Sohyun's Cute Pest

Scandal in the Cube

 

Sohyun’s POV

If you have known me 3 years ago, you’ll never expect me to end up in this place. Yes, I’m a trainee in Cube Entertainment current and yes, I’ll be debuting soon. Surprised? Me too. Why? Because I am just an average girl (=average looks, figure and average EVERTHING).

You may have wondered that I must have some exceptionally incredible talent. Guess what, I don’t.

 

(Author’s note: But Sohyun can sing well.^^)

 

So how did I get in to this Cube Entertainment? Well, I just got lucky because my dad works here as a manager and when he found out that I have interest in performing (because I joined Choir), he got me in (without audition).

Unbelievably, I am going to debut in a week time. A WEEK TIME. I can’t believe how ‘lucky’ I was.

 Not that I don’t like being in an idol group and having fans (don’t be mistaken), but it’s just that I’m the oldest child in my family, and ever since my mom passed away, I’ve been taking care of my 2 dongsaengs. If I debut, I’ll be very busy and will no longer have time for them. However, if I debut, I’ll be able to earn more money to support the family. So, why not?

 

“ANNYEONG! SOHYUNNIE!!” A guy waved at me, smiling widely.

Psk, him again.

Yes, the guy who waved was Yang Yoseob. A DANGEROUS character.

You may think that “Yang Yoseob? Isn’t him the cutest guy ever?” Come on girl, open your eyes.

 

He always acts like he is a harmless child, but man, he’s scary. He freaks me out because of his ‘so-called-cuteness’. He hops, whines, cries and disturbs. (And HE’S 20 YEARS OLD THIS YEAR – Korean age.) Sometimes, he even sticks to people... like a gum.

 

One word to describe this human being – troublesome.

He’s even more of a troublemaker than my dongsaengs at home.

Female trainees in Cube always loved his aegyo-ness (especially noonas). But me, eww, no. I’m not like any other girls who like cute stuff, not that I hate them, but cute stuffs are just not my kind.

 

Yoseob’s POV

Being cute is my specialty. It’s totally my style.

Girls go crazy over me because I’m cute.

I like cute.

Ain’t I cute?

 

I looked around, feeling very bored when I just spotted Sohyun step out of the lift.

“ANNYEONG! SOHYUNNIE!!” I waved at her with the cutest smile on my face.

She looked at me for a second and turns away, pretending like she did not hear me.

“SOHYUNNIE~” I whined as I followed her into the dance practice room.

“…”

She puts her bag at a corner and walked away.

“SOHYUNNIEEE~”

“…”

She continues to ignore me and walks towards the disc player.

Feeling a bit depressed for the fact that I was treated like thin air, I started to irritate her.

“SohyunnieSohyunnieSohyunnieSohyunnieSohyunnie…..” I chanted towards her left ear.

“What do you want?!” She yelled.

“Nothing.” I grinned, feeling very happy that I’ve finally gotten her attention.

 

Sohyunnie has always been different. She has always been a special person in my eyes. She was the only one who never liked me.

Ok, you may think that I’m boasting that everyone likes me, but it IS the fact. I have very good relationship with almost EVERYONE in this building, but not for Sohyunnie.

For example, everyone laughs at my joke, but not Sohyunnie; everyone says I’m cute, but no Sohyunnie; everyone likes my aegyo-ness but not Sohyunnie.

 

Usually, I don’t like bugging people, but I LOVE bugging Sohyunnie. Her reactions and expressions make me happy. It’s becoming a habit, a very addicting habit.

 

“Congratulations on your coming debut.” I opened my arms. “Let oppa give you a hug.”

“Thanks, but I don’t need a hug.”Sohyun replied.

“Come on, don’t be shy.” I got closer towards her and spread my arms even wider.

“No.” She moved backwards.

“Come on, baby.” I took a step forward.

“No.” She turned away.

“Don’t you want my hug?” I gave her a sad look and pouted my lips.

“Don’t irritate me, Yoseob.”

“Sohyunnie, why didn’t you call me oppa?” I asked. Suddenly, I was very curious why Sohyunnie has never called me oppa, even though I didn’t mind it at all.

“…” She looked at me. “You’re sure you wanna know?” She grinned.

“Yes, tell me~”

“Because in my eyes, you’re not an oppa.”

“Then, I’m a unnie?” I joked.

“… LAME…” She rolled her eyes.

“Then why?” I asked again.

“Would you call a 3 years old boy hyung?” She asked.

“No, of course not.” I replied honestly, not getting her point.

“Then why should I call you oppa?” She laughed as she left the room.

 “Huh?” I scratched my head, feeling very confused.