I'm Her Brother, Boyfriend And A Friend (Part 1)

Scandal in the Cube

 

Jiyoon’s POV

“Hey Hyuna, are you free tomorrow?”

“I’m sorry, Jiyoon unnie.” Hyuna smiled apologetically. “I need to go school tomorrow.”

“…Oh…really….” I pouted my lips.

“Really.” Hyuna pouted her lips too. “Why don’t you ask the rest?” She pointed towards the living room where everyone else was.

“I’ve asked all of them already.” I dropped my shoulders. “Leada doesn’t want to go. Gayoon needs to go singing lesson. Sohyunnie needs to go school too.” I listed out.

“So…. I’m your last option?”She continued for me.

*Nods*

“Mian hae, unnie.”

“It’s okay…” I sighed and walked out of the room.

I have called and asked all my close friends, but everyone was busy. I need someone to accompany me for a body check up tomorrow as requested by our manager oppa.

Who should I call?

I scanned my contact list once again.

All my girl friends had rejected me already, and there were only guys left.

BUT I CAN’T ASK A GUY OUT TO ACCOMPANY ME!!!!

*On the verge of going crazy*

Almost instantly, I remembered someone.

 

Junhyung’s POV

I don’t understand why I agreed to go with her in the first place. It happened so suddenly, and I just said okay. So here I am, standing outside the train station, waiting for her.

//Flashback//

-Yesterday night-

I was reading a magazine on the sofa when suddenly, my phone rang.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Erm…” A familiar voice came through. “Is this Junhyung oppa?”

“Yeah. Are you Jiyoon?” I asked.

“Hey Junhyung oppa!” Jiyoon shouted through the phone and I immediately pull the phone away from my ear.

Ouch.

“Yes?” I replied politely, trying to stop myself from yelling at the hyperactive girl. My ear was still burning from the pain.

“Erm…” She paused. “Are you free tomorrow?”

“…”

“I need somebody to accompany to somewhere.” She sounded very desperate and her tone was almost begging.

“I… should be free? I think?”

“Really?! THAT’S GREAT!!” She yelled again. I could even hear her jumping up and down. “So I’ll see you outside XXX station tomorrow at 2.00pm. Thanks! Bye!”

And she hung up.

And I was stunned.

What a random girl.

//Flashback ends//

It’s 2.00pm now.

I took a look around and spotted one girl wearing hoodie with sunglasses. She was looking around like a thief and that made me laugh. When she spotted me, she ran towards me in small steps.

“Hi.” She grinned and started to look around again. “Do you think that anyone will recognize me?” She asked and was about to put on a mask.

“I don’t think you need that.” I stopped her. “If you put that on, you look more suspicious.” I took her sunglasses away too. “Sunglasses is your image, so you should put it away.” I explained.

“Really?” She raised an eyebrow. “Do I really look so different from stage if I take away my sunglasses?”

*Nods*

“I’ll believe you.” She gave me a wink and puts her sunglasses back into her bag.

“So… where are we going today?” I saw her taking a piece of paper and looking into it. Feeling very curious, I took a peek.

“We’re going here.” She pointed on the big fat words in the title.

XXX Women Clinic

*Jaw drops*

 

-10 minutes later-

“Are you sure that I should go in too?” I repeated for the 10th time again.

“Junhyung oppa, why are you so embarrassed?” She hissed as she pushed the door open. “You should be familiar with this kind of places, right?”

I think I heard what she’s trying to say.

I felt helpless. Should I just follow the flow of her script?

I took in a deep breath and followed her in.

Jihyun walked towards the reception counter and I sat on the couch at one side, trying to make myself look cool. From the corner of my eyes, I spotted the nurse and those ahjummas giggling at the side.

One of the ahjummas came to sit beside me.

“Hi, young man.” She smiled warmly. “Are you here to accompany your girlfriend?”

I returned an awkward smile.

“Ahjumma, anniya (it’s not).” Jiyoon replied loudly when she came back. “He’s my oppa.” She lied.

I raised my eyebrow and glared at her.

“Ahjumma knows everything.” The ahjumma pat her hand and smiled.

The other ahjummas laughed and started to gossip about us.

(Help me, will you?) Jiyoon shot me a glare.

(But you’re the one who started it.) I sat back and look at her coolly.

(But…) She panicked.

I sighed and stood up.

“Ahjummas, she’s really my dongsaeng.” I gave her a pat on her head.

The ahjummas giggled and nod their heads. After a while, Jiyoon was called into the doctor’s room and I was left ouside, guarding her bag.

Time passes really slowly and I got really bored. I walked towards to the magazine stand and started to scan through some random female health brochures (There were only that kind of stuff there :X).

A few minutes later, Jiyoon came out of the room and tapped me on the shoulder.

“So, you’re actually into this kind of stuff?” She giggled.

“What?” I looked at her blankly since I have been kind of daydreaming all this time, so I could not catch what she was saying.

“That.” She pointed on the cover of the brochure.

I flipped the brochure around to see and felt super embarrassed immediately.

How to deal with PMS.

Oh….My….Gawd….

“No.” I gave her a stiff smile. “I read it for the sake of my mom.”

Mom, sorry for using you as an excuse.

“It’s okay, unnie.” She laughed. “I’m curious about these things too.”

This is getting way too out of hand. I need to do something else.

“Are you done now?” I continued with another topic as I dump the brochure back to where it was. “I’m hungry.”

“Yup. The doctor said the report will be out next week.” She grinned and grabbed my hand. “I know of a place that has great food. I’ll take you there.”

I stared at her hand holding mine as we made pass through people in the street.

I felt something strange.