When AJ Meets Hyuna (Part 1)

Scandal in the Cube

 

Hyuna’s POV

“Hyuna, remember that you’ll have a MV shooting for AJ’s ‘Dancing Shoes’ MV at 4pm.” Jaemin oppa reminded again before he left the dancing studio. “Seyeon will come down later around 3 to bring you to the recording studio. Make sure you’re ready before then.”

 

“Ok, got it.” I sighed as I sat on the chair. I have just ended my regular dancing practices with my ‘going-to-debut’ group members and I was exhausted.

 

“Woah, Hyuna, this is great! Do your best for us!” Jihyun cheered and gave me a hug. “But I’m sooo tired, Jihyun unnie...” I pouted my lips, leaning my head on her stomach.

 

“Hyuna, I’ll give you my strength…HAH” Jiyoon shouted as she does the Street fighter’s Ryu’s Hadougen handsign. “Did you feel that?” She looked at me anxiously. 

 

“ =_=||| ….Yeah…Thanks… Jiyoon unnie, I needed that.” I smiled.

 

Since a month ago, our CEO, Mr Shin, informed me that I’ll be featuring in AJ’s coming album. Well, actually, I have never really got to know AJ in person before. He was always busy with his own practices and promoting activities. Even for his new song ‘2009’ where I was supposed to be featured, our parts were recorded separately, which means, we never actually get to meet.

 

Now, I’m supposed to appear on his ‘Dancing Shoes’ MV. I’ve memorized all my moves and practiced it many times, but on my own, again.  

 

I wonder what kind of guy he is, hope he’s nice?

 

3.30PM

Hyuna’s POV

 

I followed our Cody unnie to the shooting scene to get ready for the shoot. There were many production staff there and I suddenly felt very nervous.

 

“Seyeon unnie, I’m not feeling very good now, can I go and get a cup of hot chocolate?” I begged.

 

“Ok, but be back in 10 minutes time, you need to get changed.” She replied.

“Yes...”I answered.

 

I walked out the door and down the stairs to find a drink vending machine. I stared scanning the rows of buttons for a cup of hot chocolate.

 

Hot chocolate….Hot chocolate… There it is!

 

I inserted my coins and was about to press the button that says ‘HOT CHOCOLATE’. Just then, an unknown finger pressed the button for green tea. I was shocked and looked behind immediately. It was a guy wearing a black beanie and sunglasses. His hair was around the length of his shoulders and he looked at me too.

 

“Thanks for drink, babe.” He grinned before he bent down to take his green tea. He smiled at me and patted my head before he turn and walked away.

 

Wow… this guy’s smile was cute… *Spazzle* Omo… WHAT THE HECK WAS I THINKING!!! He took my drink!!

 

After a minute, I realized what happened and was furious. I tried to find him, but he was already nowhere to be seen.

 

“Haiz… blame it on my bad luck… I only brought enough coins for one cup of drink….Stupid guy, he stole my drinks… ” I mumbled and looked at the vending machine with craving eyes.

Hot chocolate…. Annyeong… TT

 

Unwillingly, I bidded goodbye with my beloved hot chocolate and went back to the studio.

 

“Oh Hyuna, there you are, here, put on these clothes.” Seyeon unnie started nagging and threw a pile of clothes towards me when I walked into the changing room.

 

“Neh…” I answered obediently.

 

After 30 minutes, I changed into the pink sportswear and had my make-up on. The first which I’ll be shooting will be at a basketball court and I was supposed to be looking at AJ dancing. One oppa led me towards the set and will be introducing me to the filming director, Mr Yong.

 

When I reached the set, everyone was quiet. They were filming a guy who was wearing a beanie and he is waking up from the bed. That guy has hair to the length of his shoulders, and he looked kind of familiar to me.

 

Hold on a sec… shoulder length hair? The coin thief?! No wonder he looked so familiar!!! Argh, so unfortunate to see him here… Why is he here? Mr Yong is filming him…. Don’t tell me… he’s…

 

“Good take, AJ!” Mr Yong smiled and everyone heaved a sigh of relief. “Ok every one, let’s move on to the next scene.” He announced. Everyone started moving things and were busy preparing for the next scene.

 

“Hyuna, I believed you should know him, he’s AJ.” Jaemin oppa introduced and pushed me towards AJ who was drinking a cup of green tea.

Green tea that was bought with MY coins.

I glared at AJ and put on a ‘I’m so not interested’ face.

 

“AJ, this is Hyuna. She’s going to debut in a group soon. Hope you’ll take good care of her.”

 

“Of course. Hi, Hyuna. Oh! You’re the wonderful kind pretty lady who treated me to a cup of tea just now.” AJ grinned and gave me a hug.

 

I was shocked and immediately pushed him away. “Yah, please don’t touch me.” I said coldly and gave him the ‘I don’t like you’ stare.

 

“Hyuna, he’s your oppa. You must respect him.” Jaemin oppa warned me with a low soft voice. After noticing Jaemin oppa’s stern expression and I turned slowly to stare at the irritating smiling face.

 

“Annyeong haseyo AJ oppa, I’m Hyuna and hope that you’ll take good care of me during the shoot.” I mumbled the words unwillingly and did a 20 degree bow.

 

“Never mind, I am always forgiving to my dongsaengs.” He grinned and patted my head. He winked at me suddenly before walking towards the changing room. I shivered in disgust.

 

Gikwang’s POV

I had just finished a scene and was enjoying my cold green tea when I felt someone patted on my shoulders.

 

“AJ, this is Hyuna. She’s going to debut in a group soon. Hope you’ll take good care of her.” Jaemin hyung introduced and I saw a girl standing in front of me.

 

“Of course. Hi, Hyuna. Oh! You’re the wonderful kind pretty lady who treated me to a cup of tea just now.” I immediately recognized the girl whom I encountered just a while ago.

 

//Flashback//

 

I was waiting to get changed but felt a craving for green tea suddenly.

 

“Jaemin hyung, I need to get myself a drink. I’ll be back in a jiffy.” I whispered.

 

After getting Jaemin hyung’s consent, I sneaked out of the door and darted down the stairs.

 

Green tea…. Green tea….

 

When I reached the vending machine, I saw a girl standing in front of it. As she was taking a long time to look at the buttons, I put my hands into my pocket to get my wallet.

 

Where’s my wallet! SH*T, I must have left it in my bag when I hurried down here…. But I am DYING to have a cup of green tea…

 

Suddenly, I saw the girl inserted coins into the vending machine and I immediately pressed the button that says ‘GREEN TEA’. The girl stared at me and I gave her an angelic smile. “Thanks for drink, babe.” I said and patted her head.

 

The girl stoned there as if she was strike by lightning and was staring at me with mouth opened. I smiled and walked away.

 

This girl is cute ^^. I hope she won’t mind if I spent her coins because I did not have my wallet with me. It’s just 1000 won anyway.

 

//Flashback ends//

 

I was so happy to see her that I went to give her a hug. Almost immediately, she pushed me away.

 

“Yah, please don’t touch me.” She said coldly.

 

Judging from Hyuna’s expression, I guessed she was pissed and she seemed to detest me. I felt really guilty.

Just then, I saw Jaemin hyung whispering something to her and Hyuna turned towards me with a friendly (or more, awkward & forced friendly) smile.

 

“Annyeong haseyo AJ oppa, I’m Hyuna and hope that you’ll take good care of me during the shoot.” She mumbled the words and did a 20 degree bow. I was amused by her unwilling expression.

“Never mind, I am always forgiving to my dongsaengs.” I grinned and patted her head.

***

 

Hyuna’s POV

35 minutes later, everything was set and I was standing at a corner of the basketball court getting ready.

“Ok, Hyuna, you have to keep on looking at AJ as if he’s your prey. Your eyes must have the feeling as if you think he’s cute, but not up to your standard yet, arasso? Something like you’re the queen and he will be trying to get your attention” Mr Yong explained.

“Neh…” I answered.

Prey? Queen? I kind of like it. I feel so pissed that I feel like eating him up. Being AJ’s queen… easy…

“Ok, 3,2,1, action!” Mr Yong shouted and the staff started playing AJ’s song.

 

Dan dan dan dan dan dan……. Dancing shoes~

I leaned against the wall and watched AJ dances. I have to admit it, AJ has the moves. He was very agile and was lip-syncing at the same time when he danced. He was wearing a blue polo shirt with a blue beanie, and it looked kind of cute.

OMO…What the heck are you thinking, Kim Hyuna! You are supposed to be a QUEEN!!!! A QUEEN!!!

I started reminding myself the fact that I was filming and looked at AJ with a fierce look. Then the camera came closer and focuses on my expression.

“Ok, good take. Now Hyuna shall sit on the bench and we’ll film from behind” Mr Yong instructed. I was relieved, since I had been a bit distracted during filming.

Once again, the music starts.

Dan dan dan dan dan dan……. Dancing shoes~

Erm… Is it just me or what, this song is so irritatingly addictive… Just keeps on dan dan dan dan…

I was getting a bit dizzy from all the ‘dan’s I heard and starting to feel bored. I was practically staring into space.

Just then, the music stopped. AJ walked towards me with a cute smile.

“So… how do you think? Is oppa cute?” He grinned and showed off a small wave.

“Erm… So so… Not as cute as Yoseob oppa though.” I answered sarcastically and pointed towards Yoseob oppa who was talking with the others behind.

“Come on, admit it… You’re practically staring at me.” He winked and smirked.

*cough* “Hah, funny. I stared at you because Mr Yong asked me to.” I replied coldly.

“Hahaha… Hyuna, you’re so funny.” He laughed.

 

“ANNYEONG!” Yoseob oppa greeted while hopping towards us. “Hyuna~ you look sooo cute today.” He complimented.

“Hi Yoseob oppa. Thanks.” I smiled.

Yoseob oppa was one of the friendliest trainees in Cube Entertainment, which makes him one of the most popular sunbaes there too. I have known him ever since I entered the company and he was really close with the 4minute members (my going-to-debut group).

“Is Yoseob oppa cute today?” He asked anxiously, as if my answer was very important to him.

“OF COURSE.” I replied loudly (obviously trying to let someone to hear it).

“Wah, Hyuna, you’re so nice. Yoseob oppa likes you.” Yoseob smiled and was about to give me a hug.

“YAH, Yang Yoseob, no hugging please.” AJ warned and pulled him away.

“Wae…..” Yoseob whined and did a disappointed face.

I laughed at his expression as he was dragged away by AJ.