Gayoon's New Responsibility

Scandal in the Cube

 

Gayoon’s POV

After the performance, we went back to the dorm together in a bus.

I have agreed to meet Hyunseung at 8pm and I dolled up myself on purpose. Although I did not know why he asked me out, I wanted to be at my best when I meet him.

5 minutes before 8, I waited patiently at his doorstep. My heart was thumping loudly. I have never gone out with a guy before and especially someone whom I’m interested in. I have no idea what to do.

He came out a while later and we felt awkward.

“Let’s go.” He smiled and tried to make things less awkward. “We’ll be going to this restaurant by bus 890.” He pointed on the map.

I nodded and followed him.

Fortunately, as we were still ‘rookies’, nobody recognized us on our way.

When we found a seat at the end of the bus, we went quiet again.

“Why did you ask me out tonight?” Feeling very curious, I decided to ask him.

“Because I need you to help me with something.” He told me softly, his eyes were avoiding mine as if they were guilty of something.

“What do you need me to help you with?” I asked him again.

“Before I tell you…” He paused. “Let me tell you a story. 5 years ago, when I was still in YG, I met this girl …”

I remained silent and listened to his story closely.

When he told me how he fell in love with that girl, I envied that lucky girl.

When he told me how they got together, I felt happy for him.

When he told me how she betrayed him, I felt so sad for him.

When he told me how he and Seungri fighted, I felt angry for him.

As he finally finishes his story, I could feel that his heart was still in pain and has not let go of what happened.

“So…” He pulled a smile. “I’m a pabo right?” He mocked himself.

I shook my head. “It’s not your fault. I would do that too if I were you.”

“It felt much better since I finally told someone about it.” He told me. “It felt as if a burden was lifted off my back.”

I was glad that he told me about it too.

Hyunseung’s POV

It was kind of unexpected that I would pour everything out to Gayoon so naturally. But, I was relieved that she did not mock at me.

“I need you.” I confessed to her. Her eyes widened with shock. “Are you willing to help me?” I asked her softly, afraid of a rejection.

“But you don’t… like… girls, right?” She asked.

I was confused.

“What do you mean by ‘I don’t like girls’?” I questioned. Her facial expression looks like she knows something about me which I don’t know.

Don’t tell me…

“You think I’m gay?!”

 

Gayoon’s POV

Isn’t he… gay?

Why is he looking at me like that?

His eyes look as if it is going to burn me alive.

“What makes you think that way?” He asked in a dangerous tone, moving closer. He looked like he is going to eat me.

“Someone told me that you…. And… Junhyung…bo… bo …ed” I stuttered, feeling afraid.

After a while, he laughs out loud, attracting the attention of the people in the bus.

 

“Don’t laugh.” I pushed him. I was feeling very embarrassed.

He leaned back and looked at me.

“I’m perfectly straight. OK?” He smiled. “I like girls and don’t like guys.”

OMG, really?!

Suddenly I felt like rushing back to the dorm and rip Jiyoon alive.

 

Finally, we reached the stop.

“Are we meeting her now?” I asked softly. I was feeling a bit of a coward now.

“It’ll be alright.” He said and held my hand. “Just act naturally.” He reassured.

We went into the restaurant together.

Almost instantly, I spotted Hyeyoung sitting at one table at the corner. We went forward.

“Hey, Hyeyoung.” Hyunseung called her name.

“Hyunseung oppa!” Hyeyoung looked at us immediately, but her smile fell upon seeing me.

Hyunseung pulled me a chair to sit beside him like a gentleman.

“Hyeyoung. This is Gayoon, my girlfriend.” He introduced. “You met her last time, remember?”

“Hi, Gayoon-ssi.” Hyeyoung smiled but her eyes were glaring at me.

“Hi.” I said softly with my head down. I was afraid that my lousy acting skill will make this show busted.

 

“Let’s order food.” Hyunseung suggested and took the menu. “What would you like?” He asked me first.

“Chicken chop.” I pointed at the picture on the menu. Hyunseung pushed his chair closer.

I felt shy because this was the first time I saw him this close.

In the end, both of us ordered chicken chop.

 

Hyeyoung looked at us suspiciously.

“Hyunseung oppa.” She pouts her lips. “I thought you’re coming alone.” She hinted.

“Did I?” Hyunseung faked ignorance. 

“Hyunseung oppa~” She agy-eoed.

 

During the whole meal, Hyeyoung kept distracting Hyunseung and talking to him about the good old days.

I felt outcasted again.

While I was cutting the meat, suddenly, Hyeyoung accidentally knocked over her orange juice and the orange liquid fell over my light-coloured jeans.

“OMO!” Hyeyoung shrieked. “I’m sorry, Gayoon-ssi.” She apologised immediately and attempted to pass me tissue.

“It’s okay.” I patted my jeans. “I need to go to the toilet.” I excused myself and left the table.

Just what am I here for?

//Flashback//

-Back on the bus -

“So…” I hesitated to ask Hyunseung who was staring out of the bus window. “What am I suppose to do?”

Hyunseung looked at me with a serious face.

“Be my girlfriend.” He said with a smile. “Just for 3 months. I need to give her up and let her give me up too. I will never bother you ever again after this.” He promised.

3 months only? I was wishing it would be for real.

I sighed.

“What if I wanted you to ‘bother’ me for my whole life?” I mumbled to myself.

“Did you just said something?” Hyunseung looked at me. I shook my head.

“Nothing.”

//Flashback ends//

 

I washed up a bit in the toilet and went out. When I was walking back to the table, I saw from a distance, Hyeyoung was hugging Hyunseung. I could not digest what was happening and so I went towards them.

Hyunseung’s POV

I saw Gayoon left her seat and went towards the toilet. I was about to leave my seat to accompany her.

Just then, Hyeyoung pulled my arms.

I looked back and saw her looking at me with watery eyes.

“Hyunseung oppa, can’t we start over?” Hyeyoung pleaded.

I was surprised by her sudden change. “What are you doing?” I pushed her hands away but her grip was too tight. People start noticing us. I was embarrassed.

I sat down.

“Hyeyoung…” I try to think of words to comfort or calm her down.

“Oppa…” Hyeyoung held my hand. “I still love you, oppa.”

I was shocked by what she said. She still loves me?

Nono, Hyunseung, wake up.

Before I could stop her, she came forward and hugged me.

“Hyunseung oppa?” It was Gayoon standing behind us. I immediately realized what was happening and pushed Hyeyoung away.

I put my hands on Gayoon’s waist and held her closer. “Hyeyoung. I have a girlfriend already.” I pulled Gayoon closer and pecked on her lips.

Gayoon was shocked and she was very stiff.

Fortunately, Hyeyoung did not notice it and she was glaring at us.

“I’m sorry, Hyeyoung.” I apologized. “We need to go now. And I’ll pay for the meal today.” I passed the money to the waiter and walked out of the restaurant, holding Gayoon’s hand.

 

Gayoon’s POV

I was shocked.

Did…. Did… Did… he … just… kissed…me?

OMO!

My mind went blank.

After we stepped out of the restaurant, I finally realized where I was.

“Are you alright?” Hyunseung patted my shoulder, looking very worried.

I nodded.

When I look at him, my face was flustered. I can’t stop thinking about the kiss.

I can’t stay here any longer.

“I got to go. I’ve… got something on later.” I pretended to look at my watch and started ran away.

I know my excuse was lame, but if I stay there any longer, I scared I will confess my feelings.

 

Hyunseung’s POV

I looked at Gayoon running away and smiled.

I know she was lying.