The Cube Couple

Scandal in the Cube

 

Doojoon’s POV

I entered Cube Entertainment as usual for practice.

Just like everyday, I greeted everyone I met at the walkway.

However, today seems different. Everybody seems to be giggling when they see me.

Why? Is there something on my face?

Suddenly, our manager hyung pulls me into a corner.

“Doojoon ah.” His eyes were twinkling. “Guess what? You are going to be on the wonderful show!” He said excitedly.

I frowned. “What wonderful show?”

It was seldom to see my manager hyung so hyper, except when he sees SNSD. PSK.

“You are going to be on the show ‘Idol scandal!” He squealed.

Idol scandal?!

“You mean that show where a male idol dates a female idol?!” I asked.

Hyung nodded and was grinning widely. “You’re happy right? Lucky fella, I wonder who you got paired up with. What if it is Tiffany from SNSD. AHHH, I’m so envious.” He whined.

*Face-palmed*

What I don’t need, is a random unknown idol girlfriend. I already had a girlfriend.

(Author’s note: Idol scandal is a fictitious variety show which I randomly make up. It is just like Mnet scandal, but between 2 idols.)

“Can I not go?” I asked softly and hyung immediately hit me on the back of my head with his knuckle.

“Don’t be complaining.” He growled. “Man would kill to be in your position.”

I rolled my eyes.

“Fine.” I surrendered. “It’s just for 3 months anyway.”

 

Jihyun’s POV

I can’t believe how ‘lucky’ I was.

“Jihyun, you’ll going to be on the show ‘Idol scandal’, right?!” Hyuna exclaimed. “I heard it from our manager just now. Don’t deny it.” She grinned.

“Really?” Gayoon moved closer. “Do you know who is it?”

I shook my head. “I’ll only know it on the day we film.” I replied.

I wanted to reject this show at first, but I thought maybe this show could help us to improve in our popularity.

“SMS us when you know who it is, unnie.” Sohyun teased. “We wanna know who is our brother-in-law.”

“Yes yes yes…” I said sarcastically.

I was really reluctant in doing this show, because I do not know how to date a guy. I get really stiff when I meet strangers.

*Face-palm*

 

-Day of meeting-

I arrived earlier today to get ready.

When I got out of the car, the camera crew starts filming away.

“Where is the guy?” I asked one of the staffs. He shook his head and passed me a card and a rose.

I read the card.

“Bringing the rose which marks the start of our love… Let’s meet at XXX cafe.” I read out aloud.

A shiver went down my spine.

Now it’s beginning to feel real.

 

I scanned around and spotted the cafe just across the street.

 

 

Doojoon’s POV

I sat on the chair at the café and looked out the window.

I wondered who will be the one.

 

 The rose was sitting on the table quietly and I was beginning to feel slightly uncomfortable because the cameraman was standing next to me.

I checked my attire once again.

Someone looks so charming today.

I grinned.

 Jihyun’s POV

I opened the glass door and took a step in.

Where is he?

I walked around the café and saw a guy sitting by the window. I noticed the rose on the table.

Is he the one?

I took in a deep breath and walked towards him

As I got closer and closer, his facial features become clearer and clearer.

DOOJOON?!?!?!

Is this some kind of joke?!

I really wanted to leave the place immediately, but the camera was still filming me. If I just leave like this, I don’t know how I can explain myself.

“Hello…” I said politely. “Doojoon.”

 

Doojoon’s POV

“Hello… Doojoon.” A sweet voice rang above my head.

I looked up and saw her.

My mouth was wide opened.

JIHYUN?!?!?!

“You…” I pointed at her.

After a while, I saw Jihyun’s glare and noticed my action was inappropriate. I quickly calmed myself down.

“Take a seat.” I pulled out the chair for her like a gentleman.

“Thanks.” She said sweetly.

*Goosebumps*

We did a short introduction to each other and the staff passed us another mission card.

Jihyun’s POV

“To celebrate our first date, let’s have fun at Lotte world.” Doojoon reads out aloud.

“…”

“Let’s go.” Doojoon smiled and pulled me off my chair.

Must he do that?

The cameraman followed us onto the van and continued filming. I was feeling very uncomfortable and was kind of stiff when the camera faced me.

 

Doojoon’s POV

It was Jihyun.

My ‘girlfriend’ is Jihyun.

Surprisingly, this fact made me heaved a sigh of relief.

Maybe because she is someone I know, not a random stranger.

I stared at her side view and noticed that she was avoiding my gaze.

“Jihyun.” I called her. “Should we have a pet name for each other?” I suggested.

She looked at me with her eyes wide opened.

“Pet name?”

I nodded. “We need to be more comfortable with each other.” I explained. “Pet names will be helpful.”

She agreed to the idea and I started brainstorming.

I observed her. “Nami” I said with a cheeky smile.

I wanted to call her ‘hyun’ but it seemed too common. ‘Namji’ seems nice but I prefer ‘Nami’- my favorite character from One piece.

 

“Nami?” Jihyun stared at me.

I grinned.

“Fine, then you shall be Yooni.“ She gave a cheesy smile. I could even spot a small victory grin at the corner of her lips.

‘Yooni’ sounds so gay.

For the sake of the show.

I told myself once again.

 

“Ok.”

 

After a long ride, we finally reached the famous amusement park, Lotte World.

 

“Where do you wanna start playing?” I asked her softly. As it was a weekend, there were quite a lot of people in the amusement park. I put my hands around her waist to protect her.

 

Jihyun’s POV

I shivered when Doojoon put his hands around my waist.

It felt a bit itchy and awkward.

He was so close to me that I could even smell his cologne.

“I think we should go to the skating ring.” I suggested. I hate those thrilling rides, it is so scary and your hair will get so messed up when you get off the ride.

“Ok.” He agreed and we went towards the skating ring.

However, I started to regret when we reached there.

I realized that I had forgotten how to skate, because the last time I skated, was when I was 7 years old.

*Face-palmed*

“Do you know how to skate?” I asked Doojoon who was staring at those people in the skating ring.

“I’ve never tried it.” He shook his head. “You don’t know too?”

*Face-palmed x 2*

I was expecting it to be like those couples in the typical drama, like the girl doesn’t know how to skate and her boyfriend would teach her. Both of them will hold each other’s hand and skate together…

What is with my partner?

I pouted my lips and shot a glare at him. He gave me an innocent look.

“How to wear this skates?” He pointed at the pair of skates lying on the floor.

*Face-pamed x 3*

This guy is definitely trying to play a fool on me. I could even spot the cameraman laughing at the side.

Since I have some experience in the past, I bent down and helped him put it on.

Who says Cinderella has to be a girl?

 

In the end, we decided to hire a couch to teach us the basic.

The male coach held my hand and led me around. He said I was a fast learner and it was not long before I learnt how to turn and skate on my own.

 

I grinned at Doojoon who was sitting outside the ring and looking at me.

 

Doojoon’s POV

Must it be a male?

I glared at the male coach.

Must he be so happy?

Why is he holding her hand?

Must Jihyun be so happy too? Her face looked as if it is going to split into half.

 

I sat at the corner, observing them. Something is burning in me and I gritted my teeth.

Jihyun grinned at me when she e round on her own. I gave a thumb up for her.

The staff hinted that since Jihyun knows how to skate well now, she should be the one teaching me.

I agreed happily. At first, Jihyun was reluctant, but she also agreed in the end.

I don’t dare to think about why I’m so happy, but I know that something in our relationship will change.

 

Jihyun’s POV

Doojoon was smiling cheekily when I held his hand and trying to teach him.

He could not even stand properly and he was trembling.

“Hold me.” He pleaded. “I’m going to fall.”

“You’re too heavy.” I complained. “Hold on my shoulder.” I commanded.

“I can’t.” He shrieked. “I’ll fall.”

I rolled my eyes.

Is this Yoon Doojoon? Leader of Beast?

I really felt like laughing at his coward face, but I decided to be nice and hold my laughter in.

“I know you wanna laugh.” He mumbled when I led him around. “Just laugh all you want. I know I look dumb.” He pouted his lips.

“No, you are so cute when you’re afraid.”I chuckled.

Cute?

Did I just said the word ‘Cute’?

Both of us heard it and we went quiet.

I took a peek at his face and saw him trying to look away.

I feel like biting my tongue.