Dense

OUR BIG MAMA

“What’s this Ms. Yun?” Luhan stared at the white envelope on his desk. His secretary was looking on the floor and presented the white envelope with his usual morning black coffee. “I’m resigning, Sir Lu.” Yun said, avoiding eye contact.

She didn't even know why but she remembered why she calls her soon-to-be-ex boss, Sir Luhan or Sir Lu. It was when her boss' brothers all went to visit Luhan in his office and she walked in the office calling her boss 'Mr. Kim' that kind of resulted an awkward moment because all twelve brothers looked at her while, waiting for what she had to say. And since that day, with her boss' brothers' suggestion, she has been calling her boss Sir Lu or Sir Luhan.

Secretary Yun was so busy with her flashbacks she didn't even saw her boss frowning at the envelope she gave.

 

What did I do this time? Luhan sighed and looked at his soon-to-be former secretary. He’s really picky with people working for him and Yun was one in a million Luhan didn’t hate seeing. Plus, Yun was professional and she never let her emotions interfere with her work. That’s why Luhan was satisfied with his secretary.

And Yun is also understanding and kind. She’s smart too and she’s the only one who could tolerate Luhan’s attitude. Luhan might be a sweetheart at home and a er for babies but when he steps outside their premises, he’s a monster. His tongue was so sharp that even the sponsors were careful around him. And for the record, Luhan’s longest secretary lasted 10 months and that was Yun.

 

Luhan sighed again and finally nodded. “I’ll review the letter and find a replacement.” He told, snapping Yun out from her thoughts. If she wants to leave, then he can’t force her to stay. “You can leave as soon as I find a replacement.” He told and Yun bowed at him and left the office with a ‘thank you’.

 

Luhan opened the resignation letter and sighed. If mama finds out about this, I’ll get in big trouble. He thought. Mrs. Kim was the one who interviewed Yun and from the hundred people who applied, she was the only one who got approved by him and his mother.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

“I’m home!” Luhan entered the house and greeted his mother with a kiss and then their little angel and his brothers. He was tired and Mrs. Kim immediately knew that something was off.

 

“What’s wrong Lulu?” the mother asked as she cupped her son’s face. “Yun gave me her resignation letter.” He saighed and Mrs. Kim gasped. “KIM LUHAN!” she hissed and Luhan almost flinched at the scolding tone.

“I didn’t know why, Ma. She just went this morning and handed me the letter. I promise! I was nice to her. I even let her go inside my office without knocking once in a while.” He defended but Mrs. Kim’s eyes were still scolding. “Kim Luhan, you better convince Ms. Yun to stay or you will be grounded for three months young man!” she told and the brothers all fell silent by the presence of the ‘G’ word.

“But mom—“ It wasn't his fault. Really! “No buts young man. I will give you three days and I will visit your office. If I don’t see Ms. Yun in her place, you. are. grounded.” She told and took her son’s hand. “Now let’s go and eat supper.” She led them to the dining room and ate.

And just like expected, dinner was a little quiet. It has been a while since the brothers heard the 'G' word and they were quite nervous about that. Well, most of them since Chanyeol was busy eating and feeding his little princess her milk he didn't even notice the commotion.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

“Why do I have to do this again?” Luhan frowned at the white envelope in front of his desk. He was in an incredibly bad mood today and he felt that the white envelope was mocking him being all white and flat just like that. “AISH! I’m going crazy!” he whined and slapped the white envelope in annoyance. Then he felt like the envelope laughed at him and didn’t get hurt, so he swiped the envelope off his desk before smirking.

“Who’s the boss now?" he looked down at the envelope with a satisfied grin. "Stupid envelope.” He mumbled and rested on his chair before remembering his mission for today, to confront his secretary about the sudden leave. And just like that, Luhan pressed the call button to his secretary’s office and he heard Yun’s voice.

 

“Yes, sir Lu?” she asked. “Let’s have lunch at two.” Luhan said and ended the call. That was surprisingly awkward. He said to himself and decided to plan a strategy of making his secretary stay. He can’t be grounded now. The next project will be bigger than his current one and he’ll sure to come home late.

One of the rules of being grounded was that they should be at home at 6pm sharp or else.

 

Luhan didn’t even notice the time until Yun knocked on his door. “What?” he asked and Yun blinked at him. “Sir, lunch?” she asked and Luhan looked at his watch and cursed.

“Sorry, I didn’t notice the time.” He stood up and took his car keys and left the office with his surprised secretary. Sir Luhan apologized?! The secretary asked herself as she followed her boss' lead.

 

Lunch with Yun was not actually a rare thing. Whenever Luhan has a lot of things to do, Yun would tell him to eat together and they could eat while reading the paper works. Of course, Yun wasn’t the one who really suggested it but Mrs. Kim who knew that her son often skip meals whenever there’s so much to do and since Mrs. Kim chose Yun and they know each other because of the interview, they’re quite close.

Yun would secretly update Mrs. Kim about Luhan too. She’d tell on him secretly whenever he refused to eat or whenever Luhan is being too cold. She’d also tell her boss’ mother whenever Luhan sneezed a lot or have cold symptoms as well.

 

“We’ll be back at three.” Luhan told the receptionist and the both of them went to the nearest restaurant Luhan knew Yun likes. It was a good ten minute drive and they took Luhan’s car.

And when they finally arrived at the restaurant, all heads turned and stared at the two. Women were all swooning over Luhan while the males discretely eyed the secretary. Yun felt eyes on them but Luhan, used to those things, didn’t.

 

Then, Luhan noticed that his secretary was falling behind, so he turned to her and let her go first. “Yun.” He called and gestured the secretary to go first. Yun blushed at the action but she knew he was just being nice. That, maybe, this was their last meal together and Yun was thankful for her boss’ thoughts.

Luhan ordered for the both of them and gave the waiter the menu card back. He noticed that Yun was looking at him in confusion and he just blinked at her. “I ordered for the both of us.” He said. “I know what you always order so I thought it’ll save us all the trouble by just saying it straight.” He explained and Yun smiled. Her boss actually knows her favorite menu.

 

The silence wasn’t awkward for Luhan as he kept on looking at his phone, but Yun was in a mental battle with herself. She was drowning herself with lots of questions and her heart was fluttering like there’s no tomorrow.

She didn’t even notice the food already arrived until she saw Luhan cut her meat for her. She didn’t know she was just staring at her food for a while and Luhan misunderstand her actions. He actually thought that Yun was having trouble cutting the meat so he decided to do it for her.

After all, Yun had done so many things for him. So cutting a piece of meat for her was nothing.

 

The two ate silently and when Luhan saw that Yun was finally comfortable, he stared the talk.

 “So, why are you resigning Ms. Yun?” Luhan asked and Yun stopped eating and looked at him in surprise. “Did I do something wrong?” he asked and Yun felt her heart clench at the question. It’s not you Sir. It’s my heart that has done wrong.

“No sir. You were nice to me.” She replied and Luhan was confused. “Then why are you resigning? Is the work too much for you?” he asked and Yun just wanted to cry there and there. Stop being nice you perfect being! She cursed her own heart for falling for her perfect boss.

 

“It’s not that sir.” She managed to say again. “It’s me. I did something wrong.” She continued and Luhan frowned. “I’d know if you’ve done something wrong Yun. And even though we’ve just been working together for 10 months, I know that you won’t do anything that will disappoint me.” He said and Yun drank the glass of water and stood up.

“Did you read my resignation letter?” she asked and Luhan shook his head. “I was going to read it but I decided not to. I’m not accepting your resignation letter Ms. Yun. Not until you tell me what’s really wrong and the reason personally.” He told and Yun didn’t know what to say.

She thought he’ll turn her down today but he didn’t even see the confession at the end of her resignation letter. He’s really hopeless and dense. She thought to herself and picked up her bag.

“You should read it sir. I have my reasons and it is all stated on the letter. I’ll go clean my office for your new secretary. I don’t think I can stay like we agreed to. Thank you for the food. Bye” she said and ran off, leaving Luhan confused and irritated at one thought.

Tsk! That stupid letter again. He thought and paid for the meal and left also. He has a resignation letter to read.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

When Luhan arrived at his office, Yun already finished packing her things and clearing her table. Luhan immediately ran to his office and picked up the envelope on the floor and walked out to see Yun on her way out of the office.

“Yun, I’ll read it now.” He said and Yun gasped and looked at him with wide eyes. “Read it after I get out.” She said but Luhan quickly raced her to the door and leaned on it so the secretary can’t go out.

He has to make her stay or he’ll die by the hands of his own mother. Well... not really but you get him, right?

 

“Good Day Sir Lu,

                This is to inform you that I, Shin Yun Seo, is resigning as your secretary for personal reasons. It’s an honor to have worked with a very talented architect like you and I’m really sorry for not being a better secretary. Please be happy and I will always pray for your health and happiness.” He read while Yun gaped at him. Then he saw the end of the letter and read the handwritten message.

 

“Sorry I have to leave like this, sir Lu. You didn’t do anything wrong. You were nice to me even though you’re very moody at times. You are the perfect boss and I can’t ask for more. But I have to leave you. Not because I have problems with you but it’s because of my heart. Seeing you happy with your daughter is something I didn’t imagine that will break my heart and I can’t help but feel bad. You’re happy and as your employee, I should be happy for you but I can’t.

I’m hurt because I didn’t know how or why but I might have developed unprofessional and romantic feelings towards you. I know you are now disappointed at me and I’m really sorry for that. I tried to stop but I can’t. And with this letter, I will leave and try to move on.

I hope you find your happiness with your pretty daughter and more success to come.

I love you,

Shin Yun Seo.”

 

He finished and blinked at the letter, re-reading the last part. What the hell did I just read? He thought to himself and looked up to see Yun already crying. . She must’ve thought that Seon Hee is my real daughter.

 

“H-hey.” Luhan tried to get her attention but Yun refused to look at him so he decided to talk. He knows she was listening anyway. “Where did you get the idea of me having a daughter?” he asked and Yun sniffled. “Seon Hee is not my real daughter. She’s my niece.” He told. He doesn’t even know why he’s explaining.

Upon hearing those words, Yun looked up in shock. “W-what?” she stuttered and Luhan blinked at her almost innocently. “I said she’s not my real daughter. She’s my dongsaeng’s, Chanyeol. You met him once, right?" "I took her to work because my brothers were busy and mom had to accompany Jongdae to the hospital.” He said. “I don’t want my princess catching anything in the hospital so I didn’t let them take her with them.”

 

And “Oh.” was the only thing the secretary could say. She didn’t know if she should feel relieved or dig a hole and stay there for the rest of her life because she just embarrassed herself in front of her boss and love interest or maybe she should fangirl for a while because she just found out that her boss is weak when it comes to babies. But of course, Luhan didn’t know how girls work and just looked at the girl. Confessions were not really rare for a Kim so he wasn't fazed about it. He was s little surprised but that was it.

 

“So you wanted to resign because you like me and you think I have a daughter?” he asked and Yun didn’t even know what to feel anymore. Is he going to turn me down? Oh, my gosh!

“I don’t have a daughter though and I don’t mind you liking me.” He said with a shrug and Yun blinked at her boss. “You can like me.” Luhan nodded. There are many people who like him anyway so adding his secretary on the list was no big deal. “Yup. I give you permission to like me, Ms. Yun.” He concluded and Yun blinked at him again. “Only if you stay and work as my secretary.” He added.

 

“So what do you say, Ms. Yun?” Luhan asked and the secretary blushed at the eye contact.

“I still want to resign, Sir Lu.” She muttered and Luhan frowned. “But why?” Luhan whined. He doesn’t want to interview a long line of flirty females or males again and he doesn’t want to be grounded.

“I—I’m so embarrassed I’ll die if I see you every day and I already said I like you and it’ll be awkward for us.” She said and Luhan was convinced that the female population is the most complicated to understand in the world.

 

“That’s easy, Ms. Yun.” He sighed and told the one solution he had in mind. “Let’s just forget everything that happened today.” that simple and short and the secretary stared at him for a while, pondering about her boss’ offer. It was silent for a minute or two and Luhan let his deal sink on his secretary’s mind.

 

“Okay, then.” Yun shurgged. If her boss was not affected on her confession, then she’d like to stay. The fact that she didn’t get rejected or accepted was actually a relief for the secretary. It means she can still hope despite of knowing how dense her boss was.

“Good.” Luhan nodded his head and handed the letter back to the secretary. “Now, burn this thing. It’s been mocking me since yesterday.” He told and the secretary laughed. This is one of the traits that made her fall for him. Even the harmless innocent envelope distressed him.

 

Luhan was about to go back in his office when Yun called his name. He turned and waited for the secretary to talk.

“Why won’t you let me resign, sir?” she asked and Luhan shrugged. “You like me but you’re not flirty, you bear with my tantrums and my mom likes you.” He told. “When I told mom you resigned, she told me she’d ground me if I let you leave.” He added and Yun was kind of disappointed. But of course, Luhan didn’t notice.

“Oh.” She said and nodded. “Thank you for letting me stay, sir.” She told and Luhan nodded and went in his office but not before saying “It’s because I’m comfortable working with you too, Yun.” He told and went in his office missing the red beet face of his secretary.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

OMG!!! The next chapter  is the last one OTL

I can't believe I'm hitting that complete icon on the next chapter 

Thanks for everyone who supported and stayed with me all this time

&

Sorry for all the tantrums I've thrown and will throw from the future ~

Let's see each other on the BIG Ending and remember...

There's a Q&A chapter.

Comment your questions on the last chapter that I'll be posting tomorrow ^^/

Thank you again and love me well <3 ~

The Kim family wants to thank you all for reading and for staying with them til the very end too.

Kasahabnida OTL