Farewell Party (Part 2)

Scandal in the Cube

 

A guy was holding her by her waist. It took me just a second to recognize that the guy was Seungri.

Hah, the last 2 people whom I wanna meet in this whole wide world.

“My, my… Isn’t this Hyunseung?” Seungri smirked.

I shrugged and grinned. “Well, isn’t it great to see you here, BIG STAR” *Sacarsm*

“Of course, are you jealous?” Seungri pecked Hyeyoung on the cheeks and grinned at me.

“Ya… stop it.” She whined and pushed Seungri away.

“Are you feeling shy because Hyunseung hyung is here?” Seungri tightened his arm around her.

“No… of… course not.” Hyeyoung stuttered.

I stared at them quietly, trying to pretend that I did not feel anything. But, those painful memories started to flow back and it was killing me.

 

It’s been 3 years ever since I last saw them.

I was a trainee in YG Entertainment and all 3 of us were best friends along with Jiyong, TOP, Taeyang and Daesung.

All of us were really close and we would spend most of the time practicing together.

I’ve always liked Hyeyoung since the first day I met her. She was nice and very comfortable to be with. All of us pampered her like a princess. She is like a rose in the greenhouse which needs extra care. I was always there for her.

 During those days, I have confessed to her several times but was always rejected because of her ‘family issues’.

Until the day when the CEO Mr Yang told us that the 6 of us were given the chance to debut as a hip hop idol group.

That night, she accepted my confession suddenly and we dated secretly, because I was about to debut.

I rather she rejected me then.

Because what she loves, was only herself.

 

A month later, I was disqualified and was feeling very upset. So, I went to look for her. However, little did I expect myself to end up in a situation like a typical Korean drama.

I did not get what I wanted, but only to find her kissing with Seungri in the practice room.

I felt so betrayed that I went and gave Seungri a punch. We fought crazily after that. Even the others can’t stop us when they saw it.

It wasn’t that long before Mr Yang heard about this incident. And of course, I was ‘kicked out’ of YG Entertainment.

I mean, who would kick the debuted member out instead of a trainee?

Such a realistic world.

I could never forget what Hyeyoung told me on the day I left.

 

//Flashback//

The ‘Big Bang’ members and Hyeyoung were sending me off at the entrance of YG.

Hyeyoung walked up to me and passed me a present.

I could not contain my anger so I glared at her.

“Why Seungri?” I questioned her. This time, I’m determined to get an answer before I leave.

I just can’t let it go.

Hyeyoung bit her lip and looked down.

“Tell me.” I grabbed her hand to prevent her from escaping.

Tell me something… Just something that will make me give you up…

“Hyunseung oppa…”She spoke with a quivering voice, still reluctant to say anything.

“Because you’re not good enough.” Seungri snorted behind her. He walked towards us and pulls Hyeyoung away. “Because I’m about to be a star, and you’re not.” He smirked.

I clenched my fist and was resisting the temptation of sending it towards his face.

“Is that true?” I glared at Hyeyoung who was hiding behind Seungri.

“Mian hae…”

//Flashback ends//

 

“How’s life?” Hyeyoung asked softly. “Do you have a girlfriend now?” She hinted with a smile. I realized that 10 minutes have passed and I’m still standing here, facing her.

Apparently, from what I last remembered, Seungri has left after receiving a call from his manager.

Hmph, must have been some Big Bang schedule.

Why didn’t he bring her away too?

Girlfriend?

No, I don’t have one. But I’m never going to say it out. Even if I die.

 

“Yeah.” I mumbled. I shoved my hands into my jeans pocket to make myself look less nervous.

Gosh… Can’t she just disappear?

“Really?” Her eyes widened. “You must be joking with me right?”

“Why would I?” I smirked and stared at her. “You think that I’ll still be the same old lad as 3 years ago?”

I felt a moment of victory when I saw her face turned white and mouth opened.

“Hyunseung oppa…” She slowly came closer and her eyes were wet. “I’m really sorry… I”

“I don’t need any apologies.” I stopped her. “I’ve had enough, I’m leaving.”

“Hyunseung oppa…” She called again as I started to walk away.

Never will I be turning back… NEVER…