returned.

But Gayoon wasn’t among there.

“Hi Hyunseung” They grinned.

“Where’s Gayoon?”I asked directly.

“Kekekeke… Gayoon unnie must be enjoying herself now.” Hyuna giggled.

Jihyun and Sohyun nodded.

“OMG!!! WITH BIG BANG’S TAEYANG!!! I’ll be the first ‘Gayang’ fan.” Jiyoon said excitedly.

“Me second!” Hyuna raised her hand. “But Gikwang oppa is definitely much better than him. But when it comes to body, I don’t know… I’ve only seen Gikwang oppa’s abs…” She mumbled.

Just then Gikwang came out and pinched Hyuna’s cheeks lightly.

“Don’t think about other guys except me.” He growled and put his arms around her shoulder. “Taeyang’s is definitely not as good as mine.”

Jihyun rolled her eyes and stood between both of them.

“Gikwang, keep you distance from our Hyuna.” She glared at him. “Although both of you are dating now... but we must keep this relationship a secret. Hyuna is still young.”

Suddenly, they started a commotion on their own.

I got pissed off by the interruption.

“SO WHERE IS GAYOON NOW?!” I yelled.

Everyone kept quiet.

“Gayoon unnie went to the movies at XX cinema with Taeyang oppa.” Sohyun said calmly.

“Thanks.” I immediately dashed towards the cinema.

“What’s wrong with him? He and his weird tempers.” Jiyoon did a merong towards the direction he ran.

“Another couple is going to be born.” Jihyun said with a sly smile.

“What couple?” Just then, Doojoon appeared behind her.

“Why did you scare me!” Jihyun screamed and gave him a punch at his chest.

“OUCH! That hurts! What did I do?!” Doojoon shrieked and ran away as Jihyun chased him.

 “Look who’s talking.” Sohyun grinned.

 

Gayoon’s POV

In the end, we did not go to the movies.

Because Taeyang was too famous, fans started gathering before we even made it to the tickets counter.

“Sorry about it.” He apologized while driving.

“Blame it on your popularity.” I joked as I closed my eyes for a nap.

 

 

Taeyang’s POV

 

As time passes, I realized that time flies when I’m with her.

It never felt so comfortable and natural when I am with a girl alone.

I won’t deny that I actually liked her.

From the time I saw her dancing around the fountain with no shoes on.

Like a fairy, so free and happy.

I wanted to ask her out, but it will be my first time ever… I had no experience in this kind of relationship before.

My heart started thumping hard against my chest.

After a while of silence…

“Gayoon…” I hesitated for a moment. “I was wondering, if you can consider… being my… girlfriend?”

When I finally completed my sentence, I turned to look at Gayoon.

She was sleeping.

I sighed.

I guess she did not hear it afterall…

 

Gayoon’s POV

OMG…

Did I just hear something?

Did he just confessed to me?

Fortunately, my eyes were closed so he thought that I was sleeping.

My mind is in a mess now.

I was so afraid that I’ll hurt him if I rejected him straightwaway…

At least pretending to be asleep will buy me some time…

Just then, Taeyang pushed me lightly.

“Gayoon… we’ve reached your dorm already.”

I rubbed my eyes and looked around.

“Thank you for sending me back. Let’s meet again someday. Bye” I thanked him and went out of the car without looking back, fearing that he would call me.

But he did not.

 

“Where have you been? Your movie ended so early?” Jiyoon dashed towards me when I stepped into the dorm.

“We never watch the movie.” I sat on the sofa and stared at the ceiling.

“Why?” Hyuna came to sit beside me.

I looked at these 2 gossip girls.

“Not telling you.” I meronged and escaped into my room.

 I jumped onto my bed and checked my phone.

I turned it silent earlier because we were going to movies.

 

“WHAT?! 30 MISSED CALLS?!”

 

Hyunseung’s POV

“SH*T! Why isn’t she picking up her phone?” I grumbled when I called her for the x times.

“She must be enjoying her date.” I gritted my teeth.

I am her boyfriend! How can she just go out with other guys without informing me?

I glared at my phone.

Although we may not be 100% real couple, but I’m still ‘legally’ her boyfriend.

Just then, my phone rang.

It’s Gayoon.

“WHERE ARE YOU?!” I shouted at the phone.

“I… I’m at the dorm…” Gayoon stuttered.

“Don’t go anywhere. Wait for me.” I ended the call straightaway.

 

Gayoon’s POV

Why must he be so…. Mad?

Did I do anything wrong?

But I can’t think of anything.

I trembled upon the thought of him seeing me later.

Will he kill me?

*Shivers*

I better escape first.

I quickly packed my stuff and headed for the door.

Just when I reached the gates, a taxi stopped beside me and Hyunseung opened the door.

“Get in.” He commanded with a stern face.

I opened my eyes wide with fear.

 

Hyunseung’s POV

Throughout the whole journey, I kept quiet.

I was feeling relieved that I found her, but also quite angry that she abandoned me for Taeyang.

I was also feeling unpleased when I felt that she was scared of me.

Finally, we’ve reached our destination.

“This is my secret hangout.” I held her hands and led her towards a room at the rooftop.

When we entered the room, I showed her around.

It may be small, but this was once my best place to hide away.

“I used my savings to buy this place because it’s quiet and nice. It even has a nice view.” I pulled the curtains.

“You’re the first girl here.” I told her seriously.

 

Gayoon’s POV

I looked around me and was surprised when he said I was the first girl to know of his ‘secret hideout’.

“Why… did you bring me here?” I asked.

“Because I wanna prove something.” He looked at me. “I’ve been acting very weirdly recently, I can’t differentiate if I had feeling for you or not.”

I listened to him quietly.

“But when I thought that you were with Taeyang, I panicked and felt sour.” He avoided my gaze. “It was as if I was a jealous wife.”

I giggled.

Suddenly, he placed me something into my hand.

I opened my hand.

It was a key.

“That’s the spare key to this flat.” He looked away. “I think that maybe I figured out that I had some feelings for you. Gayoon, I’m not sure how much, but I think I like you more as days pass.” He mumbled.

I was so touched when I heard his sentence.

I don’t care what was the truth or lies in this sentence, but for this moment, I am willing to believe that he meant it when he said it.

I hugged him tightly.

Finally, at least I know that he did not think of me as a nobody.