The maknaes

OUR BIG MAMA

A woman in her late 40s entered Seoul high, riding a maroon family van she owns. She parked in the parking lot and got down in such hurry, slammed the door shut and locked the car before dashing to the principal's office.

 

What did those three do this time? She huffed with a frown on her face while the students in the hallways watched the ahjumma run. Mrs. Kim didn't even need someone to her to the said office since she knows perfectly where it is situated. She has gone to that office more than she'd like to.

After all, her 12 sons have all studied high school in that school except for Jongin, Tao and Sehun, who were still attending there. Having to attend parent's meetings, graduations and student problems made her memorize almost the entire school's campus.

 

She reached the front door of the said office and took a deep breath before knocking thrice and then waited for the principal's voice saying 'come in'. When she heard the signal, she quickly opened the door to see three of her sons sitting beside each other. Tao was sniffling while Jongin was  glaring at the boy on the other side that has a big bruise on his eye. Sehun, her youngest, was displaying his poker face until they heard the door open and saw their mother.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo seongsangnim." Mrs. Kim politely greeted looking at her sons and the bruised boy, analyzing the cause of the call she had received in her boss' office.

"Please take a seat, Mrs. Kim." The principal said in a mono tone, obviously not happy to see the ahjumma. 

"Nee." The mother said and turned to her sons. There wasn't any free seat left except for the seat that was beside the bruised boy which she didn't want to take. If she knew that her sons are the ones being victimized here, she might give the student more than just a bruise.

 

Tao and Jongin nudged Sehun to stand up but the maknae was stubborn sending glares at his hyungs. Tao, sniffing, stood up and sat on Sehun's lap which the maknae permitted. 

Mrs. Kim sat in the middle seat giving her sons a 'we'll talk later' look making the three stiffen like a rock. 

"Omma." Tao pouted as he clung on his mother's arm. Even though Sehun is the maknae, Tao is the one that is most attached to the mother. All twelve of them are, but the 10th is the most cuddly and babied.

 

Mrs. Kim softened at the sight of her vulnerable son. Just who the hell dare make my poor baby panda cry? She brushed her son's bangs and placed her lips on his forehead before holding Jongin's hand to calm him down. She can feel it, Jongin's urge to kill the boy sitting in front of him along with the principal who didn't even bother  to greet his mother. 

 

"Just like I said over the phone, Mrs. Kim. Your sons, again, caused another fight. And this time, I was the one who saw them in action." The principal told giving a look at the three. Jongin rolled his eyes while Sehun glared and Tao looked down gripping his mother's sleeve tighter.

Mrs. Kim inwardly sighed and took a glance at the beaten up boy in front of her. She knows her sons won't do something like this if no one provoked them, especially Tao. She then turned to the principal and felt like wanting to punch the old hag's face. She was relieved that she didn't let Luhan come instead of her.

 

Luhan volunteered on going in her place but knowing the principal and her son, nothing will get solved if her 2nd son was the one who came. Instead, Luhan might've beaten the hell out of that principal and helped his brothers in beating up the bruised boy some more. That son of hers knows his brothers well. Yes, they're a bunch of dorks, and they're crazy, loud, whiny and can be really annoying,  but they will never beat someone just because they  felt like doing it.

 

Mrs. Kim then turned to her sons. "Is this true, Tao? Did you and your dongsaengs beat this boy up?" She asked and Tao let out a sob before nodding slowly. It was obvious that he really was regretting it and sad to have his mother disappointed. 

 

The mother wiped her son's tears before cupping his cheeks. "But why did you do that?" She asked. Tao couldn't talk with all the crying, so she turned to Jongin for answers.

"Jongin?" The 2nd youngest blinked at her. She knows he's still mad at whatever the reason was, it was obviously related to the problem and she knows that this son of hers doesn't like talking when he's upset. And with that, she turned to her youngest. "Sehuna?"

Sehun frowned and frowned at the bruised boy before letting out an angry huff. "That dumb punk called Jongin adopted." Sehun blurted out making the principal gasp at the latter's vocabulary. 

 

Mrs. Kim felt her blood pressure rise at the reason and thought that her sons did a good job of giving the boy a piece of their minds. If the elder brothers hear about this, they'll literally burn the student's house along with the whole school.

One thing the Kim family was being careful at was Jongin's sensitivity about his skin color that he inherited from his late father. They know how this saddens Jongin and makes him feel self-conscious about himself, which is wrong. His skin tone is perfect the way it is and it looks good on him, too. But the younger is too naive to know that.

 

"He also said that hyung is not Korean and that he's the black sheep of our family." Sehun added making the mother's eyebrow twitch. How dare this punk?!

The principal saw that sign and gulped nervously. And just like he predicted, Mrs. Kim turned to the boy and gave a forced spine chilling smile before asking "Is it true, haksaeng?"

The student stiffened, scared to death by the ahjumma's oozing furry. He couldn't even respond and the room remained silent. Even the principal didn't dare to interfere. 

"So, I'll take that as a yes, then?" She answer her own question. 

 

"I did tell them!!" The student finally spoke. "But that was what everyone was saying!" The student bursted, not being able to tolerate the most serious ambient in the office. "They were  all saying it! That your son is adopted and a black sheep. Some even say he's not Korean, he's black and you're a slu--" the student kept it on and on until a punch landed on his face.

 

Everyone gasped as they saw Jongin punch the fellow student who out immediately. "Enough!" The furious Jongin, panting in anger, shouted before leaving the office.

 

Mrs. Kim turned to her two sons and gave them a nod to follow their brother before attending the fainted student that her son just punched. You deserve it brat. She pretended to be devastated at his son’s actions and trying to slap the fainted kid awake, with more force than needed.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

They were in the clinic now sitting beside the unconscious student. Mrs. Kim sitting beside the boy's bed while the principal sat on the other chair across her's. She paid the student a look and her upper lip twitched upwards. I won't even ground my maknaes for punching you. She then turned to the principal who faked a cough for her attention but she beat the principal by talking first.

 

"With all due respect, sir, I do know that what my sons did is violent and is against the rules.  But did you ever ask the three why they did it?" She asked and the principal was silent. "Before I entered my sons into this school, I clearly put in their information what they don't like and things that cannot be brought up to them in the description box. Am I right?" She asked and the principal stood his guard with a 'yes'.

"Then, why didn't you asked my sons the reason and even stopped the student's insulting them?" She asked gritting her teeth. "Do you think I just wrote those things there because I like filling up boxes?" She was piercing the elderly with her glare and her pissed voice was clearly heard. "And what's the use of those papers if you couldn't even help or avoid these things from happening? Is it just because you like putting boxes on the forms?" she continued and the principal was astonished.

 

Mrs. Kim, with a lot of years going back and forth in the school, has never even lost her temper even with the principals' shouts at her or their attitude. She just did her best to apologize and such. But now, that the principal and the student have really crossed a line that shouldn't ever be crossed.

 

"I-I'm really s-sorry Mrs. Kim. I called you about this to actually apologize for not being able to protect your sons from other students." The principal said trying to slip out of the dangerous furry of the mother. "I wasn't even planning on punishing them but instead punish this student right here." He lied. He was totally planning on even suspending the three but now, he doesn't even have the back bone to even think of punishing the three.

 

Mrs. Kim sighed audibly and stood up rolling her eyes. "Look here principal. We've known each other for a long time and I know you were planning on punishing my sons even though they're the victims here because you're a biased principal and you don’t like our family." She said directly wanting to know what was happening with her three sons.

"But let me tell you this, the next time I see my sons being disrespected or treated wrongly, I will file a complaint on the department of education and withdraw all my sons out of this school." She clearly said, not threatening. "I'm sure that you're well aware that my Wu Fan is still the face of this school even though he graduated years ago. And my Jongin is your school's basketball captain. Without him, your school will never even get to the prelims. I will also take Sehun, the mathematic champion out and your martial arts ace, which is also my son, Tao."

"I'm not bragging or anything. But let's face it dude.” She lightly pushed the principal’s forehead with her index finger. “ This school will have a great loss without my sons, so it's either you treat them well or I'll take them and get you jobless on the way." Mrs. Kim told, taking out the formalities and talking like she owned the school. Time to tell this bald who's the boss.

"I'm trying to put up with you all these years because I wanted my sons to be treated fairly and better even though you didn't even give my sons that much of a credit and just put it all in your school. But it's okay, after all, we're trying to keep it all low. But you crossed the line this time baldie." She walked closer and leaned close to the principal's face with a smirk. "No one upsets with my sons like that, okay? This is the last strike principal baldie." She leaned off and rubbed the principal's bald head with her palm roughly. "One more strike and you're out." She said before going out of the room, satisfied with her words.

 

The mother then dashed on the hallways the moment she closed the door, running like a mad woman. My kkamjong, my poor baby! She rushed to find her sons.

 

“Who was that devil?” Mr. Go watched the mother go out of the room with a scared expression. “You better not wake up until she leaves the school grounds or you’ll be in big trouble.” He turned to the student who was pretending to be asleep.