It's Complicated

Scandal in the Cube

 

Doojoon’s POV

I was walking back towards the dorm when I spotted Jihyun walking back from the other side.

“Jihyun!” I shouted and waved.

Jihyun saw me and then walked away quickly.

Trying to avoid me?

I ran to her.

“Hi, Jihyun.” I tried to be friendly to her, but only to receive her ‘Go-away-Doojoon’ glare.

I continued to pester her while walking back together.

“Hey, Jihyun. Sorry about the other day.” I took the initiative to apologise. I have been feeling rather guilty these few days whenever I think about the incident.

I admit that I was at fault the other day. I kissed her accidentally. Note – ACCIDENTALLY. Not that I wanted it to happen.

Jihyun continues to ignore me.

I grabbed her hand to stop her from walking away. She turned and looked at me with her eyes wide opened.

“Jihyun, we’re from the same company and now we’re even neighbours… We can’t hate each other, right?” I sighed.

“Fine.” She threw her bag pack on the ground. “Let me give you a punch first.”

*shocked*

“What?!” I exclaimed and jumped away from her. “You’re serious?”

She nodded and held her fist up to position.

 

Fine, Doojoon. Just bear with it a second.

I close my eyes and was waiting for it.

After 10 seconds, nothing happens.

I opened one eye and saw her smiling at me as if nothing has happened.

She gave me a merong and walks away.

I was caught off guard.

“YA! NAM JIHYUN!” I yelled and chased after her.

 

Jihyun’s POV

From the corner of my eyes, I spotted Doojoon running after me.

That PABO.

I already ‘forgave’ him, can’t he just let me leave?

I ignored him and continue walking.

“Ya! Nam Jihyun!” He caught up and was walking beside me.

“What?”

“Are you free now?”

“Why?” I was a bit surprised that he asked me.

“Nothing.” He grinned. “Just thought that I haven’t be able to treat you nicely ever since we knew each other. Let me buy you a drink.”

What?! Yoon Doojoon is offering to buy me a drink?! Is the sun rising from the west?

“You don’t dare to accept it?” He smirked.

“Say whuut?”

 

-At the café-

After finding a seat near the window, a waiter came towards us.

“Hi, what would you like?” He smiled at me.

“I want a cup of ice latte. Thank you.” I smiled back.

 

Doojoon’s POV

That girl is practically two-faced. She acts so innocent and angelic in front of others, but was always rude and mean when we’re together.

“I want the same thing as that girl ordered.” I put the menu on the table.

The waiter took our orders but did not leave. His face turned red.

 “Are you Nam Jihyun from 4minute?” He smiled shyly at Jihyun.

Jihyun nodded and smiled sweetly.

“Can… I… get your… signature?” He passed her a pen and paper. “I’m… your… fan” He stuttered.

Idiot.

I rolled my eyes when I saw Jihyun thanked him and signed on the paper.

They even took a picture together. And, I, Yoon Doojoon, was the cameraman.

*Pissed*

After a while, that waiter finally left.

“Must you be so different?” I said sarcastically.

“What?” Jihyun looked at me innocently. “This is fan service.” She grinned.

“But you looked like you enjoyed it.” I mumbled to myself.

 

After a while, our drinks finally came.

As this was the first time we have ever been so ‘peaceful’ with one another, we felt awkward.

 

“So… how’s it going between you and Gina unnie?” She asked suddenly.

I was caught off guard by her question.

Come to think of it, Gina noona has not called me for the past week.

“Nothing much.” I shrugged my shoulders, trying to show that I’m cool with it.

“What about you?” I asked her back. “I’ve never seen you with anyone before.” I tried to change the conversation.

Is Jihyun blushing? Her cheeks turned pink.

“… *cough*” She took a sip from the cup and choked. “I just have not managed to find the one. *cough*”

She continues to drink from the cup quietly as if it will take forever to finish it.

I smiled and was feeling very relaxed.

Despite our quarrel every time, Jihyun was always the girl who could make me feel comfortable with.

Is it because I never treated her as a girl before?

***

Junhyung’s POV

I was alone in the dorm, playing computer games when suddenly, the doorbell rang.

Who’s that?

I opened the door and saw Jiyoon standing outside. She was wearing a jogging suit with a towel over her neck and a cap on her head.

“Hi, Junhyung.” She waved and grinned.

“Yea? What’s up?” I folded my arms and leaned against the door.

“You must be free now, right?” She sneaked into the house and was looking around.

“YA!! JIYOON! Don’t come in like it’s your house.” I tried to block her but she was too strong.

“No one else is in?” She asked.

“Everyone else has schedule.” I walk back to the computer and started playing again.

“Junhyung, go jogging with me please.” She pleaded.

“No.” I rejected her without a second thought. I hated exercising, especially jogging. That was the most boring exercise ever.

“But you need to exercise.” She tries again.

“I’m exercising my fingers now.” I clicked the mouse. “Sh*t, I missed.”

Jiyoon puffed her cheeks and put her hands at her waist.

“Yong Junhyung, you’re the last option I have.” She complained. “Everyone else was busy, except for you.” She pulls me out of the chair.

“YA!!! MY GAME!!!” I groaned when I saw her exit my game without saving.

*Cries*

“Go change now. Hurry up.” She shoo-ed me into my room.

Unwillingly, I dragged my legs into the room.

After 15 minutes, I came out of the room and saw her doing stretching exercises at the living room.

“Let’s go.” She smiled happily and pushed me out of the house.

 

-At the park-

I was forced to do some exercises with her before we started jogging. After 50 jumping jacks, I felt so tired and wanted to go back home.

I stared at Jiyoon who was doing exercises happily.

Does this person ever feel tired? She reminds me of Dongwoon, who was also another hyperactive kid.

I feel so tired and hungry.

“Jiyoon.” I thought of an idea. “Let’s have a race. Whoever reaches the tree at the other end later, will have to treat the other party to ice cream.”

Immediately after I completed the sentence, I dashed off without waiting for her. I could hear her screaming from behind.

 

Jiyoon’s POV

“HEY!!! THAT’S CHEATING!!!” I yelled at Junhyung who went quite far away already.

He can really run.

How could he be so ungentleman. Oh wait, he’s not even a gentleman.

*Pouts lips*

I raced behind him.

I don’t want to lose.

While trying to catch up, I did not notice there was a stone in front of me and I tripped over it.

“Ouch.” I rubbed my kneecap which was bleeding from the wound.

It hurts.

“Jiyoon? Are you alright?” Junhyung shouted from a distance away and started running back.

He kneeled down beside me and started inspecting my wound.

“Just a few scratches. Use this towel to stop the bleeding.” He took his towel off and wiped my wound. “You’ll be alright.” He comforted me.

I nodded and observed him.

His touch was so gentle as if he was afraid he would hurt me.

I felt a bit touched and almost wanted to cry.

“Does it still hurt?” He asked me softly and I shook my head. After a while, he turned his back towards me. “Climb on, I’ll carry you back.”

I was surprised.

“I don’t need any…” I tried to reject him but he interrupted.

“Just climb on.” He said without looking back.

I slowly climbed onto his back and put my hands around his neck. He stood up and lifted me.

When he stood up, I could hear his groan.

“Am I too heavy?” I asked him, feeling very worried but I could not see his expression.

“For a person who eats a lot, you’re kind of light.” He joked and walked slowly.

I leaned against his back and could feel that he is breathing very hardly.

I felt guilty.

Jeon Jiyoon, next time you should just eat lesser.