My Nemesis (Part 1)

Scandal in the Cube

 

Doojoon’s POV

When I entered the singing lesson classroom, I saw Yoseob sitting at the chair quietly, spacing out. I wanted to call him but suddenly, an evil thought flashed through my mind.

Kekekeke…. Yang Yoseob… kekekeke…

I sneaked behind him and took a deeeepppp breath.

“Hey Yoseob! Wazzup?!!” I shouted towards his ears and slapped on his back. Yoseob immediately jumped up and almost fell to the ground. I laughed out loud upon seeing his startled face.

When Yoseob saw that it was me, he frowned and pouted his lips.

“Hyung, stop sneaking up on me like that.” He complained.

“Haha, sure…” I paused. “IN YOUR DREAMS! HAHAHAHA!”

Yoseob looked down and remain quiet. I was a bit surprised by his weird behavior today, maybe he was a bit too emo. He wasn’t not like this usually since we would usually tease one another.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“…” He looked at me with a sad expression.

“What?”

“… Never mind” He said softly and looked down.

Pissed… = =’

“Yang Yoseob, you better tell me before I attack your weak spot.” I threatened and pointed my finger at his waist.

“Noooo… Hyung~” He begged and looked at me with those puppy eyes.

“No use acting pitiful.” I said harshly.”Shoot.”

Yoseob looked down and began to say what he saw today.

“Just now, I walked past Mr Shin’s office and heard him telling Jihyun about 4minute’s debut in 2 weeks time… Hyung, when will it be my turn to debut?” He asked.

“So you’re getting all emo over this small issue?” I raised an eyebrow.

Yoseob nodded and looked at me with tearful eyes.

“Psk, debuting doesn’t mean anything. Having the talent is what that will make you a big star.” I scoffed. “Jihyun is still too young to be a leader to take her group to the top, unlike me. If it was me, I’ll definitely be able to bring my own team to the highest top.” I said proudly.

 

“Look who’s dreaming early in the morning.” A female voice rang from the door. I looked up. It was Jihyun.

“I don’t know who it is, but it’s definitely not me.” I pretended to be clueless.

“Well, someone is being definitely being sour over our debut stage.”She hinted.

I glared at her.

Ok… she is definitely looking for a fight. And I, Yoon Doojoon, never lost one.

“YAH… Nam Jihyun, why would I be sour when I’ve got what it takes, unlike someone.” I grinned and looked at her.

I was satisfied when I started to see her breathing deeply.

Haha… somebody is angry… ^^

“Hah, I didn’t know that narcissism is also a talent.” She grinned.

“YAH Nam Jihyun, try going through JYP’s hell training and I’ll admit that you’ve got it.” I glared at her.

I was waiting for her to argue back but she remained quiet. Just then, Yoseob tapped me on the shoulders.

 “Hyung, stop arguing, Mrs Kim is here…” Yoseob whispered into my ears and I turned around to see Mrs Kim looking at me with one eyebrow raised.

“Hehehe… Hi Mrs Kim, you look beautiful today.” I complimented.

“Mr Yoon Doojoon, lesson has begun, please take out your notes.” Mrs Kim said without any expression before turning around to write notes on the board.

I heaved a sigh of relief and saw Jihyun grinning at me.

Hmph… I was tricked by her again…

 

***

 

I knew it was kind of mean for me, a guy, to bully Jihyun… but she was born to be my nemesis.

10 years ago, everything was going well for me. I lived my life freely, because my parents allowed me to have freedom in everything I do. I hung out with my friends and we skipped lesson together to have fun. Life was so much fun until Jihyun and her family moved next door…

 

// Flashback//

It was not long before my mother got close to Jihyun’s mother. They love to talk to each other about us and would often visit each other’s house.

As days passed, these 2 crazy women started to try getting me and Jihyun together so that they could be in-laws. Fortunately, Jihyun and I had no feelings for each other.

However, we were studying in the same school then and soon, rumour spread around.

 

“Hey Doojoon, where’s your wife-to-be, Jihyunie?” A friend of mine teased.

“Stop it! She’s not going to be my wife!” I yelled at him and all my friends giggled.

I have had enough! Why is everyone thinking that she is my wife?!

 

I was very moody until school ends. When I returned home, my mother was waiting for me.

“Yoon Doojoon! Your teacher called home today and said that you’ve missed 2 lessons and even failed your mid-years!” She yelled at me.

“Sorry, mom…” I apologized softly.

My mother’s expression softened.

“Why can’t you be like Jihyunie? She is such a good girl and I heard she even got a scholarship for her results.” She sighed and walked out of the house.

Jihyunie again? WHY IS IT HER AGAIN?! WHY IS EVERYONE MENTIONING ABOUT HER!!! WHAT IS SO GREAT ABOUT HER!!!! ARGH!

I felt so pissed that I ran up the stairs and slammed the doors. That was the first time I have ever been so angry.

// Flashback ends//

 

 Ever since that day onwards, I have treated Jihyun as my nemesis and my only competitor.

I love singing and performing since young, and have always had dreams of being an idol singer performing in front of my fans and going on a world tour. Therefore when I found out that she entered Cube Entertainment, I auditioned myself for JYP Entertainment to prove my abilities. Unfortunately, I was eliminated during the last round of selection and ended up being transferred to Cube Entertainment.

The more I think about it, the more I felt that my life was inseparable from hers.