Operation KOS, ACTIVATE!

OUR BIG MAMA

She was setting the table for the 1st meal of the day when she heard one of her sons call her. "Ommoni." She turned and saw Junmyeon rubbing his drowsy eyes as he walked towards his mother's way.

Mrs. Kim saw the pout on her son's face and knew something was wrong. Junmyeon went to his mother and leaned his head on her shoulders and Mrs. Kim immediately knew the problem. She reached for her son's forehead and her hunch was right. Her Junmyeonnie is sick.

She heard her son's sniffles and she hugged him. "What happened?" She asked. "I forgot to bring my coat when I took the trash out last night. I think I caught the cold from there." He said with a rusty voice.

Mrs. Kim then broke the hug and looked at her son who has a high fever. He was pale and his eyes were already close and lips pouting. "Junmyeonnie, go to your room and I'll be there in a minute, okay?" She told. "I'll just wake your brothers up."

Junmyeon nodded and oblige his mother and went to his own room not wanting his brothers to catch his cold.

Mrs. Kim then finished setting the table and went upstairs to wake his first born up to wake the others. She entered her room to see her sons still sleeping soundly and went to Minseok who was hugging Luhan in his sleep while the other has his feet on his hyung's face. She didn't know how they end up like that but she guessed it's just her sons' sleeping habits.

After all, Mrs. Kim, Junmyeon, Kyungsoo and Yixing are the only still sleepers in the family while the others were playing basketball, football and dancing in their sleep.

 

"Min min-ah." She touched her son's back and the 1st born stretched before opening his eyes. They are heavy sleepers indeed, but Minseok is the easiest one to awaken.

"Ommaaaaaa" he responded with a yawn, still stretching his body hitting Luhan with his feet on the face, Jongdae with his knuckles, Baekhyun with the other and Chanyeol with his other leg. But of course, no one even flinched or affected by it.

 

"Min min-ah, could you wake your brothers up and tell them to prepare already? Junmyeon is sick and I'm going to go to his room now." She told and the boy sat up folding his legs as he rubbed his eyes, listening. "The maknaes uniforms are already ironed and in their rooms and if you guys need me, I'll be with Junmyeon,  ne?" She said and Minseok sleepily nodded.

"Thank you Minnie. And good morning." She chimed and gave her son a kiss on the head Minseok replying with a sleepy hum.

 

That morning, Mrs. Kim called the porridge shop and the restaurant she works at to say that she won't be able to work due to her sick son. She spent her whole day catching up with the house chores and taking care of her Junmyeon.

Junmyeon tried his best to get her mom out saying that he can take care of himself and he'll just be fine after some rest but of course, Mrs. Kim won't let her son alone sick in the house while she works. She wouldn't be able to concentrate anyway so might as well stay.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

Three days have passed and Junmyeon's fever just kept on going and coming back. Mrs. Kim and he went to the hospital in the 2nd day and the doctors told that it was caused by stress and fatigue. After all, studying medicine is not an easy task.

 

Also, the manager of the restaurant called Mrs. Kim saying he'll pay Junmyeon a visit in their house, acting concern at the kid. He wanted to go as well because the ahjumma didn't went to work for the past three days saying her son was sick and she's taking an emergency leave. But the manager didn't like the idea of not seeing his future wife and decided to visit and Mrs. Kim, out of hospitality, invited her boss for dinner and told her sons about it.

As expected, the twelve weren't very fond of the idea but let it be as they commenced the operation KOS, special edition, of course, the VVIP treatment to all those ahjussis who tries to visit their home to get their mother's heart.

 

"Are you sure you can do it all, Kyunggie? I can help, you know." Mrs. Kim asked her son who was taking over the kitchen, cooking the food they'll feat on the most anticipated dinner.

Kyungsoo turned and gave his mother a bright smile. "I got it mom, just take care of Junmyeon hyung. I'll take care of the food and make sure the others do their chores." He told as he stirred the sauce of the meatballs.

"Arrasso, just call omma if you need help or something, ne?" she hesitantly told and Kyungsoo just nodded as he soaked the maroon chopsticks in a melted chili powder before letting it dry like that and adding an ingredient to make the chili unnoticeable, Jongdae, Sehun and Jongin preparing the mini traps while the other cleans the house and do more chores.

 

“You guys ready?” Mrs. Kim asked her sons and they all returned an excited smile. “Ready than ever omma.” Kris said with a beam making Mrs. Kim’s brow arch. “You’re excited?” she asked, expressing her surprise.

“We all are mom. It’s not like your boss goes to visit us every day, right?” Baekhyun tried to cover up his hyung’s clumsy excitement of torturing some delusional ahjussi.

“Oh, arrasso. Behave well you guys.” She said and they chorused a ‘nee’ trying not to sound too enthusiastically obvious. That night came and the manager did came for a visit. Mrs. Kim fixed herself before opening the door while the kids pretended like they're not interested.

 

"Boss! Please come in." "Hye Jung-ah!" The boss cheered as he intended to give the ahjumma a hug. Mrs. Kim, hesitantly let the man have his way but her sons have another one in mind as Kris pulled his mom to his back with his brothers and gave the man the fakest smile that even a 5 year old would know was fake. "Good evening boss, nice to finally meet you. I'm Kris, the 3rd son." He introduced himself reaching his hand for a handshake.

So this is the famous Kris. He's really handsome, perfect for being my step son. He'll like me in the future, but for now, this fake smile will do. He told himself before he gave Kris a hand shake that was soon followed by the rest of the twelve. Everyone squeezed shook the man's hand tightly when they shook hands but the ahjussi pretended it didn't hurt.

Everyone gave him their best smile as they squeezed the man's hand with the intention of breaking his bones without their mom noticing. But of course, having a large ego, the boss didn't even flinched by the interactions but inside he was cursing from the pain.

 

These guys are strong. I can see they really like me. The ahjussi told himself sarcastically as he took the children's greetings.

 

"I'm Minseok, but everyone calls me by Xiumin at work." The eldest reached his hand to the ahjussi and the ahjussi sighed in relief as he saw the last son who he has to shake hands with. 

Maybe he's the youngest; he won't be strong as the model and that deer, right? But he works? Isn't the maknae still in middle school? He asked himself but shrugged as he welcomed his future step son's hand. "Nice to meet you too Minseok-ah!" The boss said a little bit too happy not even hiding his happiness that his hands were still intact to his body.

Minseok reached for the man's hand and man reached as well making the younger brothers grin in triumph.

He is soooo done for. Baekhyun's smile reached his ears as they watched the two reached for each other's hands in slow motion while Mrs. Kim watched her sons happily that they were behaving nicely this time.

 

The moment Minseok held the ahjussi's hand, a small crack was heard and the Kim brothers inwardly smirked and laughed at the ahjussi's face.

The ahjussi's face grew paler and his smile disappeared as he and Minseok made an eye conversation.

You're not the maknae, right? The ahjussi' s reaction said his guess and Minseok smirked as he squeezed the man's hand tighter. "I'm Minseok, the first born." He said and that moment, the man wanted to scream, he couldn't feel his hands anymore and he knew he was in deep .

 

Mrs. Kim felt a strange mood between her sons and her boss so she decided to end the introductions. "Okay, uhm... sir please Take a seat and make yourself feel at home." She said as she led her boss to the living room.

"Ah, yes." The ahjussi responded thanking his crush for the rescue. These guys will be difficult. He said to himself as he took a seat trying to hide his teary eyes from the pain of his hand. He was giving his hand unnoticeable massage but it was obvious to the twelve who felt proud of the damage they did.

 

They chatted for a while with Junmyeon as their number one topic asking if he's feeling better and prescribing the boy some healthy foods. Junmyeon did his best not to scoff at the man's plastic behavior when they all know that he just want their mother. Plus, he knows more about healthy stuff to eat than that ahjussi. He was a freaking doctor in training!

Chanyeol always sat beside his mother making sure to cover his mom from that ahjussi's erted eyes that always makes his way to Mrs. Kim's legs as she was wearing a dress above the knee. While the others stay with them at the living room secretly glaring and smirking to the man while some re checked the bombs for the operation KOS.

 

Kyungsoo grinned in triumph as he re checked the chopsticks the ahjussi will use for dinner. It was perfect. The powdered chili coated the sticks well and no one, except him could notice the ‘bomb’ he has planted. When he heard his mother's voice say dinner, he immediately put the sticks in their place with a big smile as he made his way to the kitchen to take out the foods. Kyungsoo's KOS bomb, activate!