All at once

OUR BIG MAMA

“Mom! Guys! I’m sorry. It’s just that Jaejoong wouldn’t let me take the bus home and insisted that he takes me with his car so I had to wait. It won’t happen again, ne?” Baekhyun tried his best to explain.

“You could’ve called, Baek.” Jongdae said pissed. “My Rilakumma is dead.” Baekhyun showed his phone to his brothers. “What? You can’t ask for your boyfriend’s phone to call us?” the younger threw back. “He was in the middle of performance, Jongdae. I thought I already said that.” Baekhyun said noticing his brother’s tone of voice. What’s his problem?

“Still, you could’ve done it if you wanted to, Baek. There’s always a way if you want things to happen and excuses when you don’t.” Jongdae spat out and Baekhyun frowned. “Why are you making a big deal out of this? I went back safely, right? And I couldn’t call because I couldn’t. Can’t that happen?” he said and all he received was his younger brother’s shrug that ticked him off. “What’s your problem, Jongdae?” he asked and met with his brother’s emotionless face.

“My problem? It’s OUR problem, Baek. And it’s you coming home late.” Jongdae said. “I said sorry, didn’t I?! Why are you being an to me right now?” Baekhyun exploded. “You think I didn’t notice how you treat me coldly these past few months?” he said. “I think you’re just mad at me for dating and you’re using this to get back at me.”

Jongdae scoffed at his brother. “Get back at you? Really? Get back at what? Tell me, Kim Baekhyun. Did you do something to me that is worth getting back at for?” he asked, looking at his hyung like he’s gotten crazy.

“Then why are you being like this?” Baekhyun asked.

“You got home at 4 in the morning, Luhan hyung almost went to your boyfriend’s house with a baseball bat, the guys are worried since you didn’t called and every one of us have to wake up early tomorrow, we know you can be stupid, and omma spent all night looking for you when she was supposed to be sleeping because she has chemo tomorrow, and we were about to call the police when you arrive.” Jongdae recited and the older couldn’t say anything. He didn’t know that they were this worried and that their trust in him is that little.

“I’m sorry.” He looked on the floor as his tears were threatening to fall. Baekhyun felt sorry and disappointed but he also feel upset by the way Jongdae was treating him.

 

For the past months, Jongdae became very distant to him all of a sudden. At first, he thought his brother was just busy, but when Jongdae decided to sleep beside their Joonmyeon hyung, he knew it wasn’t it. He thought he’d give his younger brother time but as the days passed, Jongdae got colder and colder to him to the point that Jongdae refused to go home and go to school with him and chose to go earlier or later.

 

“Just don’t do this again.” Jongdae said coldly and went upstairs with everyone’s eyes following him. Everyone knew something was wrong with Jongdae, but whenever they ask him he’d just smile and tell them that it’s nothing and that he’ll fix it himself.

 

“Kim Baekhyun.” This time, Luhan’s voice was heard and Baekhyun mentally prepared himself for a beating or scolding if he’s lucky. “Hyung.” The later sniffled and Luhan just couldn’t bring himself to scold a crying Baekhyun.

Instead of scolding, Wufan stood up and hugged their brother. “It’s okay.” The hyung comforted his brother and the others just sighed, relieved that their ‘princess’ was okay. “Sorry.” Baekhyun again whispered and everyone just forgave him in an instant.

“You’re still grounded.” Luhan added and Baekhyun only nodded. Being grounded is much better than have his family upset at him. But how he wished Jongdae wasn’t mad at him right now. He could use some of those jokes he always tells to cheer him up.

 

Jongdae went in to their mom’s room, slumped on his mother’s and sighed. That stupid stupid stupid Baekhyun.

 

After that incident, Jongdae became even more distant to Baekhyun. Jongdae thought that he’d punish his brother a little longer before he proceeds with his plans. Baekhyun tried to talk to him but the later was just too fast evading him. Like when he’s thinking of talking to Jongdae, the younger already ran away.

Baekhyun asked for his brother’s help to reconcile with Jongdae but they said to give the brother of theirs more time to think and that was Baekhyun did.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

Baekhyun’s class just finished and he was packing his things when someone entered their classroom calling his name. “KIM BAEKHYUN SUNBAENIM?!” it was Jongdae’s classmate Seungho. He was panting and in panic that made Baekhyun ran to him. “What’s wrong?” he asked.

Seungho tried to catch his breath and turned to the upper classman. “Your brother, Jongdae. He’s killing your boyfriend.” He told and Baekhyun didn’t know what to do. “WHERE ARE THEY?!” he asked and the younger led him at the back of the school.

When they reached their destination, Jaejoong was already bleeding and half conscious while Jongdae’s face was red in anger, panting. His lip was bleeding but compared to what Jaejoong looked, he was uninjured. Jongdae really did it this time.

 

“KIM JONGDAE! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!” Baekhyun immediately pushed his brother away and ran to his boyfriend. “Hey, are you alright? I’m so sorry babe.” Baekhyun cupped his boyfriend’s bleeding face with care making Jongdae scoff. He just saw me bleeding and he runs to that bastard! Jongdae was disappointed. He was about to go and really kill that guy when 2 of his brothers came and stop him.

Holding back Jongdae, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo turned to Baekhyun with worried eyes. “Hyung?” They called but the eldest of the 4 didn’t respond. They know how much Baekhyun treasures his boyfriend, but they all know Jongdae wasn’t the type to just charge people and rain them with punches. Something must’ve cause Jongdae to act like this and they’ll know it once they get home in their family meeting.

 

“BAEKHYUN! Let’s go home!” Jongdae called his brother only to be glared at. “Go home yourself, Jongdae. I’m so disappointed in you!” the hyung hissed and Jongdae just scoffed. “Don’t make me drag you home, hyung.” He threatened and Baekhyun didn’t budge. Instead he helped Jaejoong stand up to go to the university’s medical department.

Jongdae frowned at his brother’s actions and took Baekhyun by wrist. “I. said. We’re going home.” He told but Baekhyun struggled to free himself. “NO!” Baekhyun shouted. “I’m your hyung Kim Jongdae and I said I’m not going home.” He told and Jongdae let him go. That last thing the latter want is to hurt his brother.

“Are you still not going if I say I caught this bastard making out with that passed out animal over there?” Jongdae pointed at the unnoticed fainted student in the corner. “He was cheating on you for a long time now, Baek! You’re just too stupid to see.” He confessed and Baekhyun scoffed at him.

“Kim Jongdae, you are really crossing the line this time. If you really hate me and my relationship, you could’ve just told me instead of making this scene. It’s disappointing, dongsaeng.” Baekhyun said and walked away with his injured boyfriend, leaving the shocked brothers.

 

You are really stupid, hyung. Jongdae scoffed and turned to his younger brothers. “Let’s go home.” He said and Chanyeol glanced one last time to Baekhyun before following his brothers. What happened to Jaejoong is the 15th most important, Baek?

 

Flashback. . .

 

A week after Baekhyun and his boyfriend became official...

 

Jongdae grunted as he dragged himself to the mart to buy carrots his brother Kyungsoo told him to buy. “Aish! This kid.” Jongdae took a basket and was about to go to the vegetable area when he saw a familiar figure, it was Jaejoong talking with his phone as he picked up some yogurts.

Isn’t that hyung-in-law? Jongdae grinned and walked towards his hyung’s boyfriend to somehow make the guy buy him ice cream.

“Hey!—“ he was about to greet but stopped when he heard his brother’s name.

 

“Yeah, that Baekhyun guy? I got him alright. Hahahaha!” Jaejoong laughed. Baekhyun guy? Don’t you guys call each other babe or anything greasier? Jongdae thought as he listened. “I won the bet guys, better have my money ready.” He said and the smiling Jongdae was now frowning. This piece of shi—. He was about to hit the man with his basket when he heard the guy talk.

“Yeah... He has twelve brothers. One of them is Kris. Yeah, the model.” He bragged. “Maybe I could get him to ask for a sign or something.” He laughed. “Yeah… and he has an architect brother too from what I remember, then there’s a music teacher and a barista… yeah. Maybe I shouldn’t break up with him anymore and just stay for him. An architect and a model have a lot of money and the wimp himself has money and a decent part time job.” He told. “He really does my projects well, you know. I think I’d be able to graduate because of his works. HAHAHAHA!” Jongdae heard him say.

“But yeah… on second thought… I’ll breakup with him as soon as the trimester ends. Yeah… I love you too, Junsu.” He said and hung up the phone only to be greeted by a cold feeling on his shoes.

What’s--. Jaejoong looked at his shoes only to see ice cream smudged on his shoes even entering his socks. “WHAT THE HELL!!”

Jongdae heard him yell and paid the carrots without getting the change. I won’t let Baekhyun hurt by this bastard.

 

End of the flashback. . .

 

 

“So, you mean you knew all along and didn’t tell us?!” Tao stood up from his seat only to be pulled back down by his Benben hyung.

“I thought I could convince that bastard to breakup with Baekhyun without hurting him so much.” Jongdae flinched when Joonmyeon applied the ointment on his side lip. “I even tried to bribe him but the bastard is just too stubborn. He said humiliating Baekhyun in front of everyone was part of his deal and that he’d prefer that than money.” He explained. “Then, when I saw him waiting for Baekhyun in the campus with his other boyfriend and heard that they’ll make out in front of hyung and everyone, I just had to kill them.” He told and Kyungsoo readied the rope in his hands while the others already looked at Luhan just in case.

 

Luhan took a deep breath and closed his eyes. It was silent for a few seconds until they heard him shout “THAT MOTHERER I’M GOING TO RIP HIS BODY, HOUSE AND EVERYTHING HE HAS, APART!!” Luhan stood up only to get tied on a chair again and Jongdae could only sigh. Now what?

 

That evening, Baekhyun didn’t go home and stayed with Jaejoong until the man regained consciousness. Of course, Baekhyun asked him about what his brother told him and of course, the boyfriend denied it. And the shocking part was… Baekhyun believed him.

 

They boys managed to calm themselves and their Lulu hyung before their mom got back from taking Kung kung for a walk. But when the boys thought that things are already complicated, life laughs and gives them more.

 

“Mama, what’s wrong?” Minseok who was about to go to work asked when he saw their mother’s frown. “Kungkung’s gone!” she said and frowned. “I told him to go in to the house but he ran to the next street and I lost him. I’m sorry.” She cried and the brothers took a deep breath as some tried to calm their crying mom. Great! More problem.

“Let’s find Kungkung first. Then we’ll deal with talk about it later.” Benben told and the brothers all agreed. “Mama’s checkup.” Yixing reminded them about their mother’s checkup and the brothers decided to divide themselves. Baekhyun was supposed to accompany their mother in this checkup but since he was busy tending his boyfriend, Yixing and Kyungsoo went with their mother at their aunt Jirin’s house while the rest looked for the puppy.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

When Baekhyun went home, he found no one but a note saying that they all went out to look for the missing Kungkung and accompanied their mom to the hospital that was supposed to be his turn.

Great! More problems. Baekhyun grunted and went out to help to look for the pup.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

Jongdae was looking for the puppy alone near the park where they usually take Kungkung for a walk. He chose to look for the pup alone to sort out his thoughts and prepare himself to apologize to his hyung later on.

Jongdae knew that he just did it because he wanted to protect his brother, but he also knew he did wrong getting upset to his brother who didn’t know anything about his boyfriend cheating and for believing that guy than him.

 

Feeling his anger rise again, Jongdae took a deep breath to calm down. Baekhyun hasn’t got home yet obviously upset at him and Kungkung is missing. Great just great! He sarcastically thought. He stopped for a moment and looked up in the sky. "Dad, everything's a mess right now. Help me fix everything, please." He mumbled and with a sigh, he resumed his search.

 

The search went on for two hours and when Jongin and Benben decided to go home to see if the pup went back by itself, they found it sleeping in front of the house gates, unharmed.

Wufan called their brothers and mother immediately informing that they have found the pup and that they could go home now. The brothers went back even Mrs. Kim who just finished her weekly checkup.

The moment she saw the pup, she cried and held the small pup apologizing. Then, Kyungsoo and Yixing cooked supper for the night while Mrs. Kim rested for the night waiting for the rest of the brothers to come home. And soon, everyone got back to the house except for Baekhyun and Jongdae.

 

They were waiting for the two to come back home and eat supper when the phone rang. Mrs. Kim was drinking water in the kitchen and Junmyeon was the one who answered the call, it was Baekhyun. Then, the glass slipped on Mrs. Kim's hands at the same time, Junmyeon stood up and started shaking.

"What happened?!" Jongin asked Joonmyeon while Wufan went to their mom to see if she was okay.

“Is everything alright, Myeonnie?” Mrs. Kim asked as she and went to the living room to ask who called. Joonmyeon , shaking, looked up to their mother with eyes full of worry panic and fear.

 

"Jongdae got hit by a car."

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

OTTOKE?!

The story is almost at its end ~

This time...

I'm not joking ~