Rule #1

OUR BIG MAMA

After a 10 minute run, Mrs. Kim found her three maknaes in a children's park. Sehun was standing on the slide's balcony while Tao was quietly sitting on the top of the slide, his legs hanging on the slide. And there was Jongin below the slide sitting as he played with a twig, peeling it with his nails. He was lightly sniffing and he was trying his best to hide his puffy eyes under his dark chocolate brown bangs.

Mrs. Kim's face fell at the sight of her babies feeling so down. My babies. Before the thoughts of blaming herself drowned her mind, she made her way to the park making the three turn to see the intruder only to find their mother.

 

"Omma!" Tao cried and slid down to welcome his mom with a worried face. "We're sorry." He said as his lips started to quiver, his eyes watering again.

 

The mother gave her son an assuring smile before pulling him into a hug. "Aigoo, it's all okay now, baby panda. Omma is not mad at you, okay? Don't cry." She comforted her crying son giving the boy a small massage on his back.

Sehun, soon slid down as well and looked at his mother apologetically but before he could speak, he was already pulled into the group hug, having his mom and hyung squish him. 

"I already took care of baldie, so you guys don’t have to worry, okay." She said breaking the hug and looking at her sons in the eyes. "Just avoid using violence next time, okay?" She said giving her sons' arms a light squeeze.

 

The two smiled and nodded their head just like little kids. "Ne ommoni." They chorused. 

The mother smiled at her sons heartily before stealing a glance at her still sulking Jongin. She reached her keys in her office uniform’s pockets and gave it to Sehun. "Panda-goon, Sehun-ah. Go to the van first. I'll talk to our kkamjjong for a minute." She said and the two nodded. But before they went, Sehun turned to his mother with a pout.

"Omma, I want to buy ddukkbokki." Said Sehun with a pout massaging his stomach. He knows his aegyo never fails to give him money for a snack.

Not that he doesn’t have any money, he just wanted to feel that feeling when your mom gives you money for a snack. He always does that to make sure  that his mother is not angry at them anymore. Childish, but for the maknae, it’s a big deal.

 

"I want ice cream, omma ~" Tao added pouting as well. 

Now, her two fully grown up sons in high school are showing their aegyos for a snack, calling 'omma' in the cutest way they know and even giving their mother hugs and kisses, and  massaging her shoulders.

 

Mrs. Kim gave them a look before heaving a defeated sigh. "You know where my wallet is. Buy Jongin banana milk too." She said and the two rejoiced by high fiving each other, victorious grins on their faces. "Now go." She playfully slapped her sons' bottoms and the two chuckled before racing towards the car to get their mother's wallet and buy snacks.

The mother watched her two sons pushing each other racing to the van and chuckled. What do I do without them? She then turned to see her other son still sulking in that small space below the slide. The sun was already setting and the mosquitoes were starting to come out especially where Jongin was sitting, but the latter didn't mind.

 

She went towards her son and joined him in the small space, crouching down to not hit her head with the slide.

Jongin looked up to see his mother with a bitter expression. "Omma, don't come here. The mosquitoes are going to your blood." He said not minding the insect bites on himself. 

Mrs. Kim shook her head before sitting in front of her son resting her folded arms on Jongin's lap. "Anni, I'll stay with my Jonginnie."  She said with a playful grin making Jongin whine.

"Omaaa ~ Don't call me that. I'm in high school now." He said but the mother just chuckled.

 

But then, Jongin saw a mosquito his mother's blood on her arm. He slapped his mother's arm lightly, killing the insect and surprising the ahjumma. He stared at the insect with pure hatred, a frown in his face thinking of how that lowly insect dare try to take his mom's blood.

He then looked at his mom and saw the group of insects surrounding them. And not wanting his mother to be insect food, he held his mother's hand and led them out of the small space.

 

"Jongin-ah." Hye Jung called her son who turned to her. "Let's take a walk?" She said intertwining her arm with her son's, using her big eyes aegyo tactic.

Having walks whenever she wants to have serious talks with her sons really helped them understand each other and their feelings. Mrs. Kim always does it with her sons who want to talk and have that mother and son bonding.

"Mooom." Jongin then whined at his mother's behavior. "You're an ahjumma already, stop doing aegyo." He said but Mrs. Kim giggled and tugged at her son's arm.

"Kaajaaa ~" she imitated Jongin's whining tone making Jongin smile.

"Arrasso omma." He said and the two walked out of the park for a walk.

 

They were walking silently and Jongin was still down about the incident. Mrs. Kim was about to talk but Jongin beat her to it.

 

"Omma, I'm sorry." He apologized looking on the ground.

He was upset about his classmates messing with his skin color and the insults his mother gets because of it, saying she's a that has lots of men, making him turn into a raging bull hitting everyone who dare say it, along with his brothers.

 

The three of them, just like their graduated brothers are kingkas of the school but the thugs never let anything pass, even kingkas' private lives. But now, he doubts that they will have the back bone to do it again, seeing on how one of those blabber mouths ended up.

 

"Jongin-ah." The mother called her son cupping his face in order to see his tearing eyes. "Omma loves you." She said with a sweet a calming tone putting the child's heart at ease. "You know that, right?" She asked and Jongin sniffed before nodding his head, his plump lips quivering.

 

Sad about her son’s worries, the mother pulled her son into a tight hug. "Omma is sorry, Jongin-ah." She said with a wavering voice worrying Jongin that immidiately broke the hug to look at his crying mother.

"Omma, why are you sorry? Please don't cry." The boy said in concern wiping his mother's tears.

 

"Sorry if omma, couldn't give you white skin." She apologized.

She really hates it when people poke at her sons' imperfections and blame it to herself for not 'making' them well. "Sorry for making you go through a hard time, Jonginnie." She added. “Omma is really sorry.”

 

Jongin felt his heart drop and drowned in guilt. How could he not think of his mother's feelings? It was no one's fault that his skin is like that. And he knows that if his mother can change his skin, she will do it by all means. He knows how their mother tried her best to work and give everything he and his brothers want and need, and having her apologize for a thing like that made Jongin feel like he's a bad son.

 

"Ommaaaa, don't cry" he cooed and pulled his mom for a hug. "Don't be sorry, it's not even your fault." He tried to comfort his mother as he rocked them side by side.

"And it's not like I hate my skin tone. I just don't like people talking about it all the time." He tried to assure that he's fine and that she shouldn't be worried. "Omma, please don't cry. I'm happy you gave birth to me and that you and my brothers love me so much. That's all that matters for me." He added trying to find more comforting words but failed.

Jongin is not a man with a lot of words. He's more of a straight forward person and tells things without beating around the bush but has sincerity in each word he says.

 

"Really? You're not sad about it?" The mother looked at her son sniffling,  and the boy nodded with a smile.

"I'm happy with omma, hyungs and Sehun. I don't wish for anything else." He said wiping the remaining tears of his mother. Her eyes are now red and he will surely get bombarded by a lot of questions by his brothers later on when they get home.

 

"Them, I'm happy too, with Sehunnie, you and your hyungs. I don't wish for anything but your happiness." Mrs. Kim finally smiled relieving Jongin's worried heart. "I love you, Jonginnie." She beamed and Jongin just let his mother call him with that nickname and said his "I love you too, omma" before they walked to the van.

 

OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~ OUR BIG MAMA ~

 

Jongin, Sehun and Tao were kneeling on the floor while their hyungs sat on the sofa and others standing, all looking at the maknaes, a laptop on the table with Kris on Skype, also with an unpleased expression. 

He was going to an important dinner in Paris but when he received a message saying 'mom cried' from Suho, he immediately ditched the dinner and opened his laptop for the emergency meeting. 

 

"So?" Luhan asked for the three to speak, eager to find out if that bald principal of his old school was the one responsible for their mother's tears. And one thing is for sure, the one responsible will have to face the consequences of making the mother of the 12 sons cry.

"Guys, what happened? Omma obviously cried." Minseok asked this time. 

 

He and the others were worried but didn't bring the topic with their mother's presence. But once their mother closed the front door to go to her part time job, Minseok and Suho bombarded the three with questions.

 

There are also rules and regulations in the Kim’s household just like others. But for the 12, the first and absolute law is to not make their mother cry. But since everyone noticed their mother’s puffy eyes the moment they laid their eyes on her, the Kim brothers had to do an emergency meeting calling everyone to go back home as soon as possible.

 

"Someone will have to talk, maknaes. The law has been broken and we have to know who or what is responsible for it." Baekhyun said this time.

Baekhyun is not really the serious type. He’s the one who is always making jokes in the middle of their family meetings but this time, it is different. When it comes in to the breaking of the rule number 1, everyone has to be serious.

 

"Hyung, we really don't know.” Tao pouted at his hyungs. “Omma told us to go to the van because she wanted to talk to Jongin and when they got back, both of them had red eyes." Tao explained their point of view and making all gazes turn to the dark skinned boy.

 

Jongin rolled his eyes before talking like he doesn’t really have a choice. "It's my fault." He said. "I was upset about people picking on my skin and omma started to blame herself for not giving me white skin genes." He explained and everyone was silent. 

 

What Jongin said is so like their mother. She always gets sad whenever she couldn't give her sons anything they want and sulks about it for a good hour, the reason almost everyone has their own way of making money so they won't have to ask for their mom for anything except for love and delicious food.

But then, they felt bad about Jongin. Even though they wanted to scold the kid for not thinking about their mother's heart, they couldn't bring themselves to do it. They know how that topic affects the kid so much. I mean, who doesn't? Being the only tan one in your family isn't really a great feeling even if he's just as handsome.

 

"But you cleared things up, right?" Chanyeol asked and Jongin nodded.

"Not only that, hyungs. I don't feel sad about my skin anymore, I'm just contented that you guys and mom love me and that's all there is to it. Thanks to mom, I came to realize that." He said and the 12 inwardly sighed in relief before smiling.

"Does this mean you won't hit us anymore if we call you kkamjjong?" Chen started with his trolling knowing that the serious moment is over and their brother and mother are all ok.

Jongin glared at his brothers before throwing a pillow at Chen who pulled Baekhyun as a shield that got hit straight on the face.

 

"OHHHH!!!!" the 10 boomed except for Baekhyun stoned and Jongin stiffened knowing very well what he just started.

 

Baekhyun picked the cushion slowly before returning an evil grin at Jongin.

"Hyung, mian--"  Jongin was about to try to avoid what was supposed to happen but Baekhyun cut him off.

"Ohhh, it's on. Kim Jongin!" He said and threw the cushion straight at the dark skinned boy. The pillow hit Jongin's arm that was covering his face and bounced back at Tao who got hit by the neck.

 

"PILLOW FIIIIIGHT!!!" Tao stood up and took all the cushions he could before throwing everything at his brothers who were also doing the same.

"SPARTA!!" Suho threw the pillow to nowhere and hit Luhan. The third eldest turned to him and Suho ran for his life screaming "Retreat! Retreat!"

Even Kris who was watching his brothers in a pillow war was laughing alone in his suite trying to dodge the pillows that hit the camera but of course, failed.