I Love You

Scandal in the Cube

 

Gayoon’s POV

Ding dong~

Who is it?

“Cody unnnie? Is that you?” I said as I opened the door.

A cold smile appeared on face of the sudden guest.

I took a step back.

“Hyeyoung?”

 

Hyunseung’s POV

When I walked out of the elevator, I heard a scream.

Fear gripped my heart.

Don’t tell me…

I quickly went towards the direction where the noise came from and was shocked to see Hyeyoung walking towards Gayoon with a knife on her hands.

“I won’t let you take him away from me.” She growled with her eyes lost in focus.

Her condition must have worsened.

Gayoon’s in danger.

I darted towards Gayoon and protected her with my arms spread wide.

“Stop it, Hyeyoung.” I persuaded. “Stop hurting everyone.”

Hyeyoung was shocked by my sudden appearance but she recovered soon enough.

“Hyunseung…” She smiled dreamily. “Do you know how much you mean to me? No one else knows me as well as you do.”

I felt Gayoon trembled behind me and I held her hand lightly to give her assurance.

But Hyeyoung saw it and she lost control.

“STOP HOLDING HANDS, OR I KILL HER.” Hyeyoung threatened and ran towards us.

I quickly step forward to stop her but the knife left a deep cut on my right arm.

Hyeyoung stared at my bloody wound with her eyes wide opened.

 

“You..” Hyeyoung gritted her teeth and looked at Gayoon with hatred.

 

She wanted to aim for Gayoon this time but I immediately grabbed her wrist, took the knife and shoved her away.

“STOP IT!” I shouted. “It’s over.”

 

Gayoon’s POV

Within 10 minutes time, police and the ambulance arrived.

Hyeyoung was being takened away by the police and I was giving a police statement.

Everything happened so fast and my hands were still trembling due to fear.

I looked at Hyunseung who was sitting on the sofa and was being treated by the medical staff.

It’s all my fault.

I bit my lips, trying to withhold my tears.

If Hyunseung did not try to protect me, he would not have gotten such a deep cut.

 

Hyunseung’s POV

“Gayoon, are you ok?” I looked worriedly at Gayoon who lowered her head.

“I’m fine…” She croaked.

I finally noticed the change in her voice so I pushed her chin up with my finger.

A drop of tear rolled down the corner of her eyes and she quickly wiped it away.

“Are you afraid?” I asked.

She shook her head. “I know you’ll protect me.”

“Then why are you crying?”

She touched my bandaged arm. “Does it still hurt?”

I realized what she was thinking and I pulled her into my embrace tightly.

This girl…

How can she touched my heart so easily?

“Don’t hug me so tightly.” She panicked and struggle. “You may hurt your arm.”

I ignored her and continued hugging her.

“I don’t care even if my arm rots.” I confessed. “As long as you forgive me for my dumbness.”

“Don’t say such unlucky words.” She frowned when she checked my wound again. “What if it really rots?”

“So you’ve forgiven me?” I took her hand and kissed it.

A scar on her wrist caught my attention and remorse filled my heart.

“I’m sorry.” I blurted. “Will you forgive me?”

She blushed when I traced my fingers along her scar.

It must have hurt.

My eyes began to feel warm and I realized I was crying.

Gayoon stared at me and she wiped my tears away.

“I’ve got a wound because of you… And you’ve got one too because of me.” She mumbled.

I could not breathe as I listened to her sentence.

“But I still love you, Hyunseung oppa. Just like this scar which will never go away.” She finally admitted with a smile.

I was so relieved when I heard her answer and I pulled her closer.

“I love you too, Gayoon.” I saw her eyes twinkled in delight before I bent down to kiss her.