Call Me Gikwang Oppa (Part 1)

Scandal in the Cube

 

Gikwang’s POV

*Knock*

“Come in.”

I entered the room quietly.

“Hey, Gikwang. Take a seat.” Mr Shin signaled me to seat on the nearest chair.

“Gikwang.” He paused and let out a sigh. “Do you know why you’re here?”

Urm…I was beginning to have a bad feeling about this.

I shook my head and sat up straight.

Did I do anything wrong?

 

“Don’t take my words too seriously.” He paused again and frowned. “The management and I had a long talk about this. Do you know that the company is preparing to debut a new guy group after 4minute’s success?” He asked.

I nodded.

I have heard of this news before from Jaemin hyung. He said that the company wants to debut a 5 member boy group at the end of this year.

So… what does it got to do with me?

“We were thinking….” He paused again. I got nervous when he set his serious gaze at me.

“We think that maybe you should debut with the group too.” He said.

What? Me?

As if noticing my surprise, Mr Shin started to explain.

“We thought that since you have many stage experiences, it will be helpful if you were able to be in this group. Also…” He continues on. “We hope that your name will be able to get some recognition to the group before the group debuts. So…. Are you ok with that?” He asked.

I smiled.

“Yes, Mr Shin. I would love to join the group.” I grinned.

Phew…. I thought I was in trouble….

 

“Really?” Mr Shin raised an eyebrow and stared at me.

“Yes.” I smiled.

“Great. Haha. So you shall go get ready for your training.” He stood up and gave me a pat on my shoulder.

I was about to leave the room when suddenly Mr Shin called me.

“Gikwang, you should stop using your stage name AJ now, since you will be debuting in a group soon. We’ll just stay with your name Gikwang.” He told me with a warm smile.

I nodded and left the room.

I’m glad that I was back to ‘Gikwang’ now since I did not really like my stage name AJ before.

Yeah! I’ll be debuting in a group soon. I’ll have team mates along the way.

 

I hopped down the stairs and went towards the small mart at the Cube building. I feel like sharing my joy with someone.

Maybe I should buy something for her.