Heart To Heart

Scandal in the Cube

 

Doojoon’s POV

What’s wrong with me?

I have been behaving really weird ever since Gina noona was back.

My mind kept on thinking about Jihyun when I am with Gina noona and this made me feel really guilty.

Just because of this problem, I almost messed up Gina noona’s MV recording today.

 

//Flashback begins//

It was a scene when both me and Gina noona hug each other.

But I kept on feeling awkward and could not grasp the feeling which the director wanted.

“Put your hands tightly around her waist and smile lovingly. FOCUS!” The director shouted at me after a loud CUT.

It was my 3rd NG on this scene.

“Why are you spacing out?” Gina noona held my hand. “Are you unwell?”

“No…” I avoided her worried gaze.

How am I supposed to tell her that I was thinking of Jihyun when I see her face?

“Let’s do it like how we do it usually.” Gina noona winked. “We often hug each other, isn’t it?”

“Yeah…”

That was a year ago….

After several tries, I finally succeeded in the skinship scenes.

Man… I wonder how would Jihyun react if she sees this mv.

The awkwardness between us seems to have built up.

I wonder if the problem lies on me.

 

//Flashback ends//

 

“Let’s go for a drink together to celebrate the end of my MV shooting.” Gina noona suggested after changing into her normal clothes.

“Ok.” I felt abit uneasy when she linked her arms with mine.

 

 

-At the roadside stall-

Something is wrong with Gina noona today. She has been trying to drown herself with alcohol.

“Stop drinking already…” I snatched the 6th bottle of soju away from Gina. “You’re going to be drunk.”

“Give it back.” Gina whined and tried to reach it.

“What’s wrong with you?” I frowned. “Why are you being like this?”

“I’m just too happy today.” Gina looked at me without focus. “I completed my debut mv. It was a dream come true.”

She smiled dreamily at me.

“But I lost Doojoon…” She dropped her shoulders. “For the sake of my dreams…”

I was stunned.

“What are you talking about?” I gave an awkward smile and patted her back, trying to comfort her. “I’m here… isn’t it?”

“But your heart…” She pointed on my chest. “It’s not…”

“Gina noona… I…” I tried to think of another topic.

“Doojoon…”

When I turned my head to look at her, Gina noona suddenly moved her head nearer and was about to kiss me.

“What are you doing?” I panicked and jumped up. “You’re drunk, noona.”

“You like her, right?” Gina smiled bitterly. “Don’t try to hide the truth. I know you even better than yourself.”

“Noona… Sorry…” I apologized and decided to be truthful.

“How ironic is my debut song.” She pulled a sacarstic smile. “I’ll back off so you can live… Is that some kind of prediction?”

I remained silent.

 

Gina’s POV

It’s against my wishes to hurt Doojoon again.

Although I loved him and was really angry at him for doing this to me, I have no right to do so. Especially after I left him behind a year ago.

At that moment, I made a decision.

 

“Let’s part our ways from now on.” I announced as I stood up.

 

I know where I stand and I’m not that kind of girl who will continue to pester a guy whose heart is gone. At least I’m the one who ended this mistake.

 

“Jihyun is a nice girl, Doojoon. And you know what I mean.” I closed my eyes and sighed.

And that’s all the blessing I can give.

 

“You’re drunk. Let me take you home.” Doojoon insisted.

But I rejected him. “I’ve asked my manager to pick me up… And I’m not drunk… You forgot that my limit was 10 bottles of soju, Doojoon.”

Then I turned around and walked away with my head up high.

 

Doojoon’s POV

I stared at her as she left.

AHHH… PABO DOOJOON!

Guilt gripped my heart.

Why am I hurting such a great girl?

 

Thank you… Gina noona…

I quickly paid the bill and darted out of the bar.

 

Jihyun’s POV

“Stop crying already…” I sat down beside Gayoon who has been crying for the past few days.

“Hyunseung is such a jerk.” Jiyoon pouted her lips. “All Beast members are mean.”

“Why? Did you have a fight with Junhyung?” Sohyun giggled.

“He… Hmph!” Jiyoon turned her head around and kept quiet.

“Just leave him, unnie.” Hyuna joined in. “We’ll protect you from him.”

I sighed and gave Gayoon a hug.

“There will be a better guy for you.” I comforted.

Maybe this sentence was also for me.

Afterall, we both chose a guy with his heart attached to another one.

“How can I forget him…?” Gayoon bawled. “My heart’s not mine anymore. But he doesn’t want it either, if not, he won’t be doing this to me.”

“I don’t know… Maybe time will heal all wounds…” I wiped off her tears.

Yeah… time will erase all feelings, and I will be able to face him again.

 

Doojoon’s POV

To: Nami

Can you come to the park near our dorm for a moment? I have something to tell you.

 

I sit on the bench and stared at the stars, feeling abit nervous.

How should I spell it out to her?

How will she react?

 

“ARGH…” I growled and stood up.

I need some practice before she comes.

“Hey Nami… I like you so let’s get together.” I winked at the lamp post.

Nonono… this seems cheesy.

“Jihyun… I think I have feelings for you. Can you be my girlfriend?” I bent down and stretched out one hand.

Err… This is awkward…

“Nami… I want to be your guy.” I said seriously.

NONONONO!

“AHHH!!” I shouted out in frustration. “Why is it so hard to confess?”

“Confess what?” Jihyun suddenly appeared at the end of the path.

I quickly stood up.

“You’re here.” I smiled awkwardly. “Here, take a seat.”

“What’s with you?” Jihyun elbowed me and laughed. “Why are you so weird suddenly?”

 

Jihyun’s POV

Despite my efforts, my heart still can’t stop racing when I see him.

Fortunately, my voice did not reveal my feelings.

Jihyun… you have to act normal if you still wanna be friends with him.

But Doojoon is acting abnormal today.

“I have something to confess to you today.” He looked at me seriously.

Suddenly, I feel the awkward change in the atmosphere between us.

“Hehehe… are you alright?” I giggled, hoping to lighten up the mood, but the look in his eyes made my heart skipped a beat.

“I broke up with Gina noona today.”

“WHAT?!”

 

Doojoon’s POV

There was a moment of silence and all I hear was the trees rustling.

After a while, Jihyun finally opened .

“Is it because of me?” Jihyun panicked and bit her lips. “I’m sorry… I did not mean to…”

My heart ached when I see her blaming herself.

“No...” I held her hand and forced her to look at me. “It’s all because of me.”

“I fell for you.” I confessed. “After spending those times with you, I realized that you are becoming an important part of my life. I want you to be by my side, will you say yes?”

“Nonono…” Jihyun tried to stop me from continuing. “You like Gina unnie… Not me…”

“It’s you.” I insisted as I wiped her tears.

“Why me…?” She looked confused and afraid.

“I don’t know.” I hugged her tightly. “But I want you.”

Jihyun remained quiet but I can feel her tears dripping on my shirt.

“Are you willing to accept me?” I asked again.

I felt her head nodding.

“I’m not sure when you will lose your feelings for me… but until then, I’ll be with you.” She mumbled.

“So you actually have such low confidence for me?” I joked and stole a kiss. “I will keep on kissing you until you believe my heart.”

“YAH!” Jihyun whined. “I did not know you are so dirty-minded.”

“I don’t mind if I can enjoy the benefits.” I grinned.

Jihyun blushed and hit my chest with her fist.

“AH! A-po (painful)” I pretended as I covered my chest and fell off the bench.

“Yahh, stop pretending and get up.” Jihyun folded her arms.

I ignored her and continued to cover my chest.

I even bit my lips to show that I am in pain.

Suddenly, I thought that I have great potential to be an actor.

 

After 10 second, Jihyun squatted beside me and wanted to check my ‘wound’.

“Are you really hurt? Did I really use that much force?” She panicked and put her hands on my chest.

Upon feeling her hands, I quickly pulled her arms and she fell on me. When she fall, I kissed her lips sneakily and laughed.

“YOON DOOJOON! URGH!” She quickly stood up and walked away.

“Don’t be embarrassed!” I stood up and walked behind her. “We’re a couple anyway. Kekeke…” I grinned.

“I don’t know why I fell in love with you.” She said loudly without turning back.

“SO you admit that you actually liked me?” I laughed. “Of course, who can resist my charima? HAHA…”

“You’re such a thick-skinned fella.” She glared at me and continued to walk away.

“Come on Nami…” I caught up with her and held her hands.