Doojoon's Love Pain

Scandal in the Cube

 

Doojoon’s POV

From: Gina noona

Let’s meet at usual spot tonight at 9.

 

It was 7pm now.

What did she want to tell me about?

Surprisingly, I did not feel excited as usual. Instead, I somehow felt that something bad is going to happen.

Maybe it’s just that we’ve never seen each other for some time.

I tried to find excuses to explain my weird feelings and continued with my physical training.

 

“Doojoon, focus on your push-ups. You’re unstable.” Minhyun hyung started to hold me on my shoulder as I lowered my body towards the ground.

49…50…51

 

Gina’s POV

I’ve made my decision but my heart was in pain.

I wondered how Doojoon would react if I told him about it.

I shivered upon thinking about it. Doojoon has always been a very proud guy. And that was one of the reasons why I liked him.

But now, I know that what I’m doing, will crash him into pieces.

 

Doojoon’s POV

8.30 PM

Practice ended early so I went to the usual spot earlier than expected.

I’m just too excited to meet noona.

I leaned on the railing, and started waiting for Gina noona.

This was our usual spot, the rooftop of Cube Entertainment.

No one comes here because it was usually banned from trainees. We discovered a way in here around 7 months ago when we were finding a place to hide from other trainees. It was our secret.

We spent many wonderful times together here. This was one of my favorite places because it held memories of me with her.

9:00 PM

It was cold and I could even feel the strong wind slapping my face. I zipped up my jacket and started to puff air to warm my hands. I sat at a corner to block myself from the wind.

I scanned around me. No one. Although it was very dark, I could still see a bit of everything.

After a while, I hear someone opening the door.

 

“Noona?”

 

Gina’s POV

“Noona?”

It was Doojoon.

“Yeah.” I walked towards the direction where the voice was coming.

Doojoon stood up.

Under the moonlight, I could catch a glimpse of his smile. His eyes… they were sparkling like the stars.

I felt a pain in my heart.

How can I bring myself to say it?

“Doojoon ah…” I held his hand and got closer towards him.

“Yes noona?” He pulled me into his embrace lightly.

I remained quiet as I enjoyed the moment of comfort with him.

How I wished this moment will last forever.

“Noona, your hands felt so cold.” He whispered into my ear.

He held my hand up and started to rub it between his hands. He even puffed air to warm me up.

A tear dropped silently down my face. I took out my hands from his and gave him a hug. I quietly wiped my tear away.

I don’t want him to see me cry.

 

“Doojoon ah…” I hugged him tightly and felt his arms wrapping around my waist tightly too.

“Yes?” He rested his head on my shoulders.

“I… have… something important.. to say…” I stuttered.

Unwillingly, I pulled myself out of his embrace.

I took a step back and sighed.

“What is it?” Doojoon said softly and took my hand.

“Noona… needs to leave Korea for a while.” I turned around. I could not bear to see Doojoon’s reaction.

“What?! Why?” Doojoon yelled. I could feel his grip on my hand as he pulled me back to face him.

“Mr Shin told me a few days ago…”I paused and took a deep breath. “He told me that I was chosen to have an opportunity to go America to learn from a famous instructor. I’ll be leaving in a week time.”

Under the dim moonlight, I saw Doojoon’s glare at me. I could not breathe for a moment. 

“How long will it take?” He asked.

“… 1 year…” I answered softly. “It’s a short amount of time… I’ll be back before you know it.” I grabbed his hand with my hands, trying hard to convince him that 1 year is not going to break us apart.

Doojoon shook my hand away. I look at him with surprise.

“Noona… you know what… 1 year is never the issue.” He sighed and turned around to look at the scenery. “The problem is that you never wanted to tell me anything, you never thought of me before.”

I was dumbfounded by his words.

“But…”I walked towards him.

“Noona…” He paused and I stopped. “I have no confidence… that I’ll be able to…” He said softly with his back faced me.

“I… understand.”

Silence.

 

Jihyun’s POV

I hid behind the doors as I witnessed something I did not expect to see.

Doojoon and Gina unnie…