New Trainee

Scandal in the Cube

 

During practice

Nobody’s POV

“Attention everyone” Mr Shin walked into the dance practice room and everyone stopped.

“From today onwards, there will be a new trainee joining our Cube family. Let’s welcome him.” Mr Shin announced as he stepped aside.

A mysterious guy was standing behind him with his head down.

“Is he cute?” A girl whispered to another.

“Maybe? Can’t see quite clearly though…” the other girl replied softly.

 

Everyone started discussing about the new trainee when Doojoon stepped out.

“Hey guys, let’s have this guy introduce himself.” He shouted and turned towards the trainee.

“Hi, my name’s Yoon Doojoon, nice to meet you.” He placed his hand out and smiled.

“Hi everyone, my name’s Son Dongwoon.” That guy smiled widely and went to greet everyone. He did not notice Doojoon’s hand and was happily introducing himself to everyone.

Doojoon was fuming behind Dongwoon’s back as he quietly put his hands back into his pocket.

HAHAHA, Doojoon hyung just got PWNed!!

“Dongwoon-ssi, how old are you?” Yoseob asked.

“I’m 19 (Korean age) this year.” He grinned.

“So you’re a dongsaeng.” Doojoon laughed sarcastically. “You looked much older than your age.”

 “Yes, everyone says that I looked like a matured man.” Dongwoon replied with an innocent smile.

Doojoon stared at him and rolled his eyes.

Such a dumb guy. Can’t he see that Doojoon hyung was being sarcastic?

 

“Sohyunnie!!! Is that you?!” Dongwoon shrieked when he saw Sohyun entered the room.

 

“Dongwoon oppa?”

 

Sohyun’s POV

 

“Dongwoon oppa?” I looked closely at the tanned guy standing in front of me.

“Yes! Sohyunnie! You’ve grown sooo much!” He smiled and gave me a hug.

I giggled and put my hands on his head.

“Oppa, you’ve grown a lot too.” I teased.

“Of course, oppa was born to be a handsome and tall man.” He grinned.

“Oh please, give me a break.” I giggled.

 

Oh, forgot to introduce him to the readers.

He’s Son Dongwoon, my distant cousin and also my big brother when I was young. His family moved to Arab a few years ago and I have lost contact with him ever since then.

We used to be really close and he would even protect me from those bullies in school.

I can’t believe that it has only been a few years and he had grown really much.

 

“Oppa, why are you here?” I asked.

“Well, I migrated to Arab with my family few years ago and we ate a lot of Arab curry there. The curry there tasted so nice, ya know. But I got sick of it soon since it became the only thing we ate… ” 

 (Author’s note: Dongwoon is a very talkative guy, who just can’t stop talking random stuff. Amazingly, Sohyun enjoyed his craps.)

 

“And then, ya know, the sun was so big there, like as big as a black hole. I became so tanned and almost looked like a local. Even Mom and Dad were almost as black as jajeongmyeon” He joked.

“And then?” I laughed softly, wiping my tears from the corner of my eyes.

Dongwoon oppa is still as hilarious as before.

“All the girls in my school would call me the ‘Arab prince’ since I looked so dashing and royal. You won’t believe how many fans I had there, like the whole population in school. It was then when I realized that my looks should be used at better places. So I came back to Korea to become an idol.”

“HAHAHAHA, seriously?” I burst into laughers again.

I was enjoying my comfortable time with Dongwoon oppa when suddenly, I felt a strong gaze behind me. I turned around to find the origin of the gaze.

 

It was Yoseob who was staring at me and Dongwoon from a corner. He was pouting his lips like a baby. He looked like he was about to cry.

When he spotted me looking at him, he immediately smiled and dashed towards us.

“Sohyunnie, what’s your relationship with this guy?” He whined and pointed at Dongwoon.

“Mr Yang, I see no reason why I should answer this lame question of yours.” I rolled my eyes.

“Dongwoon oppa, let me take you to find appa.” I turned towards Dongwoon, grabbed his hand and headed for the door.

“Sooohhhyyyuunnniee~ I also wanna go too.” Yoseob whined and followed us from behind.

“No.” I replied coldly as I cruelly closed the door in front of his face.

Hmph, he’s always bugging me. Why must he be disturbing me when I’m talking to Dongwoon oppa?

 

Yoseob’s POV

I was feeling very depressed to find myself being left out. Sohyunnie seems so happy to see Dongwoon. I’ve never seen her laughed like this to any other guy trainee before. I can’t help but feel jealous.

Who is that Dongwoon? Why are he and my Sohyunnie so close?

I started to stare at those two, hoping Sohyunnie would notice me.

Sohyunnie~ Look at me… Oppa is feeling very left out here…

Surprisingly, Sohyunnie seemed to read my thoughts and she spotted me at the corner.

 

“Sohyunnie, what’s your relationship with this guy?” I pointed at Dongwoon.

I need an answer.

“Mr Yang, I see no reason why I should answer this lame question of yours.”

“Dongwoon oppa, let me take you to find appa.” She suddenly turned towards Dongwoon, grabbed his hand and headed for the door.

“Sooohhhyyyuunnniee~ I also wanna go too.” I whined and followed them

“No.” Sohyun replied coldly and closed the door.

WAE…. Sohyunnie TT