Their nest

OUR BIG MAMA

After that shower party, everyone prepared for bed and called the day off. 

Mrs. Kim was already on her bed, sitting as she read the messages Wu fan has sent her through the day.

That son of hers always makes sure to update his mother on what he's doing and where he is at. And in return, the ahjumma will text him back after she had eaten her meals, assuring her son that she ate well and in time.

 

Wu fan would also call her from time to time knowing his mother, even though she allowed him to go overseas to work, it was obvious that the ahjumma wasn't very happy about it. 

In fact, whenever one of her sons tells her about going somewhere overnight or far away without her, she'll always tries her best to smile and tells them to be careful. But after a few minutes, they'll see her sulking in the garden at the back of the house.

 

Mrs. Kim smiled as she waited for the sent photo to upload. She beamed brighter when she saw her son’s selfie in front of the tower Eiffel winking at the camera and with the captions. ‘Omma, Paris is a beautiful place. I'll take you and my brother's here next time.’

Then, she opened another message with her son asking if she has eaten lunch. Then, two more asking if she has supper and if she was already sleeping.

She replied to all the messages and took a picture of herself in her pajamas, putting a caption ‘Good night my Benben, sleep tight and dream of omma, ne?’ And then tucked herself on the bed turning off the lamp beside it.

 

She was about to close her eyes when she heard the door open followed by a call.

"Omma." It was Jongin's voice. His head popping out of the space between the slightly open door.

"Yes, Jonginnie?" She asked even though she knows very well why her son came for.

"Can..." the 2nd youngest tried to say it but felt shy. He wanted to sleep beside his mother but since he's already in 2nd year high school, he was afraid that he'll be taken as the mama's boy. Well, all of them are anyway. But still, you know, 'men' pride.

 

Mrs. Kim smiled at her son's shyness. Even though they often crawl on her bed in the middle of the night, this son of hers are the only one being shy about it unlike Chanyeol and Tao that would even fight in the middle of the street with a loud voice about who's going to sleep beside their mom.

"Let's sleep, Jonginnie." She said inviting her son to the king sized bed. Jongin smiled brightly before tiptoeing to the bed. He tucked himself and snuggled close to his mom who welcomed him in an embrace covering them both with the warm comforter.

"Aigoo, my baby kkamjjong." She squeezed her son who just smiled loving on how his mother took him in her arms. Mrs. Kim kissed her son's forehead before saying "Good night, my baby kkamjjong. Sleep well. Omma loves you so much."

Jongin was smiling brightly at her mother's words. She is indeed the best of the best and he wouldn't trade her for anything. He was about to say his I love you too but a voice interrupted their mother and son moment.

 

"What about us omma?" Sehun's voice was heard behind Jongin's voice.

The mother and Jongin turned to see Tao and Sehun standing beside the bed wearing their sleeping clothes and holding a white pillow each.

 

Mrs. Kim chuckled and scooted over to Jongin giving her other two maknaes space. "Of course I love my baby panda and maknae too. You guys are the most important treasures of mine and I'll die even if one of you isn’t here with me." She told and the maknaes grinned before shuffling to the bed cuddling with their mom like 5 year old children.

 

"We love you too omma." Sehun said and kissed his mom's nose.

Tao nodded as well as Jongin. "And we won't trade you for anything even if they give me the most expensive gucci on earth." The panda added causing the mother to laugh and the other two roll their eyes at their hyung's supposed to be 'most precious thing' second to her mom and brothers.

 

Then, the door opened again for the nth time revealing the rest of the Kim brothers carrying their comforters and pillows. One by one they entered.

"Mom, I'm afraid I'll miss you so I'll just sleep over here." Chanyeol said with an excited grin and went to his usual spot.

"Mom." Yixing followed his brother but needed not to continue his sentence and went to his spot as well.

"I'll sleep here again, ommoni." Junmyeon entered with a sheepish smile before taking his space in the room's thick carpeted floor.

"Ommaa ~ " Baekhyun called cheerfully not minding the sleeping neighbors before going to his place near the light switch. He was about to start his light switch dance but Luhan pushed him away from the switch.

 

"You better not do what you're thinking." Luhan sent his dongsaeng a look.

He has changed the light bulbs 3 times already this month because of Baekhyun and his brother's 'clubbing' in their house. Even his focus that he use as lighting in making blue prints were used in their clubbing making him think on how could he have such dorks as brothers.

Luhan then turned at the bed and playfully kicked his younger brothers. "Ya, move." He ordered but the three clung tighter on their mom other knowing that they will be kicked out of the bed once they let go.

"Owie," Tao dramatically whined making Luhan roll his eyes.

"I'll sleep with mom tomorrow night." He said like it is law. "Just me and omma." Luhan told but his brothers but they ignored him.

 

"Over my dead body!" Baekhyun told. "I'm sleeping with omma tomorrow." He exclaimed.

"Says who?" Kyungsoo entered the room as well. "I demand that the one who cooks dinner will be the one to sleep with mom tomorrow night." The big doe eyed said.

"I'll cook dinner then." Minseok joined in making the brothers cringed at their hyung's words.

 

"Yeah, right. You go and cook dinner and make us houseless. I don't want to live in the streets so Min hyung is out of the game." Jongdae went in with his comforter and pillows before throwing it on the floor and went out to take something.

"Then, I'll--" Junmyeon gave it a shot. "The doctor is out too." One of the brothers cut him off making Junmyeon pout and they all laughed at the incapable cooks of the family.

 

Jongdae then went back to the room arching everyone's brows at what he was holding. He grinned in satisfaction showing them a life sized cut out of Wu fan. "Hyung, will be sad if he gets left out you know." He told not forgetting his hard working brother overseas just for a few nights.  "And besides, I'm used to sleeping with 13 persons in one room. Having an empty space will be uncomfortable." He said and the others, even Mrs. Kim, agreed. 

 

She loves how her sons care about each other. They often fight over the smallest things, most of it concerning who gets to be closer to their mother, last slice of pizza or which program to watch. But despite of that, they all cared for each other and love their brothers dearly.

They might not show it by the sweetest ways but with kicking, punching each other playfully, by ganging up on one, teasing and more, they can feel that brotherly love towards each other.

 

After making themselves comfortable, Baekhyun did the honors of turning off the lights with his feet reaching it, not wanting to get up and all of them went to dreamland together.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

Wu fan went out of the taxi and grinned as he looked at their house.  It's already 3 am and he was more than happy to reach home. After that family meeting they had, he never got himself to concentrate in his work so he decided to do home early.

 

He went in to the house and went straight to his room leaving his luggage in place knowing that Kyungsoo and Minseok will scold him first thing in the morning once they found his things scattered around the house. He then went to his mother's bedroom to sleep but the moment he opened the door, he was greeted by Baekhyun's feet.

His eyebrows twitched in annoyance as he was beaten by his brother's to their mother's bed. And a life size cut out of him was also there sleeping beside Junmyeon and Yixing.

 

Tsk. The almighty Wu fan will never give up his throne. He said to himself and took out his cut out and went to his room to change then went back to the room and went his way to the bed, not caring of he stepped on his sleeping brothers. They won't wake up anyway or feel anything at all. 

The Kim brothers are the heaviest sleepers alive, even if there's a fire or the world is ending, no one will even give a damn and continue their sleep.

 

He pushed Jongin's sleeping body out of the bed and landed on the floor beside the sleeping Kyungsoo. The tanned boy groaned but was far from waking up. He wrapped his arms on his elder brother, using him as a pillow and comfortably slept.

 

Wu fan grinned in triumph and turned to the maknaes, he did the same to the two, pushing Sehun on the other side of the bed while Tao landed on Jongin. The brothers snuggled on the free space unconsciously giving space to the sleeping maknae while Wu fan happily took the space that was his brother's and cuddled with his mother like a 5 y/o who had a nightmare.

 

Covering him and his mother with the comforter, Wu fan joined his family in dreamland with a satisfied smile. There's no place like home.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

The next day, Mrs. Kim woke up with a smile seeing her sons sleeping all over her room. She beamed wider seeing her 3rd eldest sleeping beside her with his leg and arm clinging to his mother, slightly snoring just like some of her sons.

 

She looked around the room and looked at his sons lovingly. Thank Gods for giving me such wonderful angels. She smiled before making her way to the kitchen to prepare her son's breakfast.