Patience

OUR BIG MAMA

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and gave Hye Min a look. “Will you let go of Joonmyeon hyung? He needs to go to his shift.” He said with a plain tone and Hye Min turned to him and glared. “Shut it, honey. I’m going with oppa.” She announced and the whole family groaned mentally. It's too early for this.

“We’re going now.” Tao said and went to kiss his mom goodbye followed by the youngers. They said their goodbyes to their hyungs too and went on their way ignoring Hye Min, who was waiting for at least a simple ‘good bye’.

 

“They didn’t even say goodbye to me.” Hye Min pouted and turned to Joonmyeon. “Suho oppa, can’t I go with you? They don’t like me.” She blinked her eyes at Joonmyeon who did his best not to push the girl away. She’s been very tiring these day and even the patient and angelic guardian of the Kims couldn’t last with her. And with this, Joonmyeon gently freed himself to the pregnant girl and gave her an apologetic smile.

“I’m sorry, Hye Min-ah. But things are pretty busy in the hospital these days and you might get bored.” He said. “You should go for a walk or go with omma to yoga. The midwife in the hospital told me it’s good for pregnant like you.” He smiled and the girl just pouted. “I don’t want to freaking do yoga!” she huffed. “They’ll break my bones, oppa. I just know it.” She flipped her brown hair and stood up from her seat making the family look up. “I’ll just wait for you in my room.” She said and pulled Joonmyeon up too.

“Carry me upstairs oppa ~” she screeched with her aegyo that made Wufan choke with his milk. Hye Min and the others looked at the coughing giant and Mrs. Kim quickly patted her son’s back and helped her son clean up.

“Sorry, I forgot to chew my cereal.” He lied but everyone knew why he choked. Almost everyone choked too with the acts of the pregnant girl. They didn’t even know how they managed to live with her for the past eight months.

 

“You should eat slowly, Kris oppa.” Hye Min said and turned to Joonmyeon opening her arms wide. “Now, where were we?” she smiled widely and Joonmyeon didn’t know what to do. Hye Min was a small girl, but she was pregnant and weighs a lot now. And with the clumsiness of Joonmyeon, carrying a pregnant girl while climbing the stairs is never a good idea. Not for him, her and the princess inside the witch.

 

Minseok, seeing how his brother suffer sighed silently and stood up, preparing for what he’s going to do. He might get scolded by Eun Ae later for approaching the girl by himself but he couldn’t afford to have his brother and niece get hurt. And with that, he went to Hye Min and ruffled the girl’s hair.

“Minseok oppa will carry you upstairs.” He smiled at Hye Min and the girl immediately melted by the heart stopping smile. Hye Min immediately turned to him and opened her arms. “You’re so cute oppa!” she said and was about to kiss Minseok’s lips but the first born was fast enough to turn his head letting the girl kiss his cheek instead.

Hye Min pouted at the action but then smiled when Minseok wordlessly lifted her up and carried her upstairs.

 

“Thanks hyung.” Joonmyeon whispered and almost cried at his brother sacrificing himself for him. “I’ll love you forever, hyung.” He said and hurriedly took his glass of milk and downed it away.

“Hurry hyung or the she’ll follow you to the hospital.” Baekhyun said and Joonmyeon did as told. He kissed their mother goodbye and ran out of the house while the rest tried to eat as fast as they could as well.

“Thanks for being nice to her guys. It means a lot to me.” Chanyeol gave his brothers an apologetic smile and Baekhyun just threw a grain of cereal on him. “Shut up, Yeol. Of course we’ll be nice to her. She’s carrying my beautiful niece.” He said and gave his younger brother a smile. “3 weeks more and we’ll see your daughter, Chanyeol, the fruit of the 9 months of torture.” Baekhyun added and the boys, including their mother agreed.

“Just a little bit more, Yeol. Everything will be worth it.” Jongdae smiled at him and when they heard Hye Min’s voice shouting ‘Don’t leave’, the boys all hurriedly finished their food, kissed their mother goodbye and went out to the house like it was on fire, afraid that the witch will spot them and clung on to them again.

 

“I just hope everyone’s patience is long as they think.” Jongdae chuckled at their mom and Mrs. Kim poured water in Jongdae’s glass and handed him his vitamins. “I’m sure your brothers can still bear with her. It’s for our little princess, after all.” She said and Jongdae nodded before drinking the pills.

“Let’s just hope Joonmyeon hyung’s patience is longer as we think it is.” He sighed and listened to Hye Min’s whinning upstairs as Minseok went down running straight to his car away from the house.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

“I’ve finished checking the emergency area, Mr. Kim.” The nurse said and Joonmyeon smiled at her. “Is there anything else I need to do before taking my break?” she asked and Joonmyeon paused to think before nodding at the nurse.

“Yes. Please make a round to the blood section and put the records in my office. Thank you.” Joonmyeon said and the nurse nodded before doing what was told, hiding her blushing face. Having the same shift as the new doctor in training was heaven for all the nurses in the hospital.

Let's see... Joonmyeon looked at his to-do-list and smiled. Everything was working out well today. The patients are all stable and he was told that he’s exempted in one subject because of his outstanding grades. 

 

He was humming on his way to his next patient when he saw a familiar face grinning at him. Oh no. He almost cried at the sight until he heard the voice who has been hunting him since 8 months ago.

“JOONMYEON OPPA ~” Hye Min squealed and went to hug the doctor in training, not even caring the scoffs and glares she was receiving from the midwives, nurses and patients. Even the 5 year old daughter of the patient in the room 302 was pouting on how the 'fat ahjumma' was hugging her prince that she'll marry once she grows up.

 

Aware of the eyes burning hole on Hye Min's head, Joonmyeon sighed and gently broke the one sided hug. “Hye Min, you shouldn’t be here.” He said gently. “Who came with you?” he asked and Hye Min just gave him a pout. “I told omma I want to see you but she said she has to accompany Jongdae to rehab.” She told and crossed her arms. “I can’t believe mom thinks Jongdae’s more important than me and her granddaughter.” She huffed and Joonmyeon almost gave the girl a frown but stopped himself knowing how sensitive the pregnant girl was.

 

“Hye Min, Jongdae and his rehab IS important. Please understand that and go home. Ommoni will get worried if she doesn’t see you at home.” He said and Hye Min frowned at him. “No! I’m staying here with you. I don’t want to see that selfish . She just cares about this kid inside me and not me. You’re the only one who cares for me in that hell hole of a house and just to let them know, I don’t like them either.” She admitted. “I just like to see them because they’re handsome and I want to be with good looking people.” She chuckled and then put her hands on Joonmyeon’s chest.

“But you oppa..." she crawled her hands on his chest. "...you care for me." she said seductively that didn't even had an effect on the clueless Joonmyeon. "I know you like me too so why don’t we just get together. I’ll give Chanyeol his baby when it’s born if he wants or we can race her too.” She said it like it was the best thing to do that Joonmyeon heard something in him snap. His patience.

 

Furious, but remained calm, Joonmyeon took the hands on him away and frowned at the young lady in front of her. He felt sorry for his niece having to have a mother who didn’t even care about her existence and he felt so fed up and mad because the girl he tried to bear with all this time just called his mother a ''.

 

“Park Hye Min.” Joonmyeon called with a firm voice that Hye Min stopped from all her blabbering and met eyes with a pissed off Joonmyeon. Joonmyeon then took her hand and led them both to a secluded place. This has to end because Hye Min just crossed the line she shouldn’t have crossed all this time... cursing the mother of the twelve.

 

“Ow oppa you’re hurting me.” She whined but Joonmyeon paid no heed at her whines and when they finally reached the hospital gardens, Joonmyeon let go of her hand and faced her.

“What was tha—“ Hye Min was about to give Joonmyeon an ear full when the older beat her to it.

 

“You should stop acting like a child.” Joonmyeon snapped and Hye Min’s eyes widened at the words coming out of her angel. “I’ve been patient with you, Hye Min." he said. "Really patient." he emphasized the word really.

"I did everything you want, complied in every request you say, spoiled you and gave you everything you want.” He continued and Hye Min didn't dare to interrupt, still in shock to see her angel like this. “Me and my family put up with your annoying nagging and complaints even though we tried to give you everything we’ve got and the only thing you will say is that our mother, who raised us twelve by herself, is a ?" Hye Min flinched at the bitterness Joonmyeon's words possessed. "Did you forget who woke up every night just to make you food for your cravings? What about the one who always helps you scrub your toes every time you shower? Is that the way you’re going to thank our mother for taking care of you?” He scolded and Hye Min frowned. I never asked her to. She thought it was best to keep her words to herself. 

“If that’s what you really think, then you should try to re-evaluate yourself, Hye Min-ah.” Joonmyeon said and Hye Min looked up at him with wide eyes like Joonmyeon just read her mind. 

 

“And about my brothers..." He contnued. If he's letting it out, better let it all out all the way. He thought. "...yes. They don’t like you.” He admitted. Me, included. “But it was because you made them not to like you. You invaded their privacy and acted insensitive towards them and even tried to ruin their love lives.” He explained, hoping that she understood what she was doing. “Do you think that is what a normal person should do?” 

“And what did you say about your daughter? You don’t care and that you’re giving her away to Chanyeol? Do you even care about her? Is that what the way a mother should think?” he scolded. He can't believe that everyone in the family were almost giving up their own life just for the sake of the baby the the one carrying it didn't even hessitate to say that she's giving it away.

“You know you may not care about that child, but we all do.” He said, honestly. “And to be honest, she’s the reason we can still tolerate your attitude. So please, treat her with respect.” he finally finished his speech and was kind of surprised Hye Min was still listening to him but the unfazed look the girl gave her just made him eve angrier. She doesn't even feel guilty!

 

“And me? Us? There’s no such thing Hye Min. And you know that.” He told and this made Hye Min cry. “I love my brothers and Chanyeol's daughter is in you, that’s why I’m taking care of you. I don’t want you to be harmed and my niece too, nothing more, nothing less.” He said. “I’m sorry for breaking it to you like this but I think that you should really know. You’re going to be a mother soon and you should think and act like one.” He said.

 

After saying everything he wanted to say, Joonmyeon looked at the crying wreck in front of him and felt bad. He should’ve said it gentler but he just snapped and couldn’t help it. He kept it for too long and hearing her insult his family just like that made him angry. Especially whe she said that she's giving his niece away.

 

“That’s not true.” He heard Hye Min sob. “You like me oppa and I can feel it.” She said and Joonmyeon didn’t know what to say. He just told her that no one in the house likes her and that he should act like a mother because she’s having a daughter and the only thing she could think about was his feelings for her? She wasn't listening to him after all. Unbelievable.

“I mean everything I just said.” Joonmyeon sighed. Why do people not listen to everything I say? He asked himself.

“You don't! You just haven’t realized it yet.” She insisted and Joonmyeon took a deep breath to keep him from snapping at the girl. “I don’t have any feelings for you, Hye Min.” he could at least make this one clear to her. “I—I already have a girlfriend.” He lied and Hye Min almost stopped breathing. 

“NO! YOU’RE LYING!” she cried. “YOU’RE JUST SAYING THAT TO GET AWAY FROM ME.” She said, not buying Joonmyeon’s lie. Well, Joonmyeon was never a good liar. 

“I’m not lying Hye Min. I do have a girlfriend.” He said. “I just never had the chance to introduce her to you guys because we’re all busy and I don’t want us to have problems like my hyungs did because of you.” He added but Hye Min just wipped her eyes and crossed her arms.

“I do not believe that oppa.” She smirked. “We all know you don’t have a girlfriend because you’re with me almost all the time and I didn’t even see her or felt that you have one.” She added and Joonmyeon didn’t know what to respond. What now? He asked himself. But then...

 

“Suho sunbae-nim?” 

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

I just love cliffhangers

I really feel for Chanyeol in this story

But hopefully everything will get better soon

~ AND ~

I know I've said it to the last update but still...

I want to thank _noonim 

for the wonderful poster that motivated me to update ^^

Of course I would like to thank you guys for

reading my story and for subscribing

and for the upvotes and for being beautiful, awesome and the best ^^

I'm doing my best replying to the comments too :D

I love talking with you guys ^^

ILY'all <3 ~

please love me well orz